Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: private message not being shown

no, i dont think you are right. mafia wiki says:

Disadvantages
    Everyone will be able to see the private message being sent, there for it can be be easy for other people to figure out who is working together if they talk a lot using private messages.

and

Although the contents of your private messages themselves are not disclosed to the other players, the fact that you have sent a private message to another player IS disclosed to the other players. Specifically, a message will appear in the chat log any time a player sends a private message to another, notifying all other players that a private message was sent by Player X to Player Y.

also: the sender also did not see the "whispers to" message, just the message itself.
    Last edited by dooglrig; December 21st, 2018 at 01:38 PM.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by dooglrig View Post
    no, i dont think you are right. mafia wiki says:

Disadvantages
    Everyone will be able to see the private message being sent, there for it can be be easy for other people to figure out who is working together if they talk a lot using private messages.

and

Although the contents of your private messages themselves are not disclosed to the other players, the fact that you have sent a private message to another player IS disclosed to the other players. Specifically, a message will appear in the chat log any time a player sends a private message to another, notifying all other players that a private message was sent by Player X to Player Y.

also: the sender also did not see the "whispers to" message, just the message itself.
    If everyone can see private messages, than what's their point, it's just a usual message?
    I think it's mafia wiki broken, it doesn't even add some winning screens which you can see in this old thread:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...creen-in-Mafia!

"X Whispers to Y" is just a note, that a private message was sent by someone to someone. Only this should be shown to everyone.
    And i told that not only reciever, but sender also should see the whole message.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    If everyone can see private messages, than what's their point, it's just a usual message?
    I think it's mafia wiki broken, it doesn't even add some winning screens which you can see in this old thread:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...creen-in-Mafia!

"X Whispers to Y" is just a note, that a private message was sent by someone to someone. Only this should be shown to everyone.
    And i told that not only reciever, but sender also should see the whole message.
    That's literally what dooglrig said. "X whispered to Y" wasn't sent apparently.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    That's literally what dooglrig said. "X whispered to Y" wasn't sent apparently.
    Idk, then it's a bug, ask pepole to fix it?
    (or maybe what he send actually was "XXX whispers to YYY", because since 20k points you acess color coding)
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

7. ISO #7