S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread] - Page 173
Register

User Tag List

Page 173 of 178 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 3555

Re: S-FM The Werewolf Ball [Game Thread]

Night 4

The day has ended by lynch!
    Popeyes has been lynched.
    Popeyes' role was Jonah Simon.

Popeyes left a last will:
    Spoiler : Popeyes' Last Will :
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeyes
    Dominos does have a lot of very good posts with clear logical processes. They have been playing a Game with Starbucks and Dairy Queen during that day that seems a little to brazen to be scum motivated but I want to list it because I disagree with utilizing these underhand actions as town members. Call me bad but there is a sense of underlying motives in the posts that Doninos makes. If you go back and read the dude, he is always playing underfoot. Its kinda like KFC does but Dominos doesnt seem to be interested in solving the game. I consider that kinda scummy? Maube im just bad

Jack In the Box seems to have no interest in the game/No free time to play it. Typically the scum players have a higher level of investment in the game. Did they even log on day two?

Can I go back to scum reading Dairy Queen? Because it looks like DQ has just started copying what Starbucks has been doing.
    http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...l=1#post786052
    This post is interesting to me because:
    witching KFC, who was a strong town read and played back in day one can relay that the witching target was likely not chosen at random. Word choice at Witch not being invested enough to cause damage is a really interesting choice of words. That conveys the implication that DQ knows what the witches intentions are. Definitely needs explanation here. Plus the vote patterns are straight up trash. Additionally i dont know what this post was intended to do if DQ was townreading Starbucks:
    http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...046#post786046

Reads currently:?
    Town:

Burger King
    Arbys
    subway
    KFC
    Mcdonalds
    Taco Bell

Jack in the Box/Taco Bell
    Dominos
    Dairy Queen

Dead:
    Wendys
    Pizza hut
    Papa John
    popeyes
    Chipotle
    Starbucks
    ChickfilA

This game has been a very interesting ride. During the last day I had myself backed into a corner so hard. Lynching two townies back to back wasn't doing me any favours.
    And apparently its very scummy for me to town read the players who flipped town. I guess I didn't contribute enough? Maybe it was because I was soooooooo all over the place. I should clean that up for next game, Don't use daychat as a sounding board for ideas that come into my head hmm? Less posting with more context in each post?

Oh man @Taco Bell how hard you make it to town read you and want to engage you in conversation. I never saw you as scum because of how incredibly inconsistent you were and how much babyrage you had at me that last day.

So I was wondering if I should pin Dominos to me during the last day? But I figured that... Jack in the Box being so AFK was just so much of a hazard to try and read.. AFK players grind my gears, the posts he had made on day one didnt read super bad. He just wasn't really here ever. Sad day. So tying jackinthebox to me and then getting flipped town. Dunno what that would do for yall but lets try and focus on @Dominos and @Dairy Queen hm?

Oh I also really want Subway and Dairy queen to wind up being the two scums cause RPwise that is dope.

Sorry @Cryptonic for not playing the best game I could do.. everyone has games that are bad
    @Slaol knows that for certain huh ;)

and this was clearly mine. RIP.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I have already given the rolecard info I have but for ease of access:

Jonah Simon
    Own Simon Fine Food
    Hired to cater Werewolf Ball
    Known for classic French cuisine that will mesmerize guests

I know I will have a blast.
    No night action no attribute

Popeyes (5 [L-0]): Taco Bell (Mayor), Jack in the Box, Subway, KFC, Dominos
    Dominos (3 [L-2]): Burger King, Popeyes, Arbys

Living Players Graveyard
    @Dominos
    @KFC
    @Burger King
    @Subway
    @Jack in the Box
    @Taco Bell
    @Arbys
    @Wendys (Sofija Blackmore) - Lynched Day 1.
    @Pizza Hut (Zayna Lu) - Killed Night 1.
    @Papa Johns (Kobe Woolley) - Killed Night 1.
    @Chipotle (Bobbi Thorne) - Lynched Day 2.
    @Starbucks (Javier Robles) - Killed Night 2.
    @Chick-fil-A (Miriam Stark) - Killed Night 2.
    @Dairy Queen (Julien Wagstaff) - Lynched Day 3.
    @McDonalds (John-Paul Beattie) - Killed Night 3.
    @Popeyes (Jonah Simon) - Lynched Day 4.

Night 4 will end in 24 hours, on January 6, @ 12:30 PM EST.

Night actions are required to be in at least 1 hour before night ends.

Last edited by Cryptonic; January 5th, 2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

Night actions are locked in. Game is over, Coven of Eternal Night has won.

I'll write up my thoughts, etc, and open up the setup living players today.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

Game Over

Living Players Graveyard
    @Dominos
    @KFC
    @Burger King
    @Jack in the Box
    @Taco Bell
    @Arbys
    @Wendys (Sofija Blackmore) - Lynched Day 1.
    @Pizza Hut (Zayna Lu) - Killed Night 1.
    @Papa Johns (Kobe Woolley) - Killed Night 1.
    @Chipotle (Bobbi Thorne) - Lynched Day 2.
    @Starbucks (Javier Robles) - Killed Night 2.
    @Chick-fil-A (Miriam Stark) - Killed Night 2.
    @Dairy Queen (Julien Wagstaff) - Lynched Day 3.
    @McDonalds (John-Paul Beattie) - Killed Night 3.
    @Popeyes (Jonah Simon) - Lynched Day 4.
    @Subway (Antonia Wagstaff) - Killed Night 4.
    @Burger King (Carley Rosales) - Killed Night 4.

Thank you all for participating! Balancing Hidden Setups is something new to me, so I appreciate players helping me learn. I definitely learned a lot from this game. Hindsight, I should have balanced a few things better:
    - I thought giving the Mafia an Actress and a Mafioso who can't kill alone would help nerf a 4 man team. I thought the larger Mafia would also lead to more fear mongering regarding the Traitor mechanic, but this wasn't a huge concern for the Mafia past N1. However, it appears a 4 man Mafia was likely too powerful for a Hidden Setup of this size.
    - I threw in a SK into the ICU detective block to help give a lone SK team an additional ability to help hide in day chat. However, Town losing the Sheriff n1 wasn't something I accounted for (but definitely should have). In hindsight, I should have made a fail safe for something like this to allow the SK to be caught more easily (by finding Town or finding SK itself). It was extremely unlikely that the Detective group would vote to follow their own, unless that player was extremely shady. Maybe they should have a group heal, instead? IDK, could have been interesting.
    - I thought of making a way to make the SK immune to witching, but I cast that idea aside when it didn't work with the RP. I believe that this was a mistake, and I probably should have found a way to prevent Mafia from picking up a second NK. I guess I could have made it so that the Witch could only target each player once, or find some lore-related reason to make the SK immune to witching.

After watching the game play out, I do feel that this setup was sided against Town, and also against the SK. However, I feel that D1 and N1 being different could have changed the entire outcome of the game, so I'm definitely not disappointed in this game. It was a lot of fun to read, and see what people thought.

I appreciated the fact that players actually tried to use the RP, and thought it was pretty humorous that Mafia was able to use it to kill the conversation and divert it to made-up Roleplay. This is definitely part of what I hope for when I create Hidden Setups. That, and I also like when players make up their own roles, because no one knows what's true or not.

I made a troll role of Javier Robles, and I am actually in love with this role. It does absolutely nothing, but actually had a profound impact on the game. I'm surprised how it turned out. KFC really played into receiving the item well.

What was almost INSULTING was that player thought this was a 2 faction NK + Cult, and believed that there was an anti-Cult Mason because of this. HOW RUDE. lmao.

I also "liked" that D1 in both of my Hidden Games, there was a Mafia member who claimed their real name D1 lol. Both times I think I face palmed, but both times the Mafia got away with it lmao. It have been very entertaining to watch.

I have taken the feedback from Dead Chat into consideration, and definitely appreciate the ideas on making Hidden Setups more balanced. I already have ideas for another Setup that tries to solve my oversights in this game, so I hope players would be interested in trying to help me work through another game :P

It's hard for me to personally pick an MVP in this game, because I found that everyone put in a lot of effort into the game. There were a few players that stuck out.. I really enjoyed watching KFC play, he had very good points and participation, he used the fake item well in order to draw scum attention, and overall enjoyed his presence in the game.
    Taco Bell... Taco Bell's presence was less enjoyable to read lmao, but definitely was extremely successful in what he was purposefully trying to accomplish. So, I have to give him some props for successfully pulling off his gambit until later in the game. I also appreciated that he attempted to over use RP. As a host, it was enjoyable to see everyone who tried to discuss with him pulling their hair out in frustration lmao.
    I was really surprised at Pizza Hut's activity for the time he was in the game. Sure, the reads weren't perfect, but the game was early and he had 0 information to go on. He really killed it with his Citizen participation, and I truly wish all my Citizens were like Pizza Hut.
    These shout outs being said, I do think everyone played well. Based on the information they had, everyone played well and tried hard. I REALLY appreciate it, you guys made this game worth hosting. So THANK YOU!

Thanks everyone who PM'd me with their insight and thoughts of the game, it is always enjoyable to read what players actually think about the game vs what the tell other players they think about the game. Probably the best part of being a host.

Thank you to everyone who participated in this game! Town win next game???? Let's do this.

Last edited by Cryptonic; January 6th, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Account Role Player
    Dominos
    Chipotle
    KFC
    Burger King
    Pizza Hut
    Dairy Queen
    Chick-fil-A
    Papa Johns
    Subway
    Wendys
    Jack in the Box
    Starbucks
    Popeyes
    Taco Bell
    McDonalds
    Arbys
    Leja Osborn
    Bobbi Thorne
    Curtis Stevens
    Carley Rosales
    Zayna Lu
    Julien Wagstaff
    Miriam Stark
    Kobe Woolley
    Antonina Wagstaff
    Sofija Blackmore
    Elouise Traynor
    Javier Robles
    Jonah Simon
    Libby Lewis
    John-Paul Beattie
    Lorenzo Vasquez
    Yayap
    stealthbomber16
    Glip
    Gerik
    Auckmid
    blinkskater
    Gyrlander
    NoctiZ
    MM
    Kenny
    TDL
    Slaol
    Damus
    Mike
    Numbertwo
    Banshis

1. Elouise Traynor
    2. Leja Osborn
    3. CoEN NK/Lorenzo Vasquez/John-Paul Beattie
    4. Sofija Blackmore
    5. Kobe Woolley
    6. Libby Lewis/Javier Robles/Antonina Wagstaff
    7. ICU received feedback

D1:

John Paul-Beatttie (JAIL//Chick-fil-a)

N1:

1. Elouise Traynor (WITCH//KFC -> Chick-fil-A)
    2. Leja Osborn (ROLEBLOCK//McDonalds)
    3. CoEN NK(DAIRY QUEEN -> Pizza Hut)/Lorenzo Vasquez (KILL//Papa Johns)/John-Paul Beattie(Execute-ROLEBLOCKED-)
    4. Kobe Woolley (-DEAD-)
    5. Libby Lewis(ACTRESS//Subway)/Javier Robles(GIFT//KFC)/Antonina Wagstaff
    6. ICU received feedback (DETECTIVE//Starbucks -> KFC)

D2:

John Paul-Beatttie (JAIL//Dominos)

N2:

1. Elouise Traynor (WITCH//Arbys -> Chick-fil-A)
    2. Leja Osborn (ROLEBLOCK//Chick-fil-A)
    3. CoEN NK(DAIRY QUEEN -> Starbucks)/Lorenzo Vasquez (KILL//-WITCHED -> Chick-fil-A-)/John-Paul Beattie(No execute)
    4. Libby Lewis(ACTRESS//-No action-)/Javier Robles(GIFT//-Dead-)/Antonina Wagstaff
    5. ICU received feedback (DETECTIVE//Dairy Queen -> Starbucks)

D3:

John Paul-Beatttie (JAIL//Burger King)

N3:

1. Elouise Traynor (WITCH//Popeyes -> KFC)
    2. Leja Osborn (ROLEBLOCK//KFC)
    3. CoEN NK(TACO BELL -> McDonalds)/Lorenzo Vasquez (KILL//McDonalds)/John-Paul Beattie(No execute)
    4. Libby Lewis(ACTRESS//-No action-)/Antonina Wagstaff
    5. ICU received feedback (DETECTIVE//Dominos -> KFC)

N4:

1. Elouise Traynor (WITCH//Arbys -> Subway)
    2. Leja Osborn (-No action-)
    3. CoEN NK(TACO BELL -> Burger King)/Lorenzo Vasquez (KILL//KFC -WITCHED- Subway)
    4. Libby Lewis(ACTRESS//-No action-)/Antonina Wagstaff
    5. ICU received feedback (DETECTIVE//Subway -> No One)

@Cryptonic

I was ready to believe you had trolled the masons by giving them a night kill they could only use on an immune player.

I'm new to playing with Mike and this has twice he's duped me into "hoping" he might be town due to his extreme incompetence. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    @Cryptonic

I was ready to believe you had trolled the masons by giving them a night kill they could only use on an immune player.

I'm new to playing with Mike and this has twice he's duped me into "hoping" he might be town due to his extreme incompetence. Never again.
    @Mike , I'm fairly sure you're a policy lynch now :P

I love the troll role in Starbucks, by the way. I was wary of it at first due to the "poisoned food" claim (that turned out to be a complete red herring), but once Starbucks flipped town, I knew instantly what it was.

Unfortunately he wifomed at me having a vest, which made it impossible for me to bait attacks with me being immune already. The gun play was my best bet, but at that point the 4-man scum team already had control of the pink night kill, with the sheriff dead. It was not the best position to be in, and I tried my best, even if I misplayed at every lynch.

Quote Originally Posted by Glip View Post
    I love the troll role in Starbucks, by the way. I was wary of it at first due to the "poisoned food" claim (that turned out to be a complete red herring), but once Starbucks flipped town, I knew instantly what it was.

Unfortunately he wifomed at me having a vest, which made it impossible for me to bait attacks with me being immune already. The gun play was my best bet, but at that point the 4-man scum team already had control of the pink night kill, with the sheriff dead. It was not the best position to be in, and I tried my best, even if I misplayed at every lynch.
    Yea, Starbucks & I were talking about it a little. They believed you had a gun. If they attacked you, you could have feigned it was a vest. If you stopped 2 attacks due to the fake item, it would be extremely OP lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Yea, Starbucks & I were talking about it a little. They believed you had a gun. If they attacked you, you could have feigned it was a vest. If you stopped 2 attacks due to the fake items, it would be extremely OP lmao.
    That was the play I was hoping for. Unfortunately never had a chance to pull it off. Woulda been great.

If only Subway had not forgotten her night action, I would have never scumread her; it would have forced me to reevaluate my reads and see that there must be purple in the TB/JitB block. We could've gotten a dominos lynch off, or maybe even one of TB/JitB.

It probably wouldn't have mattered because they already had 2 kills with control of Arbys, but maybe if I had drawn one of those kills...

If only.

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Can we all agree how dumb we all are for not instant lynching a witch claimer?
    I've seen town witch be a thing before and it was a hidden setup, so... meh.

Also I never suspected that this game would be 11 v 4 v 1. Town had no chance, especially with how early purple had control of both kills, ensuring the scum would never hit each other and they'd never accidentally attack the same target.