The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 121
  1. #81

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Ya but doing an "ISO" (which is of debatable usefulness, IMO) is time-consuming. MU have a specialized ISO function that allows you to simply click on the posts you want to ISO. And then. when you're done, just click *reply with quote*. Doesn't take all that much.
    Isnt that how this site works? Multi-quote the posts you want, then reply with quote? There are actually a few ways to do it, but really ISOs do suck. Its basically taking dozens of posts of out context lol

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  2. #82

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Isnt that how this site works? Multi-quote the posts you want, then reply with quote? There are actually a few ways to do it, but really ISOs do suck. Its basically taking dozens of posts of out context lol
    I agree with mag here: it would be really nice to have that. A lot of people are like "WOOOOW SO GOOOOOD" when they see that because it's useful to simply check people's posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  3. #83

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Well if u guys want shit you should look up vb4 plugins to see whats possible

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  4. #84

  5. #85

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    The time has come to necro! I've been looking through FM discussion threads pertaining to the site's evolution and the plans to make it better. If you have ideas, this is the place to share them!
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    When I tell people about this place, a lot of them seem interested. The main thing that puts people off is they open the site up and their first impression is: "this site looks like it's from 2004 and might give a virus" XD.
    Can you tell me why they think that lol? It's a good way to know what is to improve.

    Also, thanks to @Frog for his contributions, and to all others! Know that your thoughts are not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  6. #86

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Given that the player base has substantially increased in recent weeks, I’ve started toying with the idea of actually running the FM (New York) we were gonna run.
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake. Anyone who uses scum syntax will be lynched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    lmao he is the baby in your picture

  7. #87

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganelon View Post
    Given that the player base has substantially increased in recent weeks, I’ve started toying with the idea of actually running the FM (New York) we were gonna run.
    It's too large for now, sadly. However, it's a good idea to plan a bigger game soon! I've been toying with the idea of a bigger setup that we would play as a cross-community game. The setup would be a non-experimental one for 16-20 players, ideally closer to 16 than to 20, with some level of lore from the host (at his discretion). If anyone has suggestions for either an old setup or elements of a new setup, or wants to create a setup, it would be great!
    Setup-makers... wink wink
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  8. #88

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    It's too large for now, sadly. However, it's a good idea to plan a bigger game soon! I've been toying with the idea of a bigger setup that we would play as a cross-community game. The setup would be a non-experimental one for 16-20 players, ideally closer to 16 than to 20, with some level of lore from the host (at his discretion). If anyone has suggestions for either an old setup or elements of a new setup, or wants to create a setup, it would be great!
    Setup-makers... wink wink
    We've probably got 14 currently, some of which just came off break... Soon it could work.

  9. #89

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    The bigger thing in general is retention, and I feel that a lot of the old concerns expressed in this thread still hold true. It's not so easy for me to express everything formally in a single post but I would be fine doing a Discord group discussion or something.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

  10. #90

  11. #91

  12. #92

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The time has come to necro! I've been looking through FM discussion threads pertaining to the site's evolution and the plans to make it better. If you have ideas, this is the place to share them!

    Can you tell me why they think that lol? It's a good way to know what is to improve.

    Also, thanks to @Frog for his contributions, and to all others! Know that your thoughts are not forgotten
    I'm don't know how to explain the gut reactions of my friends because I'm not a site designer lol. For what it's worth, I'm really fond of the site's aesthetic and interface. I'm probably too familiar with the site to assess it objectively.

    If you held a gun to my head and forced me to give some kind of commentary, I might raise an issue with the colour palette on the front page. Though I understand the obvious thematic incentive to go for a black and red colour scheme on the front page, I'm not sure the way it's done... harmonizes... Again I'm not a site designer and I might be picking at something that doesn't exist.

    Also, the original post I made seemed to imply I might have asked 20 people how they felt about the site, but that was actually just the reaction of 3 separate people. I'm not sure if the 3 people who said that generalize to a wider population. Maybe we should ask some newbies who may still remember their first reaction instead. That said, all the active members including the newbies have a massive sample bias as people who evidently liked or were apathetic to the aesthetic, or at least understood the intention coming from sc2mafia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  13. #93

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Like, I look at general discussion, and now I stop and really stare at it, I realize there's 7 different things that I can click on (8 including the cap but the cap is a dud). One button is a subscribe button that allows me to get email updates about new posts in general discussion. One button gives me the "RSS feed" of general discussion, one allows me to see the account of the last person who posted in general discussion (lol) and the last 4 take me to various parts of general discussion.

    This is a wet dream for people who have been on this site for years, but I think someone visiting the site for the first time might just want a single, fat button that takes them to general discussion, and an option tucked away somewhere to give themselves more buttons to click on when they get familiar with their first few buttons lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  14. #94

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    I personally believe adding that the way to sign to a FM is writing /sign in the Sign Ups would be a great idea.

    This might sound stupid, but I remember years ago when I wanted to take part in FM and I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I didn't even know if there was something else behind writing /sign or something, how would I get my role, if I only needed to write -vote X to vote someone... Writing all these little details in a clear way so anyone can find it would be a good idea.


    Thank you Anonymous Donor

  15. #95

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I personally believe adding that the way to sign to a FM is writing /sign in the Sign Ups would be a great idea.

    This might sound stupid, but I remember years ago when I wanted to take part in FM and I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I didn't even know if there was something else behind writing /sign or something, how would I get my role, if I only needed to write -vote X to vote someone... Writing all these little details in a clear way so anyone can find it would be a good idea.
    Fuck, now you point it out that's so true lol. Everyone always needs to ask how to vote and half the people who sign aren't sure if they're "doing the command right" or whatever XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

  16. #96

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Fuck, now you point it out that's so true lol. Everyone always needs to ask how to vote and half the people who sign aren't sure if they're "doing the command right" or whatever XD.
    Yeah. I remember being afraid of writing /sign and looking stupid lol.


    Thank you Anonymous Donor

  17. #97

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    We've probably got 14 currently, some of which just came off break... Soon it could work.
    With a cross-community character to the game, it would probably work. There are plenty of people on MU, surely some would enjoy playing a game that's a bit bigger here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovath View Post
    The bigger thing in general is retention, and I feel that a lot of the old concerns expressed in this thread still hold true. It's not so easy for me to express everything formally in a single post but I would be fine doing a Discord group discussion or something.
    A lot of the old concerns about the site's meta have been addressed. As for retention, to some extent, it comes down to that: we cannot control people's lives. If they go on a break, it's 1) not always something bad for the person and 2) not something we can do much about. If you're in the SC2 Mafia server (the one that is linked on the homepage of the forum), it could be interesting to talk about this if you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  18. #98

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Alexa, shuffle "classical for sleep"
    xD
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I'm don't know how to explain the gut reactions of my friends because I'm not a site designer lol. For what it's worth, I'm really fond of the site's aesthetic and interface. I'm probably too familiar with the site to assess it objectively.

    If you held a gun to my head and forced me to give some kind of commentary, I might raise an issue with the colour palette on the front page. Though I understand the obvious thematic incentive to go for a black and red colour scheme on the front page, I'm not sure the way it's done... harmonizes... Again I'm not a site designer and I might be picking at something that doesn't exist.

    Also, the original post I made seemed to imply I might have asked 20 people how they felt about the site, but that was actually just the reaction of 3 separate people. I'm not sure if the 3 people who said that generalize to a wider population. Maybe we should ask some newbies who may still remember their first reaction instead. That said, all the active members including the newbies have a massive sample bias as people who evidently liked or were apathetic to the aesthetic, or at least understood the intention coming from sc2mafia.
    Ahh, ok. Just like you, I love the site's aesthetics, and did so ever since I joined. It looks like other members around think the same, so perhaps it's not that much of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Like, I look at general discussion, and now I stop and really stare at it, I realize there's 7 different things that I can click on (8 including the cap but the cap is a dud). One button is a subscribe button that allows me to get email updates about new posts in general discussion. One button gives me the "RSS feed" of general discussion, one allows me to see the account of the last person who posted in general discussion (lol) and the last 4 take me to various parts of general discussion.

    This is a wet dream for people who have been on this site for years, but I think someone visiting the site for the first time might just want a single, fat button that takes them to general discussion, and an option tucked away somewhere to give themselves more buttons to click on when they get familiar with their first few buttons lol.
    This may look dumb, but does anyone ever use the buttons for subscribing and RSS feed stuff? If not, that could probably be removed. However, the "last post in the section/thread/whatever" buttons are very useful to follow the forum's activity, along with the nice hat that changes color when you read things in the section. That should stay. Plus, they're not as mysterious as the small subscribe button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I personally believe adding that the way to sign to a FM is writing /sign in the Sign Ups would be a great idea.

    This might sound stupid, but I remember years ago when I wanted to take part in FM and I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I didn't even know if there was something else behind writing /sign or something, how would I get my role, if I only needed to write -vote X to vote someone... Writing all these little details in a clear way so anyone can find it would be a good idea.
    Haha that's true! Time to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  19. #99

    Re: The status of SC2 Mafia FM, and how we can (and must) improve it

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I personally believe adding that the way to sign to a FM is writing /sign in the Sign Ups would be a great idea.

    This might sound stupid, but I remember years ago when I wanted to take part in FM and I wasn't sure what was going on at all. I didn't even know if there was something else behind writing /sign or something, how would I get my role, if I only needed to write -vote X to vote someone... Writing all these little details in a clear way so anyone can find it would be a good idea.
    I created an announcement in the Signups section telling people to post /sign in open signups threads to sign for games. It won't appear in the signups threads themselves, but hosts can state it in their opening post anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Hey peter View Post
    There are two wolves inside you. One is addicted to crack. The other one is also addicted to crack. You are addicted to crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    MM IS AN ANTI-VAXXER
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Mallow are you really an anti vaxxer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?

  20. #100

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •