Daimyo (Godfather) FM-Sorai Alive N/A
    Hidden Oda (Power) FM-Toshikazu Alive N/A
    Hidden Oda (Killing) FM-Tokuhei Alive N/A
    Hidden Any FM-Kazushige Alive N/A

Day One
    Rules of Conduct
    Spoiler : Rules of Conduct & Mechanics :

No OGC.
    Insults are alright, but do not take it too far.
    Do not quote PMs from me.
    Do not post during day start before the host.
    English and Japanese allowed.
    Be active.
    Images/videos allowed, keep it clean and don't spam.
    No gamethrowing, threatened, attempted or faked, is allowed. Any violation will result in replace, mod kill or aggressive warn.
    No griefing allowed.
    Discussion pertaining to the game or Forum Mafia in general (while in-game) on the Discord server or on the Forums is strictly prohibited. This includes discussion of OOC information that was brought up in-game. I reserve the right to warn, modkill or replace anyone not abiding by this rule.
    If a Ventriloquist/Disguiser/Blackmailer end up in the game (i.e. the setup is anon), then you are allowed (and encouraged) to create a cypher and to encode a message (the basic idea is that if you successfully solve it, you're still you) with the use of pen&paper; don't use a computer program to generate it for you, because it would be unfair then.
    Mechanics
    Days last 36 hours, nights last 12.
    Majority lynch.
    First Past the Post election method.
    Ties are resolved by RNG.
    Lynch is NOT mandatory.
    Last wills allowed.
    Suicide not allowed.
    FAQ:
    Spoiler : FAQ :

1. Q: Can Janitor (Incense Master) sanitize a lynched player's role and last will?
    1. A: Yes. They would have to use their ability on that specific player the previous night.

2. Q: What happens if we lynch a Dishonored Ronin?
    2. A: A random voter will perish.

3. Q: Can Jailor or Kidnapper use their ability if a player was lynched that day?
    3. A: No.

4. Q: Can Ronin (Student) be roleblocked?
    4. A: No. It is a non-targeted ability, meaning that they do not visit they target.

5. Q: What kind of night actions can an Auditor detect?
    5. A: They can see a role blocker, Disguiser/Mafioso/Vigilante, Auditor, Blackmailer, Sleuth and Janitor visit at night.
    In addition, they can detect Jailor or Kidnapper executions.

6. Q: What happens if the Tormentor's target dies?
    6. A: The Tormentor commits suicide.

7. Q: Can we lie about the Mechanics?
    7. A: Yes, but if I am asked directly, I will give the correct answer to the question. I won't cover for your lie.

8. Q: Can a blackmailed person state that they are blackmailed?
    8. A: Not unless the Blackmailer specifically told them to do that.

9. Q: Can the Tormentor reveal his identity in the "one way messages"?
    9. A: No.

10. Q: What is the tie-breaking order? (who wins over who)

10. A: Tormentor>Sleuth>Mafia>Ronin>Town. For tie breaking purposes Blacksmith counts as either town or mafia.

11. Q: The Herald's post is displayed at start of day, right?
    11. A: Aye.

12. Q:Can the Iko-Ikki kill on Night One? Can the Assassin kill on Night One? Does the Assassin kill allow for two kills in one night, if the Oda have a factional kill?
    12. A: All Killers can kill on any night. That rule was a last-minute balance to the game since I had removed a role from the setup. No longer applicable..

Links:

Last edited by ; September 26th, 2018 at 12:46 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Sengoku Jidai

Please note that the game hasn't started yet. I'm simply preparing the thread.

Do not post before the game has started please.

Spoiler : Lore :

Lore goes here. Working on it.

On a different note, I would appreciate it if you could help me out with the lore posts a bit! It's quite tedious. PM me on Discord or here, or just talk in the signups thread if you want to make a suggestion.

Lynch is now plurality Lynch (first to gain majority + 1 of the votes gets lynched, or the player with the most votes at the end of the day (EoD)).

For any newbies out there, use
    [vote]Playername[/vote] to vote, and either [vote]unvote[/vote] or [unvote]Playername[/unvote] .

In case Disguiser or Ventriloquist (aka Vent) make it into the setup, here's an example of a code people in older FMs would use to confirm that they are still themselves:

One other thing: Roles and anon account assignment, as well as role assignment (I.e. who gets what) were fully randomized several times over.
    Last edited by ; September 17th, 2018 at 02:02 AM.

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Magoroth was found dead last night. He was slashed in half with a katana, but not before his bodyguards caught and killed his assailant! His role was Ashikaga Heir. Kenny, the assassin, was caught whilst trying to escape from Kyoto Castle. He perished in a volley of arrow fire.

Graveyard

Magoroth (Heir) - Died N0. Slashed in half with a sword.
    Kenny (Assassin) - Died N0. Perished in a volley of arrow fire.
    Last edited by ; September 18th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

Game starting at 10 PM CEST.
    Last edited by ; September 18th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

You cannot post Countdown Timers

Thread open.

7 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by ; September 18th, 2018 at 01:00 PM.

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

You cannot post Countdown Timers

Till EoD1.

Everyone needs to get an avatar. Get one before EoD1 or I'll find something for you.
    Last edited by ; September 18th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I am Kaza..kazu kasha....... KaSushi! am a master of the Samurai arts. I was cast out as a child due to being born as a baby out of weddlock. I spent my youth in the mountains fighting goats for food to barley keep myself alive. Over the years I developed incredible stealth abilities to prey on my enemies. During the transition of power in the Japanese government, a conspiracy came to light; however, nobody had the power to stop them. I infiltrated the military command center and rid Japan of all corruption, thus leading to its longest uninterrupted reign of peace.....Until now. I now must fight my greatest battle; Forum Mafia.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

so. we have 3 mafia, 1 neutral 394 town.

I am in favor of a day 1 lynch and find it necessary. Mafia has a lot of power roles so we have to be pretty on point with some very heavy D1 pressure.

Anyone who is not actively pressuring and getting usable information I will deem unworthy of life and slaughter them in front of the whole village.

I also think a good way to achieve this early on while we figure this out and get everyone checking in, EVERYONE VOTE SOMEONE. lets get votes coming out and not let people sit in the background.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Kazushige View Post

I am in favor of a day 1 lynch and find it necessary. Mafia has a lot of power roles so we have to be pretty on point with some very heavy D1 pressure.

Anyone who is not actively pressuring and getting usable information I will deem unworthy of life and slaughter them in front of the whole village.

I also think a good way to achieve this early on while we figure this out and get everyone checking in, EVERYONE VOTE SOMEONE. lets get votes coming out and not let people sit in the background.
    I like this. Kazushige, I pledge allegiance to you for today. You will be my D1 town read!

Also note that Jesters can't spawn at start of game, meaning that we can lynch without fear today.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

So. The Blackmailer and the Warden are the biggest threat, apparently. The Daimyo is a goon, basically. @Magoroth Do the Oda have a factional kill?

I believe that given the sure amount of 2 mafia power roles, we have a big incentive to lynch the inactive/cautious people. MEANING THAT IF YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME, YOU SHALL BE SMITTEN BY OUR KATANAS.

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Tokuhei View Post
    I like this. Kazushige, I pledge allegiance to you for today. You will be my D1 town read!

Also note that Jesters can't spawn at start of game, meaning that we can lynch without fear today.
    Makes one townlike post (scum can make townlike posts too) and instantly gains tons of town cred from you.... I take it you are easily fooled in games of mafia?

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

So. The Blackmailer and the Warden are the biggest threat, apparently. The Daimyo is a goon, basically. @Magoroth Do the Oda have a factional kill?

I believe that given the sure amount of 2 mafia power roles, we have a big incentive to lynch the inactive/cautious people. MEANING THAT IF YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME, YOU SHALL BE SMITTEN BY OUR KATANAS.
    While we're at the questions stage...

Can the Tormentor reveal his identity in the "one way messages"?

What is the tie-breaking order? (who wins over who)

The Herald's post is displayed at start of day, right?

Can the Iko-Ikki kill on Night One? Can the Assassin kill on Night One? Does the Assassin kill allow for two kills in one night, if the Oda have a factional kill?

In the event Oda have a factional kill, does a member of the Oda clan have to forego his night action in order to carry the factional kill?

30. ISO #30

I am Kaza..kazu kasha....... KaSushi! am a master of the Samurai arts. I was cast out as a child due to being born as a baby out of weddlock. I spent my youth in the mountains fighting goats for food to barley keep myself alive. Over the years I developed incredible stealth abilities to prey on my enemies. During the transition of power in the Japanese government, a conspiracy came to light; however, nobody had the power to stop them. I infiltrated the military command center and rid Japan of all corruption, thus leading to its longest uninterrupted reign of peace.....Until now. I now must fight my greatest battle; Forum Mafia.
    Interesting bit of lore posting, i have some thoughts about this i'd rather not analyze with you all at this moment.

31. ISO #31

While we're at the questions stage...

Can the Tormentor reveal his identity in the "one way messages"?

What is the tie-breaking order? (who wins over who)

The Herald's post is displayed at start of day, right?

Can the Iko-Ikki kill on Night One? Can the Assassin kill on Night One? Does the Assassin kill allow for two kills in one night, if the Oda have a factional kill?

In the event Oda have a factional kill, does a member of the Oda clan have to forego his night action in order to carry the factional kill?
    All good questions, imo but some answers are fairly obvious and standard...

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Keep in mind that this post is basically telling the scum just be active and make sure you scumhunt a little bit anyou will be off his radar..... Scumpoints to you sir...also to the man who wholeheartedly agrees with you LOL

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Robun View Post
    Keep in mind that this post is basically telling the scum just be active and make sure you scumhunt a little bit anyou will be off his radar..... Scumpoints to you sir...also to the man who wholeheartedly agrees with you LOL
    How many people with 30 posts do you 'scumread' in FM games? they are 'null reads' and cause many problems late game.

You are also under the assumption that the Mafia team would be easily able to pop in and handle some pressure. Many people have problems with that as Mafia, especially before N1, where they are able to devise a plan). But I shall accept the scum points and put them on my mantle to gaze at every morning. It will be my motivation as to why we must purge this village of distrust and pain.

39. ISO #39

Exactly, but you could have left out the soft claim part.......................[Countdown Timers Cannot be Quoted from Other Posts]
    I can assure u there is no soft claim in it. It is my ancestry and I shall present it with pride.

40. ISO #40

Im going to go out on a limb here and say that you probally are not a very auccessfull scum player are you?
    You are wrong. But a lot of people are "not very successful", as you say. I'm willing to bet that AT LEAST one of the three scums is not very successful. And this is without the neutral, who may or may not be evil.

41. ISO #41

How many people with 30 posts do you 'scumread' in FM games? they are 'null reads' and cause many problems late game.

You are also under the assumption that the Mafia team would be easily able to pop in and handle some pressure. Many people have problems with that as Mafia, especially before N1, where they are able to devise a plan). But I shall accept the scum points and put them on my mantle to gaze at every morning. It will be my motivation as to why we must purge this village of distrust and pain.
    This is my reasoning. There's also the fact that power roles tend to be more cautious.
    I can assure u there is no soft claim in it. It is my ancestry and I shall present it with pride.
    I honestly give him town points for this because it was a bad idea of mine to say that... Why is everyone town here

42. ISO #42

Just because someone has 30+ posts doesn't make them a null read i have scumread someone with 5 posts and i have scumread someone with 30 or 100 i dont know what you are trying to get at, voting patterns puahes at EOD are more valid things to go off then what you are suggesting. And all the playera here IMO are experienced enough not to be rattled simply becauae they role mafia...

43. ISO #43
    Rachyl

how do you get those cool fm names? does it automatically give me one?

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46
    Rachyl

wait was I supposed to get my name changed or something?

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

Im simply trying to say i don't trust people who label scum as the inactive/troll players, thats seemingly the oldest scum trick in the book, just my opinion
    late game is when scums use inactives for easy lynches. early game town should clear them out.

Just because someone has 30+ posts doesn't make them a null read i have scumread someone with 5 posts and i have scumread someone with 30 or 100 i dont know what you are trying to get at, voting patterns puahes at EOD are more valid things to go off then what you are suggesting. And all the playera here IMO are experienced enough not to be rattled simply becauae they role mafia...
    I personally make better decisions when there is more information provided. sub 30 posts to me in a day is just low info. You will not get a confident read on them unless they are being defended by another. Then their scumread is coming mainly from alignment due to another poster.

More info = better judgement and confidence behind decisions.

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50
    Rachyl

its not letting me log into the account

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.