Forum Mafia - Edit to the Rules
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Exclamation Forum Mafia - Edit to the Rules

The rules of Forum Mafia section (Link in red) have been edited to allow a better game experience. Please read them to be aware of the changes.

The spirit of the rules remain the same; it's simply a clarification of what was already there.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; November 27th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: Forum Mafia - Edit to the Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The rules of Forum Mafia section (Link in red) have been edited to allow a better game experience. Please read them to be aware of the changes.

The spirit of the rules remain the same; it's simply a clarification of what was already there.

Have fun!
    Wait, what exactly changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Wait, what exactly changed?
    8 and 9 of In-game Rules were added, and Infraction section was changed too (Mainly an increase of infraction points for more severe offenses). As I said, it's really a clarification of the existing rule set.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

8 and 9 of In-game Rules were added, and Infraction section was changed too (Mainly an increase of infraction points for more severe offenses). As I said, it's really a clarification of the existing rule set.
    Does this mean I can't sign for a game with my @Stealthbombomb16 account?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Does this mean I can't sign for a game with my @Stealthbombomb16 account?
    As long as you don't do it to be disruptive you're allowed to unless host says otherwise lol, this hasn't changed

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    8 doesn't work. One just can't unsee what has been seen.
    There's a difference between unseeing something and reaching for "host slips" that are often false. It just decreases the overall quality of games, and nobody likes that. Of course, if host actually fucks up magistrally (which is what your post implies), it's his/her job to deal with it and fix the error.

Also, it does work: a rule against angleshooting isn't a test idea, it's already on some other forums, and it works there too. See this short article

The rule that is commonly "angleshot" at is "Respect the host and their rules".

8. ISO #8

Have fun!
    Wait i have an alt account OH SHI-
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

9. ISO #9

There's a difference between unseeing something and reaching for "host slips" that are often false. It just decreases the overall quality of games, and nobody likes that. Of course, if host actually fucks up magistrally (which is what your post implies), it's his/her job to deal with it and fix the error.

Also, it does work: a rule against angleshooting isn't a test idea, it's already on some other forums, and it works there too. See this short article

The rule that is commonly "angleshot" at is "Respect the host and their rules".
    Brutal lmao
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

what can I say. Im a shithost.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Wait i have an alt account OH SHI-
    As I said, as long as you don't do disruptive stuff with it or cheat with it, feel free to have one... but as long as you respect the rules. So no, you aren't even breaking anything xD
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Brutal lmao
    ...no u
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    what can I say. Im a shithost.
    ...no aamirus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    can hosts allow angleshooting?
    Lol. Since it's a quite big definition, and that the rules of the setup (because such a thing would be there since angleshooting is against the rules of the forum) would need to be approved, the answer is "it depends"... I mean, if it's a setup in the Watermeloann game style, maybe....

14. ISO #14

As I said, as long as you don't do disruptive stuff with it or cheat with it, feel free to have one... but as long as you respect the rules. So no, you aren't even breaking anything xD

...no u

...no aamirus

Lol. Since it's a quite big definition, and that the rules of the setup (because such a thing would be there since angleshooting is against the rules of the forum) would need to be approved, the answer is "it depends"... I mean, if it's a setup in the Watermeloann game style, maybe....
    I'm confused about what angleshooting even is tbh. The page you linked gives a totally different definition and the phrasing used in the FM rules is very vague.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I'm confused about what angleshooting even is tbh. The page you linked gives a totally different definition and the phrasing used in the FM rules is very vague.
    It's not totally different... On Mafia, angleshooting is literally only based on host's wordings, because everything else (like ogc, smurfing, etc.) is clear cut and doesn't change. So respect the host and their rules, and don't try to circumvent them. It's basically "don't try to circumvent rules", but in-games, it's how it translates.

16. ISO #16

It's not totally different... On Mafia, angleshooting is literally only based on host's wordings, because everything else (like ogc, smurfing, etc.) is clear cut and doesn't change. So respect the host and their rules, and don't try to circumvent them. It's basically "don't try to circumvent rules", but in-games, it's how it translates.
    The definition given in the FM rules is concerned with using information outside of the core game to gain an advantage. i.e. picking apart how the host responded to a question to glean extra information or find a "slip". On the other hand, the definition you're describing now (and the definition on the linked page) is referring to attempts to exploit the intricacies of the host's rules.

By what you're saying now, I assume you wanted to convey the latter definition. But that's not how the FM rules sound. And kenny shares my interpretation, so it can't just be me being weird.