QUESTION about griefing
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: QUESTION about griefing

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuton View Post
    Is ti griefing if someone purposely aims you in a game? i have this cunt that keeps targetting me and on n1 in mafia chat he just goes "time to get fuuton" and disguises me

the problem is he does it every game

can this be considered griefing/trolling ?
    yes.

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Yarp

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Yep. And this kind of stuff is kinda annoying... The lynch train always gets attacked like 3 times during N1, so it's impossible to do anything without being dead or just confirmed town because a bg killed everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #7

Lol, I just made an account on this site to find out if Fuuton is serious, and yep, here he is. Okay, so I'm the cunt he's talking about, and yes, I was going to kill him N1 as a member of the Triad if I could recognise him, but funnily enough, when I asked in Triad chat which player they think is Fuuton, a player with the name "Felicia" said that they were in fact Fuuton, and then I laughed about it, and decided to hit another player with the name of "Sarah" instead. As you can see from that particular interaction, I had no true ill will towards Fuuton to the point where I would hound him in Mafia games, only in a playful manner, I mean, I have to try to kill somebody N1, right? It is inconsequential if I on one occasion I decide to target Fuuton in that particular game, I'm allowed to target whatever non-Mafia player I so desire as Mafia. If "Sarah" actually happened to be a Veteran, then this would never have gone any further than that game. But no, "Sarah" was not a Veteran as it turned out, and died, and I took his place within the purview of my role as Disguiser. Later on in that game, the Town begin to suspect that there is a Disguiser and even aim those suspicions at me, and I am put up on trial to give my account. I succeed in tricking town into believing that I am a Sheriff, and it seems like all is well. Then right after I was inno'd, Fuuton decides to pause and unpause the game 3 times, which I can only guess was an attempt to breach the barrier of game "death" and communicate with Town that the new "Sarah" is actually me, the Disguiser. Thankfully, nobody seemed to give these antics any gainway, and we ended up winning that game in the end IIRC. Later on, I get a few private messages from Fuuton, where he threatens to have me banned because he believes that I am griefing him by specifically targeting him in game. He revealed to me in those private messages that he was in fact the player "Sarah."
    So let me get this straight for you all:
    A:I thought Fuuton was "Felicia", a fellow Mafia.
    B:I thought "Sarah" was another player, a player who proved problematic in another game where I was Triad and I decided to take him out early to make sure he could not be of any use to Town in that particular session.
    C:When I disguised myself as "Sarah," Fuuton's player name for that session, he attempted to break the game rules by communicating with Town as a dead player by pausing the game after I was inno'd, if anybody else who was Town in that game knew that Fuuton was "Sarah," then they just got a huge hint that I was not who I was saying I was.
    D:This is against the spirit of the game, and is breaking the rules, the irony being the very thinghe is trying to claim that I was doing.

Fuuton is trying to preemptively get me in trouble with SC2Mafia out of revenge for some perceived slight that he took before the game began, and he is mixing his encounters with other players with our own interactions, and claimed he had "connections enough" to get me banned. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

8. ISO #8

Chill, unless he reports you, it doesn't matter anyway.

If he does, you can copy and paste that defense, it looks well-reasoned.

The factors that I think are relevant here are: (1) actions or words that indicate a knowledge of his player identity, and (2) actions or words that indicate that killing him was done out of spite (e.g. taunting, arguing). If these can be established, then a case can be made, but both seem to be absent based on your account of what happened.

Another point of contention is that he claims an unnamed player targets him him every game, but you claim it was a one-off thing. Since replays in SC2 are automatically saved, it should be no problem for (and indeed should be the onus of) the accuser to supply evidence that it was in fact a problem spanning multiple games. Therefore if it was really only a one-time thing, you can at least easily debunk this point, which in turn will harm the credibility of the rest of the report due to a tendency to exaggerate.

However, only the replay(s) will tell what really happened in the game.

But you know, just chill. Unless he files a report, he's just venting. He didn't even mention your name so he's not badmouthing anybody. All just take it easy fams.

^ Saying all of this as Fuuton's friend btw. All just chill. Life's good.
    Last edited by Exeter350; November 3rd, 2018 at 12:01 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

9. ISO #9

Targeting a specific player can be griefing. -But- The format of the game is anon to prevent this. -If- you choose to do the same name every game to bypass the Anon process you do loose the protection it provides and open yourself to predatory gameplay. That does not excuse predatory gameplay but unless the player is grabbing game data from the SC2 client you can insulate yourself from these practices.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Da FuZzMeIsTeR View Post
    Lol, I just made an account on this site to find out if Fuuton is serious, and yep, here he is. Okay, so I'm the cunt he's talking about, and yes, I was going to kill him N1 as a member of the Triad if I could recognise him, but funnily enough, when I asked in Triad chat which player they think is Fuuton, a player with the name "Felicia" said that they were in fact Fuuton, and then I laughed about it, and decided to hit another player with the name of "Sarah" instead. As you can see from that particular interaction, I had no true ill will towards Fuuton to the point where I would hound him in Mafia games, only in a playful manner, I mean, I have to try to kill somebody N1, right? It is inconsequential if I on one occasion I decide to target Fuuton in that particular game, I'm allowed to target whatever non-Mafia player I so desire as Mafia. If "Sarah" actually happened to be a Veteran, then this would never have gone any further than that game. But no, "Sarah" was not a Veteran as it turned out, and died, and I took his place within the purview of my role as Disguiser. Later on in that game, the Town begin to suspect that there is a Disguiser and even aim those suspicions at me, and I am put up on trial to give my account. I succeed in tricking town into believing that I am a Sheriff, and it seems like all is well. Then right after I was inno'd, Fuuton decides to pause and unpause the game 3 times, which I can only guess was an attempt to breach the barrier of game "death" and communicate with Town that the new "Sarah" is actually me, the Disguiser. Thankfully, nobody seemed to give these antics any gainway, and we ended up winning that game in the end IIRC. Later on, I get a few private messages from Fuuton, where he threatens to have me banned because he believes that I am griefing him by specifically targeting him in game. He revealed to me in those private messages that he was in fact the player "Sarah."
    So let me get this straight for you all:
    A:I thought Fuuton was "Felicia", a fellow Mafia.
    B:I thought "Sarah" was another player, a player who proved problematic in another game where I was Triad and I decided to take him out early to make sure he could not be of any use to Town in that particular session.
    C:When I disguised myself as "Sarah," Fuuton's player name for that session, he attempted to break the game rules by communicating with Town as a dead player by pausing the game after I was inno'd, if anybody else who was Town in that game knew that Fuuton was "Sarah," then they just got a huge hint that I was not who I was saying I was.
    D:This is against the spirit of the game, and is breaking the rules, the irony being the very thinghe is trying to claim that I was doing.

Fuuton is trying to preemptively get me in trouble with SC2Mafia out of revenge for some perceived slight that he took before the game began, and he is mixing his encounters with other players with our own interactions, and claimed he had "connections enough" to get me banned. Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?
    tl;dr

you're a bitch and I made you anxious!!!

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    Don't be a rochyl pls.
    Dont be an Exeter, he picks on defenseless woman like the true coward that he is

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Yep. And this kind of stuff is kinda annoying... The lynch train always gets attacked like 3 times during N1, so it's impossible to do anything without being dead or just confirmed town because a bg killed everyone.
    I rember having chinese language as my nickname and i always died n1 because everyone knew it was me.
    Pepole that didn't knew it was me killed me because they throught i'm chinese and they're racist cunts.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16