User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Simple Forum Mafia

Night 1:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post794342
    Day Two: https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post794446

Good Evening Honored Guests!

It is my most welcome opportunity to be your host for our special event happening tonight and tonight only!

Please. . .please come take a seat and make sure to grab that popcorn because you are in for one helluva ride! Tonight we are delving deep into history.
    We begin in the world of Ancient Greece, a land beset with innumerable mystical tales and awe-inspiring sights! Heroes sprouted up from thin air left and right, each coming prepackaged with compelling tales of woe and triumph. The gods of this time had an inclination for judgment and more oft dealt punishing blows for slights, imagined and otherwise. (Word to the wise: Don’t fuck with Gods.)

Gilgamesh, who spurred by jealousy, turned his lover’s previous flame into a Hideous Beast! Zeus bestowed his wrath upon a trickster, Lycaon, when he discovered his feast was the flesh of a sacrificed boy. Lycaon and his family line forever cursed to become beasts. . .
    Oh, there are so many wondrous epics we could explore but, alas. We have only the time for a specific tale tonight. In truth we return to the true origins of the Beast. Back during a time of true fanaticism, a world where the omens sprang from every nook and every fallen leaf. Tides and the winds spoke of changes and hardships. In the village of Stavros, outside Thermopylae, laid a promised one, spoken for by destiny. Unknowing of their bloodstained future, they simply labored each day to survive the hardships of Ancient Greece. Ares himself saw the potential for war within this their being and began his plot to draw out this latent power. They suffered through the curse to become the Beast upon nightfall, and return to their human form by dawn. Will the curse spread rampant upon their village, or can the villagers overcome this terrible legend? Well my dear friends, that depends most entirely on you and the choices you make . .. . ..

[Aside: We are truly in for a wonder folks. Thanks to our new technology, The Hadron Collider as it is so aptly named, we have had successful trips to the future and back. Parachute pants come back into style around 2035 (Word to the wise). Now it is our extreme pleasure to send our volunteers in a blast to the past! Kick back, relax, and grab a Coke! You won't wanna miss this.]

@AIVION - Alive
    @Light_Yagami - Alive
    @Auckmid - Alive
    @Banshis - Alive
    @Arsonist - Alive
    @naz - Alive
    @blinkskater - Alive
    @Marshmallow Marshall - Alive

Game begins at Jan 23
    Last edited by Damus_Graves; January 27th, 2019 at 07:09 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Re: Simple Forum Mafia

hi im dr uh nk
    [Vote]distorted and blinksksater.com[tvote]
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Banshis View Post
    -vote Naz

Scum always claim they are drunk!
    See Mike in Eternia and Numbertwo in blink's sfm. GG Solved.
    -vote Banshis
    This looks like ungenuine sheeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    -vote naz

The stereotype that drunk people cannot spell correctly is a harmful one which I will not stand for.
    I'm sorry, but @blinkskater has proven that it is true.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #13

I'll be busy this afternoon, but expect more posting than that >=O

14. ISO #14

-unvote

The site meta atm seems to be that days start in a somewhat troll-like fashion where people just say whatever and place their votes down without much reason until someone sees something that they find as genuinely suspicious, then the game progresses from there. A lot of the time, the early days still end in hastily put together turbo lynches, but that isn't super relevant.

The reason why I am pointing this out is that even though I do recognize that the start of the FM might be a little bit awkward for some people (late evening), it's safe to say that this FM is not progressing quickly and, at the current rate, day 1 will provide minimal information and will end with a pseudo-random lynch. While I don't think that the naz thing is that terrible, I don't think that basing the early game around naz's drinking will be that beneficial.

For that reason, lets try to stimulate the day chat with...

Random Question Time

@everyone

1) Who are you? (answer as vaguely or as in-depth as you like)
    2) How did you discover the site/start playing mafia?
    3) Do you prefer playing as town or as scum?
    4) Do you think you are better at playing as town or as scum?
    5) Do you prefer cats or dogs?
    6) Are you town?
    7) Do you have a stronger relation with any player or players currently in this FM relative to everyone else?

I'll also give my answers...

1) I'm 22 years old and am currently in my final year of university at UBC where I am studying computer science. I was born in and lived my early life in England but moved to Canada at the end of elementary school and am currently planning on moving back to England for a while once I've finished my degree.

2) I played the SC2 mod pretty much the day it was released back in 2011 and joined the site through that. I've long since stopped playing the mod since I eventually found the overemphasis on all power-roles and "follow the sheriff" to be uninteresting. However, I still find forum mafias, where the emphasis is much more on scumhunting, to be much more entertaining.

3) I prefer playing town for the simple reason that I find deducing who the bad guys are to be funner then deceiving people as the bad guy.

4) I had not played mafia for many years before rejoining the site when I hosted LBP. Since being back, I have only rolled town. For this reason, I don't know how successful I would be if I played as scum and therefore cannot really answer this question. As mentioned above however, I enjoy playing town more then mafia which has always been the case.

5) I prefer cats. I value independence quite highly as a characteristic which is something cats display much more strongly then dogs.

6) I am town.

7) Banshis and I are both part of a group that formed quite a few years ago that originated from this website which contains most of the older players who have come back recently, at least for a bit.

15. ISO #15

-unvote

The site meta atm seems to be that days start in a somewhat troll-like fashion where people just say whatever and place their votes down without much reason until someone sees something that they find as genuinely suspicious, then the game progresses from there. A lot of the time, the early days still end in hastily put together turbo lynches, but that isn't super relevant.

The reason why I am pointing this out is that even though I do recognize that the start of the FM might be a little bit awkward for some people (late evening), it's safe to say that this FM is not progressing quickly and, at the current rate, day 1 will provide minimal information and will end with a pseudo-random lynch. While I don't think that the naz thing is that terrible, I don't think that basing the early game around naz's drinking will be that beneficial.

Random Question Time

@everyone

6) Are you town?
    7) Do you have a stronger relation with any player or players currently in this FM relative to everyone else?
    My Answers.

1) Please Read My Signature..

2) 2012

3) I Dont Prefer Or Black List

4) I Think I Play Both Equally Well.

5) I Prefer Neither..

6) Please Take Note Of My Opening Statement.

7) I Have No Tangible Relation With Anyone Other Then The People I Know.

16. ISO #16

I've contracted the flu. My activity will be minimal untill i feel better.

That being said, naz saying shes drunk is completely NAI for her. Thats just how she roles.

I also want to state my opinion about day 1 in a cult like game. If we lynch today it will most likley be a random lynch. Id there are players who dont like playing scum, get nervous when they rand it. Have trouble acting towny as scum, then they need not even look at their role card untill night time... I enjoy playing scum way more then town so i already looked at my rolecard. But if i were like i stated above i wouldnt even have looked at it as to not incriminate myself... Theres only 1 werewolf atm so in its not like its needed to even look.

I also am going to say that I'd be a strong candidate for a day 2 and on lynch. I think I am going to be a likley werewolf target. My behavior will not change if I am culted, and it will be a lot harder to know if i have been culted then say anyone else IMO.
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

17. ISO #17

I don't usually answer these random non game related questions, but i'll humor you guys because I think this day one is a lot more useless then a normal one as I stated in my previous post.

1. I am blink vanquisher of wine and a furry god.

2. My friends from sc1 told.me to come play mafia on sc2 shortly after it came out, i didnt check out the sight till like 2015? I dont remember.

3. I prefer playing as scum, its way more fun, its far less frusterating because i know whats going on.

4. I think i'm pretty good as both. I've only lost like once as scum i think. And i've had town games where i solved the game day 2 but couldn't muster up the town to vote with me. I've also made the wrong choices in a couple.of key lymches as town. So i guess id say overall im a better scum. If i could convince players like i do as scum as town id be better off lol. Maybe i should start playing my towngame like i do scum hmmm.?

5. Cats all day.

6. Yep

7. Yes naz and marshmallow i know them very well. Aivion is right there also. But ive played the most with MM and when I roll town i can usually 99% of the time read him correctly. Naz sometimes i think shes scum when shes actually town, but most of the time i can read her correctly. Aivion i can usually figure out also. I will trust my reads on those 3 a lot more then everyone else.

18. ISO #18

Oh and fun fact. I know the random questions can be seen as NAI. But from my experience and nearly all the games that I played the guy who starts that random questions crap was scum. Appearing contributional, but asking questions not even related to the direct game.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Oh and fun fact. I know the random questions can be seen as NAI. But from my experience and nearly all the games that I played the guy who starts that random questions crap was scum. Appearing contributional, but asking questions not even related to the direct game.
    I Enjoy Fun Facts.. This Fun Fact Has Been Noted.

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    -vote Banshis

While it certainly isn't sound logic, recently the drunk card has been being played by scum in attempts to not contribute or to hide intentions in their posts. This is mostly to bring notice to that fact and people shouldn't claim when they are drunk. It only makes it harder to read any posts they made because then by them saying that you have to see whether actual scum tells they make are because they are actually scum or because they are hindered in their posting.
    Due to it being day 1, her post being at day start which ends up being RVS, and she didn't comment the rest of the night at all it is likely she really was just drunk and there isn't anything to read from her post.

I'm fine with unvoting her
    -unvote
    because I've at least shown a correlation between 2 games recently of scum claiming they are drunk in them if others haven't noticed.

21. ISO #21

6) Are you town?
    1) I am Banshis, also going to school for Computer Science.
    2) Long time ago was playing WoW with some friends who wanted to play some Sc2 so I got Sc2. Ended up finding mafia in the arcade and spam played it a ton. I'm pretty sure it was Cryptonic who I met in the mod who told me about the site.
    3)Town all the way.
    4)Town all the way.
    5)Dogs, Dogs, Dogs, and Dogs.
    6)Yes
    7)You pretty much answered this one for me already.

22. ISO #22

Can we not make this like Mike's game? >( If yall are gonna olay that shit then please lynch me first
    -vote naz

I've only read until post #13, I'm in another city for work and after this conference I'm driving all tf way home and probably doing my cello lesson sooooo I'll try my best to read the giant walls of text but I'll be around tomorrow..
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

23. ISO #23

-unvote

Random Question Time

@everyone

6) Are you town?

1) I'm 22 years old and am currently in my final year of university at UBC where I am studying computer science. I was born in and lived my early life in England but moved to Canada at the end of elementary school and am currently planning on moving back to England for a while once I've finished my degree.

2) I played the SC2 mod pretty much the day it was released back in 2011 and joined the site through that. I've long since stopped playing the mod since I eventually found the overemphasis on all power-roles and "follow the sheriff" to be uninteresting. However, I still find forum mafias, where the emphasis is much more on scumhunting, to be much more entertaining.

3) I prefer playing town for the simple reason that I find deducing who the bad guys are to be funner then deceiving people as the bad guy.

4) I had not played mafia for many years before rejoining the site when I hosted LBP. Since being back, I have only rolled town. For this reason, I don't know how successful I would be if I played as scum and therefore cannot really answer this question. As mentioned above however, I enjoy playing town more then mafia which has always been the case.

5) I prefer cats. I value independence quite highly as a characteristic which is something cats display much more strongly then dogs.

6) I am town.

7) Banshis and I are both part of a group that formed quite a few years ago that originated from this website which contains most of the older players who have come back recently, at least for a bit.
    -vote Auckmid

This strategy has always came from scum. Even I did it once, and I was scum. It's quite easy to scumpaint people successfully when you have a full wall of text of everyone talking about themselves. There's always something you can say about it to make someone look scummy.

24. ISO #24

Oh well this had already been said lol.

25. ISO #25

While it certainly isn't sound logic, recently the drunk card has been being played by scum in attempts to not contribute or to hide intentions in their posts. This is mostly to bring notice to that fact and people shouldn't claim when they are drunk. It only makes it harder to read any posts they made because then by them saying that you have to see whether actual scum tells they make are because they are actually scum or because they are hindered in their posting.
    Due to it being day 1, her post being at day start which ends up being RVS, and she didn't comment the rest of the night at all it is likely she really was just drunk and there isn't anything to read from her post.

-unvote
    because I've at least shown a correlation between 2 games recently of scum claiming they are drunk in them if others haven't noticed.
    Hm, ok. It still looked weird, but you explain it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by naz View Post
    Can we not make this like Mike's game? >( If yall are gonna olay that shit then please lynch me first
    -vote naz

I've only read until post #13, I'm in another city for work and after this conference I'm driving all tf way home and probably doing my cello lesson sooooo I'll try my best to read the giant walls of text but I'll be around tomorrow..
    Why so defensive/defeatist? You were voted by one person, and this person was attacked by two people because of it. I wouldn't say that you're in the red zone.

26. ISO #26

Wow there's not that many posts for a game that's almost at the halfway point xD.

This should be an easy catch up.

Also hi!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

27. ISO #27

hi im dr uh nk
    [Vote]distorted and blinksksater.com[tvote]
    Looks up DistortedandBlinksksater.com

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Walks Into Town Carrying A Pair Of Binoculars
    ...Okay I'll bite:

Why a pair of binoculars?

-vote Naz

Scum always claim they are drunk!
    See Mike in Eternia and Numbertwo in blink's sfm. GG Solved.
    It's funny because it's true. (even though mike faked his drunkenness)

Whether it's true here or not, remains to be seen.

-vote Banshis

Can't forget the sheep if it's sheeping. Hue.

I'm sorry, but @blinkskater has proven that it is true.
    I can also attest to this when I'm either high or drunk.

xD

-unvote

Random Question Time

@everyone

6) Are you town?

6) I am town.

Hmmm. Sure why not. Hasn't been much else done so far so I shall divulge.

1.) I am a 25 year old gender fluid individual (I sometimes feel feminine while other times I feel masculine A.K.A A screwed up human being :P) I am going to school for CIS (Computer Information Specialization) and I'm taking the winter off because driving in the winter sucks. Sort of just been working and taking care of my family and doing whatever I guess xD.

2.) I discovered SC2Mafia about 4 or so years ago. I started my mafia career on Epic mafia, and then moved onto Town of Salem where I have 1000+ hours logged onto that. I wanted to see what else there was, and remembered playing a Mafia mod on SC1 that was interesting, so I wanted to see if SC2 had the same kind of thing. That's when I discovered SC2Mafia, and fell in love with it. From there I was coaxed into being a Mod from basically the one person who I look up to as a father figure here (SJ, I hope he's doing well..) and the rest is history. Took a 2 year break from this place due to personal reasons, and now I'm back. Yar ;D

3.) I prefer playing as neither. I'd rather be a Neutral every game xD. I don't have to give a crap and I can just have fun following my own win-conditions. (I AM YOUR GOD JESTER!) But if I had to choose, I guess town.

4.) to be honest I haven't played that many genuine scum games, so I guess I can only say I'm better at playing town because I always roll town it seems nowadays (EXCEPT GOD JESTER BOW DOWN TO THY WILL!).

5.) Cats. The last dog I had nearly teared my house up. My precious lovelies would never (And couldn't) do such a horrible thing! I'm also married to a cat as well.

6.) Yes.

7.) I have a strong bond with a few people in this game, yes. I will always consider them great friends :3

I've contracted the flu. My activity will be minimal untill i feel better.

That being said, naz saying shes drunk is completely NAI for her. Thats just how she roles.

I also want to state my opinion about day 1 in a cult like game. If we lynch today it will most likley be a random lynch. Id there are players who dont like playing scum, get nervous when they rand it. Have trouble acting towny as scum, then they need not even look at their role card untill night time... I enjoy playing scum way more then town so i already looked at my rolecard. But if i were like i stated above i wouldnt even have looked at it as to not incriminate myself... Theres only 1 werewolf atm so in its not like its needed to even look.

I also am going to say that I'd be a strong candidate for a day 2 and on lynch. I think I am going to be a likley werewolf target. My behavior will not change if I am culted, and it will be a lot harder to know if i have been culted then say anyone else IMO.
    I hope you feel better Blink!

Also interesting call out here, and it makes me feel even more paranoid (why u do dis ;/)

I've also seen these questions be used to scum read people in the dumbest ways (That one game PTB did it and it was sort of sad. I'll have to look up the game I can't remember atm).

-unvote
    Yea but... it's the beginning of day 1. It sort of seems a bit... I dunno... desperate? (Dunno if that's the proper way to word it but w/e) to try to attribute some sort of scum read from it. The people who did this did it a bit later on in the game at pivotal moments (Mike in Eternia near the end of the day and same thing with #2). Doing so as their very first post into a very early Day 1 doesn't really mean anything.. and as Blink said should be read as NAI... at least that's what I think.

-vote naz

no reason to get defensive over it... especially since the people who even pushed you for it backed off for now.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

28. ISO #28

-vote Auckmid

This strategy has always came from scum. Even I did it once, and I was scum. It's quite easy to scumpaint people successfully when you have a full wall of text of everyone talking about themselves. There's always something you can say about it to make someone look scummy.
    Mr. Squishy, what is your take so far on what has come from the questions?

Do you feel like there's something to read from them?

29. ISO #29

Man... this game feels so dead it's eerie.

Maybe it's because it's only an 8 player game and it's weird times for people... but even Eternia felt more active than this does..

;/

Well... Guess I'll just wait for now.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

@AIVION All The Better To See Whats Going On In Town With..
    Yea?

You a peeping tom??

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Umm No..lol Great Image Tough.. U Know Michael J. Fox Hated The Back To The Future Movies.. Fun Fact 2 Of This Game..
    !!

I didn't know that... fun fact indeed. Makes me sad because the Back to the Future Movies were amazing... but fun fact nonetheless.

34. ISO #34

Well since nobody has said anything on it. This is pretty much a citizen claim since only they can be culted.
    @blinkskater Why did you feel like you had to claim this?

35. ISO #35

Well since nobody has said anything on it. This is pretty much a citizen claim since only they can be culted.

36. ISO #36

-vote Banshis

I don't like how you're asking this.... it almost feels like you WANT Blink to confirm his role to you...

Which I think is super scummy. In this save in particular too.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

I Now Think Aivion Is Cult
    Lol alright

39. ISO #39

I Now Think Aivion Is Cult
    I'm assuming you disagree with what I said in regards to Banshis's question towards Blink?

Wanna explain why?

40. ISO #40

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    I'm assuming you disagree with what I said in regards to Banshis's question towards Blink?

Wanna explain why?
    @Light_Yagami

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Thats Why And Ur Sudden Vote Upon Someone Basically Asking Why Someone Would Claim Cit In A Cult Save
    But Blink never outright CLAIMED Citizen.

You can't deny that.

It just seems like Banshis wants to confirm this fact or not, and I read it as scummy.

I wouldn't call that a "sudden" vote.

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    But Blink never outright CLAIMED Citizen.

You can't deny that.

It just seems like Banshis wants to confirm this fact or not, and I read it as scummy.

I wouldn't call that a "sudden" vote.
    Still Pretty Sudden.. Basically Banshis Was Just Asking Why.. To What Blink Had Stated.. Then You Just Vote Him Up All Nonchalant Like

44. ISO #44

Still Pretty Sudden.. Basically Banshis Was Just Asking Why.. To What Blink Had Stated.. Then You Just Vote Him Up All Nonchalant Like
    Lol alright. You obviously didn't read what he said in the same way that I did, and it seems like you refuse to even think on it yourself.

Keep being you, buddy...

45. ISO #45

LOL why would any town memeber mention my wifom via this particular post....

[/vote]banshis[/vote]

Wow just wow...

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

LOL why would any town memeber mention my wifom via this particular post....

[/vote]banshis[/vote]

Wow just wow...
    @Light_Yagami

See? Told you...

48. ISO #48

That post was extremely scummy . You don't look into soft claims of that nature when you are town. It makes no logical sense to even bring iy up with any town motiviation behind it. I think that could be the best scumslip we are going to get.

49. ISO #49

That post was extremely scummy . You don't look into soft claims of that nature when you are town. It makes no logical sense to even bring iy up with any town motiviation behind it. I think that could be the best scumslip we are going to get.
    I See Your Point Blink. And Now See Where Aivion Is Coming From..

50. ISO #50

I See Your Point Blink. And Now See Where Aivion Is Coming From..
    Nice. Now that you get the point... What is your thoughts on it?