User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Player Conduct

1. ISO #51
    Ganelon

Re: Player Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Damus_Graves View Post
    What do you think if you dont mind?
    I agree. It nearly happened one game (in that someone nearly got policy lynched over emotional appeals), and I recall that they tried (unsuccessfully) to stop engaging in such behaviour.

I've taken note of both Damus' and Yayap's posts, esp. the one in response to my "what do you do if you cannot defend yourself against a dumb argument" post, and will try to apply them in future games.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    But then you’re just lynching to change the meta rather than going after your top reads!
    I think lynching for meta, especially against toxic play, is actually pro-town. Just put top reads first but in a day with no clear target toxic players make themselves the best lynch

3. ISO #53

What do you think if you dont mind?
    In terms of staff stepping in?

I will say that there is a fine line but I have seen many personal attacks on members in FMs that would warrant a ban if it was in gen discussion. I do think that the bullying needs to stop - but in terms of FMs, I think it should be the other players that should realize how bad the arguments are and take appropriate action by lynching the people using that kind of defense. There is a line that should not be crossed however that I would absolutely be in favor of mod intervention, that being suggesting someone commit suicide in real life or something similar.

People can always report offending posts, but mods will need to look at the context and previous posts to see the amount of bullying in play. I'm not against putting in tighter rules against behavior of that type but I also know how emotional some players get.

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    The entire infraction system on this site is a joke. It's a slap on the wrist. If you want change, then insta modkills and banned from FMs for a certain time is a minimum needed. Even the current ban system isn't long enough to prevent someone from joining the very next game.
    You and I are likeminded. We would just need to convince others to adopt the change

7. ISO #57

I have no problem with insta modkills, except if you're playing in a game with few players (like 7 or 8 ) or a game where 1 or 2 players are crucial to the game's functioning. I think that sorta thing should be saved for games with 15+ players and no mastermind roles.

I take back what I said about tempbans only stalling the problem. I've grown accustomed to a culture where a 6 month ban is a long ban. If bans that last years are the norm, then it could be a meaningful system.

People always argue that banning players like that makes site activity worse, but tbh the players who warrant bans drive away more players anyway. Banning them would likely allow others to stay in / rejoin the community.

8. ISO #58

You and I are likeminded. We would just need to convince others to adopt the change
    I agree that an FM punishment fits an FM crime.
    Bans from games: temporary and permenant
    Bans from hosting: temporary and permenant
    Requiring reserving into games as a sort of communitt service
    Etc

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60
    Ganelon

I vote for reforming the infraction system.

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64
    Ganelon

Player Offences

1. Gamethrowing
    Description: Any play wittingly and willingly going against one's win condition falls under gamethrowing.
    Type: Severe
    Subcategories:
    1.1) Reactionary Gamethrowing
    Description: Gamethrowing due to frustration with in-game happenings.
    First Offence Punishment: One-month ban, or two-game ban.
    Second Offence Punishment: Permanent ban from Forum Mafia.
    Third Offence Punishment: Permanent ban from games.
    2.2) Attempted Gamethrowing
    First Offence Punishment: Two-month ban, or four-game ban.
    3.3) Intentional Gamethrowing
    First Offence Punishment: Four-month ban, or 6-game ban.

Notes: Players that have been punished for gamethrowing may not participate in the ongoing S-FM Ladder, nor any full-fledged FMs, for up to twice their ban duration.

2. Griefing
    Type: Mild
    Description: Severe, game-ruining trolling.
    First Offence Punishment: One-game ban. Point reduction in ladder.
    Second Offence Punishment: Two-month ban, or four-game ban. Barred from participating in ladder.
    Third Offence Punishment: Four-month ban.
    Fourth Offence Punishment: Permanent ban from Forum Mafia.

3. Belligerence
    Description: Being an intentional ass to other players (i.e., insulting them in-game. Some insults can, to some extent, be acceptable).
    First Offence Punishment: Two-month ban. Point reduction in ladder.
    Second Offence Punishment: Six-month ban.

4. Skyping
    Type: Grave
    Description: Don't Skype.
    First Offence Punishment: Six-month ban.
    Second Offence Punishment: Permanent ban.

15. ISO #65

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Player Offences

1. Gamethrowing
    Description: Any play wittingly and willingly going against one's win condition falls under gamethrowing.
    Subcategories:
    1.1) Reactionary Gamethrowing
    Description: Gamethrowing due to frustration with in-game happenings.
    First Offence Punishment: One-month ban, or two-game ban.
    Third Offence Punishment: Permanent ban from games.
    2.2) Attempted Gamethrowing
    First Offence Punishment: Two-month ban, or four-game ban.
    3.3) Intentional Gamethrowing
    First Offence Punishment: Four-month ban, or 6-game ban.

Notes: Players that have been punished for gamethrowing may not participate in the ongoing S-FM Ladder, nor any full-fledged FMs, for up to twice their ban duration.

2. Griefing
    Type: Mild
    Description: Severe, game-ruining trolling.
    First Offence Punishment: One-game ban. Point reduction in ladder.
    Second Offence Punishment: Two-month ban, or four-game ban. Barred from participating in ladder.
    Third Offence Punishment: Four-month ban.
    Fourth Offence Punishment: Permanent ban from Forum Mafia.

3. Belligerence
    Description: Being an intentional ass to other players (i.e., insulting them in-game. Some insults can, to some extent, be acceptable).
    First Offence Punishment: Two-month ban. Point reduction in ladder.
    Second Offence Punishment: Six-month ban.

4. Skyping
    Type: Grave
    Description: Don't Skype.
    First Offence Punishment: Six-month ban.
    Second Offence Punishment: Permanent ban.
    No dont make it this autistic pls pls

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

Suggest an alternative.
    Perhaps it would be better to have punishment be based on allowance into games for a set timeframe.
    Or a set number of games.
    Id go by games. Id also think it should be by a host to decide how much they think something mattered. A day 1 gamethrow and a final day "fuck it" by a team unlikely to win are different

20. ISO #70

Suggest an alternative.
    Perhaps it would be better to have punishment be based on allowance into games for a set timeframe.
    Or a set number of games.
    Ya when im at comp

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

21. ISO #71

Before I write anything up, what exactly is the issue???
    I played a game a few weeks ago with very few issues, then hosted a game which didn't have any issues.

@Damus_Graves
    Like, what exact situation caused you to want to make this thread?

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

I am fairly ignorant to what this thread is talking about, because I've only had 2 interactions with the player base within my memory and both have been very positive.
    I don't want to speak on an ongoing game really, but it seems like the drama centered around players that are not really regulars on this site.

Once again, I don't really know much about what has been going on in FMs except for the 2 games I participated in, so I'm not very educated on the subject. I feel that it's quite unfair to base a thread around an incident that occurred with members that are not a regular part of the current playerbase, yet you are pushing for a change in the playerbase. If members of the site think situations like this are common, then yes, something needs to be done.

But, I think it should be the community itself doing the policing.

I think the entire FM section should be run by the community, with a few volunteers reading setups. By this, I mean that anyone should be allowed to post a signup whenever (no queue), and whether or not it gets signups dictates if it gets played or not. No one enjoys the communism.

The same logic should apply to the players. If, as a host, I do not like a specific player due to his playstyles, common inactivity, etc, then I should be free to exclude that player from my game. Also, if a player does not wish to play with another player due to in-game reasons, then they can boycott the game; if enough players boycott a game because of a person, the host can decide to exclude that player. This will result in either the excluded player to become really toxic and quit the site due to embarrassment, or to realize they are being a douchebag and try to play nicer with others.

Obviously, there are things like cheating, gamethrowing, and extreme personal attacks which need to be handled by staff (use report function!!!!!). These types should be given a site ban. It's a toxicity that will show itself in more areas than just Forum Mafia.

All of ^ combined with players consciously trying to post less & more meaningful posts, most of the issues would be solved.

25. ISO #75

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I am fairly ignorant to what this thread is talking about, because I've only had 2 interactions with the player base within my memory and both have been very positive.
    I don't want to speak on an ongoing game really, but it seems like the drama centered around players that are not really regulars on this site.

Once again, I don't really know much about what has been going on in FMs except for the 2 games I participated in, so I'm not very educated on the subject. I feel that it's quite unfair to base a thread around an incident that occurred with members that are not a regular part of the current playerbase, yet you are pushing for a change in the playerbase. If members of the site think situations like this are common, then yes, something needs to be done.

But, I think it should be the community itself doing the policing.

I think the entire FM section should be run by the community, with a few volunteers reading setups. By this, I mean that anyone should be allowed to post a signup whenever (no queue), and whether or not it gets signups dictates if it gets played or not. No one enjoys the communism.

The same logic should apply to the players. If, as a host, I do not like a specific player due to his playstyles, common inactivity, etc, then I should be free to exclude that player from my game. Also, if a player does not wish to play with another player due to in-game reasons, then they can boycott the game; if enough players boycott a game because of a person, the host can decide to exclude that player. This will result in either the excluded player to become really toxic and quit the site due to embarrassment, or to realize they are being a douchebag and try to play nicer with others.

Obviously, there are things like cheating, gamethrowing, and extreme personal attacks which need to be handled by staff (use report function!!!!!). These types should be given a site ban. It's a toxicity that will show itself in more areas than just Forum Mafia.

All of ^ combined with players consciously trying to post less & more meaningful posts, most of the issues would be solved.
    I also don’t want to discuss the game until it’s properly over. But the events lead to players DMing me about greifing and the way players interact with each other. They asked me to make this thread.
    Blink, distorted, magoroth, aivion

28. ISO #78

I also don’t want to discuss the game until it’s properly over. But the events lead to players DMing me about greifing and the way players interact with each other. They asked me to make this thread.
    Blink, distorted, magoroth, aivion
    I will comment when the game will be over btw, I just don't want to talk about ongoing game here.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

29. ISO #79
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Frag got modkill
    no, Frog replaced out and AIVION couldn't find a replacement.

30. ISO #80