JESUS!
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: JESUS!

  1. #1
    Rachyl
    Guest

    JESUS!

    praise jesus.jpg
    Praise Jesus! Son of the Most High God!!!
    I love you Jesus!

  2. #2

    Re: JESUS!

    You know what really bothers me? If someone came in here chanting about Mohammed, nobody would bat an eye and if you were to tell that person "away with yer religious propaganda/delusion", you'd be called islamophobic. This is especially true of Europe, where we just cuck ourselves with "Islamophobia" and "religious tolerance", where some countries even have laws against BLASPHEMY passed (Austria), and usually the laws aren't enforced EXCEPT when it comes to Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    You know what really bothers me? If someone came in here chanting about Mohammed, nobody would bat an eye and if you were to tell that person "away with yer religious propaganda/delusion", you'd be called islamophobic. This is especially true of Europe, where we just cuck ourselves with "Islamophobia" and "religious tolerance", where some countries even have laws against BLASPHEMY passed (Austria), and usually the laws aren't enforced EXCEPT when it comes to Islam.
    That is not true at all. People are extremely anti-Islam in general. Obviously the media and politicians are PC fanatics but that doesn't represent the typical person posting here.

  5. #5
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Your gods are fake, hail Satan.
    Jesus loves you my friend! Satan does not care about you! He abides not in the truth and is the Father of lies! Turn and repent away from that way of thinking and put your faith in Jesus Christ to save you!!!!

  6. #6

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    That is not true at all. People are extremely anti-Islam in general. Obviously the media and politicians are PC fanatics but that doesn't represent the typical person posting here.
    Uh, YES it is. White saying he doesn't like a black guy = racist, black saying he doesn't like a black guy = ok. Don't tell me this isn't real, I HAVE HAD PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF THIS. It's the same with religions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    ďAlright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.Ē

  7. #7

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    You know what really bothers me? If someone came in here chanting about Mohammed, nobody would bat an eye and if you were to tell that person "away with yer religious propaganda/delusion", you'd be called islamophobic. This is especially true of Europe, where we just cuck ourselves with "Islamophobia" and "religious tolerance", where some countries even have laws against BLASPHEMY passed (Austria), and usually the laws aren't enforced EXCEPT when it comes to Islam.
    Motion 103

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    Jesus loves you my friend! Satan does not care about you! He abides not in the truth and is the Father of lies! Turn and repent away from that way of thinking and put your faith in Jesus Christ to save you!!!!
    Have you read the book of Genesis? (Specifically chapters 2 and 3)
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  10. #10
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Have you read the book of Genesis? (Specifically chapters 2 and 3)
    OH! I love when unbelievers try to ask me if i have read the bible! YES IVE READ THE BIBLE!!!!! WHATS YOUR POINT! MAKE IT QUICK!

  11. #11

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Have you read the book of Genesis? (Specifically chapters 2 and 3)
    I just read it. I would assume that you have a problem with the "and the man shall rule over thee" part?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  12. #12

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    I just read it. I would assume that you have a problem with the "and the man shall rule over thee" part?
    Well I find it interesting that god seems to lie (he says that eating from the tree of knowledge will kill the man that same day, which does not happen) whilst the serpent (Satan) is the one who actually tells the truth.

    Now Iíve already read a bunch of defenses for this which insist that god told the truth and that the serpent was lying, but I feel like these are pretty weak arguments.

    1. God is not lying because god cannot lie as written in X, Y, and Z scripture.
    Well this argument is weak because all of those things were written AFTER Genesis so they are essentially just ret-cons against a more original text

    2. By death god meant a metaphorical or spiritual death
    I think Godís reaction in chapter 3 suggests that this is not the case. If theyíve already been punished with a spiritual/metaphorical death because they ate from the tree, why does he then need to give them additional punishments on top of that which he said nothing about before? Either he lied about them physically dying, or he told the truth about a metaphorical death but conveniently decided not to mention the additional punishments theyíd receive like birthing pains and difficulty growing crops - which if he had mentioned would have further dissuaded them from eating from the tree. I think there is further evidence in Eveís conversation with the serpent - clearly Eve at least is interpreting death as literally as I am, and the writer never suggests that she is wrong in doing so.

    3. Godís days are longer than earth days, hence God didnít lie about them dying that same day (Adam lives for like 930 years according to Bible)
    I feel like this excuse is just too much of a stretch. Why would his days be 1000+ years long and why would the writer of the text expect anybody to know that? In that case, things are so abstract for interpretation that you canít really properly interpret anything said in the Bible at all

    I dunno, it seems to me that the original text of genesis shows God lying (which wasnít such a big deal yet because the notion of Satan didnít yet exist so God was more of just an all powerful being rather than being the good guy vs some bad guy) and that later scripture writers didnít like this as it didnít really fit their vision of God so they just tried to ret-con it.

    Iíll tackle the serpent part later but Iím curious to see what your interpretation of this is Rachyl
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  13. #13

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well I find it interesting that god seems to lie (he says that eating from the tree of knowledge will kill the man that same day, which does not happen) whilst the serpent (Satan) is the one who actually tells the truth.

    Now I’ve already read a bunch of defenses for this which insist that god told the truth and that the serpent was lying, but I feel like these are pretty weak arguments.

    1. God is not lying because god cannot lie as written in X, Y, and Z scripture.
    Well this argument is weak because all of those things were written AFTER Genesis so they are essentially just ret-cons against a more original text

    2. By death god meant a metaphorical or spiritual death
    I think God’s reaction in chapter 3 suggests that this is not the case. If they’ve already been punished with a spiritual/metaphorical death because they ate from the tree, why does he then need to give them additional punishments on top of that which he said nothing about before? Either he lied about them physically dying, or he told the truth about a metaphorical death but conveniently decided not to mention the additional punishments they’d receive like birthing pains and difficulty growing crops - which if he had mentioned would have further dissuaded them from eating from the tree. I think there is further evidence in Eve’s conversation with the serpent - clearly Eve at least is interpreting death as literally as I am, and the writer never suggests that she is wrong in doing so.

    3. God’s days are longer than earth days, hence God didn’t lie about them dying that same day (Adam lives for like 930 years according to Bible)
    I feel like this excuse is just too much of a stretch. Why would his days be 1000+ years long and why would the writer of the text expect anybody to know that? In that case, things are so abstract for interpretation that you can’t really properly interpret anything said in the Bible at all

    I dunno, it seems to me that the original text of genesis shows God lying (which wasn’t such a big deal yet because the notion of Satan didn’t yet exist so God was more of just an all powerful being rather than being the good guy vs some bad guy) and that later scripture writers didn’t like this as it didn’t really fit their vision of God so they just tried to ret-con it.

    I’ll tackle the serpent part later but I’m curious to see what your interpretation of this is Rachyl
    Part of the problem with interpreting very early texts like this one is that Judaism essentially evolved from a Pagan faith (c.f., Canaanite paganism) into a monotheistic faith - and the process might not have been 100% natural. Some scholars believe that the Jewish priests completely rewrote the "Jewish faith" and tried to eliminate, or stamp out all mentions of other Gods from Judaism (which is why, especially in the Old Testament, God is given epithets like "King of Kings" or "God of Gods": at the time, Judaism was "henotheistic", which meant that the Jews (all Semites, and a few other related peoples, really) generally worshipped an individual God without denying the existence of other Gods (c.f. the worship of Ba'al Hamon by some Canaanites (like the Phoenicians).

    It's part of the reason why there's a lot of inconsistencies in the Bible.

    Parts of it I guess could also be put down to "translation errors"; the Bible is definitely meant to be read as being highly allegorical; note the sentence structure and the choice of words. Quite poetic, isn't it? There's a phrase in there that really throws me off, specifically "named her woman, for (...)". That makes absolutely no sense in English from any standpoint, as woman is not descended from man at all; I would wager a guess that the original translator (I'm talking about the King James Bible here) probably thought that the word "woman" is etymologically descended from man, when in fact it isn't the case; man originally meant human, and in Old English the distinction was between "wif-man" (literally female human) and were-man (male).

    Also:

    2. Good point.

    3. About the years thing; some ancient calenders were Lunar calendars, while I wouldn't venture as far as to say that maybe 1 month = 1 year, it's also important to note that the Bible is highly allegorical; I don't believe all of this is meant literally. Using your example, let's take this and run. with it: "The day you surrender to fear/corwadice is the day you die." This is supposed to be a rephrasing of the quote "Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once." The years thing and the fact that his descendants' lifespan decreases could actually be seen as evidence of the "moral degradation" of human kind. Adam was far, far closer to God, both personally and in Faith (he didn't exactly have to believe in God, as he literally spoke to him every day), than his descendants were. An allegorical interpretation could definitely make some sense here, especially given that Sabbath was more or less intended to lengthen life-span.

    Also, about Satan; the Jews were pretty divided on that issue. Some schools of thought actually held Satan (which btw simply means "adversary" or "enemy" in Hebrew). was God's Judge and right hand, and that his mission was to test people's faith by attempting to seduce them into sin. So yeah it wasn't necessarily a good vs evil situation, but it was definitely developing to be one.
    Last edited by Ganelon; November 1st, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.

  14. #14
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well I find it interesting that god seems to lie (he says that eating from the tree of knowledge will kill the man that same day, which does not happen) whilst the serpent (Satan) is the one who actually tells the truth.

    Now Iíve already read a bunch of defenses for this which insist that god told the truth and that the serpent was lying, but I feel like these are pretty weak arguments.

    1. God is not lying because god cannot lie as written in X, Y, and Z scripture.
    Well this argument is weak because all of those things were written AFTER Genesis so they are essentially just ret-cons against a more original text

    2. By death god meant a metaphorical or spiritual death
    I think Godís reaction in chapter 3 suggests that this is not the case. If theyíve already been punished with a spiritual/metaphorical death because they ate from the tree, why does he then need to give them additional punishments on top of that which he said nothing about before? Either he lied about them physically dying, or he told the truth about a metaphorical death but conveniently decided not to mention the additional punishments theyíd receive like birthing pains and difficulty growing crops - which if he had mentioned would have further dissuaded them from eating from the tree. I think there is further evidence in Eveís conversation with the serpent - clearly Eve at least is interpreting death as literally as I am, and the writer never suggests that she is wrong in doing so.

    3. Godís days are longer than earth days, hence God didnít lie about them dying that same day (Adam lives for like 930 years according to Bible)
    I feel like this excuse is just too much of a stretch. Why would his days be 1000+ years long and why would the writer of the text expect anybody to know that? In that case, things are so abstract for interpretation that you canít really properly interpret anything said in the Bible at all

    I dunno, it seems to me that the original text of genesis shows God lying (which wasnít such a big deal yet because the notion of Satan didnít yet exist so God was more of just an all powerful being rather than being the good guy vs some bad guy) and that later scripture writers didnít like this as it didnít really fit their vision of God so they just tried to ret-con it.

    Iíll tackle the serpent part later but Iím curious to see what your interpretation of this is Rachyl
    well God is sure as heck NOT a sinner that is for sure if thats what you are getting at. and Adam and Eve died spiritually when they ate from the fruit of the ftree of knowledge of good and evil. See that just reinforces my point that Satan is a liar and the father of them! "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. Satan lied to her and she did die, Speaking to a group of Jews, Jesus says, ďYou belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of liesĒ. We can trust what Jesus says about him, and Jesus is the author and finisher of my faith i have no reason not to trust what he says in the gospels. The bible is 100% the word of God. Fact!

  15. #15
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Well I find it interesting that god seems to lie (he says that eating from the tree of knowledge will kill the man that same day, which does not happen) whilst the serpent (Satan) is the one who actually tells the truth.

    Now Iíve already read a bunch of defenses for this which insist that god told the truth and that the serpent was lying, but I feel like these are pretty weak arguments.

    1. God is not lying because god cannot lie as written in X, Y, and Z scripture.
    Well this argument is weak because all of those things were written AFTER Genesis so they are essentially just ret-cons against a more original text

    2. By death god meant a metaphorical or spiritual death
    I think Godís reaction in chapter 3 suggests that this is not the case. If theyíve already been punished with a spiritual/metaphorical death because they ate from the tree, why does he then need to give them additional punishments on top of that which he said nothing about before? Either he lied about them physically dying, or he told the truth about a metaphorical death but conveniently decided not to mention the additional punishments theyíd receive like birthing pains and difficulty growing crops - which if he had mentioned would have further dissuaded them from eating from the tree. I think there is further evidence in Eveís conversation with the serpent - clearly Eve at least is interpreting death as literally as I am, and the writer never suggests that she is wrong in doing so.

    3. Godís days are longer than earth days, hence God didnít lie about them dying that same day (Adam lives for like 930 years according to Bible)
    I feel like this excuse is just too much of a stretch. Why would his days be 1000+ years long and why would the writer of the text expect anybody to know that? In that case, things are so abstract for interpretation that you canít really properly interpret anything said in the Bible at all

    I dunno, it seems to me that the original text of genesis shows God lying (which wasnít such a big deal yet because the notion of Satan didnít yet exist so God was more of just an all powerful being rather than being the good guy vs some bad guy) and that later scripture writers didnít like this as it didnít really fit their vision of God so they just tried to ret-con it.

    Iíll tackle the serpent part later but Iím curious to see what your interpretation of this is Rachyl
    And by the way the reason why the bible doesn't make sense to you is because you need the Holy Spirit (The third person of the Trinity) to understand the scriptures. without it, you are blind. Jesus says you must be born again to enter into the kingdom of God. "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

  16. #16

    Re: JESUS!

    I like this, Aamirus you are kinda right, especially on the 3rd point. People seem to forget that in the old days, before Jesus was born, God wasn't the lord of mercy and happiness or whatever. He was God Almighty, the jealous god, and punished people for nothing (didn't God hit super hard on some very pious guy just to prove to Satan that the guy was pious?)

    Not very merciful, heh?


    There's one thing you're missing, though, and I think Rachyl is missing it even more than you... The point of religion is not to say that this is what happened for real nowadays. We have proofs that the world was not created 4000 years ago. We also have proofs that we are "evolved" monkeys. The point of religion is to give guidelines to people, in order to live better and/or to keep order in society. To keep people to have a common thinking line. I think that what Christianism preaches is good, but that being the slave of an ultimate being to who you owe everything is bad.

    I'll take a quote from a Zen master I don't remember the name of: By telling the disabled man "Stand up!", Jesus did not save him. He only put him in a deeper disabling: the servitude to a God almighty that had his fate in his hands. In order to actually free him, he should have said "You may walk now".

    This is translated by myself from my own memory so you might not find the quote if u search for it, but you get the idea.



    I'll finish with this: If you really think that everything in the Bible is true, do two things: 1: use logic, for God's sake and your own, and 2: Don't tell people they're going to hell if they follow the path of the Bible without believing that what is in it really happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    ďAlright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.Ē

  17. #17

    Re: JESUS!

    And about Satan. Don't you realize it's very convenient to have an evil being to punish people who might rebel against the established power? It was not supposed to be the Lord of Evil when Satan was first created, just a force that exists in the Universe, part of the Creation. Check zoroastrian religion
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    ďAlright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.Ē

  18. #18
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    And about Satan. Don't you realize it's very convenient to have an evil being to punish people who might rebel against the established power? It was not supposed to be the Lord of Evil when Satan was first created, just a force that exists in the Universe, part of the Creation. Check zoroastrian religion
    zoroasrianism is straight trash the only true religion is christianity. Demons dont care about you. Only a demon possessed person would say to check out zoroastrianism. because you are actually working for the devil. believe the gospel and be set free. 1 corinthians 15 1-4 : )

  19. #19

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    zoroasrianism is straight trash the only true religion is christianity. Demons dont care about you. Only a demon possessed person would say to check out zoroastrianism. because you are actually working for the devil. believe the gospel and be set free. 1 corinthians 15 1-4 : )
    OMG I AM NOT SAYING I BELIEVE IN ZOROASTRIANISM LOL

    I am saying to check how the concept of Satan, "our" Satan, the Christian one, was created. And it starts with zoroastrianism, as far as I know, and I've made some researches on that.

    On the other hand, you're saying everyone but christians from your doctrine are unbelievers that are going to hell. So, kindly, fuck off with this. Also, doesn't Satan look at us to try to make us fall in sins and hell? That's not what I'd call not caring. It's not GOOD caring, but according to Christianism, Satan doesn't ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I wanted to buy a kinder egg in usa. But apparently they arn't sold because they are too dangerous.
    So I bought two assault rifles instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Imagine this convo going down in real life
    ďAlright Enzo come shoot my house up tonight, someone else will be there. I think. Most likely.Ē

  20. #20

    Re: JESUS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    zoroasrianism is straight trash the only true religion is christianity. Demons dont care about you. Only a demon possessed person would say to check out zoroastrianism. because you are actually working for the devil. believe the gospel and be set free. 1 corinthians 15 1-4 : )
    How do you know Zoroaster wasnít a legitimate prophet of God? Is there anything in the Christian scriptures that actually states that heís a false prophet? I know several religions like Islam generally accept him as a legitimate prophet but Iím not sure about Christianity
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

 

 

Members who have read this thread: 24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •