S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread] - Page 16
Register

User Tag List

Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #751

2. ISO #752

Re: S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    This is the Werewolf ball, so, werewolves. DQ was the one to open up with mention of vampires. Burger King made a statement asking if DQ was a werewolf because he liked vampires so much. I countered with the observation that in typical folklore, vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies. Taco Bell was the one who said he overheard you and Popeyes arguing about a family curse.

I know nothing other than what I have observed from you all. I'm just here to enjoy the party. *sip*
    Mhmm... I wonder which party you want to enjoy, though. I have some suspicions on you, more gut than anything... but I suspect you.

3. ISO #753

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
    Wait wait wait why are we voting Wendys now????? I am getting all confused as fuck. Starbucks was the scummy one.
    Starbucks is aggressive.
    Wendy’s is active lurking sheep.

If Starbucks is scum his activity will hang himself. Wendy’s active lurking is harder.

4. ISO #754

5. ISO #755

6. ISO #756

7. ISO #757

8. ISO #758

9. ISO #759

10. ISO #760

11. ISO #761

12. ISO #762

Quote Originally Posted by Subway View Post
    No we aren't. Wendys is the counterwagon of Starbuck, and it got up instantly when Starbuck's train was starting to gain traction.
    Subway, i'd like to ask you to re-ass-ess my interactions with your husband. i'm town as fuck and just trying to get in on this 3-way

13. ISO #763

14. ISO #764

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
    You wanted no lych than Starbucks yet now you are ok with info lych WTF????
    What? Stop panicking and remember correctly. I was always against a Starbucks lynch and I was kinda against a Wendys lynch, still am but at this point it's too late to switch onto someone else. If it's between a lynch on Wendys or no lynch I'll almost always pick Wendys.

15. ISO #765

16. ISO #766

No we aren't. Wendys is the counterwagon of Starbuck, and it got up instantly when Starbuck's train was starting to gain traction.
    I noticed this, and almost unvoted. But I think we have more to gain at this point from observing how the train progresses than dissolving it, with only 8 minutes left.

17. ISO #767

18. ISO #768

19. ISO #769

20. ISO #770

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Johns View Post
    What? Stop panicking and remember correctly. I was always against a Starbucks lynch and I was kinda against a Wendys lynch, still am but at this point it's too late to switch onto someone else. If it's between a lynch on Wendys or no lynch I'll almost always pick Wendys.
    This. At this point if there are enough votes to muster for a Wendys lynch, especially given Wendys limited contribution and uncooperative nature (And blatant OMGUS against Popeyes, who started the train), this is our best bet for the day.

21. ISO #771

Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    This. At this point if there are enough votes to muster for a Wendys lynch, especially given Wendys limited contribution and uncooperative nature (And blatant OMGUS against Popeyes, who started the train), this is our best bet for the day.
    We need the information and if Wendys is town he better have left information in his last will.
    -vote wendys

22. ISO #772

Quote Originally Posted by Dairy Queen View Post
    @Subway If we can clear starbucks I think that can break the game, I think it's worth a shot and overall his activeness and bread crumbing deserves him a chance to see the dawn of tomorrow. I'd give my life for you Antonina you are my wife, my rock, my soul.
    .... Ok, I prefer a lynch on an inactive to a lynch on Starbucks, but I heavily distrust him.
    -vote Wendys

L-1

23. ISO #773

24. ISO #774

Night 1

The day has ended by lynch!
    Wendys has been lynched.
    Wendys' role was Sofija Blackmore.

Wendys left a last will:
    Spoiler : Wendys Lastwill :
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendys
    so my card suggests stuff around here got poisoned and shit. I was sent to check up etc etc.
    Scumreads rn are Starbucks, subway, dairy queen obviously.
    Maybe Popeyes too, idk.

Wendys (9 [L-0]): Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell (Performer), Dairy Queen, KFC, Popeyes, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Arbys
    Starbucks (1 [L-8]): Wendys

Living Players Graveyard
    @Dominos
    @Chipotle
    @KFC
    @Burger King
    @Pizza Hut
    @Dairy Queen
    @Chick-fil-A
    @Papa Johns
    @Subway
    @Jack in the Box
    @Starbucks
    @Popeyes
    @Taco Bell
    @McDonalds
    @Arbys
    @Wendys (Sofija Blackmore) - Lynched Day 1.

Night 1 will end in 24 hours, on December 28, @ 8:30 PM EST.

Night actions will only be accepted up until 1 hour before night ends!

Last edited by Cryptonic; December 27th, 2018 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

25. ISO #775

Day 2

Pizza Hut was killed last night.
    Pizza Hut's identity was Zayna Lu.
    Pizza Hut left as last will:
    Spoiler : Pizza Hut's Last will :
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Hut
    Why turbolynching is bad and why most of you are incompetent.

Random lynching is when someone is lynched for no real or specific reason. The general idea is that you can get lucky and hit scum due to pure luck, but that you are more likely to hit town due to them making up a greater portion of the player %. While this can still be better then no lynching in extremely vanilla setups where you aren't going to get much information, it is far from ideal, especially with setups with a larger number of TPRs where the margin for error for mislynching is thinner but more information will become available due to night actions. Crypt is the host, do you think this is a super vanilla setup?

The reason why lynches without "evidence" is often still beneficial to the town is the principle that it is possible to guide the lynches through logical arguments and deductive reasoning such that the odds of hitting an anti-town player are higher then what would be expected from a random lynch.

Turbolynching, in the manner that was seen yesterday, I am going to argue was worse then random lynching. The reason behind this is that due to the lack of opportunity given for the accused to defend themselves and, in a case such as what just occurred, the highly lackluster logic behind the lynch, the lynch train isn't any more likely to land on scum then it is on town. Additionally, due to the overall questionable nature of lynching under these circumstances, even if the lynch was actually directed towards a mafia member, it is super easy for other mafia members to either lurk or dig in their heels so that the lynch doesn’t go through… and they don’t even look scummy when doing so because of the overall dodgy nature of turbolynches.

For this reason, turbolynching is bad. Players who make bad plays are incompetent. If anyone feels like this is an unfair statement, feel free to voice your disagreement.

Now that is dealt with, who do I think is the best target going into day 2?

Papa Johns

I could post quite a few things as to why I find Papa John to be scummy, but the main reason I want a push on him is because he committed what I consider to be 2 of the cardinal sins of mafia.

1) Thou shalt not give controversial opinions on someone’s alignment and then proceed to give no explanation to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Johns
    I believe that Starbucks vs Dairy Queen is a TvT matchup at the moment despite the way they seem to accuse eachother. I believe atleast one party has views that are actually different from the surface views that they are offering up. I will not be pursuing either of those today.
    This is a fairly straightforward one, even though I've seen it occur an alarming amount in recent games with no one calling it out. The idea is that mafia members want to make themselves appear pro-town by giving reads on people, but don’t actually follow it up with any arguments to support their position beyond anything extremely vague. The reason this is scummy is that the entire point of giving reads is to try and sway people to your viewpoint so that town makes a better decision with their lynch target. By omitting any logic or justification behind your belief, no one is going to actually be swayed to your position, making the only actual function being to create the appearance of being pro-town.

Also, to clarify, the “controversial” caveat was included in this statement because this behaviour isn’t that different from sheeping, where players follow popular opinion without giving a justification as to why they are following it. While sheeping certainly isn’t pro-town behaviour, it is fairly common for less experienced town players to just follow the opinions of more dominant players without giving it much thought or justification. The belief that Starbucks and Dairy Queen are both town is not popular opinion, making in an independent opinion and not sheeping. However, despite going against the grain with this statement, zero effort is made to make this a popular opinion. This loops back explanation given above. No effort to sway anyone’s opinion, just an attempt to appear pro-town.

2) Thou shalt not support a lynch train that thou does not believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Johns
    I'm okay with sheeping Wendys even if I don't personally believe in it. Maybe it's about time to reveal some info though, Wendys? It might be your last chance.
    This is a very important one. Whenever a lynch on a non-mafia player is about to occur, members of the mafia know that it will likely end up being a mislynch. Mislynches are beneficial to the mafia and something that they want to occur. However, they are simultaneously presented with the quandary that actively supporting the train will make them appear scummy if the person flips town, which they know is very likely. As such, it is not uncommon for paradoxical behaviour to occur where the player simultaneously supports the lynch train while also trying to give themselves some distance by voicing meek opposition.

This is a juicy example of such behaviour.

Additionally, once again, no justification is given for this belief. No attempt was made to sway peoples opinions to align with his own (even though his own opinion were extremely vague. Are you trying to get people to support the train? Again, paradoxical behaviour). The only point of voicing mild opposition is to have a superficial pro-town visage AFTER the lynch.

If members of the town think that the logic in this analysis is flawed, feel to free to voice your opposition. I do not know for 100% certain that Papa Johns is scum, and his responses could potentially lead to a change in opinion. However, I will flame town hard in the post-game if no follow up is made with this.

Then some questions for Papa Johns:
    -Why do you think that Starbucks and Dairy Queen are town?
    -Why did you not decide to give the above rationale earlier?
    -Was the lynch on Wendy something that you wanted to happen?
    -If the answer to the above question is no, why did you make no effort to not lynch or guide the lynch towards someone else?
    -Why did you not believe in the train on Wendy?

Above is the main takeaway I want people to have from my last will. However, I will still go ahead and mention a few other people who are also on my radar:

Chick-fil-A: Seems to be very openly hinting towards having a TPR power. Reminder: TPRs generally don’t want scum to know that they are TPR, but scum are fine with people thinking they are TPR since it makes them appear town aligned. Additionally, when giving a list of potential lynch targets, he only listed lurkers and gave a bullshit reason for not going after any of the active players, showing an unwillingness to actually scumhunt. Also showed wishy-washy behaviour towards RP hunting (I do hate paradoxes). Also, most of my posts from the day were directed towards him, so my death could be a result of this.

Chipotle:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipotle
    RP aside, I see no reason why we should not be sharing our names at the moment. Refusal to do so is absolutely anti town. More information never hurts town.
    No one has any issues with this? Does this guy think that revealing TPRs is a good thing? Is he just saying something that he thinks seems pro-town, so doesn’t put any thought into what he is actually saying? Is he scum who knows more then the town about the importance of RP? He made this post immediately after his first one, which meant that he had only just begun showing activity. Therefore, there is a high chance he hadn’t really read through the entire thread, and making a statement like this before having a thorough read points to this statement being based off of information outside of the thread, meaning he knows more then the average town member.

Please don’t forget through all of this: Scum will always know more then the average town.

Subway: Had some of the same nonsense going on with him as with Chick-fil-A where he seems fine leading people to believe he is TPR. Hard making much of him. Defense against any of the pressure on him was also utter nonsense. Not convinced he is scum, but definitely someone to continue watching.

Papa John was also killed last night.
    Papa John's identity was Kobe Woolley.
    Papa John left a last will:
    Spoiler : Papa John's Last Will :
    My name is Kobe Woolley. I'm a Sheriff.

My RP is boring in that it says I get invited to every ball and it's always exciting but best thing for me would be a good murder mystery as I'm the Sheriff. Fairly boring stuff.

I feel like DQ is trustworthy and KFC isn't doing too shabby either. Arby's had some nice contributions. On the fence about Starbucks but I think their aggressive playstyle is fairly pro-town.

Living Players Graveyard
    @Dominos
    @Chipotle
    @KFC
    @Burger King
    @Dairy Queen
    @Chick-fil-A
    @Subway
    @Jack in the Box
    @Starbucks
    @Popeyes
    @Taco Bell
    @McDonalds
    @Arbys
    @Wendys (Sofija Blackmore) - Lynched Day 1.
    @Pizza Hut (Zayna Lu) - Killed Night 1.
    @Papa Johns (Kobe Woolley) - Killed Night 1.

The Hostess has an announcement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostess
    Hey, this is I, Antonina Wagstaff. So, first of all, my last post was not written correctly, I meant to say that I prefer a lynch on Starbucks, then a lynch on an inactive, then a no lynch. The counterwagon was, oh! surprise, TOWN. Starbucks is a fucking scum. Don't forget to leave your last wills with detailed info, not the kind of shit Wendys did (No offense <3). I think that my husband is trustable, and advise to keep an eye on KFC.
    The poisoned food information also fits with the Starbucks being scum theory, so I'd get to it right now if I were you...
    Last thing: this is my night ability, and I don't think it's a very helpful one for scums so if you needed more things to know that I'm town... Here ya go.
    With 13 Players alive, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Day 2 will end in 48 hours, on December 30, @ 8:30 PM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

26. ISO #776

27. ISO #777

28. ISO #778

29. ISO #779

@Subway If we can clear starbucks I think that can break the game, I think it's worth a shot and overall his activeness and bread crumbing deserves him a chance to see the dawn of tomorrow. I'd give my life for you Antonina you are my wife, my rock, my soul.
    How in the world can we clean starbucks, and not someone else...? Is there something you're not telling us?

30. ISO #780

31. ISO #781

32. ISO #782

33. ISO #783

34. ISO #784

35. ISO #785

36. ISO #786

Quote Originally Posted by Chick-fil-A View Post
    We know there are at least 2 opposing factions: Purple and pink.
    Indeed. Also, don't you find weird that Starbucks said he had an option to go killer, and one to not be a killer, and he picked the non-killer? Because 3 kills in a night wouldn't be very balanced, given that this is hidden game with anon accounts... and Crypt makes balanced games.

Back into the roleplay. Who was Simon or whatever, the cook guy? He needs to be questioned.

37. ISO #787

38. ISO #788

39. ISO #789

I have reason to believe this is correct
    -vote starbucks
    My night action is accounted for.

I almost sent it to you but it would be redundant given what i think you are.

For the record i wont be role claiming before tomorrow under any circumstance, but if youd like to take the Criers opion feel free

40. ISO #790

41. ISO #791

Dominos - Unknown name -

Chipotle - Bobbi Thorne - Claims Citizen, rp of an important family?, Antonina is mentioned in his RP

KFC - Unknown name - Has RP about McDonalds

Burger King -Unknown name-

Pizza Hut -Unknown name-

Dairy Queen - Julien Wagstaff - Is the organizer of this ball. Claims he doesn't remember why or what he's doing here. Seems to be highly interested in women (says that his heart yearns...).

Chick-fil-A - Miriam Stark - CHECK THE LW.

Papa Johns - Milford Pusser -

Subway - Antonina Wagstaff - Julien Wagstaff's wife. Claims he has hired other women instead of Antonina to organize the ball and she invited the ICU Detective Company to investigate his husband. I appear to be the one chosen for this task.

Wendys - Sofija Blackmore - Apparently he's someone that was sent to investigate information regarding "stuff around here being poisoned". He checked with the local farmers (?).

Jack in the Box - Unknown name -

Starbucks - Initials: JR - Claims he has an important role - Claims that his RP is related to Popeyes'. In fact, he works for him.

Popeyes - Jonah Simon - Claims he's here to provide quality cuisine for the ball and that he's confident the ball will be a success.

Taco Bell - Libby Lewis - Is the Performer. His RP mentions Julien Wagstaff, "Ms. Wagstaff" (may be Antonina or not) and Jonah Simon. The first is seen on the lawn. The two last people are apparently arguing about a "family curse" (Wagstaff).

McDonalds - John-Paul Beattie - Has the ability to "interrogate people". Does not prevent from talking in different night chats, provide night inmunity or roleblock. He interrogated Chick-fil-A (me) N1. - Claims he won a ticket for the ball in a bank. KFC seems to be able to confirm this.

Arbys - Unknown name -

This was a part of my LW that had all relevant information in 1 spoiler.

42. ISO #792

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
    My night action is accounted for.

I almost sent it to you but it would be redundant given what i think you are.

For the record i wont be role claiming before tomorrow under any circumstance, but if youd like to take the Criers opion feel free
    Thank you
    -vote unvote[starbucks

43. ISO #793

Indeed. Also, don't you find weird that Starbucks said he had an option to go killer, and one to not be a killer, and he picked the non-killer? Because 3 kills in a night wouldn't be very balanced, given that this is hidden game with anon accounts... and Crypt makes balanced games.

Back into the roleplay. Who was Simon or whatever, the cook guy? He needs to be questioned.
    I believe my boss is a bad guy.

My selection will make sense, if i live to day 3 to make the statement

44. ISO #794

45. ISO #795

Chick I asked you to check me last night So I can be confirmed. What did you find out.

46. ISO #796

47. ISO #797

Quote Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
    i was in a private chat with chick-fil-a last night and he claimed to not be town. might be worth looking into.

Why would he reveal that to an inactive guy? @Chick-fil-A do you confirm this? If so, what are you and what are your deeds??? I can't even trust my detective?!

48. ISO #798

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
    I believe my boss is a bad guy.

My selection will make sense, if i live to day 3 to make the statement
    Considering Wendys' last statements that would be an acceptable assumption. There's something fishy going on with the food, and I wonder if you our Popeyes are evil.

49. ISO #799

50. ISO #800