Magnus Opus: Peter 3.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Magnus Opus: Peter 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Rachyl View Post
    id like to see your reprobate self try to preach the gospel once i bet you dont even have the courage.
    As opposed to just quoting bits of the bible out of context like Rachyl, I encourage all of you to sit down at a chair, with a nice drink and witness the summit of my insanity.

Today I will be covering a bit of the bible that I personally agree with. While it's historical purpose and usage as a scientific and philosophic cornerstone is flawed at best (See Revelation 7:1, After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.), It was still written by wise men. Kings and prophets who understand morality. King Solomon of Israel describes himself as teaching wisdom, however he raised temples to his many wives' gods, which angered Him. What the bible can and should be used for, in my opinion, is a foundation. It is written by sinning men. The detailed story of how pride and greed caused the downfall of each of the Lord's disciples. It is up to the reader to determine what these men did which caused their problems.

Today I wish to talk about the Book of Peter. Specifically, 1 Peter 3 (am I citing this correctly? I hope I am.) Now, this verse can be succinctly divided into two categories. 1-7 and 8-22. I will admit I have not read the full bible, nor have I read all of the Book of Peter. I have, however, attended church inconsistently for ~1/3 of my life, and live in a predominantly baptist household. I have some weight on the topic but someone else would probably be able to deliver a better sermon than I.

Spoiler : 1 Peter 3:1-7 :
    1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,
    2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.
    3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
    4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
    5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands,
    6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
    7 Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

In this... verse? Stanza? I don't know the right term. The disciple Peter writes about his teachings. Peter writes in a very respectable way. He is very considerate, modest, and logical. Peter writes about how it is a christian woman's duty to the Lord that she must convert her husband. He preaches that this should be done through pure behavior. This should not be interpreted as them being submissive, but just as outstanding people and functioning members of society. He teaches that belief in the Lord should be believe in yourself. Remain strong to yourself and to Him. He ends the passage with a succinct message stating it is the husband's duty to respect the wife. Treat them as people.

Now we get to the juicy shit.

Spoiler : 1 Peter 3:8-22 :
    8 Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
    9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
    10 For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech.
    11 They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it.
    12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
    13 Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?
    14 But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened.”
    15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
    16 keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
    17 For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
    18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.
    19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits—
    20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
    21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
    22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Where Peter and the disciples express that they are good people is in this passage. It's a message that should be spread more. And one that I sadly don't see being followed by our friend. Acceptance. Pay particular attention to 3:8-11. Peter says that you must respect people. If they disagree with you, don't hate on them. Shower them with love. It's a beautiful message which even without religious connotation is still something that humans should do. You need to be accepting of other people, even if they are not accepting of you. If we were able to follow this advice as a species then we could advance so far. Not to justify a god, but for your own benefit.

Upon analyzing this, I understand why people look for religion. But you shouldn't need someone to tell you this. This is morality at its basest level. And the fact someone can preach the gospel without understanding that to follow god you need to do more than say how great god is, is frankly depressing to me. I think I've reaffirmed my belief that I don't give two shits, and that there will be bad apples in any community. But I'm thrilled that by spending almost an hour of my time on something that I find somewhat interesting, but makes Rachyl either frustrated or silent for a period of up to 2 weeks then I consider it a good use of my time.

I hope you enjoyed my Magnum Opus. If Rachyl continues to talk shit I'll bring in an analysis of text that I actually find ahead of time to call her out.
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; January 19th, 2019 at 11:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Magnus Opus: Peter 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    As opposed to just quoting bits of the bible out of context like Rachyl, I encourage all of you to sit down at a chair, with a nice drink and witness the summit of my insanity.

Today I will be covering a bit of the bible that I personally agree with. While it's historical purpose and usage as a scientific and philosophic cornerstone is flawed at best (See Revelation 7:1, After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.), It was still written by wise men. Kings and prophets who understand morality. King Solomon of Israel describes himself as teaching wisdom, however he raised temples to his many wives' gods, which angered Him. What the bible can and should be used for, in my opinion, is a foundation. It is written by sinning men. The detailed story of how pride and greed caused the downfall of each of the Lord's disciples. It is up to the reader to determine what these men did which caused their problems.

Today I wish to talk about the Book of Peter. Specifically, 1 Peter 3 (am I citing this correctly? I hope I am.) Now, this verse can be succinctly divided into two categories. 1-7 and 8-22. I will admit I have not read the full bible, nor have I read all of the Book of Peter. I have, however, attended church inconsistently for ~1/3 of my life, and live in a predominantly baptist household. I have some weight on the topic but someone else would probably be able to deliver a better sermon than I.

In this... verse? Stanza? I don't know the right term. The disciple Peter writes about his teachings. Peter writes in a very respectable way. He is very considerate, modest, and logical. Peter writes about how it is a christian woman's duty to the Lord that she must convert her husband. He preaches that this should be done through pure behavior. This should not be interpreted as them being submissive, but just as outstanding people and functioning members of society. He teaches that belief in the Lord should be believe in yourself. Remain strong to yourself and to Him. He ends the passage with a succinct message stating it is the husband's duty to respect the wife. Treat them as people.

Now we get to the juicy shit.

Where Peter and the disciples express that they are good people is in this passage. It's a message that should be spread more. And one that I sadly don't see being followed by our friend. Acceptance. Pay particular attention to 3:8-11. Peter says that you must respect people. If they disagree with you, don't hate on them. Shower them with love. It's a beautiful message which even without religious connotation is still something that humans should do. You need to be accepting of other people, even if they are not accepting of you. If we were able to follow this advice as a species then we could advance so far. Not to justify a god, but for your own benefit.

Upon analyzing this, I understand why people look for religion. But you shouldn't need someone to tell you this. This is morality at its basest level. And the fact someone can preach the gospel without understanding that to follow god you need to do more than say how great god is, is frankly depressing to me. I think I've reaffirmed my belief that I don't give two shits, and that there will be bad apples in any community. But I'm thrilled that by spending almost an hour of my time on something that I find somewhat interesting, but makes Rachyl either frustrated or silent for a period of up to 2 weeks then I consider it a good use of my time.

I hope you enjoyed my Magnum Opus. If Rachyl continues to talk shit I'll bring in an analysis of text that I actually find ahead of time to call her out.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. -JESUS CHRIST
    Your going to hell, end of story, you stupid hellbound loser!
    Your not in Christ, and you want to try to use the bible against me? LOL. IM A BORN AGAIN CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD, YOU ARE NOT. YOUR OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL. I AM MARKING THIS STEALTHBOMBER AS A HERETIC AND HE IS TO BE AVOIDING ASAP!!!!!!!!!

6. ISO #6

Heres my impression of stealthbomber at the white throne judgement.
    Stealthbomber: BUT LORD, I DID MANY WONDERFUL WORKS IN YOUR NAME!
    Jesus: Depart from me, ye that work iniquity!
    Stealthbomber: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELP ME GOD GOD PLEAAAAAAASE LET ME IN!
    Jesus: Depart from me! ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    Stealthbomber=Roasted

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Joan Of Arc View Post
    Jesus: Depart from me! ye cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    Stealthbomber=Roasted
    I’d never say that.

I’d say “I did many wonderful works in ye name”. Because that sounds better. But yknow, once again instead of analyzing the Bible, you just sit back and call us all losers for doing your job. If I’m going to hell, I can’t fucking wait to see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

10. ISO #10

I’d never say that.

I’d say “I did many wonderful works in ye name”. Because that sounds better. But yknow, once again instead of analyzing the Bible, you just sit back and call us all losers for doing your job. If I’m going to hell, I can’t fucking wait to see you there.
    NOOOPPPPEEEEE. I wont be there! im a child of God im going to heaven. ill be going to the judgement seat of christ, youll be going to the great white throne judgement where youll be judged according to your works. (Scary) and you will burn in hell forever. please get saved and come to christ before its too late! Praise Jesus.

11. ISO #11

I’d never say that.

see thats my point about you bearing bad fruit and being cast into the fire, because your evil heart brings forth evil fruit. and you want me to go to hell so your kind of evil for that....just kinda....well actually.......really evil.

12. ISO #12

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
    Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached to you, which you welcomed and accepted and on which you stand [by faith]. By this faith you are saved [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose], if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain [just superficially and without complete commitment].

For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold], and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
    This is for you sweety. please believe on the Lord Jesus Christ!

13. ISO #13

see thats my point about you bearing bad fruit and being cast into the fire, because your evil heart brings forth evil fruit. and you want me to go to hell so your kind of evil for that....just kinda....well actually.......really evil.
    But you seem to want all of us to go to hell
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

14. ISO #14

The Fact of Christ’s Resurrection
    Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached to you, which you welcomed and accepted and on which you stand [by faith]. By this faith you are saved [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose], if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain [just superficially and without complete commitment].

For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold], and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
    This is for you sweety. please believe on the Lord Jesus Christ!
    It’s kind of funny because all of the []s show how vague and variably interpretable the Bible is, that y’all have to add that many words yourselves to make it mean what you want it to mean
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    It’s kind of funny because all of the []s show how vague and variably interpretable the Bible is, that y’all have to add that many words yourselves to make it mean what you want it to mean
    You are on your way to hell. ACTS 16:31. you havent believed on Christ, and your ends will be according to your works. REPENT!

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    But you seem to want all of us to go to hell
    That would totally defeat the purpose of preaching to you guys. if i wanted you to go to hell i would sit back and watch you all go to hell in a hand basket. am i mean? no! i care. i dont want anyone to go to hell. but unforunately most of you will not hearken unto my words, and thus, your end will be according to your works. "Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Stealthbomber=Roasted
    Lvl 80 shitpost, i approve.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

19. ISO #19

Stealthbomber=Roasted
    Efekannn02: Hi What Else Am I Going To Say?
    Jesus: This evil... It is far more worse than Satan's, you must leave please.
    Efekannn02: Hell Naw Dude I Want 5 Bucks
    Jesus: *roasts Efekannn02* I am deeply sorry
    Efekannn02: I'm Back Now Where The Hell Is The 5 Dollars I Wished For?
    I Like Ice Cream

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Efekannn02: Hi What Else Am I Going To Say?
    Jesus: This evil... It is far more worse than Satan's, you must leave please.
    Efekannn02: Hell Naw Dude I Want 5 Bucks
    Jesus: *roasts Efekannn02* I am deeply sorry
    Efekannn02: I'm Back Now Where The Hell Is The 5 Dollars I Wished For?
    Efekannn02 dies from ligma
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31