FM Moving Forward - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Results 121 to 133 of 133
  1. #121

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    Do you want me to go and evaluate those setups to show you? I'm not saying neutrals don't win - I'm saying that their chance to win is very low based on the setup alone, ignoring meta, ignoring that a faction pretty much has to side with you against their win condition to make the other faction lose.
    I understand what you are getting at. They have a lower chance to win. Some players like that challange. I am one. If a setup does not have any neutrals in it I tend to skip them. The neutrals add flavor to a setup. They give a setup the dash of chaos. That is what makes the game fun. Yes you want balance. But to much balance makes the game boring. Why do you think people play crypts games so much? He adds that little chaos. Everyone tends to talk about it. I have enjoyed all the saves I have played in.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

    <a href=http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

  2. #122

  3. #123

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    How does majority lynch encourage bad play though? If anything I think it would encourage better play because you would have to persuade more than 50% of the people to follow you to get a lynch. Majority lynch usually you just kind of coast as long as your target is top voted. I just like it because it gets rid of the frustration of damn AFKs =(
    The problem is when someone goes AFK or because of timezones misses EOD voting and then a lynch target cannot be pushed through. This problem persists in part because some people sign for games they're not interested in and there is a lack of motivation. It also persists because life happens. Majority vote should be abolished a plurality voting should be the standard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Gonna disagree with Distorted strongly here and say hell yeah it does.
    @Yayap @Voss The games I've enjoyed most are the split plurality voting games, it definitely lessens the stress and frustration.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; January 26th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  4. #124

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Staff vs Community is something that sc2mafia, mod and forum, has always had an issue with. Old staff returning and so is the problem; so i would take a look at that. last 2 years the only problem we have had was PTB lol (which btw, is a former staff member)



    I disagree with it encouraging bad play, but I do agree with it being broken with AFK players. Maybe creating it mandatory lynch after D1 or something. however that still raises the issue that if a town or 2 is AFK then mafia controls the lynching power =\ AFKs make things tough lol This is more that a host needs to start USING a better system and spreading awareness to this better system to be adapted. right now we use majority lynch due to it being the popular system we are familiar with. rarely do we have an AFK ruin the lynch choice. but it does happen =\

    But, @Yayap you keep saying you dont like the setups. can u link me to an example of 2-3 of the setups ur playing at the other sites ur active at?

    I would kindly ask that you do not try to use me to frame some sort of argument. I've only had issues with you, blink, noc and galen. In all of those situations both sides were to blame for slinging mud at each other and causing drama. I have taken a step back to work on my own behavior and mental health, so I'd ask that you leave me out of your narrative.

    Also, I was staff, but I was completely different to this community prior to becoming staff. But some stuff happened on staff and in life and then I became toxic PTB. No one else's fault but mine. Because it's all how you deal with situations.


    Anyhow to sling shot this back to being relevant, instead of pivoting to the boogieman that is PTB, why not provide examples of how old staff is "the problem." I'd also argue that I was not the only problem in the last two years, that statement is plain false and disingenuous. There have been other issues. Also the lack of FM leadership is another problem.


    Again, please do not reference me as your arguments as I will not be here to defend myself.

    Thank you again. Hope everyone is well.


    I like this spirited debate on how to make FM better.



    Ciao.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; January 26th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  5. #125

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I would kindly ask that you do not try to use me to frame some sort of argument. I've only had issues with you, blink, noc and galen. In all of those situations both sides were to blame for slinging mud at each other and causing drama. I have taken a step back to work on my own behavior and mental health, so I'd ask that you leave me out of your narrative.

    Also, I was staff, but I was completely different to this community prior to becoming staff. But some stuff happened on staff and in life and then I became toxic PTB. No one else's fault but mine. Because it's all how you deal with situations.


    Anyhow to sling shot this back to being relevant, instead of pivoting to the boogieman that is PTB, why not provide examples of how old staff is "the problem." I'd also argue that I was not the only problem in the last two years, that statement is plain false and disingenuous. There have been other issues. Also the lack of FM leadership is another problem.


    Again, please do not reference me as your arguments as I will not be here to defend myself.

    Thank you again. Hope everyone is well.


    I like this spirited debate on how to make FM better.



    Ciao.
    I am impressed. Have to give this guy credit. Admitting ones own faults is a sign of growth. I respect you for that PTB.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

    <a href=http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

  6. #126

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    I will be looking to closing this thread if this thread devolves into how "old staff is the problem". Though I do encourage a new thread about it if people feel strongly about it.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  7. #127

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I would kindly ask that you do not try to use me to frame some sort of argument. I've only had issues with you, blink, noc and galen. In all of those situations both sides were to blame for slinging mud at each other and causing drama. I have taken a step back to work on my own behavior and mental health, so I'd ask that you leave me out of your narrative.

    Also, I was staff, but I was completely different to this community prior to becoming staff. But some stuff happened on staff and in life and then I became toxic PTB. No one else's fault but mine. Because it's all how you deal with situations.


    Anyhow to sling shot this back to being relevant, instead of pivoting to the boogieman that is PTB, why not provide examples of how old staff is "the problem." I'd also argue that I was not the only problem in the last two years, that statement is plain false and disingenuous. There have been other issues. Also the lack of FM leadership is another problem.


    Again, please do not reference me as your arguments as I will not be here to defend myself.

    Thank you again. Hope everyone is well.


    I like this spirited debate on how to make FM better.



    Ciao.
    If you are going to accept responsibility and actually put the effort in to try to deal with the toxic side of yourself, I will respect that. Issues in life arise and it becomes very easy to vent online. Regardless of any issues people have had, I hope you're making progress within yourself though. Everyone deserves to have a place of inner peace. What your own mind is capable of doing to yourself can be one of the toughest obstacles to deal with in life, but also the most enlightening. I hope you will be able to reach the latter, that is 1 goal we share.

    Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

  8. #128

  9. #129

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    dang let's keep this a little more constructive, please lol.
    This thread is my opinion of a perfect system, and asking for your opinions on the subject. don't shit on other people's opinions just because they are different from yours

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  10. #130

  11. #131

  12. #132

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Potential solutions to issues stated above:


    1. Some sort of voting / poll system I suggested in an earlier post to help make sure best set ups are run.

    2. Some sort of survey sent to community members on which type of set ups they would like to see. (i.e. vanilla, tpr overload, cult, games of chance, experimentals etc)

    3. Abolishing the ladder for monthly contests (best win as towny, best solo win, best scum win etc) These come with badges that stay on the user profile forever. Reads as follows: "best scum win March 2019" -- This could later turn into a competition later, perhaps a game of all best of winners for a "best overall players Summer 2019 tourney" single individual player voted MVP that game will be "best overall player 2019 or summer 2019 or something to that effect.
    -- This could apply to hosts as well. Best host awards could be given out by staff and community voting on the best host of the month. I think this drives up competition for people who want to host games to do the best they can.
    -- Perhaps a best set up of the month award too? Maybe I'm coming up with too many awards?

    Addendum to point 3: Could simply make it MVP badges for each game played. Then after a length of time, you could do an MVP game, where only the past MVPs could play. MVPs could be chosen by host or by fellow players. Reason for MVP could be any number of factors determined by staff, host, or fellow players in the match.

    Could have all the MVPs from a single month compete in a game and then MVP for "Month of April" or something could be determined.

    4. Limiting staff ability to:
    • see invisible users.
    • post after thread closes in FM section.
    • see IP address of users (for anon games)


    5. Less focus on "problems" and more focus on solutions. Identifying problems is only one stage of coming to solutions. The next stage is always brain storming ideas to solve the problem. Staff should be open to trying new things, and not dig their heads or feet into the sand and state "there are no problems." or stating nothing will work (point of clarity: this is not an accusation, merely a suggestion). Basically, I think the better way to say this is to have staff that are open to being flexible.

    6. Community cohesiveness. Stated previously there is an "us vs them schism" I think it would be fruitful for everyone to recognize that we are all members of this community, and everyone has a place here.



    And with that I leave you all to discuss.


    Take care of yourselves.

    I'll be back in a few months.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; January 26th, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  13. #133

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Potential solutions to issues stated above:


    1. Some sort of voting / poll system I suggested in an earlier post to help make sure best set ups are run.

    2. Some sort of survey sent to community members on which type of set ups they would like to see. (i.e. vanilla, tpr overload, cult, games of chance, experimentals etc)

    3. Abolishing the ladder for monthly contests (best win as towny, best solo win, best scum win etc) These come with badges that stay on the user profile forever. Reads as follows: "best scum win March 2019" -- This could later turn into a competition later, perhaps a game of all best of winners for a "best overall players Summer 2019 tourney" single individual player voted MVP that game will be "best overall player 2019 or summer 2019 or something to that effect.
    -- This could apply to hosts as well. Best host awards could be given out by staff and community voting on the best host of the month. I think this drives up competition for people who want to host games to do the best they can.
    -- Perhaps a best set up of the month award too? Maybe I'm coming up with too many awards?

    Addendum to point 3: Could simply make it MVP badges for each game played. Then after a length of time, you could do an MVP game, where only the past MVPs could play. MVPs could be chosen by host or by fellow players. Reason for MVP could be any number of factors determined by staff, host, or fellow players in the match.

    Could have all the MVPs from a single month compete in a game and then MVP for "Month of April" or something could be determined.

    4. Limiting staff ability to:
    • see invisible users.
    • post after thread closes in FM section.
    • see IP address of users (for anon games)


    5. Less focus on "problems" and more focus on solutions. Identifying problems is only one stage of coming to solutions. The next stage is always brain storming ideas to solve the problem. Staff should be open to trying new things, and not dig their heads or feet into the sand and state "there are no problems." or stating nothing will work (point of clarity: this is not an accusation, merely a suggestion). Basically, I think the better way to say this is to have staff that are open to being flexible.

    6. Community cohesiveness. Stated previously there is an "us vs them schism" I think it would be fruitful for everyone to recognize that we are all members of this community, and everyone has a place here.



    And with that I leave you all to discuss.


    Take care of yourselves.

    I'll be back in a few months.
    Surveys and awards just to play fm kinda seems like a bit much. Generally I also don't think the nature of the whole fm game can even encourage fully competitive play. It'd all feel forced to me and personally I'd be more reluctant when signing if there's so much fuzz about games.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •