S-FM: Converging Realities
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

S-FM: Converging Realities

Setup: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/43663-S-FM-Converging-Realities-(13-Players)

A few minor changes may be made to the setup before start. I'm posting signups now, but the game will likely not start for a couple of weeks to reduce conflict with Damus'/Mike's FM.

Game Start:https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?...0+2019+7pm+PST

Signups

1. Damus_Graves
    2. Kenny
    3. Stealthbomber16
    4. The Lawyer
    5. Bahkieh
    6. Efekannn02
    7. Yayap
    8. Mike
    9. Ganelon
    10. Banshis
    11. Light_Yagami
    12. Eclipse
    13. Marshmallow Marshall

Reserves
    1. Glip
    2. xDarkDragonDx
    3. Numbertwo
    4. Rumox
    Last edited by Auckmid; February 16th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: S-FM: Converging Realities

/sign
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    As I said this likely won't be going for around another 2 weeks. Are you just not going to have any time to play at all during this period?
    Yea, I have a baby coming in a few weeks, so I don't think I should commit to a game lol

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    Move me to /reserve

Life is throwing me curveballs. Don't know how much time I'll have free for games.
    As mentioned, this game likely won't start for at least a couple weeks. I'll move you to the reserve, but there might not be interference unless you end up being busy long term.

16. ISO #16

As mentioned, this game likely won't start for at least a couple weeks. I'll move you to the reserve, but there might not be interference unless you end up being busy long term.
    Curveballs are keeping me busy at least until March. Gotta find a place to live and move in before then.

17. ISO #17

Curveballs are keeping me busy at least until March. Gotta find a place to live and move in before then.
    O wow.... Good luck
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post

I was interested in playing with you more...
    Sorry. If in a couple of weeks it seems like I will have the time to give the game the attention is deserves, I'll consider signing again, but as it is, I think the game is better off without me. Especially if my performance in blink's game is anything to go by.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

@Damus_Graves
    @Kenny
    @Stealthbomber16
    @The Lawyer
    @Mike
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Yayap

As mentioned, the FM still won't start for at least a week. However, I would like to get some opinions on the preferred day/night times...

Option A) Both "realities" run in parallel with 72 hour days and 24 hour nights. This is how it is currently in the setup.

Option B) The "realities" are slanted so that only one thread is open at a time. RealityA would be open for 48 hours, followed by RealityB being open for 48 hours, followed by a 24 hour night. Only one thread would need to be attended to at a time, but the overall time required to reach the convergence would be extended by 48 hours (From 8 days irl to 10 days).

I'll do whichever version is preferred by the majority of the players.
    Last edited by Auckmid; January 16th, 2019 at 03:37 AM.

22. ISO #22

@Damus_Graves
    @Kenny
    @Stealthbomber16
    @The Lawyer
    @Mike
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Yayap

As mentioned, the FM still won't start for at least a week. However, I would like to get some opinions on the preferred day/night times...

Option A) Both "realities" run in parallel with 72 hour days and 24 hour nights. This is how it is currently in the setup.

Option B) The "realities" are slanted so that only one thread is open at a time. RealityA would be open for 48 hours, followed by RealityB being open for 48 hours, followed by a 24 hour night. Only one thread would need to be attended to at a time, but the overall time required to reach the convergence would be extended by 48 hours (From 8 days irl to 10 days).

I'll do whichever version is preferred by the majority of the players.
    Option A reads to me like there would be two threads going at one time.
    Is this accurate or am i misunderstanding @Auckmid

23. ISO #23

I vote for Option A. I'm not a fan of leaving a thread (a reality) dead for 72h straight.

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I vote for Option A. I'm not a fan of leaving a thread (a reality) dead for 72h straight.
    I agree option a
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

I'm seeing much more support for option A, so no changes will be made to the setup in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Option A reads to me like there would be two threads going at one time.
    Is this accurate or am i misunderstanding @Auckmid
    Yes, both threads will be open at the same time.

The following additional notes have been added to the setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid
    Additional Rules

1) The host reserves the right to add uncommon or unique roles to the setup in addition to the special roles/keywords given above. However...
    2) The following mechanics will NOT exist in the setup:
    • Roles which must die to fulfill their win condition (ex: Jester)
    • Roles which can win with different opposing factions (ex: Survivor)
    • Roles that cause other players to change alignments (ex: Cult Leader)

3) Cause of death will not be given pre-convergence but will be given post-convergence, including the cause of death for people who died prior to the convergence in both realities.
    4) No last wills or death notes.

Quite a few players who were available earlier in the winter aren't available at the moment. We will see if there is an influx of signups at the conclusion of the ongoing FMs. If not, the start of the FM might need to be delayed for some of those players to become available again.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

I will tentatively move my /reserve back to a /sign, assuming this still isn't starting for another couple weeks.
    I'm not completely certain on when I'll start the FM. I'll give at least 3 days warning before starting the FM, so if you are still too busy at that point, I'll move you back to reserve.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

When does the game start?
    Even though there is still a bit of uncertainty, it will most likely begin some time next week.

Ideally, we will get the last 4 signups in the next few days and then I can set an exact start date based off of that. If it comes to it, I will downsize the setup to work with less then 13 players.

40. ISO #40
    Ganelon

/sign
    My game'll start after Auckmid's ends.

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43
    Ganelon

Any chance you could start the game anytime after next Wednesday? I'll be quite busy till then

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

After giving some recent thought, I have decided to give a vague role list for the 13 player setup for both realities.

Hidden Mafia
    Hidden Mafia

Hidden Any
    Hidden Any
    Hidden Any

Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town

This has been added to the setup.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

Swap me to /reserve, please.

48. ISO #48

@Damus_Graves @Marshmallow Marshall

After giving it some thought, I don't think that I can downsize the setup without heavily gimping the mechanics I would want to have in play. While there are several players that will become available again in a few weeks, I don't think that I am realistically going to fill the last 4 slots that quickly. For that reason, I'm happy to push this game down in the queue and let Ganelon go first if he is able to get the appropriate numbers for his game. If not, setup sizes might have to be downsized for a bit until there is a higher amount of player activity again on the site.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50

Just to let everyone know one of these weekends I will not be able to play as my wedding anniversary. Is Feb 10 yes us men can remember lol. I promised my wife a hunnymoon weekend. Meaning spending time with her no games lol. Only putting this out there so you all understand why I am not signing up.. now if I can play one during the week and have a sub for the weekend that would be ok. Lol.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>