S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread] - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by McDonalds View Post
    Hello, i won a ticket to this ball at my local bank Looking forward to getting to know you all. Also, what is this vote counter for? Are we voting for the best costumes?
    This is a cannibalistic ball, didn't you know? The one with most votes gets sacrificed and eaten by the rest. I find it extremely hot.

2. ISO #302

Quote Originally Posted by Chick-fil-A View Post
    This is a cannibalistic ball, didn't you know? The one with most votes gets sacrificed and eaten by the rest. I find it extremely hot.
    ah, i see... contestants will be removed from the area and replaced with a fine meal. I love these kind of games! Makes me wonder what reward the winner is going to get.

3. ISO #303

Okay, so I am having a very hard time making anything of this thread...

The dominant topic throughout the day has been around character name/RP and arguments about whether everyone should reveal this information about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
    RP aside, I see no reason why we should not be sharing our names at the moment. Refusal to do so is absolutely anti town. More information never hurts town.
    This is just a recent prominent example, but this sentiment has been followed by a lot of players throughout the recent part of the thread. While it is absolutely possible that RP may end up being beneficial to the town, the general point that Starbucks brought up earlier is an important one, which is that RP information may also end up benefiting scum. Unless anyone has any information that disproves this idea, no town member can make the absolute statement that revealing personal information will end up benefiting the majority.

Also, a couple of other things;

@Subway

Quote Originally Posted by Subway (in response to Taco Bell)
    Scumreading me makes no sense, just saying lol
    Are you saying with this statement that due to the high likelihood of people with special win cons that trying to find scum using the traditional methods serves no purpose, or that you are so pro-town that anyone reading you as scum makes no sense?

@Chick-fil-A

At the beginning of the day, you seemed quite taken aback when Dairy Queen revealed his RP name and seemed to be suggesting that it was a hasty decision...

You're very quick to reveal your role name. They may have some uses you are not aware of.
    However, later on, your attitude toward RP revealing seemed to change significantly so that you seemed far more in favor of it...

If your RP is not important you could just tell us and see if we actually can put it into use.
    Is there anything that triggered this change of heart, or do you think that it is unfair to suggest that this in a flip in attitude?

Lastly, there is virtually no chance that there will be a lynch within 12 hours, seeing how no lynch trains have even started at this point. Even if one did start gaining some momentum, there isn't enough time to effectively analyze the responses of the person being trained. Therefore...

-unvote

4. ISO #304

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Hut View Post
    Okay, so I am having a very hard time making anything of this thread...

The dominant topic throughout the day has been around character name/RP and arguments about whether everyone should reveal this information about themselves.

This is just a recent prominent example, but this sentiment has been followed by a lot of players throughout the recent part of the thread. While it is absolutely possible that RP may end up being beneficial to the town, the general point that Starbucks brought up earlier is an important one, which is that RP information may also end up benefiting scum. Unless anyone has any information that disproves this idea, no town member can make the absolute statement that revealing personal information will end up benefiting the majority.

Also, a couple of other things;

@Subway

Are you saying with this statement that due to the high likelihood of people with special win cons that trying to find scum using the traditional methods serves no purpose, or that you are so pro-town that anyone reading you as scum makes no sense?

@Chick-fil-A

At the beginning of the day, you seemed quite taken aback when Dairy Queen revealed his RP name and seemed to be suggesting that it was a hasty decision...

However, later on, your attitude toward RP revealing seemed to change significantly so that you seemed far more in favor of it...

Is there anything that triggered this change of heart, or do you think that it is unfair to suggest that this in a flip in attitude?

Lastly, there is virtually no chance that there will be a lynch within 12 hours, seeing how no lynch trains have even started at this point. Even if one did start gaining some momentum, there isn't enough time to effectively analyze the responses of the person being trained. Therefore...

-unvote
    I was quite surprised because names are important for me but he literally revealed himself in his first post.

However, in the second post I don't talk about revealing names but your RP background. Which is different in some way so I don't think you really can compare those two things.

Also, don't underestimate the power of turbo-lynching

5. ISO #305

6. ISO #306

Spoiler : Chick-fil-A :
    I was quite surprised because names are important for me but he literally revealed himself in his first post.

However, in the second post I don't talk about revealing names but your RP background. Which is different in some way so I don't think you really can compare those two things.

The main reason we're not revealing background and names that easy (at least for me) is that there may be people interested on us.

Which could be good... or bad.
    You're very quick to reveal your role name. They may have some uses you are not aware of.
    Okay... Julien Wagstaff, tell me about yourself and maybe I'll consider revealing you my name.
    Roles are unique. Our names are our roles. Is that enough? Also, in S-FM Chicago names were quite relevant.
    Why should I "come" for you?

You obviously forged a role background, there's nothing else to say. It's clear that you're hiding something. However, I won't talk more about this if you don't wish so. Cause I'm a bright Star.
    I see... I'm also interested on you as well. I just hope this doesn't prove to be a toxic relationship... where I end dead.

Your werewolf avatar doesn't help as well.
    Maybe for you. Some roles may interact with other roles... where names are really important. Or you may have some information about a certain name, etc.

The main reason we're not revealing background and names that easy (at least for me) is that there may be people interested on us.

Which could be good... or bad.
    Okay... Julien Wagstaff, tell me about yourself and maybe I'll consider revealing you my name.
    Roles are unique. Our names are our roles. Is that enough? Also, in S-FM Chicago names were quite relevant.
    Why should I "come" for you?

You obviously forged a role background, there's nothing else to say. It's clear that you're hiding something. However, I won't talk more about this if you don't wish so. Cause I'm a bright Star.
    I see... I'm also interested on you as well. I just hope this doesn't prove to be a toxic relationship... where I end dead.

Your werewolf avatar doesn't help as well.
    Interesting suggestion Subway.

I recommend everyone to explain WHAT are they doing in the ball. You know, so we get to know each other. ;)
    Didn't you say you were an important role and your death was of no interest to anyone?

Huh

Chick-fil-A is obviously information hoarding. This syntax reads like open wolfing and TPR hunting. These posts I have quoted also read like Chick-fil-A is playing the middle ground. Also note that Chick-fil-A did not follow through with their promise of revealing more info about themselves once Dairy Queen did the same.

7. ISO #307

Quote Originally Posted by Popeyes View Post

Chick-fil-A is obviously information hoarding. This syntax reads like open wolfing and TPR hunting. These posts I have quoted also read like Chick-fil-A is playing the middle ground. Also note that Chick-fil-A did not follow through with their promise of revealing more info about themselves once Dairy Queen did the same.
    I believe everyone is keeping information to themselves. Also, Dairy Queen did not reveal good and nice information as I expected so I decided not to as well. Anyway, if I had to share information with anyone it would be DQ and only DQ. Sad thing I can't generate a private chat.

8. ISO #308

9. ISO #309

I believe everyone is keeping information to themselves. Also, Dairy Queen did not reveal good and nice information as I expected so I decided not to as well. Anyway, if I had to share information with anyone it would be DQ and only DQ. Sad thing I can't generate a private chat.
    You never specified wanting "Good and Nice information". Additionally when you got the additional information you didn't express disappointment or approval and you certainly didn't prompt Dairy Queen for anything more.
    What is your response to the second half of my post where I called you an open wolf and someone who TPR hunts?

10. ISO #310

You never specified wanting "Good and Nice information". Additionally when you got the additional information you didn't express disappointment or approval and you certainly didn't prompt Dairy Queen for anything more.
    What is your response to the second half of my post where I called you an open wolf and someone who TPR hunts?
    Well, I believe its implicit that I want acceptable information and not utter shit. I didn't prompt DQ for more because I don't think he'll say more that what he's already said.

I don't consider me an open wolf nor TPT hunter. I'm more of a role hunter

11. ISO #311

Well, I believe its implicit that I want acceptable information and not utter shit. I didn't prompt DQ for more because I don't think he'll say more that what he's already said.

I will note this as agreement that you are TPR hunting.

12. ISO #312

13. ISO #313

14. ISO #314

15. ISO #315

16. ISO #316

I believe that Starbucks vs Dairy Queen is a TvT matchup at the moment despite the way they seem to accuse eachother. I believe atleast one party has views that are actually different from the surface views that they are offering up. I will not be pursuing either of those today.

Who I do find a bit suspicious is Chipotle who readily hardclaimed citizen, or so he says. We'll see about the honesty of his claim at a later date but currently this is a little bit of an anti-town move in my books.

Regarding the RP and name reveals I see arguments for both sides. I believe in many cases the specific RP is less important than the names but in those other cases it'll be even more revealing than the name could ever be, revealing this readily might be heavily anti-town. This I say while thinking back to how Cryptonic's last setup went down.

Thus I'm choosing to reveal my name atleast. Milford Pusser, pleased to make your acquaintance.

17. ISO #317

You're right about that.

I do want to state that I don't think you are what we would call TPR hunting in this thread. Your choice wording on the matter is understandable and I'm vaguely intrigued.

Role hunter.

Lore hunter**
    LOL

18. ISO #318

Excuse me, what? There's a far cry between "I think this guy is acting scummy" and "This guy is literally openly a scum, acting obviously as a scum with no intent to hide". Open wolfing is more what Starbucks believed DQ was doing at the start. It takes an absurd amount of scum painting to try and apply that to Chick-fil-a's posts so far.

19. ISO #319

I agree with your progression here with CFA about how he seem's to be playing the middle ground. I believe I even mentioned something like that earlier with similar words. How ever I disagree with you on the syntax, I don't find it to be open wolfing because it seems there's more substance to his words then what appears on the outside.

20. ISO #320

Quote Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
    Oh my, look at this motley, dirty crew.
    Is this a ball or a farm?
    Euugh, these decorations are drab...

Oh my god, how times have changed
    This girl must be blind or completely deranged
    But I suppose no one can party
    Much like me: Bobbi Thorne!

You converse, but that’s just a jest
    As when this ball is put to the test
    It will surely fail because
    I didn’t make it. Bobbi Thorne!

Poor Antonia didn’t prepare for judges
    I hope this goes well or she’ll be down with the drudges
    This “dingy” theme must have put her in a trance
    Not a chance
    My dear these curtains you’ve draped on the wall
    Look like with the wind they are going to fall
    Is this a plate or a ball?
    You need help from me: Bobbi Thorne!

Do you fools really think this ball is cool?
    I have no info on Bobbi Thorne

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Johns View Post
    I believe that Starbucks vs Dairy Queen is a TvT matchup at the moment despite the way they seem to accuse eachother. I believe atleast one party has views that are actually different from the surface views that they are offering up. I will not be pursuing either of those today.

Who I do find a bit suspicious is Chipotle who readily hardclaimed citizen, or so he says. We'll see about the honesty of his claim at a later date but currently this is a little bit of an anti-town move in my books.

Regarding the RP and name reveals I see arguments for both sides. I believe in many cases the specific RP is less important than the names but in those other cases it'll be even more revealing than the name could ever be, revealing this readily might be heavily anti-town. This I say while thinking back to how Cryptonic's last setup went down.

Thus I'm choosing to reveal my name atleast. Milford Pusser, pleased to make your acquaintance.
    I have no info on Milford Pusser

21. ISO #321

22. ISO #322

23. ISO #323

Nice you meet you Mr. Pusser. I can think of a few possible reasons from a town perspective that would coordinate with Starbucks' actions. However I find them to be highly selfish and ANTI town in an overall mindset, which leads me to believe there were better ways to go about his "gambit" if he is actually town. Although if his reasoning , if he ever actually explains it aligns with what I'm currently thinking then I actually would be more inclined to town read him, but I don't think he'll ever explain.

24. ISO #324

Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    Excuse me, what? There's a far cry between "I think this guy is acting scummy" and "This guy is literally openly a scum, acting obviously as a scum with no intent to hide". Open wolfing is more what Starbucks believed DQ was doing at the start. It takes an absurd amount of scum painting to try and apply that to Chick-fil-a's posts so far.
    Rolehunting = TPR hunting.
    TPR hunting = open wolf
    Wolf has more benefit to “role hunt” than villager
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairy Queen View Post
    I agree with your progression here with CFA about how he seem's to be playing the middle ground. I believe I even mentioned something like that earlier with similar words. How ever I disagree with you on the syntax, I don't find it to be open wolfing because it seems there's more substance to his words then what appears on the outside.
    More substance != villager syntax.
    I am willing to listen to arguments against my POV so if you want to play devils advocate please proceed

25. ISO #325

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
    No just a few names Just people i saw when I came to this ball. My be info just for RP. It is in RP format.
    I don't recall you properly introducing yourself, but you are fast to divulge information on other guests.

Ms. Throne and Mr. Pusser, you don't know of them OK, that's fine and dandy, but you seem to know who I am, and what you've said coexists with what I know so you seem to be telling the truth about what you know of me. It would be a curious thing to find out If you ring any bells in my head.

26. ISO #326

Nice you meet you Mr. Pusser. I can think of a few possible reasons from a town perspective that would coordinate with Starbucks' actions. However I find them to be highly selfish and ANTI town in an overall mindset, which leads me to believe there were better ways to go about his "gambit" if he is actually town. Although if his reasoning , if he ever actually explains it aligns with what I'm currently thinking then I actually would be more inclined to town read him, but I don't think he'll ever explain.
    I still do not see why everyone town reads Starbucks. Dude is scummy. He comes in very disrupting. Attacking in a way that feels TPR hunting. Yet adds a few flavor posts to make people read him as town. I do not trust Subway at all.

27. ISO #327

No just a few names Just people i saw when I came to this ball. My be info just for RP. It is in RP format.
    Ah, interesting. With you yourself being the performer who was here when day started, it would seem your info would be mostly about people who were here before the ball officially started...

It would be an intriguing line of questioning to see the lore behind why those people were here. Would you care to share what type of RP info you have about others, without revealing actual names?

TPR hunting = open wolf

I am willing to listen to arguments against my POV so if you want to play devils advocate please proceed
    While I do believe "role hunting" was meant more as "role at this party/lore for being here", I do concede that the information could be used for TPR hunting as well as scumhunting. I'm only disagreeing with the use of the term "open wolf" as it, to my understanding, basically means someone who has openly declared themselves scum while still playing to their win condition. Perhaps I'm wrong here, and "open wolf" is merely supposed to mean "Oh I think this action here is REALLY scummy". Please clarify the syntax for me so I can better understand your arguments.

28. ISO #328

I don't recall you properly introducing yourself, but you are fast to divulge information on other guests.

Ms. Throne and Mr. Pusser, you don't know of them OK, that's fine and dandy, but you seem to know who I am, and what you've said coexists with what I know so you seem to be telling the truth about what you know of me. It would be a curious thing to find out If you ring any bells in my head.
    OOG Crypt why did you make me a Chick ??? LOL

ok in game

Name is Libby Lewis

29. ISO #329

TPR hunting = open wolf

Well, even at face value I don't find it to be TPR hunting because he's taking valuable names and valuable role play into consideration to try and solve the game, wolfs don't need to try and solve the game villagers do. His "middle ground" is what strikes me as odd but I can see town sided gambits there. Of course there could be scum sided ones also but that's not what i'm getting from him ATM.

30. ISO #330

Of course there are a few things he could say while explaining his actions that'd easily put him on my figurative shit-list but the way I'm reading into this it's enough to make me call you both town for now. I understand how he read a NE into your slot but I'm also seeing something else beyond this in your interactions as well as the things you've said so far afterwards that makes me currently think neither of you is scum.

31. ISO #331

I still do not see why everyone town reads Starbucks. Dude is scummy. He comes in very disrupting. Attacking in a way that feels TPR hunting. Yet adds a few flavor posts to make people read him as town. I do not trust Subway at all.
    You quickly sheeped subways vote on me earlier, what changed with your progressions on him to not trust him??

32. ISO #332

Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    Ah, interesting. With you yourself being the performer who was here when day started, it would seem your info would be mostly about people who were here before the ball officially started...

It would be an intriguing line of questioning to see the lore behind why those people were here. Would you care to share what type of RP info you have about others, without revealing actual names?

While I do believe "role hunting" was meant more as "role at this party/lore for being here", I do concede that the information could be used for TPR hunting as well as scumhunting. I'm only disagreeing with the use of the term "open wolf" as it, to my understanding, basically means someone who has openly declared themselves scum while still playing to their win condition. Perhaps I'm wrong here, and "open wolf" is merely supposed to mean "Oh I think this action here is REALLY scummy". Please clarify the syntax for me so I can better understand your arguments.
    No, I do not believe that would help town, as it would allow scum to use that information for cover. It is best if people give out info so I can confirm or deny it. I believe this is why I am mayor with only 1 vote. My power is info not votes.

33. ISO #333

34. ISO #334

35. ISO #335

Well, even at face value I don't find it to be TPR hunting because he's taking valuable names and valuable role play into consideration to try and solve the game, wolfs don't need to try and solve the game villagers do. His "middle ground" is what strikes me as odd but I can see town sided gambits there. Of course there could be scum sided ones also but that's not what i'm getting from him ATM.
    Town can't solve the game the same way scum can though. There'll always be a lot more uncertainty when town tries their hand and at the same time scum gets all the tools to peg the TPRs and remove important threats. Trying to solve the game like that is heavily anti-town. Just saying that's possible, not necessarily that this is what Chick-fil-A was doing.

36. ISO #336

He wasn't being disrupting, he was being aggressive for the sake of being able to pressure, something you seemingly don't know how to do as someone else pointed out earlier as well. Wasn't that Starbucks even?

37. ISO #337

Also you meant to say Starbucks at the end instead of Subway, right?

38. ISO #338

You quickly sheeped subways vote on me earlier, what changed with your progressions on him to not trust him??
    Quiclky sheeped? Go back and read post and time stamps, Before you embarrass yourself with that statement. Also I have not once changed my view on him.

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340

Town can't solve the game the same way scum can though. There'll always be a lot more uncertainty when town tries their hand and at the same time scum gets all the tools to peg the TPRs and remove important threats. Trying to solve the game like that is heavily anti-town. Just saying that's possible, not necessarily that this is what Chick-fil-A was doing.
    Your thought process seems genuine, and you are trying to push us in the direction of critical thinking.

Here's a beer, let us dance.

41. ISO #341

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

44. ISO #344

45. ISO #345

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

I was thinking you talking about Starbucks.
    Oh, then disregard that post, because I was talking about Starbucks because of ...

48. ISO #348

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350