DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

I am tired of people using the word WIFOM wrong. I see people on our forum misuse WIFOM all over the place, I even do it out of habit because it is standard language even though wrong. WIFOM is not how you pretend and lay a shield upon yourself, it is actually instead a weapon about interpreting your opponent and out predicting their action. You don't WIFOM as defense, you WIFOM as an attack. This game is an exercise in that.

Average Joe's Gym
    Peter "Pete" LeFleur - Stealthbomber16
    Katheryn "Kate" Veatch - Naz
    Gordon Pibb - yzb25
    Steve "The Pirate" Cowan - Bahkieh
    Dwight Baumgarten (Schrute) - Creedkingsx
    Owen Dittman - Numbertwo

GloboGym
    White Goodman - Aivion
    Me'Shell Jones - Glip
    Fran Stalinovskovichdaviddivichski - Marshmallow Marshall
    Wesley "Blade" Snipes - NoctiZ
    Lazer - Banshis
    Blazer - Damus_Graves

Players may sign for their choice of team, and claim a name, first come first serve.

There will be 6 balls, when the game starts the first 6 posters will grab a ball.

All players are the same, though only 6 will have a ball at a time.

You may take any of the following actions as a defense.
    1. Stand Still
    2. Dodge 1
    3. Duck
    4. Dip
    5. Dive
    6. Dodge 2

Spoiler : Action Meanings :

These are all positions you can take, and they serve as your defensive action, asking the other player to WIFOM your selection.

You may also take one of these actions.
    1. Block, if you have a ball only
    2. Throw, if you have a ball only
    3. Protect, if you have a ball only
    4. Pass, if you have a ball only
    5. Catch, only if you have no ball

Spoiler : Bonus Action :

These actions allow you to act depending on your Ball status.

If you have a ball you may choose Block against a single player, making yourself perfectly immune to their throws, however you will be vulnerable to all throws from all other players.

If you have a ball you may also Throw at a player, anticipating their defensive position. If you are correct you will tag them out. You may still dodge.

If you have a ball you may also Protect an ally, keeping them safe from all attacks but you vulnerable to all throws.

If you have a ball you may also Pass to an ally, giving them the ball. You may still dodge.

If you do NOT have a ball you may Catch against a player, if they throw at you and are wrong you will catch the ball knocking them out and reviving the top queued ally. You must submit a dodge action in addition. No action qualifies as "stand still" for the opponents throw, but will disqualify a Catch action. If you catch and are tagged out by another player all actions will occur, leading to a catch out, revival, and tag out.

Ball Mechanics
    The first 6 posters in the opening day get a ball for free.
    Balls that are caught are obviously in the hands of the new player.
    Balls that are passed are obviously in the hands of the new player.

Balls that are blocked have a 75% chance to return to the throwing side whether it be from a Block or a Protect, and a 25% chance to stay on the thrown at side.
    Balls that are thrown and hit have a 25% chance to return to the throwing side and a 75% chance to stay on the tagged side.
    Balls that miss are 100% going to be on the thrown at side floor.
    Balls on the floor will be given to the first poster from the appropriate side that does not have a ball in their hands at the time of the post.

Balls held by a player who is tagged out will be dropped on their side.

Spoiler : "Day" Mechanic :

Everyone will be publicly in the thread, and can talk with no issue and is expected to submit a defensive and or bonus action each 24 hours. No action will be interpreted as "Stand still". All actions will occur at one time, and I will announce the results, as well as announce who is out or whatever is needed.
    Anyone who is out will enter a queue to be returned under a catch scenario.

Spoiler : Tie breakers :

Surprise if it happens

Sign to prove you can actually WIFOM below. Pick a name/team. 2 slots remaining.
    Last edited by Slaol; December 17th, 2018 at 08:33 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

Signing as Fran Stalinovskovichdaviddivichski

yes i had to pick the longest name ever
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    WIFOM is both a defense and an offense. When they were using it in tmThe Princess Bride, the three guys the main character fought were all layers of defense from his goal. (I dont remember any fucking names so deal).

The WIFOM scene was just tool of that defense.
    Nope. Wifom as defense is like a preemptive strike. Its an attack to prevent an attack. It may protect you but if you call that action a true defense then were at a semantic impass.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    The best offense is a good defense or some shit like that.

Tldr both
    Nope. But to each their bone.

WIFOM is specifically the act of reading your opponent. You can try to be unpredictable. But thats being unpredictable, not WIFOM
    Last edited by Slaol; December 14th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

/WHITE GOODMAN, COMING AT CHA!

:P

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Does anyone here notice how yellow team is actually yellow (numbertwo) and purple team is actually purple (damus and myself)?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    We ARE the Globo Gym Purple Cobras ... and we will, we will, rock you!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

/in
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

Added a bit more information

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Are the dodge moves people used announced at the end of each round?

that seems important imo.
    Yes, everything everyone does will be stated. Dodges, bonus actions, and results.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    The game can start with 10 players and 5 balls if no one else signs within like 24 hours.
    I was joking earlier but something has actually popped up that limits my time a little bit. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I was joking earlier but something has actually popped up that limits my time a little bit. Sorry.
    Well this game allows for literally 0 activity, so if you are interested Pete is still available

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    alright
    sick. okay youre Peter, Captain of the Average Joe's gym.

Game will start with a post of just "Dodgeball!" and some fitting RP sometime soon but I won't say when because of the ball picking mechanic.

Good luck.

45. ISO #45

Fin1.png
    Fin2.png

Rp and images will follow, still waiting on them from the editor but this is when i wanted to start. All cycles are 24 hours.

DODGEBALL!

First 6 posters get a ball.

No conversation necessary, but all communication in the thread is allowed.
    Last edited by Slaol; December 20th, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50