What is your favourite role in the game?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

What is your favourite role in the game?

What is your favourite role? Do you have a specific playstyle, a strategy of sorts? Would you prefer Town Roles, Killers, Power Roles?

2. ISO #2

Re: What is your favourite role in the game?

I haven't played for months now. But I remember I required 3 role wins: Mafioso, some triad role and Jester (yes, really, Jester). That makes Jester my favorite role because it's so ridiculous.
    As for my favorite "strategy" - it's to always speak the truth, as a neutral, and watch people's reactions. That's why I had 10 mafia roles blacklisted and cultist in cult setups - because I was forced to lie as those.

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I haven't played for months now. But I remember I required 3 role wins: Mafioso, some triad role and Jester (yes, really, Jester). That makes Jester my favorite role because it's so ridiculous.
    As for my favorite "strategy" - it's to always speak the truth, as a neutral, and watch people's reactions. That's why I had 10 mafia roles blacklisted and cultist in cult setups - because I was forced to lie as those.
    Haha, I blacklist mafia roles as well. I hate having teammates, because I always end up bussing them, somehow.

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

Jester is amazing - I know a guy who used Mothership Extended every time he got lynched. One time, someone actually asked him, "What's up with all the salt?", to which he replied: "The salt is not for me, bro."

And, then, there's the people who always lynch Survivors. Which encouraged me to always claim Survivor as Jester. It's actually pretty fun to do that. I really, really dislike it when people lynch Survivor claims just because; but I also dislike people who go AFK as Survivor. Survivor's supposed to be played as a Town Gov role, in my opinion - it's the strategy that makes it the most likely for a Survivor to win. Think about it. The Survivor has several vests - he does not need to worry about the Mafia until later on in the game. By comparison, the town poses a significant threat against him - that of a day lynch. So, the natural course of action is to just side with the Town and scumhunt.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Haha, I blacklist mafia roles as well. I hate having teammates, because I always end up bussing them, somehow.
    Apparently me too but in FM games. And a certain someone gets suspicious every time now when I scumread someone in ISOs that I make.

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

Apparently, me too but in FM games. And a certain someone gets suspicious every time now when I scumread someone in ISOs that I make.

Haha, very funny.

7. ISO #7

Jester is amazing - I know a guy who used Mothership Extended every time he got lynched. One time, someone actually asked him, "What's up with all the salt?", to which he replied: "The salt is not for me, bro."

And, then, there's the people who always lynch Survivors. Which encouraged me to always claim Survivor as Jester. It's actually pretty fun to do that. I really, really dislike it when people lynch Survivor claims just because; but I also dislike people who go AFK as Survivor. Survivor's supposed to be played as a Town Gov role, in my opinion - it's the strategy that makes it the most likely for a Survivor to win. Think about it. The Survivor has several vests - he does not need to worry about the Mafia until later on in the game. By comparison, the town poses a significant threat against him - that of a day lynch. So, the natural course of action is to just side with the Town and scumhunt.
    Well, tbh. Everyone has experienced many times survivors choosing to give mafia the win in a 1v1v1 after town willingly didn't Lynch the survivor all game. And next time they see a survivor they say "Lynch him before he teams up with mafia".

I think that playing survivor as gov is good only for good players.

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

I think most of the people who lynch survivor claims do it out of
    Schadenfreude. Just like the Mafia who kill off the Neutral who helped them win.

9. ISO #9

Jester/executioner are good because they add a lot more psychological complexity. If pressed, I'd probably say one of those two is my favourite.

Never liked the survivor, on the other hand. Roles that reward passive play and punish active play are counter-productive to creating interesting scenarios, and its existence emphasizes the lead of any currently winning alignment, because it will always side with the winning side. Wouldn't shed any tears if it was banned.

10. ISO #10
    Ganelon

I don't think Survivor rewards passive play. If you are AFK or otherwise passive as survivor, you will get 70-80%of the time lynched.

11. ISO #11

I don't think Survivor rewards passive play. If you are AFK or otherwise passive as survivor, you will get 70-80%of the time lynched.
    Not if you say "I'm survivor, I won't vote or do anything". I remember it worked for me as some neutral evil.
    But sure. If the survivor doesn't even say that much when accused or questioned - he deserves to get lynched.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Dunno what mod mafia is like now, but if you do nothing to draw attention to yourself, you'll probably get checked by the sheriff but you won't get randomvoted. Even if you do you can say some random ass role that can't be confirmed easily like doctor or BG and then you're good.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Dunno what mod mafia is like now, but if you do nothing to draw attention to yourself, you'll probably get checked by the sheriff but you won't get randomvoted. Even if you do you can say some random ass role that can't be confirmed easily like doctor or BG and then you're good.
    Meant to be written in past tense =P

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Jester/executioner are good because they add a lot more psychological complexity. If pressed, I'd probably say one of those two is my favourite.

Never liked the survivor, on the other hand. Roles that reward passive play and punish active play are counter-productive to creating interesting scenarios, and its existence emphasizes the lead of any currently winning alignment, because it will always side with the winning side. Wouldn't shed any tears if it was banned.
    I agree with him. Being active as survivor requires a level of ability to manipulate the stupid people, and it's not really fun to do. The "Surv gov" doesn't work since noone will PM you roles or lws, me included (unless the survivor is really super convincing).

My fav roles are Marshall, Judge, MM, Jailor, Investigator, Detective and Lookout. Marshall is great to carry a town, Judge is probably the most powerful anti-town role of the game, MM is me plus it's a very fun role with nice mechanics, Jailor is the invest-vigi-doctor hybrid (question people, you may shoot them and you can protect someone like a gov), and the three invest roles I gave are really fun because you actually gather confirmed information on people you suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

17. ISO #17

But you could play exec, after you won, as a night immune townie.
    Never trust the "night immune townies"... I did that once, as Arsonist. I won without igniting, and everyone was so convinced I was Executioner that they thought the game had bugged. If you want to see the replay, it's in the MVP replays thread :P

tl;dr: don't trust the confirmed night immune neutrals!
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

18. ISO #18
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I agree with him. Being active as survivor requires a level of ability to manipulate the stupid people, and it's not really fun to do. The "Surv gov" doesn't work since noone will PM you roles or lws, me included (unless the survivor is really super convincing).

My fav roles are Marshall, Judge, MM, Jailor, Investigator, Detective and Lookout. Marshall is great to carry a town, Judge is probably the most powerful anti-town role of the game, MM is me plus it's a very fun role with nice mechanics, Jailor is the invest-vigi-doctor hybrid (question people, you may shoot them and you can protect someone like a gov), and the three invest roles I gave are really fun because you actually gather confirmed information on people you suspect.
    It does work, that's how I play surv.

19. ISO #19

It does work, that's how I play surv.
    Because you're super convincing :P

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I mostly play Town of Salem nowadays, but rolling Jailor always brings a smile to my face.
    Come back to Sc2 Mafia! The community is much less trolly than before, and the game is better!!!

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.