FM Moving Forward - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    You just don't post. And some people who were very very done with spam clicking "sumbit reply" because of the post storms have turned the "Check for New Replies" setting off. The only persons who can do that are mods. Mods have the responsibility to check if the thread is closed or not once they posted; I do it everytime I post.

    Since only mods can do it, they can just delete it. There are two options: you either soft delete it and trust that other mods won't open it and cheat.... or you physically remove it, I guess. It's the same thing with the invis mode, though: mods can see people who are invis. It's your responsibility not to abuse your powers.


    That being said, that's a good thing to think about: in the FM section, remove the staff's ability to see invisible people, and to post in closed threads. Is this possible @Cryptonic ?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    “Alright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.”

  2. #42

  3. #43

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Cryptonic would know more about it than me, but maybe we should just not allow admins to disable "Check for New Replies".
    Please no. That's not an improvement, but a patch. I'm talking about improving the site by keeping staff ethics higher without even having to enforce anything. Only advantages, no disadvantages.

    Also, that would apply to all people who can post in closed threads, which means basically any staff, not only admins.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    “Alright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.”

  4. #44

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Surprised at the responses considering most of the people here have done it at least once. When it happens it’s an accident, not intentional. My point is - even if you realize right away and delete it fairly quickly - half the players already saw it because they were spam refreshing at EOD. It seems unfair to me that those who were there get to see the message and those who were not don’t.

    Yes, these posts are mistakes that we should try to avoid - but IMO that doesn’t mean they should be deleted when they DOOOOOOO happen which is literally at least once a game.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  5. #45

  6. #46

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    I don't necessarily agree about it being a patch, but I can see this devolving from the original point of the thread.

    ### something else more in line###

    Here's something new that kind of relates to what Yapyap said, and would get me to play more games here. It's not super refined, so don't shoot me for it.

    Have some sort of way for players that want to play here, but don't like something(s) about the current hosted setups. For example (albeit a poor one), in Yapyap's case, maybe somewhere for him/her to post: "Hey, I'd play a game on this site if we there was a max post count." Or (for me) a more personal example, "Id play games if they were anon and had more than 15 players". or "Id play if condorcet voting was used". Or "Id play if some x, y, z, mechanic is used."

    I don't have a lot of time in my day for forum mafia myself, but am willing to find the time to sacrifice mafia development if the game is like "15/10 I'd play". But I'd NEVER be a dick about it and post in anyone's signup threads: "Id play if roleblocked people dont get notified" or something.
    But who knows. Maybe there are hosts that don't care about certain site hosting metas and would be willing to experiment to get more interest... but dont know what those experimentations are.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  7. #47

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    I don't necessarily agree about it being a patch, but I can see this devolving from the original point of the thread.

    ### something else more in line###

    Here's something new that kind of relates to what Yapyap said, and would get me to play more games here. It's not super refined, so don't shoot me for it.

    Have some sort of way for players that want to play here, but don't like something(s) about the current hosted setups. For example (albeit a poor one), in Yapyap's case, maybe somewhere for him/her to post: "Hey, I'd play a game on this site if we there was a max post count." Or (for me) a more personal example, "Id play games if they were anon and had more than 15 players". or "Id play if condorcet voting was used". Or "Id play if some x, y, z, mechanic is used."

    I don't have a lot of time in my day for forum mafia myself, but am willing to find the time to sacrifice mafia development if the game is like "15/10 I'd play". But I'd NEVER be a dick about it and post in anyone's signup threads: "Id play if roleblocked people dont get notified" or something.
    But who knows. Maybe there are hosts that don't care about certain site hosting metas and would be willing to experiment to get more interest... but dont know what those experimentations are.
    True, it's getting away from the thread's point. But I think it might be worth making a new one for the matter, if people are interested in talking about it.

    ---------

    You can always suggest things to hosts! People underuse the setup workshop. The more you contribute to setups, the better they are, and the games are better because of it. That's part of the reasons for which I say that the Workshop is one of the site's greatest strenghts, if it's not the greatest, compared to other sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    “Alright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.”

  8. #48

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Concerning mod power problems, I'm quite sure this can all be resolved with proper settings in the admin cp. When I set my big fms up, I set the forums so that only the fmgm mod class could do anything moderator wise in it. If the current mods keep slippin, then maybe the fm section should disable their powers.

    As for seeing people online, this is a huge advantage to anyone who knows how to use it... Doesn't matter if you say it or not, you can't unsee what you see. I don't see any reason any mod needs to see who is invisible. Only the fm hosts need to know if you are lurking or afk. As for the rest of the site, seeing who is invisible is useless. I propose that power be eliminated all together/restricted to top admin.

    If things still can't be resolved, a possibility of making alts for mods for only when they need to use their powers can be done, eliminating all these accidents.

    Spoiler : :

  9. #49

  10. #50

    Re: FM Moving Forward

    Is it possible to add a poll on a save that someone posts in the Setups workshop. Just to see if people are interested in playing or not? It can be viewed by the person making the save and the FM staff to help gauge how players feel about it. Just an idea.
    Last edited by Mike; January 18th, 2019 at 01:38 PM. Reason: grammer correction
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

    <a href=http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •