DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story. - Page 13
Register

User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

following a reasonable recommendation players with a ball may now DROP the ball to attempt a catch, however since this is stronger than a BLOCK action to submit this you must submit TWO dodge actions which are both vulnerable to a tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    following a reasonable recommendation players with a ball may now DROP the ball to attempt a catch, however since this is stronger than a BLOCK action to submit this you must submit TWO dodge actions which are both vulnerable to a tag.
    Why would anyone ever want to throw a ball if catching is up to 4x more likely and also revives a player at the same time?
    It's 4/6 vs 1/6 chance if only one player would be throwing and still 2/6 with 2 players throwing.

To be honest, catching does feel a bit strong.

In a 1v1 scenario, person with the ball has a 1/6 chance to hit and get the other player out while giving the other team a ball, whereas person catching has a full 5/6 chance to catch, also getting the other player out, AND reviving a teammate, AAAAND keeping a ball on their side?

Balance and gameplaywise, catching player should at least have to predict where the throwing player threw, in addition to which player threw the ball.

And perhaps also, when catching, you become vulnerable to throws targeting your catch position (that aren't from your catch target), in addition to throws targeting your dodge position.

Totally unbiased opinion coming from the team with more remaining players and more balls. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Why would anyone ever want to throw a ball if catching is up to 4x more likely and also revives a player at the same time?
    It's 4/6 vs 1/6 chance if only one player would be throwing and still 2/6 with 2 players throwing.
    4/6 and 1/6 if you cant wifom.

If we run into real issues ill adjust things

EVERYONE THROW THE BALL AT 1 PERSON
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

I'M THROWING A BALL AT SLAOL
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .

Argh I thought I still had time to submit an action, then I went into crunch time mode at work and then had to head straight to my sport session instead of stopping home first so I totally forgot to submit anything.

Still outplayed yzb
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    yzb25 of team Average Joes have been tagged out
    You're OUT, FOUR EYES!!

...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

Picks up a ball

Throws the Ball at Peter

TIME FOR YOU TO MEET YOUR MAKER, PETER!

...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!

Everybody on my team go afk gogogogofogogooogo

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Just do the ol' slip and dive.. Slip and dive..
    Get Peter Wesley, Take their leader out and the rest will fall into place!

MAKE GLOBO GYM PROUD!