Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41
Results 2,001 to 2,031 of 2031
  1. ISO #2001

2. ISO #2002

3. ISO #2003

Re: S-FM: LBP Small-Town Mafia

Hosts Choices:

Mafia/Overall MVP: Marshmallow Marshall

This might be a bit controversial, since the lookout information given on day 3 by MM hurt any chance of Damus being able to talk his way out of being lynched and resulted in Creed getting caught in a lie which he also ended up getting lynched for soon after. However, by taking out the only other investigative role by correctly predicting the bus action, MM was able to put himself in a position of significant trust, allowing him to secure the victory for the mafia.

Town MVP: naz

So I won't try to blunt it too much, town's scum hunting was not great this game, and this can be said about most of the members. However, naz had two things going for her that significantly helped the town effort. Firstly, her night actions were on point. Clearing the bus driver night 1 who was the only character who had the potential of interfering with investigates was significant and finding the mafia mayor night 2 was extremely important. Secondly, her playstyle made her seem very pro-town. While this might not seem that significant, seeing how she was town, it made people much more willing to trust her results, as well as allowing her to get access to the networker chat every night she was alive.

I'll also give a shout out to Rumox. While his attempt to start a vote train on Stealthbomber on day 2 did not take off, it was one of the few instances of strong scumhunting that came from the town over the first 2 days, and I think his logic was on point. Additionally, I think he did a good job of correctly identifying TDL as town night 1 after jailing him.

100 votes to hammer.

4. ISO #2004

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    Don't hate on Mike. His play may not have been the best it can be but he wants to play and learn and grow. We all have hardheadedness and its not often that everybody listens to anybody else.
    Continuing to hate on Mike is going to drive another player away from this site. Thats unacceptable.
    well said damus <3
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

5. ISO #2005

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    Mafia/Overall MVP: Marshmallow Marshall

This might be a bit controversial, since the lookout information given on day 3 by MM hurt any chance of Damus being able to talk his way out of being lynched and resulted in Creed getting caught in a lie which he also ended up getting lynched for soon after. However, by taking out the only other investigative role by correctly predicting the bus action, MM was able to put himself in a position of significant trust, allowing him to secure the victory for the mafia.
    MM played as if he was a solo scummer. He bussed AND threw the kitchen sink at his team mates LOL. Love it

6. ISO #2006

7. ISO #2007

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    MM played as if he was a solo scummer. He bussed AND threw the kitchen sink at his team mates LOL. Love it
    This is why I town read him Damus I wold expect this from also blink but MM wow blew my mind I never expected this from him.

My retarted ass Set a trap and TDL passed it and I refused to belive it. So much evidence on TDL on the day of SB16 lych. I even PMed Host saying I should have went Sheriff and checked MM not BG but was to late. I was already BG role. Man if I guarded Jailer would have been GG. Could have Should have but didn't.

Please dont defend this comment. THIS IS FACT. MM this will not happen again.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

8. ISO #2008

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    GJ MM, you made sure the right people weren't around in the end and pulled off a nice victory. You were playing your scum meta to a 100% tee lol... i think you deserve the MVP tho GJ my friend.
    -vote marshmallow marshall
    =D
    Who cares about meta when noone is there to call you out on it

GGWP people, this game was very fun and... what a god damn plot twist. I messed up by revealing my feedback, although I couldn't know, I should've held it for myself. And damus was investigated at the same time

I was honestly scared because Mike could have picked up Stealth's ability, or Blink's. It was a very dangerous situation. Also, very well done my scummates for being the perfect bussed teammates lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

9. ISO #2009

10. ISO #2010

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is why I town read him Damus I wold expect this from also blink but MM wow blew my mind I never expected this from him.

My retarted ass Set a trap and TDL passed it and I refused to belive it. So much evidence on TDL on the day of SB16 lych. I even PMed Host saying I should have went Sheriff and checked MM not BG but was to late. I was already BG role. Man if I guarded Jailer would have been GG. Could have Should have but didn't.

Please dont defend this comment. THIS IS FACT. MM this will not happen again.
    MM usually doesn't buss his team like that as scum and I was somewhat proud that he broadened his game a bit
    This isn't where i parked my car.....

11. ISO #2011

Quote Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
    -vote Naz

Overall I was pretty disappointed in this town due to the lack of logical reasoning, but Naz was actually quite good. I agree with Auckmid's assessment of her play. She played well.
    I agree 1005

Scum MM MVP
    Town Naz MVP

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

12. ISO #2012

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    @Marshmallow Marshall

You dont know how pissed I was at you for giving away free feedback information to the town.
    Ik ik that sucked apologies to scums, I'm a trash scum.

Also, kudos to TDL for being EXTREMELY towny in the end. I was very scared because if I had put a vote on him and Mike didn't hammer, he'd *know* for sure that I was scum. That would have resulted in a loss, probably. The gambit from Mike was also well done, given that he had not investigated anyone. Just shouldn't have jump voted on TDL :P
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #2013

But they agreed on it ;)

mostly

14. ISO #2014

15. ISO #2015

16. ISO #2016

Reflecting on the SB lynch, I should have analyzed it more. The way SB rolled over was scummy for himself but it also shed light on MM's alignment. SB's reserved posting pulled the wool over my eyes there, just figured he was a scum that got caught and gave up.

Town SB = would kick and scream
    Scum SB/Town MM = would obviously pressure MM to try get a miss lynch on his most likely final day? that's what I would do I guess
    Scum SB being BUSSED = o dang u got me hehe

17. ISO #2017

18. ISO #2018

Reflecting on the SB lynch, I should have analyzed it more. The way SB rolled over was scummy for himself but it also shed light on MM's alignment. SB's reserved posting pulled the wool over my eyes there, just figured he was a scum that got caught and gave up.

Town SB = would kick and scream
    Scum SB/Town MM = would obviously pressure MM to try get a miss lynch on his most likely final day? that's what I would do I guess
    Scum SB being BUSSED = o dang u got me hehe
    I have none of these meta reads cause I haven't really done anything Mafia related for quite a long time at this point. No SC2, no ToS, no Epic Mafia. Came into this game with a fine coat of rust.
    None can stand against the coming Darkness...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWYCS6k1IOA
    Sometimes, the light can come from the darkest places...

19. ISO #2019

20. ISO #2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    I have none of these meta reads cause I haven't really done anything Mafia related for quite a long time at this point. No SC2, no ToS, no Epic Mafia. Came into this game with a fine coat of rust.
    That isn't a meta read it's just something I noticed in hindsight. You did well, I only disagree on your choice to shoot Banshis. Their contribution the following day could have made the difference. Banshis was 99% slotted Town for me. Shooting Banshis basically means you conceded to the idea that SB and Banshis accurately predicted that I was going to be bussed with Naz based of day chat, and also accurately predicted that Mike wasn't going to be guarding Slaol the confirmed town.

21. ISO #2021

That isn't a meta read it's just something I noticed in hindsight. You did well, I only disagree on your choice to shoot Banshis. Their contribution the following day could have made the difference. Banshis was 99% slotted Town for me. Shooting Banshis basically means you conceded to the idea that SB and Banshis accurately predicted that I was going to be bussed with Naz based of day chat, and also accurately predicted that Mike wasn't going to be guarding Slaol the confirmed town.
    Where as MM had been in all networks, Mike had orchestrating them, and you were in the final one. Banshis and SB were in zero.

I could pass off scum predicting me being bussed with Naz based off day chat, but shooting Slaol guaranteed there was a rat in the network or was the networker.

22. ISO #2022

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Auckmid was very kind when discussing my play but this was among, if not, one of my worst games ever.
    When discussing "what would slaol do" everything I said during the day was true.

1. What's the simple, brain dead play?
    2. Do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

23. ISO #2023

This was one of the key facts why I voted TDL because you said not to shoot and he did. and the fact mafia did not hit same target.

24. ISO #2024

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    When discussing "what would slaol do" everything I said during the day was true.

1. What's the simple, brain dead play?
    2. Do that.
    Ya i really telegraphed that too much, and the good swap with banshis was taken for checking.

It wasnt 0 thought, but certainly 1 more layer would have been "this is too obvious given the setup, do something with that" and i was not there

25. ISO #2025

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Ya i really telegraphed that too much, and the good swap with banshis was taken for checking.

It wasnt 0 thought, but certainly 1 more layer would have been "this is too obvious given the setup, do something with that" and i was not there
    I worded that wrong. That was our thought process for the night we killed you. Shoot Slaol because he'll overpredict. Same process for blink. Slaol will overpredict because he'll get incredibly cocky.

The night we shot rumox->naz was a panic mode night where we were hoping against all hope you would bus him. Maybe it was discussed in a networker chat one of us were in, I frankly can't remember.

@Mike Correct me if I'm wrong but it was impossible to have been TDL because there were 2 kills and mafia cant use factional kill and night action at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

26. ISO #2026

Town MVP: naz

So I won't try to blunt it too much, town's scum hunting was not great this game, and this can be said about most of the members. However, naz had two things going for her that significantly helped the town effort. Firstly, her night actions were on point. Clearing the bus driver night 1 who was the only character who had the potential of interfering with investigates was significant and finding the mafia mayor night 2 was extremely important. Secondly, her playstyle made her seem very pro-town. While this might not seem that significant, seeing how she was town, it made people much more willing to trust her results, as well as allowing her to get access to the networker chat every night she was alive.

<3 yayyy and thank u for understanding my logic in my night actions!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

27. ISO #2027

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I worded that wrong. That was our thought process for the night we killed you. Shoot Slaol because he'll overpredict. Same process for blink. Slaol will overpredict because he'll get incredibly cocky.

The night we shot rumox->naz was a panic mode night where we were hoping against all hope you would bus him. Maybe it was discussed in a networker chat one of us were in, I frankly can't remember.

@Mike Correct me if I'm wrong but it was impossible to have been TDL because there were 2 kills and mafia cant use factional kill and night action at the same time?
    NO not true host said Mafia can use both.

28. ISO #2028

No, the mafia has not yet been given a chance to communicate.

Correct, mafia veteran can be sent for night kills without preventing his character ability, the same as anybody else. Of course, his character ability only triggers if someone targets him, not the other way around.

Correct, jailing is the only way to prevent the veteran from being able to go on alert (other then death). Likewise, jailing prevents the survivalist from auto-vesting.
    Right here

29. ISO #2029

30. ISO #2030

Okay, so it has been around a week since the end of this FM, and I'm fine with this getting moved to the archive, but I'll post a few closing thoughts about setup.

While I felt that the game ended up being enjoyable and had a very close ending, there were a couple of issues that I had, with those being...

1) Since 9v4 without role claims meant that town had a relatively slim majority relative to most other no-neutral setups, mafia ended up coming surprisingly close to winning night 2, which is something that I would want removed.

2) On the flip side, the numerous town night actions made nights very treacherous for the mafia, and the existence of a sheriff with no possibility of a GF made the momentum swing heavily to the town once they got the ball rolling and the sheriff was able to clear members of the town.

As such, if I were to a re-host of this type of setup (this wouldn't be for quite a while and only if there was support for it), I would make the following modifications;

1) Change the setup to a 15 player one, with the extra 2 players both going to town making it a 11v4 setup. The extra 2 player roles being added would be...

Leach - As a night action, switch character roles with another player (with exceptions + limitations). Switches are public.

Mason Leader - Adds someone to the mason group as a day action. Members of the mason group have a night chat together. Once per game, if there are 3 or more members in the mason group, the Mason Leader can extend the night and trigger an internal lynch vote as a night action. The lynch vote is public and occurs in the day thread, but only members of the mason group can vote or be voted for. Since this vote occurs during the night, players can change their night actions based off of this vote.

2) Give mafia PRs to counteract some of town's night efforts. In particular, I would add a GF, and likely also give them a 1-shot hitman/framer to help secure kills or create more doubt around investigative roles.

Additionally, I would heavily consider switching the vote type in the early game from majority to plurality to make lynches easier during the early game. If I did this, I would likely replace the jailor role with something like a JOAT.

31. ISO #2031