S-FM President - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: S-FM President

1. ISO #101

Re: S-FM President

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Truman View Post
    nixon i know you’ve fallen on hard times, but i’ve got a friend named mccarthy

he’s not here today but he has some stuff you and everyone else might want to listen to

also who are we voting for president party people?
    I find it weird that Roosevelt quit his debate with you so quickly like that. Seems like bussing or else he didn't like being in the spotlight

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Nixon View Post
    I find it weird that Roosevelt quit his debate with you so quickly like that. Seems like bussing or else he didn't like being in the spotlight
    Alternatively, they just had to go?

I've had issues with this in the past, where people read into a sudden drop of activity which I had for IRL reasons. I would not bear too far forward player activity because you cannot draw any conclusions with it, esp in a game with anon accounts.

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post

I've had issues with this in the past, where people read into a sudden drop of activity which I had for IRL reasons. I would not bear too far forward player activity because you cannot draw any conclusions with it, esp in a game with anon accounts.
    I mean his last post was 4 min before Truman replied, and he could always have said he had to get off. What you say is fair but it's also worth noting that people can easily abuse this line of thinking to avoid the game. It's a two-way street and to say there is no merit in analyzing it is just wrong.

7. ISO #107

What interactions? Not sure why you're so hard-core buddying JFK but the posts you quoted were the only things I would call "interactions" so far. His other posts were a couple of questions for the host and then a bunch of shit posts.

I would agree that he (JFK) comes off as townish, but not that there are supposed interactions already for you to analyze
    hardcore buddying JFK? I was buddying Lincoln actually, and soft claiming of votign him. the only thing i addressed with JFK is a post a have a slgith townread in which i didnt even say until it was revealed. nice scum painting though

8. ISO #108

boom. yes let’s hold onto that free ticket out for the future

where am I mocking? your first line right there sounded like some mocking

and for the strategies i’m lookin for a strong 3 into a light 1, followed by a Grob’s 2 and a Sokolsky 4 at the end
    lol free ticket. ok, explain how this is a free ticket? haha no day 1 lynches so im not worried about getting lynched today. and its a slight town read on some1. so explain what free ticket I'm trying to have here?

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    lol free ticket. ok, explain how this is a free ticket? haha no day 1 lynches so im not worried about getting lynched today. and its a slight town read on some1. so explain what free ticket I'm trying to have here?
    refer to precious posts about convenient diversions. the argument is circular now and let’s just accept that we’re dire enemies

11. ISO #111

refer to precious posts about convenient diversions. the argument is circular now and let’s just accept that we’re dire enemies
    hence why i stopped responding, it was circular a long time ago. no point flooding the chat with absolutely nothing. however, what do u think about nixons reactions? coming in and just nit picking everyone posting then leaving?

I don't get this, why would his post give him any townpoints at all

I mean his last post was 4 min before Truman replied, and he could always have said he had to get off. What you say is fair but it's also worth noting that people can easily abuse this line of thinking to avoid the game. It's a two-way street and to say there is no merit in analyzing it is just wrong.

12. ISO #112

Your last post was 1 minute before mine... where did you go??

susp that he leaves right when I start putting pressure there......

13. ISO #113

hence why i stopped responding, it was circular a long time ago. no point flooding the chat with absolutely nothing. however, what do u think about nixons reactions? coming in and just nit picking everyone posting then leaving?
    yeah, nixons doing some weird shit. it could just be a citizen running in and picking at straws with an entirely uninformed day 1 but in that case with his activity i would expect him to be pushing for pres

14. ISO #114

I’m mafia because I said I didn’t want to be the president and then retaliated in a hedging way?

I’m a weak PR because I said that I don’t want to be the president, but then weighed the benefits?

I’m a strong PR because I’m just trying to look like a citizen making a gambit?

I’m a citizen because I’m baiting the thought that I’m a PR with my disinterest in presidency?

C’mon baby, let’s hear the read now! Let’s start the partisan politics!
    You had a soft PR claim in there yes, but that was not what saving the post was for. However, you right now showing how many paths u can claim shows you have actually put thought into trying to speak in a way where u you have multiple outs. You are either a strong PR or mafia.
    Well said, Roosevelt. I was going to say the same thing

15. ISO #115

Defensive? By requesting some actual discussion from the guy who did a classic -free townpoints- move
    free townpoints move?
    He means when I gave townpoints to Washington for shaking the tree and not being cautious. It was not a "free townpoint move", however this is a discredit
    This reads - “let’s give myself a way to take the spotlight somewhere else later, when i need it, since i’m not interested in any discussion unless someone I Particularly Care About, usually myself, is in danger”
    No. This reads as town to me because it shows he is willing to say something about you, probably your role, but doesn't want to show it. No scum would do that, unless WIFOM. And from my experience, it is rare.

16. ISO #116

lol I like the enthusiasm. But I also like how you immediately jumped on thinking that I was referring to reading you specifically in that post, and as scum at that. Why was I not saving it because of something JFK said? which is actually the intention behind it. That is where you are getting defensive. You immediately assumed I am scum reading you and jumped all over it pushing at me for what it is. Sounds like you are nervous about something.
    Remind me to reply to this post later. @Theodore Roosevelt

17. ISO #117

Quote Originally Posted by John Kennedy View Post
    He means when I gave townpoints to Washington for shaking the tree and not being cautious. It was not a "free townpoint move", however this is a discredit

No. This reads as town to me because it shows he is willing to say something about you, probably your role, but doesn't want to show it. No scum would do that, unless WIFOM. And from my experience, it is rare.
    nah, the "free townpoints move" was the same thing I did the other post on, when he set up to say something later. some town might see it as a reason to keep him alive or trust him, because the ambiguous post might scream "hello I am useful I'm collecting information," but it looks like a minor scum play to me because it looks like he just wants to be like "a-ha" later when he's under pressure.

sorry if I'm unclear. Truman will return when he wakes up un-inebriated and with an actual computer

18. ISO #118

Gee, maybe because jfk said one single, one dimensional thing that could not really have dual interpretations. I dismissed what he did because he did something with no aligned holes.

What -is- inherently bad is building a diversion that can be employed at any preferred time while supplying no substance
    What is inherently bad in not giving info to scum while keeping something you saw in your memory?

19. ISO #119

oh, gee.

“exposing something with 45 hours left is hurtful”

Heaven forbid I give town some discussion.

Please tell me where that town read comes from, based on the posts you quoted before. Randomly pressure voting isn’t exactly a subtle way to earn town points as a scum either
    Not every discussion is pro-town. However, I see your point and understand your ways. I'll comment on the Roosevelt post later. I'll be honest: I have sent my vote to Roosevelt 10 minutes ago. But I'm getting unsure now

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

What is inherently bad in not giving info to scum while keeping something you saw in your memory?
    dude if you're keeping something you saw in your memory you don't have to announce it to everyone for credit later. it would be different if it were even day 2, but with nothing to go on it's just an easy interaction to freely interpret to another situation and create another accusation

now i rest probably. please discuss the presidency in my absence. I trust jfk the most for the moment even though he's saddling with the rough riders, but if obama says some more substantial stuff then we can get michelle some healthier schools here soon

23. ISO #123

dude if you're keeping something you saw in your memory you don't have to announce it to everyone for credit later. it would be different if it were even day 2, but with nothing to go on it's just an easy interaction to freely interpret to another situation and create another accusation

now i rest probably. please discuss the presidency in my absence. I trust jfk the most for the moment even though he's saddling with the rough riders, but if obama says some more substantial stuff then we can get michelle some healthier schools here soon
    Mhmm... but it reads as town for me because I do such things as town.

24. ISO #124

nah, the "free townpoints move" was the same thing I did the other post on, when he set up to say something later. some town might see it as a reason to keep him alive or trust him, because the ambiguous post might scream "hello I am useful I'm collecting information," but it looks like a minor scum play to me because it looks like he just wants to be like "a-ha" later when he's under pressure.

sorry if I'm unclear. Truman will return when he wakes up un-inebriated and with an actual computer
    You are very clear. However, I've never seen a scum do such a thing. I'm not saying it's not a possibility; but it's unlikely. Every move has a town side and a scum side. The town side is bigger in this case.

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

Quote Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post

Exactly. Being 100% silent is not a scumtell, it's a I'm-not-a-scrub-without-a-real-life tell.

27. ISO #127

Gut says this is EXTREMELY scummy, but I can't see why logically. It's just... something a scum would say. But it's just gut...

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

this post was a nice mixture between contribution and shitposting and i cant really tell which is which

31. ISO #131

lol I like the enthusiasm. But I also like how you immediately jumped on thinking that I was referring to reading you specifically in that post, and as scum at that. Why was I not saving it because of something JFK said? which is actually the intention behind it. That is where you are getting defensive. You immediately assumed I am scum reading you and jumped all over it pushing at me for what it is. Sounds like you are nervous about something.
    Ok. This is the beginning of my suspicions on Roosevelt. Actually, no, the beginning is when I saw he wasn't retracting this. I thought he wanted to put hard pressure on Truman by jumping on a possibility that was obviously false, to see if Truman would panic. He did not, and answered as I would expect a town member to answer.

But to get back to Roosevelt, he twisted the narrative. Then organized a push around it, and when he saw it was dying, stopped posting. I said earlier that to stop posting was not a scum tell in itself; however, to stop posting STRATEGICALLY then re-post something 10 minutes later without getting back on the subject, especially when:
    nah, I will hold it and see where it goes
    , is SUSSSSSSSSSSP.

I believe Roosevelt is a skilled player when it comes to scumpainting. But I cannot be sure if it was good scumpainting or legitimate town though process, because they are very similar. That being said, I am now thinking about where my president vote will go. And I do not trust Roosevelt enough to vote for him.

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

Reaction to #131 @Harry Truman please

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

Reaction to #131 @Harry Truman please
    you just haaad to ping me when i was gonna sleep. no fear! i am here! i will not rest if this country demands it

Ok. This is the beginning of my suspicions on Roosevelt. Actually, no, the beginning is when I saw he wasn't retracting this. I thought he wanted to put hard pressure on Truman by jumping on a possibility that was obviously false, to see if Truman would panic. He did not, and answered as I would expect a town member to answer.

But to get back to Roosevelt, he twisted the narrative. Then organized a push around it, and when he saw it was dying, stopped posting. I said earlier that to stop posting was not a scum tell in itself; however, to stop posting STRATEGICALLY then re-post something 10 minutes later without getting back on the subject, especially when: , is SUSSSSSSSSSSP.

I believe Roosevelt is a skilled player when it comes to scumpainting. But I cannot be sure if it was good scumpainting or legitimate town though process, because they are very similar. That being said, I am now thinking about where my president vote will go. And I do not trust Roosevelt enough to vote for him.
    but yeah, I mean, I would agree with everything. him going silent might be a little bit of a push, because who knows what the real reasoning was, but I would have also expected his next post to also be about our debacle if I remember correctly. I had conceded, but he seemed pretty bloodlusted. Coulda been legitimate town, but I would expect a town to keep going all-in and not be dodgy, i guess

obama, you're a memelord, but radicalism isn't in your character

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

you just haaad to ping me when i was gonna sleep. no fear! i am here! i will not rest if this country demands it

but yeah, I mean, I would agree with everything. him going silent might be a little bit of a push, because who knows what the real reasoning was, but I would have also expected his next post to also be about our debacle if I remember correctly. I had conceded, but he seemed pretty bloodlusted. Coulda been legitimate town, but I would expect a town to keep going all-in and not be dodgy, i guess

i have no intention of roleplaying this game

i get why some people could do it but day 1 is arguably the most important day in this setup so i dont wish to waste time on trying to act

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

Mhmmm. This answer is townish-to-null, and it adds to my read on you. Be free. You're granted 2 hours of sleep. Good night

42. ISO #142

the purpose behind the post was because if JFK is MM and Truman is blinkskater, that interaction is identical to every single interaction they have every game. MM (JFK) scumreads anything blink (Truman) is doing. the conversation literally looked identical to that lol But I don't want to hunt for "who is who", even though it will be figured out pretty quickly lol.

So that read on JFK "scum reading" Truman - in the context of that being MM scum reading Blink, that would be a town move from JFK. The scenario looked identical lol thus, with the habituality of it making JFK town and truman town.- but You (truman) were using a lot of correct punctuation, so that threw me off.

However, if that turns out to be the case, I am going to laugh so fking hard because even with random names that same damn scenario would have just played out again.

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

hardcore buddying JFK? I was buddying Lincoln actually, and soft claiming of votign him. the only thing i addressed with JFK is a post a have a slgith townread in which i didnt even say until it was revealed. nice scum painting though
    You claimed that JFK had multiple interactions which could be read, when the only player he had interacted with seriously was Truman. Then you replied to that by saying you’re not buddying him rather than providing any evidence of those supposed interactions

47. ISO #147

the purpose behind the post was because if JFK is MM and Truman is blinkskater, that interaction is identical to every single interaction they have every game. MM (JFK) scumreads anything blink (Truman) is doing. the conversation literally looked identical to that lol But I don't want to hunt for "who is who", even though it will be figured out pretty quickly lol.

So that read on JFK "scum reading" Truman - in the context of that being MM scum reading Blink, that would be a town move from JFK. The scenario looked identical lol thus, with the habituality of it making JFK town and truman town.- but You (truman) were using a lot of correct punctuation, so that threw me off.

However, if that turns out to be the case, I am going to laugh so fking hard because even with random names that same damn scenario would have just played out again.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................re-read the rules please. Read them, and think about them. Then, read your post. Then think. Then do that: .

48. ISO #148

49. ISO #149

But to get back to Roosevelt, he twisted the narrative. Then organized a push around it, and when he saw it was dying, stopped posting. I said earlier that to stop posting was not a scum tell in itself; however, to stop posting STRATEGICALLY then re-post something 10 minutes later without getting back on the subject, especially when: , is SUSSSSSSSSSSP.

@Theodore Roosevelt Reaction please

50. ISO #150

But you left right when there was pressure on you too so I guess you must now suspect yourself of being scum too
    nah this was just making fun of em for saying i left when u posted 4 minutes after me. he left 1 minute after i posted. had nothing to do with me actually calling him scummy lol just showing how meaningless his argument was. really feels like a bad attempt at a scum paint.