Default Setting: Executioner Must Survive Till End - ON
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Default Setting: Executioner Must Survive Till End - ON

Does anyone else think this should be the default setting for Executioner?

Every game I play, this option is always off. Every game I play, Executioner is Night Immune. And it seems like in a good 75% of those games, Executioner gets an easy win on day 2, then spends the rest of the game laughing and derailing the town, daring them to waste a day lynching him.

It literally takes zero skill to win as Executioner with the current meta, and there is very little incentive to play intelligently or do anything other than immediately make up a bullshit lead on Day 2 to get the easy win.

Why does Executioner need night invulnerability if he wins on day 2 every game?

2. ISO #2
    Ganelon

Re: Default Setting: Executioner Must Survive Till End - ON

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Does anyone else think this should be the default setting for Executioner?

Every game I play, this option is always off. Every game I play, Executioner is Night Immune. And it seems like in a good 75% of those games, Executioner gets an easy win on day 2, then spends the rest of the game laughing and derailing the town, daring them to waste a day lynching him.

It literally takes zero skill to win as Executioner with the current meta, and there is very little incentive to play intelligently or do anything other than immediately make up a bullshit lead on Day 2 to get the easy win.

Why does Executioner need night invulnerability if he wins on day 2 every game?
    I do. Because then the executioner actually has to fight his way to the end, like you said. I typically enable it in my setups.

3. ISO #3

The jester too is ridiculously easy to win as, but I’m not sure how that role could be changed at all to be made harder. I agree with you about the executioner. Usually when I get it I don’t even bother going after my target for awhile just to make things more interesting.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    The jester too is ridiculously easy to win as, but I’m not sure how that role could be changed at all to be made harder. I agree with you about the executioner. Usually when I get it I don’t even bother going after my target for awhile just to make things more interesting.
    someone won as jester for saying ''I'm Efekannn02''
    I Like Ice Cream

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    wait a second, let me answer my own post....you can turn it on silly Smitty...

Yeah, that's what the thread is about.

It's an option, and the default is OFF. I am saying the default should be ON so that Executioner doesn't get the easy win on day 2.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Yeah, that's what the thread is about.

It's an option, and the default is OFF. I am saying the default should be ON so that Executioner doesn't get the easy win on day 2.
    oh i totally agree then! ive seen the d2 exe win frequently

9. ISO #9

Lynching executioner makes no sense to be honest.

If executioner got his target lynched already, he revevaled himself, i don't know why pepole lynch/kill him, that's just a waste of bullets and days, where you can kill more valuable target like mafia or netural killing. So lynching or killing executioner makes no sense, both as mafia/triad, town or netural killing.
    Also, i disagree, that's not executioners fault that they actually followed his claim. Finding mafia N1 sounds suspictinous, actuall sheriff proably can't do that, right?

Also, claiming sheriff D3 as exec is always better than claiming sheriff D2 as exec, it gives less suspiction and higher chanice that pepole will follow your claim.

Try to learn how to detect executioner.
    Last edited by Arsonist; August 18th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Lynching executioner makes no sense to be honest.

If executioner got his target lynched already, he revevaled himself, i don't know why pepole lynch/kill him, that's just a waste of bullets and days, where you can kill more valuable target like mafia or netural killing. So lynching or killing executioner makes no sense, both as mafia/triad, town or netural killing.
    Also, i disagree, that's not executioners fault that they actually followed his claim. Finding mafia N1 sounds suspictinous, actuall sheriff proably can't do that, right?

Also, claiming sheriff D3 as exec is always better than claiming sheriff D2 as exec, it gives less suspiction and higher chanice that pepole will follow your claim.

Try to learn how to detect executioner.
    Right but what you're saying implies that town should ignore all investigative claims 100% of the time, cuz they could be executioners. What people should do is follow the exec/sheriff to vote somebody up and then decide if their role/lw is any good before guiltying.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

12. ISO #12

Right but what you're saying implies that town should ignore all investigative claims 100% of the time, cuz they could be executioners. What people should do is follow the exec/sheriff to vote somebody up and then decide if their role/lw is any good before guiltying.
    I'm not saying you should ignore it, just it's suspictinous.
    Also why pepole lynch exec?
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

13. ISO #13
    Ganelon

In my opinion, the executioner is best served by pushing a lynch on a real acum day two/three, thereby establishing oneself as town leader and creating a platform from which to lynch their target.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

I think that was the point of the thread
    The thread was suggesting that Executioner's "Must survive till the end" be on by default.
    My suggestion was about the Night Immunity.

Reason why I say this, is that while executioner is classified as a benign role, the role encourages aggressive/evil playstyle. Removing night immunity can at least allow vigilantes to shoot executioners after claiming their win to prevent them from causing more havoc.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    The thread was suggesting that Executioner's "Must survive till the end" be on by default.
    My suggestion was about the Night Immunity.

Reason why I say this, is that while executioner is classified as a benign role, the role encourages aggressive/evil playstyle. Removing night immunity can at least allow vigilantes to shoot executioners after claiming their win to prevent them from causing more havoc.
    Oh shit u got him boy

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by MrMostache View Post
    Eh? I wasn't being antagonistic towards aamirus. To be fair Lysergic brings it up in his OP.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

22. ISO #22

I mean, there is nothing entirely wrong with the exe's current meta. While many people see it as "derailing" the town, an exe is only playing his objective. Do I agree it is easy? Of course it is, but even town has to take sacrifices if it means they could get a possible victory. You have to work around it rather than killing off a potential voter. An Exe is still a valuable ally, especially when a mayor can promise an exe a lynch in exchange for his vote. Alot of times the town is better off giving the exe win to gain a night immune vote. Especially in 8331. Its not a gurantee an exe is with you, but its a risk you take when playing mafia. Alot of times people arent angry that an exe wins, theyre angry because he didnt side with them
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    Alot of times the town is better off giving the exe win to gain a night immune vote. Especially in 8331. Its not a gurantee an exe is with you, but its a risk you take when playing mafia. Alot of times people arent angry that an exe wins, theyre angry because he didnt side with them
    I can't see this being the norm. There is no benefit in losing a vote and gaining another (being a night immune doesn't mean anything if exe is not town). And executioners either stay passive or have fun trolling all sides after they secure their win most of the time.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.