Hi my name is Smitty and i've been learning Mafia for the past couple of months!

I've been reading up on WIFOM (Wine in Front of Me) and i understand the principle of anticipating what actions your enemies will make and to preemptively try to anticipate those actions...but what if you were to make a terrible decision that ends up really hurting the town? I know I've failed as a Vet before because i didnt fully grasp what I was doing and used all my alerts before things got spicy after n4...but I don't see many people using WIFOM as an excuse, like if a jailor fails and kills off town, or if a doctor visits a vet... so is it just a mindset to think about when playing the game? Not sure, if its just something to be aware of or if its an actual tactic.

Also i've been seeing people killing off town power//government early in the game because you are executioner...they spam for example: "2 is mafia im sheriff" but 2 is not really mafia...and then 2 gets lynched because everyone believes the troll...then when the town realizes what they have done, they lynch the executioner (who still wins) cuz he got his target...

is that the point or is that just trolling? not sure how to play that role, ive never gotten it. just seems like you're being an inverse jester kinda

thx first post yay
-Smitty