1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Is roulette actually rng tho?

Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    RIP

Just don't play roulette is the lesson everyone has to learn eventually
    Exactly lol, I don't think roulette is really good. You either get 60k, which is useless, or 2k and be homeless. NO ROULETTE.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

It is and it is not. Roulette code is very basic working with the randomization SC provides. But its also a game of odds. The same as playing hands of poker you can curve your play to win you can also do so with roulette. If your looking for positive returns run high pull games and wait for those who join to play foolishly. Although their multiple pulls result in higher reward share (When threes multiple players) its less profitable to do so for reasons I wont go math nerd about.
    I can personally promise nobody gets a curved advantage in roulette regardless of how many points they have or if they are staff.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Roulette s not rng it s more of a like chance thing
    Whenever you pull you actually increase the bullet rate by 1/7 (on a 6 pull able roulette) u already have 1 7 chance from the first shot thrn on 2nr one u vr 2 7 etc etc
    U also have chance to jam the gun which s like 0.1% chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

8. ISO #8

It goes like
    Tour +1/amount of pulls +1
    On the first pull(0th round) u get 1/7 etc etc

9. ISO #9

Exactly lol, I don't think roulette is really good. You either get 60k, which is useless, or 2k and be homeless. NO ROULETTE.
    That s not like that tho u can only bet a small amount of ur points
    I ve approximatly 35k points mostly gained by roulette ( @Acriel papa s a love) which i only can bet about 175 or so
    What i mean is it s impossiblr you to lose more than 500 points in a single roulette lol

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Tauntshaman View Post
    no, i'm just feeling extremely unlucky after losing 5 times in a role to the same person and losing 1110 points in one game
    in 6 shot roulettes, the 3rd shot is 90% is the shot btw, pull twice then pass it back to him to win easily. that sprolly how you ve lost lol

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    im a good roulette player too by just betting less and passing the gun asap

on 1 vs 1 situations with 2 shots i literally use potato magic
    true, 2 shots is pure rng.
    but betting less means you earn less. I've had a game where there are 4 ppl each betting 1 point. in the end the unlucky guy lost 1 poin while 3 of us earned nothing.

'm trying to find a way to bet to make it the most profitable.
    say, in a 4 person game where other 3 ppl are all smart&rational enough and bets 20, 40, 80 accordingly, how much should you bet?
    the Jester Leader

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

no all fives games are 2 shots lol 1/8 chance
    nah that s specific 2 for 6 shots
    it s 3-4 in 7-8-9
    and 5 for 10-11
    7 for 13

it s getting too scary t 10+ shots so u might not wanna play those

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    nah that s specific 2 for 6 shots
    it s 3-4 in 7-8-9
    and 5 for 10-11
    7 for 13

it s getting too scary t 10+ shots so u might not wanna play those
    no, i'm saying all 5 fives have only 2 shots, the outcome is determined after the first shot, it has nothing to do with 3or4or5or6...or14
    the Jester Leader

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Superstition of mine, but I coulda sworn the first pull shoots far less than it should - the game felt weighted to the last few pulls.

p;edit in general when programming languages include an "rng function", the "rng function" does NOT seem balanced XD
    true,i was thinking that it's fake rng based on the names, points you bet, etc.
    the Jester Leader

20. ISO #20

Gambling is a risk vs reward situation. Its all about if its worth the risk.
    if risk>reward you shouldn't gamble
    if risk=reward you [i[shouldn't[i/] gamble
    if risk<reward you should gamble
    With virtual money this is how i gamble, I try to find low risk high reward gambles. However it is almost never so clear cut so if you are winning quit while you ahead and if find yourself close to winning again and again...stop before you sink more and more money in, if you think you can win you will keep spending money, that is mainly with slots but it can be applied to other gambling games as well
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    Gambling is a risk vs reward situation. Its all about if its worth the risk.
    if risk>reward you shouldn't gamble
    if risk=reward you [i[shouldn't[i/] gamble
    if risk<reward you should gamble
    With virtual money this is how i gamble, I try to find low risk high reward gambles. However it is almost never so clear cut so if you are winning quit while you ahead and if find yourself close to winning again and again...stop before you sink more and more money in, if you think you can win you will keep spending money, that is mainly with slots but it can be applied to other gambling games as well
    problem is it seems very fair. if there is only 2 shots, then it's fair game, and the game makes sure that the 2 ppl bets the same.
    i tries to make money by playing multi ppl roulette games and i managed to earn a total like 400pts, and i lost 1110 in this single game
    the Jester Leader

22. ISO #22

Superstition of mine, but I coulda sworn the first pull shoots far less than it should - the game felt weighted to the last few pulls.

p;edit in general when programming languages include an "rng function", the "rng function" does NOT seem balanced XD
    Of course.

Suppose a game of Russian Roulette with 8 slots.

1st shot: 1/8 chance of getting bullet.
    2nd shot: 1/7 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 1 because of first shot = 7 slots.
    3rd shot: 1/6 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 2 because of two first shots = 6 slots.
    And so on.

The nerd maths Helz didn't want to get into are basically something about the first shots getting together, to come to a probability that is rather high, which explains Hybrid's strategies.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

23. ISO #23

Instead of whing about it like them just risk it like me
    I ve gained 10 15 k ish points from roulettes lol

24. ISO #24
    Ganelon

Sounds like you were just unlucky. You've got to 'feel' the right time to pull in order to win roulette - I'm not being sarcastic or edgy, this is something I've noticed and it is actually true.

25. ISO #25

Of course.

2nd shot: 1/7 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 1 because of first shot = 7 slots.
    3rd shot: 1/6 chance of getting bullet, because 8 slots - 2 because of two first shots = 6 slots.
    And so on.

The nerd maths Helz didn't want to get into are basically something about the first shots getting together, to come to a probability that is rather high, which explains Hybrid's strategies.
    not true.

if one is the THIRD TO SHOOT (instead of third shot): 1/8 chance of getting bullet
    chance of the bullet not in the first 2=6/8
    chance of getting hit=1/6
    chance of dying as the third guy=1/6*6/8=1/8

It is all fair until second round comes.
    the Jester Leader

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Instead of whing about it like them just risk it like me
    I ve gained 10 15 k ish points from roulettes lol
    Then you're lucky lol

29. ISO #29

lol initially i posted this to discuss the code, and it turns out to be al about probablility
    There's no code problem though. That's why it's all about probabilities.

30. ISO #30

Of course.

And so on.

I'm not sure the way you're thinking about the probability is correct. If you add all the possibilities together, you should get 1.

But 1/8+1/7+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1=/=1.

1/8+1/7+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2=/=1 either.

31. ISO #31

I'm not sure the way you're thinking about the probability is correct. If you add all the possibilities together, you should get 1.

In a N chamber roulette, the Nth shot will always be 100% (or "1", as you call it)

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    In a N chamber roulette, the Nth shot will always be 100% (or "1", as you call it)
    When you've reached the N'th shot, the odds are 100%, yes. But at the start of the game before you know whether or not you'll reach the N'th shot, the probability that the Nth shot is chosen is not 100%. That would mean that in every game that's played the game goes to the last shot.

33. ISO #33

When you've reached the N'th shot, the odds are 100%, yes. But at the start of the game before you know whether or not you'll reach the N'th shot, the probability that the Nth shot is chosen is not 100%. That would mean that in every game that's played the game goes to the last shot.
    Ohhh true. I never realized he wanted calculate the odds of getting to each shot.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Isn't it 1/8th for each?
    Meaning it doesn't matter which player slot you are as long as you can divide chamber count with player count and each player has the same amount of possible shots...
    Right. So it's all fair game if there is n ppl with n shots. but if there are 6 shots with 4 ppl, then it becomes super unfair for the first 2 to go
    the Jester Leader

36. ISO #36

Mhmmm that's true. But there's another thing that makes you lie, and I forgot to put it: gun jamming. 1% gun jamming.

37. ISO #37

The roulette is basically rng only on choice of 1st player i guess.
    I knew it always.

The system:
    Let the roulette start with the 10 shots.

Shot 1: 1/10 chanice to die
    Shot 2: 1/9 chanice to die
    Shot 3: 1/8 chanice to die
    Shot 8: 1/3 chanice to die
    Shot 9: 1/2 chanice to die
    Shot 10: Loses the game.

Also it depend on the pull count of a 1 player.

6th pull in a row - die.
    The rewards calculation:

It depends on the bet and number of pulls in a row.

Pull-depend:

Pulled twice +25% to reward
    Pulled 3 times, +33% to reward
    Pulled 4 times, +66% to reward
    Pulled 5 times, +75 to reward
    Pulled 6 times, die.

Bet-depend:

Player 1 bets 10 points
    Player 2 bets 15 points
    Player 3 bets 100 points

Player 3 loses roulette.

15 > 10 on 50%
    50:2=25

So, the player 2 gets the 25% more pts, than player 1
    So, player 1 gets 25 pts and player 2 gets 75 pts.
    Maximum bet:

Maximum bet is the square root of all your points.

But:
    a+b+c ≥ d
    When a, b, c is the other's players bet and d is your bet.
    That's basically how the mechanics of roulette works.
    Hopefully i helped you with that question.
    Respond this message with a quote if i'm incorrect.
    Last edited by Arsonist; May 15th, 2018 at 10:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    That's basically how the mechanics of roulette works.
    Hopefully i helped you with that question.
    Respond this message with a quote if i'm incorrect.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    no. we are not talking about the basic -roulette, we are talking about -roulette a b

plus your thing is wrong. if p1 bet 10 and p2 bet 15, then then should get 40:60 on p3 death.
    the Jester Leader

39. ISO #39

All this can be avoided by just doing 2-person roulette, or no roulette. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

40. ISO #40