1. ISO #1

RachylMellow: 1-S2-1-8062177

Account Name: RachylMellow
    Account ID: 1-S2-1-8062177
    In-Game Name: Rachyl & Balthy

Crimes Committed: Game-throwing

Your Account Name: Exeter

Summary:
    Picks the name "Rachyl & Balthy" and rolls Consigliere in slot #9. Her teammates are #5 (Consigliere) and #4 (Godfather).

N1: Investigates Balthy (#11) and discovers that he is a Vigilante.

D2: PMs Balthy immediately, telling him to shoot #5 (Consigliere) because he is evil. Balthy replies by asking what role RachylMellow is. RachylMellow replies that she is a Consigliere. Balthy responds by declining, saying that it's a gamethrow and he doesn't want RachylMellow to get banned.

The rest of the game proceeds more or less normally. However, RachylMellow strangely decides to take no night action from N3 onward until the game ends on D5 with a Town victory, despite participating in day chat and votes.

There are three points I want to raise:
    1. Rachyl investigates, approaches and informs Balthy that #5 (her teammate) is evil, based on OOG relations.
    2. Rachyl reveals her real role without hesitation when asked, despite being on opposing teams.
    3. Balthy does not act upon Rachyl's information by shooting her or #5 at night.

1. There is nothing inherently wrong with RachylMellow investigating and approaching a player she knows because "meta has always been a part of the game".

There is nothing inherently wrong with telling the Vigilante that #5 (Consigliere), her own teammate, is evil, since it could be a ruse to buy credibility for herself later in the game.

However, that this act was a carefully thought-out strategy is unlikely due to point 2.

2. RachylMellow is gamethrowing by revealing her evil alignment to a known member of the opposing faction, confirmed through her own investigation.

It is clear at this point that she intends to gamethrow by helping the Vigilante.

3. Based on his reaction to RachylMellow's words, it seems that Balthy does not doubt the truth of what RachylMellow told him.

However, he refrains from shooting #5 (Consigliere) or her anyway, possibly to avoid being accused of cheating, or in his own words ("I don't want you to get banned") to avoid implicating RachylMellow for gamethrowing.

What I wish to emphasise here is that RachylMellow's attempt to gamethrow, which Balthy chose not to play along with, has already altered the game beyond its natural course by influencing Balthy's decisions.

That the Town ultimately won anyway without RachylMellow's information does not excuse her attempt to gamethrow.

INTENTIONS
    If all had gone as RachylMellow intended, her information would have secured the Town 2 out of 4 evils by D3 (Town lynches one and Vigi shoots the other), which would have given Town a massive advantage no matter how bad the Town later turned out to be.

Additionally, I believe that even if Town had been on the losing end, Balthy would STILL have kept his gun and mouth quiet to the end of the game anyway, simply so as to not be accused of cheating, and so as to avoid implicating RachylMellow for gamethrowing.

The problem is that Town won the game swiftly anyway through a combination of luck and skill, so there was no real difference to the outcome. But because you punish based on intent, not actual outcomes, I hope you will consider my arguments above.

That Balthy chose not to play along and avoid cheating/gamethrowing accusations was his intent.

That RachylMellow wanted to gamethrow by helping the Vigilante against her own team was her intention. Balthy's refusal to cooperate does not change what she was trying to do.

Additionally, I don't think that RachylMellow's intentions were changed by Balthy's advice, because she strangely chooses not to take any night actions from N3 onwards, give her findings to her Godfather at any point in the game despite his prompts, or give a proper defense on trial.

This is unusual, even for her - I can attach a number of replays where she is "playing properly" and you will see that she is fully capable of cooperating in night chat and creating plausible and passionate defenses.

All of this indicate that she is STILL trying to help Balthy by giving Town an advantage, going against her own wincon, despite his refusal to act on her information.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Exeter350; October 29th, 2018 at 01:44 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.