DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 423
  1. #1

    DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

    I am tired of people using the word WIFOM wrong. I see people on our forum misuse WIFOM all over the place, I even do it out of habit because it is standard language even though wrong. WIFOM is not how you pretend and lay a shield upon yourself, it is actually instead a weapon about interpreting your opponent and out predicting their action. You don't WIFOM as defense, you WIFOM as an attack. This game is an exercise in that.

    Average Joe's Gym
    Peter "Pete" LeFleur - Stealthbomber16
    Katheryn "Kate" Veatch - Naz
    Gordon Pibb - yzb25
    Steve "The Pirate" Cowan - Bahkieh
    Dwight Baumgarten (Schrute) - Creedkingsx
    Owen Dittman - Numbertwo

    White Goodman - Aivion
    Me'Shell Jones - Glip
    Fran Stalinovskovichdaviddivichski - Marshmallow Marshall
    Wesley "Blade" Snipes - NoctiZ
    Lazer - Banshis
    Blazer - Damus_Graves

    Players may sign for their choice of team, and claim a name, first come first serve.

    There will be 6 balls, when the game starts the first 6 posters will grab a ball.

    All players are the same, though only 6 will have a ball at a time.

    You may take any of the following actions as a defense.
    1. Stand Still
    2. Dodge 1
    3. Duck
    4. Dip
    5. Dive
    6. Dodge 2

    Spoiler : Action Meanings :

    These are all positions you can take, and they serve as your defensive action, asking the other player to WIFOM your selection.

    You may also take one of these actions.
    1. Block, if you have a ball only
    2. Throw, if you have a ball only
    3. Protect, if you have a ball only
    4. Pass, if you have a ball only
    5. Catch, only if you have no ball

    Spoiler : Bonus Action :

    These actions allow you to act depending on your Ball status.

    If you have a ball you may choose Block against a single player, making yourself perfectly immune to their throws, however you will be vulnerable to all throws from all other players.

    If you have a ball you may also Throw at a player, anticipating their defensive position. If you are correct you will tag them out. You may still dodge.

    If you have a ball you may also Protect an ally, keeping them safe from all attacks but you vulnerable to all throws.

    If you have a ball you may also Pass to an ally, giving them the ball. You may still dodge.

    If you do NOT have a ball you may Catch against a player, if they throw at you and are wrong you will catch the ball knocking them out and reviving the top queued ally. You must submit a dodge action in addition. No action qualifies as "stand still" for the opponents throw, but will disqualify a Catch action. If you catch and are tagged out by another player all actions will occur, leading to a catch out, revival, and tag out.

    Ball Mechanics
    The first 6 posters in the opening day get a ball for free.
    Balls that are caught are obviously in the hands of the new player.
    Balls that are passed are obviously in the hands of the new player.

    Balls that are blocked have a 75% chance to return to the throwing side whether it be from a Block or a Protect, and a 25% chance to stay on the thrown at side.
    Balls that are thrown and hit have a 25% chance to return to the throwing side and a 75% chance to stay on the tagged side.
    Balls that miss are 100% going to be on the thrown at side floor.
    Balls on the floor will be given to the first poster from the appropriate side that does not have a ball in their hands at the time of the post.

    Balls held by a player who is tagged out will be dropped on their side.

    Spoiler : "Day" Mechanic :

    Everyone will be publicly in the thread, and can talk with no issue and is expected to submit a defensive and or bonus action each 24 hours. No action will be interpreted as "Stand still". All actions will occur at one time, and I will announce the results, as well as announce who is out or whatever is needed.
    Anyone who is out will enter a queue to be returned under a catch scenario.

    Spoiler : Tie breakers :

    Surprise if it happens

    Sign to prove you can actually WIFOM below. Pick a name/team. 2 slots remaining.
    Last edited by Slaol; December 17th, 2018 at 08:33 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

    Signing as Fran Stalinovskovichdaviddivichski

    yes i had to pick the longest name ever
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  6. #6

    Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

    Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    WIFOM is both a defense and an offense. When they were using it in tmThe Princess Bride, the three guys the main character fought were all layers of defense from his goal. (I dont remember any fucking names so deal).

    The WIFOM scene was just tool of that defense.
    Nope. Wifom as defense is like a preemptive strike. Its an attack to prevent an attack. It may protect you but if you call that action a true defense then were at a semantic impass.

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

    Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    The best offense is a good defense or some shit like that.

    Tldr both
    Nope. But to each their bone.

    WIFOM is specifically the act of reading your opponent. You can try to be unpredictable. But thats being unpredictable, not WIFOM
    Last edited by Slaol; December 14th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    FUCK you have no idea how many marshmallows I just swallowed. I opened my mouth far too wide and ended up swallowing a shittonne of those bad boys all at once. I can still feel it all slowly sinking down my throat.
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  16. #16

  17. #17

    Re: DodgeBall: A true WIFOM story.



    ...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes...
    This is good for me. I'm not insane! I didn't kill my family. I am fine. I'm not mad. I am innocent, I mean, not guilty!
    Is it mad to pray for better hallucinations?

  18. #18

  19. #19

  20. #20



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts