Consort
    Sheriff
    Doctor
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Link to original setup

IT IS NOW DAY 1

Welcome to the super basic town. With super basic colors, super basic trees, even super basic bitches. Life is good for everyone here. No crimes… no sort of disturbances. Just nice, normal normality…

until one day, the mafia decided to come to this small and basic town to seek riches from the humble folk that live here. The mafia sent their best crew to set up a base of operations. They would start small, hitting up small pop shops and eventually worked their way up to extorting jewelry stores and even robbing banks.

Eventually, the town said that enough is enough, and banded together to try to rout out the mafia and drive them from this town so it could become that peaceful, basic bitch town that they all knew and loved.

They had a lot of work to do.

Living Players:
    @PowersThatBe
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @yzb25
    @Light_Yagami
    @Mike
    @Distorted
    @Magoroth replaced with @Stealthbomber16

Dead Players:

With 7 players alive, it is 4 votes to hammer.

Day Ends

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Last edited by AIVION; November 4th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Super Basic

Game has started! I will be using this color to answer questions that may arise. I also want to add that all players must AT LEAST post 3-5 relevant game posts a day, otherwise you will more than likely be replaced! Also please refrain from asking everyone what’s on their role cards. I know that’s obvious, but I just want to make sure it’s said.

Good luck to you all!

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

It goes without saying a lynch needs to happen today. By host meta, there'll probably be at least one player who's interpreted as "fairly experienced" on the scumteam for the sake of "balance". To my knowledge, players falling under that category are:

-me
    -PTB
    -Distorted
    -MM

Soooo

-vote PowersThatBe

To my knowledge, the other 3 players don't have many scum games.

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

Violets are blue.
    I am green.
    Distorted is Red.
    Red is Mafia.

-vote Distorted

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Have you got any thoughts that might advance the game, turnip?
    Yes.

*presses the forward button*

But I don't have enough money to progress...

8. ISO #8

Hi,

I’m working right now. I’m going to the movies after work.

I won’t be as relevant today as I should be until later tonight.

This is such a serious post for beginning of game shit post.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

9. ISO #9

-vote magoroth

Make fm less homophobic again.
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Ganelon

-vote magoroth

Make fm less homophobic again.
    Lul, I heard you started a thread to get me banned. QQ some more

12. ISO #12

Srs post:

I think this might be a smart play: sheriff should hard claim. Because at best, we have a town leader to follow should he not be cc’d. The doc has a clear target to heal, and it helps us have a poe lynch pool for scum. At worst, the sheriff is ccd and mislynched and then we get a mafia out of it anyway.

Otherwise the only other thing that could happen is consort block, but we still have the pool and we could potentially get the consort via lynch in the day anyway.

Please consider it.

K thanks
    Shut up cow.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post

And an answerhall post
    Shut up cow.

14. ISO #14
    Ganelon

At the start of Cold War you posted a few shitposts then you were like "omg no the shitposty atmosphere is helping scum" then actually contributed.

Can I expect the same now or nah?
    well, Cold War was one of my worst games, and it was a different setup. This setup is very basic and most of the strategies are fairly self-evident. Don't claim role on trial unless Consort is dead. Or if you're a Sheriff with a lead. That works too.

15. ISO #15

And it was more or less me griping at management for infracting me for “general belligerence” but didn’t do anything for actual hate speech lul. They don’t care, so why should I? I’ll just take comfort in knowing you are just unapologetically hatefilled. <3
    Shut up cow.

16. ISO #16
    Ganelon

Srs post:

I think this might be a smart play: sheriff should hard claim. Because at best, we have a town leader to follow should he not be cc’d. The doc has a clear target to heal, and it helps us have a poe lynch pool for scum. At worst, the sheriff is ccd and mislynched and then we get a mafia out of it anyway.

Otherwise the only other thing that could happen is consort block, but we still have the pool and we could potentially get the consort via lynch in the day anyway.

Please consider it.

K thanks
    If Mafia finds the Doctor on night one, and they kill the Sheriff, that could lead to a gg by Day two (Sheriff dies and Consort claims Doctor, 10/10 would fake claim again).

17. ISO #17
    Ganelon

And it was more or less me griping at management for infracting me for “general belligerence” but didn’t do anything for actual hate speech lul. They don’t care, so why should I? I’ll just take comfort in knowing you are just unapologetically hatefilled. <3
    bish did I save "kill all gays" bc I didn't. that's not hate speech.

18. ISO #18

If Mafia finds the Doctor on night one, and they kill the Sheriff, that could lead to a gg by Day two (Sheriff dies and Consort claims Doctor, 10/10 would fake claim again).
    How would they find the doc? Do you mean kill the doc?

Why would they block anyone but the sheriff?
    Shut up cow.

19. ISO #19

bish did I save "kill all gays" bc I didn't. that's not hate speech.

Hmm you should find out what that word means to gay people. In many instances, that word was the last thing members of the lgbtq heard before they had terrible things happen to them. That word is hate speech. Anyhow, this is not a place to inform the ignorant.
    Shut up cow.

20. ISO #20

-vote mike

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    Shut up cow.

21. ISO #21

Hmmm

I think it depends on whether sheriff believes he has enough rep to win a CC war on day 2. If sheriff thinks he can rely on his natural townyness to win a CC war, he certainly shouldn't bother claiming on day 1. He can get all the same benefits PTB mentioned and a lead on day 2 by claiming day 2.

If sheriff is hopeless a day 1 claim may be viable LOL

22. ISO #22
    Ganelon

How would they find the doc? Do you mean kill the doc?

Why would they block anyone but the sheriff?
    If Sheriff claims d1, it stands to reason from the Mafia's perspective that he is actually Sheriff. And thus Mafia can identify the Doctor by PoE. It's not that hard. Just one slip and there we are. We should all claim on MyLo though, that's a given.

23. ISO #23
    Ganelon

Hmmm

I think it depends on whether sheriff believes he has enough rep to win a CC war on day 2. If sheriff thinks he can rely on his natural townyness to win a CC war, he certainly shouldn't bother claiming on day 1. He can get all the same benefits PTB mentioned and a lead on day 2 by claiming day 2.

Can we see it as game-throwing if non-TPR claims TPR?

24. ISO #24
    Ganelon

Bcs I don't want to see that happen

25. ISO #25

Hmmm

That said, towns generally win CC wars unless they're truly hopeless, because they generally claim first and winning against someone who is 100% sure they're right is hard for scum. CC wars are a dumb strat.

So I don't think sheriff has much to gain from claiming day 1 tbh

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ok I am doc who do i Heal?
    I hope this is a joke.
    Shut up cow.

29. ISO #29
    Ganelon

I mean, the only situation in which I wouldn't mind if someone fake-claimed Sheriff is if they rescinded that claim while the Sheriff was still alive. If someone fake-claims Sheriff, and they're town, the tests course of action would be to wait and check them - but that could easily result in the Sheriff himself being lynched if the fake-claimer in question weren't town. Which is why it's very dangerous to fake-claim.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Only if they cc a sheriff claim and get the sheriff lynched. Otherwise it’s fine for citi to fake claim to take the night kill hit
    Shut up cow.

32. ISO #32

If Sheriff claims d1, it stands to reason from the Mafia's perspective that he is actually Sheriff. And thus Mafia can identify the Doctor by PoE. It's not that hard. Just one slip and there we are. We should all claim on MyLo though, that's a given.
    I don’t necessarily agree. But I see your point.

I just threw it out for the tprs to consider.
    Shut up cow.

33. ISO #33
    Ganelon

That said, towns generally win CC wars unless they're truly hopeless, because they generally claim first and winning against someone who is 100% sure they're right is hard for scum. CC wars are a dumb strat.

So I don't think sheriff has much to gain from claiming day 1 tbh
    Way I see it is, Sheriff checks someone (SOMEONE). Let's say I get checked. And Sheriff clears me as town. There's now a 2v2 team, and if doc successfully heals n1 town literally cannot lose. It's debatable whether Sheriff should claim d1 or not. It's very straightforward and not-very-risky if they do - if the Mafia is bad at reading or the Doctor hides himself successfully.

34. ISO #34

Only if they cc a sheriff claim and get the sheriff lynched. Otherwise it’s fine for citi to fake claim to take the night kill hit
    NO.

If you want to take the night kill hit, play well and force mafia to come for you. This is silly and gives the mafia layers of WIFOM bs.

Also, you never responded to my vote. My reasoning may be dumb, but if you plan to gloss over all other confrontations you're basically avoiding letting us read you.

35. ISO #35

I hope this is a joke.
    OR is it? I may be doc or I may be taking one for the team? So the Skum have to make s choice allow me to heal some one or take me out. Now if they take me out are they waisting a day? or Do they not take me out and waist a day? So you have to ask your self is he lying or Telling the truth? you may say he has to be lying because no way would he take that chance. Or am I????????
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

36. ISO #36

NO.

If you want to take the night kill hit, play well and force mafia to come for you. This is silly and gives the mafia layers of WIFOM bs.

Also, you never responded to my vote. My reasoning may be dumb, but if you plan to gloss over all other confrontations you're basically avoiding letting us read you.
    Bc Idc about a first post of the game vote.

Lol you’re meta the host.

How should I respond?

Oh I know!

You swine! You coward! How darest thou come forest me!
    -vote yzb25
    Shut up cow.

37. ISO #37

Way I see it is, Sheriff checks someone (SOMEONE). Let's say I get checked. And Sheriff clears me as town. There's now a 2v2 team, and if doc successfully heals n1 town literally cannot lose. It's debatable whether Sheriff should claim d1 or not. It's very straightforward and not-very-risky if they don't - if the Mafia is bad at reading or the Doctor hides himself successfully.
    I think you meant what I edited. If so, I completely agree.

38. ISO #38

It goes without saying a lynch needs to happen today. By host meta, there'll probably be at least one player who's interpreted as "fairly experienced" on the scumteam for the sake of "balance". To my knowledge, players falling under that category are:

-me
    -PTB
    -Distorted
    -MM

Soooo

-vote PowersThatBe

To my knowledge, the other 3 players don't have many scum games.
    You and mm are scum. Solved it.
    Shut up cow.

39. ISO #39

YOUrE not allowed to edit
    Shut up cow.

40. ISO #40

Bc Idc about a first post of the game vote.

Lol you’re meta the host.

How should I respond?

Oh I know!

You swine! You coward! How darest thou come forest me!
    -vote yzb25
    lul. The chain of reasoning that goes "well this read is clearly desperate and lacking in solid reasons" can be applied to the first 100 posts of every game, but I don't see you lurking until post 100. Are you just hear to chat about setup spec? :P

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42
    Ganelon

Both are risky - depending on circumstances. If the Mafia are good at reading, it's risky to claim d1. Otherwise, go for it. But you can't know in advance. :clap: :clap:

43. ISO #43
    Ganelon

Why are yzb and PTB busing first post

44. ISO #44

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    OR is it? I may be doc or I may be taking one for the team? So the Skum have to make s choice allow me to heal some one or take me out. Now if they take me out are they waisting a day? or Do they not take me out and waist a day? So you have to ask your self is he lying or Telling the truth? you may say he has to be lying because no way would he take that chance. Or am I????????
    Lul.

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47
    Ganelon

@Mike FYI the BB code for voting is [vote]yzb25[/vote] and for unvoting it's [vote]unvote[/vote]

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49
    Ganelon

Kek I failed.
    -vote Distorted

50. ISO #50
    Ganelon

Also, MM gets automatic scumpoints for not being the majority of the first 40 posts of the game. He's probably sobbing about rolling scum again after getting his ass handed to him alongside me in Cold War LOL
    If you see MM tell him I'm Reality Bender. Oh wait, he's probably going to read this anyhow @Marschmallow Marschall