[Approved Experimental] S-FM Lovers' Talk (12P)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Lovers' Talk (12P)

S-FM Lovers' Talk

GodFather
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Usurper

Talker
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Mechanics
    Spoiler : Mechanics :

Lynch: majority + plurality.

All players are divided into pairs that share their lives and have a private chat.

Citizens do not know their partner's alignment.

Talker's ability does not influence whom do players share their lives with.

Mafia have a private chat.

Only the Usurper is informed of their team mates roles.

Days last 48 hours or until someone dies.

If Kill and Lynch happen around the same time - only the chronologically first will happen, triggering the end of the day.

Last Wills active (PM Host).

Nightless.

Roles
    Spoiler : Roles :

Town
    Spoiler : Town :

Citizen
    You have the power to vote.
    You are paired with someone else whom you share a chat and your live with.

Talker
    You are paired with a Citizen with whom you share a chat and your live with.
    Twice per game, you can either join someone elses "Pair Chat" or Invite someone to join yours.
    If you choose to join someone elses, you can choose to invite your "partner" too or not.
    If you choose to invite someone to yours, you can choose to invite their "partner" too or not.
    Your actions do not influence whom do players share their lives with.

Mafia
    Spoiler : Mafia :

GodFather
    You share a chat with other Mafia members.
    You are paired with a Citizen whom you share a chat and your live with.
    You can once in game kill someone by PMing the Host.

Mafia Goon
    You can once in game kill someone by PMing the Host, if the Godfather and Usurper are dead and didn't use a kill yet.

Mafia Usurper
    To win, you have to win as Mafia with the Godfather dead.
    You can once in game kill someone by PMing the Host, if the Godfatherr is dead and didn't use a kill yet.

Possible Feedback
    Spoiler : Possible Feedback :

You or your "partner" got killed by the mafia. You are dead.

You or your "partner" got lynched. You are dead.

You got invited to join a pair chat.

You and your "partner" got invited to join a pair chat.

Someone joined your pair chat.

Win Conditions
    Town: Eliminate all Mafia.
    Mafia: Have Mafia players count be on par with Towns player count.
    Mafia Usurper: See the GodFather dead and win with the Mafia.

Order of Operations
    Nightless

Rules of Conduct
    1. Forum Mafia Rules
    2. To ask the Host a question, you must highlight the question in white, and mention the host.
    3. Directly quoting any feedback or PM by the host is forbidden.
    4. Stay active! (Host is the judge of that)
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 19th, 2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: name change

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Let's Talk 2.0

@Marshmallow Marshall
    Feel free to Review

• Removed Jester Ahmed's role and it's associated role card, possible feedback and win condition.

• Changed lynch mechanic and day length.

• Clarified in both - game mechanics and Talkers role card - that his actions do not influence whom do people share their lifes with.

• Changed some other wordings in Game Mechanics. (please review)

• Slight changes in Rules of Conduct. (please review) And also:
      • I am unsure of the " Minimum of 10 posts per game day." rule, now that lynches and mafia kills can make days last shorter..
      • I am unsure of the "Do not post links to other websites." rule, since it disallows memes and videos.
      • I am unsure of keeping the link to the standard FM rules - as one of them is "You may not rage quit", which is unreasonable for my taste.
        • What is "Autoplay"?
    Last edited by OzyWho; December 6th, 2019 at 05:34 AM.

3. ISO #3

Mechanics

Similarly to the first Let's Talk setup, this is an experimental setup, because the amount of lovers and possible strange deaths is really high.

What happens for the Mafia Usurper if the Godfather's lover gets lynched?

Making the 240 hours days mechanic more obvious on the setup page would be good, so that people don't sign without realizing what they're getting into.

Other than that, the mechanics seem good.

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    Feel free to Review

• Removed Jester Ahmed's role and it's associated role card, possible feedback and win condition.

• Changed lynch mechanic and day length.

• Clarified in both - game mechanics and Talkers role card - that his actions do not influence whom do people share their lifes with.

• Changed some other wordings in Game Mechanics. (please review)

• Slight changes in Rules of Conduct. (please review) And also:
      • I am unsure of the " Minimum of 10 posts per game day." rule, now that lynches and mafia kills can make days last shorter..
      • I am unsure of the "Do not post links to other websites." rule, since it disallows memes and videos.
      • I am unsure of keeping the link to the standard FM rules - as one of them is "You may not rage quit", which is unreasonable for my taste.
        • What is "Autoplay"?

The setup will require rules on activity to avoid having long days of inactivity. I suggest 25 posts per game day (which means 25 posts per 10 real life days).

Ragequitting the game would mean that the players would become inactive for no valid reason. Why would you want to allow such a thing to happen? Of course, you cannot control how people live their lives, but having it in the rules will prevent the rulebreakers from hurting other games' quality.

Although I have never seen such a thing, I believe that autoplay is any sound-making thing that plays automatically, without having the user click something beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Mechanics

Similarly to the first Let's Talk setup, this is an experimental setup, because the amount of lovers and possible strange deaths is really high.

What happens for the Mafia Usurper if the Godfather's lover gets lynched?
    Godfather is dead, thats what Usurper wants

Making the 240 hours days mechanic more obvious on the setup page would be good, so that people don't sign without realizing what they're getting into.
    I actually changed it back to 48 hours lol. A mechanic like that can be changed in signup page anyway

Other than that, the mechanics seem good.

Rules

The setup will require rules on activity to avoid having long days of inactivity. I suggest 25 posts per game day (which means 25 posts per 10 real life days).
    I just added "4. Stay active! (Host is the judge of that)"

Ragequitting the game would mean that the players would become inactive for no valid reason. Why would you want to allow such a thing to happen? Of course, you cannot control how people live their lives, but having it in the rules will prevent the rulebreakers from hurting other games' quality.
    ragequitting means subbing out and letting someone else in your slot when you don't want to play anymore. I see that as reasonable tbh.

Although I have never seen such a thing, I believe that autoplay is any sound-making thing that plays automatically, without having the user click something beforehand.
    I don't believe such a thing exist tbh. :P
    green
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    If you approve this, could you rename it to Let's Talk and delete the original Let's Talk setup? The website doesn't allow me to do either.
    Besides. Both setups are same except that awful Jester Ahmed is out.

5. ISO #5

green
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    If you approve this, could you rename it to Let's Talk and delete the original Let's Talk setup? The website doesn't allow me to do either.
    Besides. Both setups are same except that awful Jester Ahmed is out.
    Then you should change the Usurper's wincon to "See the Godfather dead and win with the Mafia.", to avoid confusion.

Lol ok for the phase lenght, that's true.

Good activity rule.

That's asking for a replacement, not "ragequitting". It is indeed reasonable. Plus, your definition of "ragequitting" wouldn't work in a rule, because an angry player could just make up any other reason that looks valid to be replaced out without issues. Therefore, the link to the rules is completely good.

Well, yeah, but the rule must be there for a reason, eh? It's probably the easiest rule to follow

Sure. This setup will be renamed to S-FM Let's Talk (12P) with the Experimental label, and the other setup will be renamed to Let's Talk (Archived Original Setup), and placed in the FM Archive.

Just take care of the Usurper's wincon and we should be good to go.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Changed that w con
    Approved. Moved the old one in the Archive, and changed this one's name.

Do you want this setup to be added to the Queue? @OzyWho

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Approved. Moved the old one in the Archive, and changed this one's name.

Do you want this setup to be added to the Queue? @OzyWho
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    I want to host the setup I pm'ed you days ago and still haven't gotten a reply.

But if you deem that setup too problmatic, I want to host this.
    But I really want to host that one 1000x more.
    I have grown a little apthetic about this setup while the other one I want to try.
    But I have fantasized enough about hosting that other setup that now I'm up for hosting any setup, even this one.
    Don't fantasize about hosting setups, people. It won't leave your mind if you do.

9. ISO #9

@Marshmallow Marshall
    I want to host the setup I pm'ed you days ago and still haven't gotten a reply.

But if you deem that setup too problmatic, I want to host this.
    But I really want to host that one 1000x more.
    I have grown a little apthetic about this setup while the other one I want to try.
    But I have fantasized enough about hosting that other setup that now I'm up for hosting any setup, even this one.
    Don't fantasize about hosting setups, people. It won't leave your mind if you do.
    As a general message, I cannot officially review setups that are not posted, btw. If your setups are already 100% fleshed out, you should post them in the Workshop so that the review process can begin officially!

I will not add this setup to the Queue for now. If you change your mind, contact me and I'll add it. I will review your other setup (the Joustings) as soon as I can.

10. ISO #10