Discussion About The Morality Of Winning
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Hey Sry Guys For Taking Your Time Here But What Is Your Ethically/Morally Opinion On:


    Having a Judge lynch the Arsonist and then suiciding in a 1 vs 1 + 1


    Apologizing because the other Party was angry but not apologizing over your mistakes
    May The Heart Be Your Guiding Key

  2. #2

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Well, for example - the Mafia and Neutral Evils (witch/judge/auditor) - they fuck each other up, on purpose, all the time. The only difference with your scenario is that, instead of Mafia, you have Neutral Killer.
    So, at the very least, it is nothing rare.

    This type of topic has been discussed many times. And as far as I remember - the conclusion was always the same:
    Neutrals have no team therefore they can do whatever they want.

  3. #3

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Well, for example - the Mafia and Neutral Evils (witch/judge/auditor) - they fuck each other up, on purpose, all the time. The only difference with your scenario is that, instead of Mafia, you have Neutral Killer.
    So, at the very least, it is nothing rare.

    This type of topic has been discussed many times. And as far as I remember - the conclusion was always the same:
    Neutrals have no team therefore they can do whatever they want.
    None of this says anything about "Morality" though. Not sure what to think about it's Morality. I never thought about Morality in games, except when money is a contributing factor.

  4. #4

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    None of this says anything about "Morality" though. Not sure what to think about it's Morality. I never thought about Morality in games, except when money is a contributing factor.
    Heís talking about a Judge lynching an Arsonist, then suiciding to give the town (presumably the third team) the win. I think thatís where he was trying to go with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  5. #5

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Heís talking about a Judge lynching an Arsonist, then suiciding to give the town (presumably the third team) the win. I think thatís where he was trying to go with it.
    That senario is a clear cut play against their wincon. Would be slammed.
    Cryptonic made this sig

  6. #6

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Heís talking about a Judge lynching an Arsonist, then suiciding to give the town (presumably the third team) the win. I think thatís where he was trying to go with it.
    yeah thats what im trying to tell
    May The Heart Be Your Guiding Key

  7. #7

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    That senario is a clear cut play against their wincon. Would be slammed.
    I Would Want To Report That Incident Later

    But many people mean that it was morally right to kill a fellow neutral(his opinions dont matter) and then suicide to give the town win

    they also say the decision of the judge doesnt matter since he is a solo team but what about the arsonist?

    the arsonist was so mad that he even made a thread over it here


    its ok for a judge to kill the arsonist and win solo but its not ok to suicide after that!

    anyone agreeing with me? please tell me your comments on that
    May The Heart Be Your Guiding Key

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    Should Have Played To His Roles Victory Condition Not Throw The Game Ta Town That Day.
    Yeah! And Its Ok To Sacrifice Your Win For The Others But Its Not Ok To Sacrifice The Win Of Others To Make A Third Party Win!
    May The Heart Be Your Guiding Key

  11. #11
    Rachyl
    Guest

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    I dont see anything wrong with it really.....i mean, Mafia should be played to just have fun, you shouldnt be too serious about it........thats why i play mafia because it relaxes me and i dont have to try too hard to win......i like prefering fun roles such as survivor, and executioner, because you get to be pretty much night immune. I hate dying early. So, oh and another one of my favorite roles is judge because you get to cause all sorts of chaos haha.

  12. #12

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with it really.....i mean, Mafia should be played to just have fun, you shouldnt be too serious about it........thats why i play mafia because it relaxes me and i dont have to try too hard to win......i like prefering fun roles such as survivor, and executioner, because you get to be pretty much night immune. I hate dying early. So, oh and another one of my favorite roles is judge because you get to cause all sorts of chaos haha.
    Normies are triggered by your comment, because they can't play mafia just for fun.

  13. #13

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with it really.....i mean, Mafia should be played to just have fun, you shouldnt be too serious about it........thats why i play mafia because it relaxes me and i dont have to try too hard to win......i like prefering fun roles such as survivor, and executioner, because you get to be pretty much night immune. I hate dying early. So, oh and another one of my favorite roles is judge because you get to cause all sorts of chaos haha.
    Cue for interesting Morality discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  14. #14

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    At the end of the day, you have to think about what the rules in the game say and not what you want to do. Clearly, the Judge had no interest in winning the game and wanted to help the town win instead. While the Judge cannot hurt anyone else in their own actions, they are costing themselves the win by suiciding and giving the town a win that they did not earn. Had the Judge decided he did not want to win, then he probably shouldnít be playing mafia if youíre going to give away wins because you donít care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  15. #15

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Eh, I was the judge so I will chime in on this.

    1v1v1 with arsonist (efe) me (judge) and town (who was apparently mayor, never revealed)

    I never courted or talked at night, so I was surfing on a survivor claim. My goal was to solo win with never once calling court (complete surprise win screen). Town would have thought they won, then Judge wins would come instead =P

    However, After guiltying the Arsonist, the mayor started talking about how happy he was to finally get incognito. Well, since I was an evil role left another night happened. During the night chat I stated that all I had to do was AFK and I won, and that was enough knowing I took that game. I didn't need the win screen or points that followed, so suicided to give the Mayor his incognito.

    I didn't need the "win screen" to know the game was won. so figured I would let people who would benefit more from it get the point/roles bonus. I still consider that game won though.


    I actually do this quite frequently as a neutral, win the game solo but suicide to give away the win screen. I find it boosts the spirits in the games due to the surprise randomness to it - usually always ends in laughs. Hell, doomed towns in a 1v1v1 with maf, town, SK feel defeated and the game is done. Usually town sides with an SK. When I am SK in those scenarios I either kill the last town and suicide (if there is a neutral left to give them solo win or if a jester or exe has won) or just suicide and let town have it. I already won, just giving away the win screen =P Plus, people get to see new win screens which drive them to start trying to get solo wins and looking into the games achievements.

    on a side note, I also like the meta it adds to games. If town has to be skeptical of neutral benigns siding with them or mafia, why shouldent Mafia have to be more skeptical of neutral evils? =) Makes for some fun twists!
    Last edited by Distorted; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

    Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

  16. #16

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    Eh, I was the judge so I will chime in on this.

    1v1v1 with arsonist (efe) me (judge) and town (who was apparently mayor, never revealed)

    I never courted or talked at night, so I was surfing on a survivor claim. My goal was to solo win with never once calling court (complete surprise win screen). Town would have thought they won, then Judge wins would come instead =P

    However, After guiltying the Arsonist, the mayor started talking about how happy he was to finally get incognito. Well, since I was an evil role left another night happened. During the night chat I stated that all I had to do was AFK and I won, and that was enough knowing I took that game. I didn't need the win screen or points that followed, so suicided to give the Mayor his incognito.

    I didn't need the "win screen" to know the game was won. so figured I would let people who would benefit more from it get the point/roles bonus. I still consider that game won though.


    I actually do this quite frequently as a neutral, win the game solo but suicide to give away the win screen. I find it boosts the spirits in the games due to the surprise randomness to it - usually always ends in laughs. Hell, doomed towns in a 1v1v1 with maf, town, SK feel defeated and the game is done. Usually town sides with an SK. When I am SK in those scenarios I either kill the last town and suicide (if there is a neutral left to give them solo win or if a jester or exe has won) or just suicide and let town have it. I already won, just giving away the win screen =P Plus, people get to see new win screens which drive them to start trying to get solo wins and looking into the games achievements.

    on a side note, I also like the meta it adds to games. If town has to be skeptical of neutral benigns siding with them or mafia, why shouldent Mafia have to be more skeptical of neutral evils? =) Makes for some fun twists!

    Personally, I never betray any factions I side with. For example, I sometimes (admittedly, not always) commit suicide when my chosen factions loses.
    I always side with town as Survivor/Executioner/Amnesiac. Whenever I see people lynching Survivors just because, I want to cringe.
    And I always side with the evils (usually the Mafia) as Neutral Evil or Jester.
    Last edited by Magoroth; June 2nd, 2018 at 12:51 PM.

  17. #17

    Re: Discussion About The Morality Of Winning

    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Personally, I never betray any factions I side with. For example, I sometimes (admittedly, not always) commit suicide when my chosen factions loses.
    I always side with town as Survivor/Executioner/Amnesiac. Whenever I see people lynching Survivors just because, I want to cringe.
    And I always side with the evils (usually the Mafia) as Neutral Evil or Jester.
    If I'm neutral, I will always go for a solo win, whenever that option is affordable. I will always have mafia/killings needing me until the last day.
    And If I'm mafia/killing I will always try to make every faction except mine to lose. I will kill survivors/amnesiacs, witch/judge, and lynch exe if he has to survive. It gives me a sense of min-max'ing in mafia.
    I have no use for these bloodless minnows. Bring me a prey that will sate my bloodlust. I hunger.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •