S-FM 254 Assassin in the Palace - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 254 Assassin in the Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Yeah, SJ was good. He always makes too complicated plans, always ending in failure because we all suck you were very susp but way too obvious on Distorted, so I thought you were Guard immediatly, along with Efe for his reaction. I didn't play really well :P my reads were 100% wrong...
    mine were 100% right but i did shit

superjacks plan didnt made any sense to me lol
    I Like Ice Cream

2. ISO #152

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    are you trying to say that im the worst on the bests because i couldnt find a good solution on the problem the random lynchers has caused?
    You played really well up until that point, when at a critical moment in the game - you didn't come up with a plan fast enough.
    But tbh, coming up with a plan after Distorted put himself in such a hard position - that's really insanely hard imo.
    I couldn't think of anything even after the game has ended. Both ideas that could have worked that I know of - both of them YOU came up with after the game had ended. Heck, you>me, because I couldn't come up with those ideas before you telling them?
    (voting distorted, or sacrificing yourself)

3. ISO #153

@SuperJack you sure your plans work on
    the greatest and best player and troll in EUMafia
    the greatest manipulator of NAMafia
    the tactical second incommand of the choooo's
    the least contributive FMChampion from EUMafia
    the new MVP (im still better than him/i cant go lower than this lol) of FMMafia?
    I Like Ice Cream

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    You played really well up until that point, when at a critical moment in the game - you didn't come up with a plan fast enough.
    But tbh, coming up with a plan after Distorted put himself in such a hard position - that's really insanely hard imo.
    I couldn't think of anything even after the game has ended. Both ideas that could have worked that I know of - both of them YOU came up with after the game had ended. Heck, you>me, because I couldn't come up with those ideas before you telling them?
    (voting distorted, or sacrificing yourself)
    i kinda played poorly because i used the easy route lol

i simply tried to push meta into thinking that i have again problems (whenever i have problems i act differently)
    thus making me not voting distorted a NAI thingy
    sadly you didnt knew much about me
    I Like Ice Cream

6. ISO #156

It doesn't to me either lol.
    But somehow it worked. Because of him I was super convinced that Efekann is King all game long. Every other townie helped me figuring out that distorted is King, lol.
    i think that wasnt a plan but random shittalking like i did (which is a plan in itself lol)
    I Like Ice Cream

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

ya, had ozy as the assassin (mainly because no1 else was really putting effort in, the solo player would want to put in the effort to hunt =P). I was wanting to run with the king paint on efekannn =P hence the careless voting. and hybrid had 4 posts all game.... I will never hesitate to lynch an afk/inactive lol too me its the principle of it.

but Hybrid PMing destroyed any plan possible around efe lol

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    lol whats funny, is all day 1 i was looking for clues like that =P but within individual posts. good to know though that those are looked at! going to make for some fun future games like this =D
    I have wet fantasies that I caught MMs hidden message and won the game before even first lynch happens.
    If only I did though.

But going quickly through the game again now after it is done - it seems basically all guards except SJ hinted that they know Distorted is the King?
    Not sure about Efekann, don't remember that well.
    But goddamnit guys! Like srsly? I would never have thought that anybody would have the balls to do that, much less most of you!
    WTFFFFFF. Imagine how risky it was. I just assumed not to look for that kind of thing because it's like "game throwing" in my eyes. Should have realized that people want to have fun.

12. ISO #162

lol whats funny, is all day 1 i was looking for clues like that =P but within individual posts. good to know though that those are looked at! going to make for some fun future games like this =D
    I thought you would get it, since it's the kind of things you usually look at... I was quite sad it was not seen

You playing next game, or are you too busy doing gardening?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #163

I thought you would get it, since it's the kind of things you usually look at... I was quite sad it was not seen

You playing next game, or are you too busy doing gardening?
    just signed =D Was waiting for a PM back from Thingyman on mafiauniverse to give me the start date of my game. Wanted to make sure that it didn't start like, midway through this game since they have been starting since the 7th.

My game on Mafia Universe starts on June 4th - at the same time I was starting the days on the Spirits game. (4 PM PST, or GMT -7)

Go here → → https://discord.gg/rYRT5Tz Type s.cat, enjoy.

14. ISO #164

15. ISO #165

I have wet fantasies that I caught MMs hidden message and won the game before even first lynch happens.
    If only I did though.

But going quickly through the game again now after it is done - it seems basically all guards except SJ hinted that they know Distorted is the King?
    Not sure about Efekann, don't remember that well.
    But goddamnit guys! Like srsly? I would never have thought that anybody would have the balls to do that, much less most of you!
    WTFFFFFF. Imagine how risky it was. I just assumed not to look for that kind of thing because it's like "game throwing" in my eyes. Should have realized that people want to have fun.
    i never truly tried to hint distorted being king (its pointless) but atleast i countered your playstyle until i and distorted and hybrid threw the game
    I Like Ice Cream

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

Quote Originally Posted by Noz_Bugz View Post
    always lynch hybrid, it will be worth it in the end
    Ya for u
    My salt carried over me to getting almosr banned tho
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

19. ISO #169

Ozy i ve nothing to say about ogc but call me an afker and shouldnt even sign up to games cuz he afk then i ll really stop respecting you
    The gamr started in mid day for me and i cant play the game properly when i m exhausted and u were litreally screaming out "IMEVIL" as well tho shw ppl wanted to lynch sj and then me shw
    Oh also when the 2nd day started i was sleeping and got turbolynched while I was sleeping so that s the reason y u see 2 total post count there

20. ISO #170

So call me an "afker that shouldnt even be signing to games" again then i ll disrespect you more than blink disrespected mm in the first couplr of games they ve played togheter

Btw I highly think that the ogc blame of yours is just to be able to ban me from ur games/me not being able to play not bcuz of you geniuenly think that im a cheater but it s bcuz u dont want a person who afks in the games
    But still u went for it anyway hope u got sth accomplished
    Hf in ur games since u got rid of an afker gj

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

just signed =D Was waiting for a PM back from Thingyman on mafiauniverse to give me the start date of my game. Wanted to make sure that it didn't start like, midway through this game since they have been starting since the 7th.

My game on Mafia Universe starts on June 4th - at the same time I was starting the days on the Spirits game. (4 PM PST, or GMT -7)
    Yay =)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

23. ISO #173

Feels like a setup in which the Assassin has to be random lynched D1 or D2 otherwise it's really difficult for Town?

Anyway, @Hybrid , I honestly think there is no problem at all to just ask for my role when you "dead". And I think it doesn't matter if I tell you it or not, or hint it by saying "I am the True King!". But giving your reads as a dead person though - it would always influence the game, no matter what role I am.

24. ISO #174

25. ISO #175

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    This is a setup that really become pointless if people meta game it. Who wants to play a setup where there is no talking and just random lynching? No fun
    It's fun for Assassin though. And a bit for King, probably.

I think that this is more like a relaxing type of setup than a serious one. Sure, you wouldn't want to play it multiple times in a row. But every once in a while it could be fun. Players just goofing around and stuff .

I just wish it was larger tbh. Like 10 green guys, 2 red guys perhaps. Because it finishes so fast that you don't even have time to enjoy it <-- now THAT'S the real issue!

26. ISO #176

Feels like a setup in which the Assassin has to be random lynched D1 or D2 otherwise it's really difficult for Town?

Anyway, @Hybrid , I honestly think there is no problem at all to just ask for my role when you "dead". And I think it doesn't matter if I tell you it or not, or hint it by saying "I am the True King!". But giving your reads as a dead person though - it would always influence the game, no matter what role I am.
    You weren't obvious though, you played well... and got lucky because some of us misunderstood a post lol.
    And this is true, if the person you're telling the info is honest and will not share it. I'm pretty sure Hybrid is. Just, be careful. If he wants to OGC, turn the subject of the chat away :P

27. ISO #177

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    This is a setup that really become pointless if people meta game it. Who wants to play a setup where there is no talking and just random lynching? No fun
    Ozy is right: this is a funny setup where you mess around. It allows us to leave cryptic messages too. I enjoyed the game, but wouldn't replay it right now.

28. ISO #178

29. ISO #179

The idea was fun... there were little things... anyway. Not gonna explain that to a close minded

30. ISO #180

The issue (IMO) is having a setup that statistically fares best with the least amount of communication possible.

The thing that needs to be added is a 24-h lynch gate with an X post minimum by the 24 hour with a harsh modkill/replace policy. No turbo-lynches, no bullshit.

I'd probably sign for this if this were to be added, but the whole setup is probably just cucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

31. ISO #181

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    The issue (IMO) is having a setup that statistically fares best with the least amount of communication possible.
    It's still the Players' own decision to go for that "Let's not communicate!" strategy.
    They could have easily gone for that "Let's troll or WIFOM around like no tomorrow!" strategy.

I still think the only problem with this setup is that it finishes so fast. I would prefer to double the player count.

32. ISO #182
    Ganelon

I don't think leaving cryptic messages around is a good idea... WIFOM'ing about the King is a dangerous strategy

33. ISO #183
    Ganelon

What exactly is supposed to happen after the Assassin is lynched? Does day discussion continue?

34. ISO #184

Host tells Assassin to take his shot so they still has a chance to win even from the grave.

This is why the random lynching is so bad. With a larger player pool for the guards to work with it may be feasible since they have a lot of room to work with to get the Assassin. The more Guards that get lynched however the better it becomes for the Assassin so its a ticking bomb strategy where at a certain point the favour flips to the Assassin. Regardless of it being a valid tactic or not, it's a stupid one that goes against the spirit of the game.

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186
    Ganelon

What do you suggest Guards do if not random lynching? Lynching is mandatory and scumhunting gives clues to the Assassin.
    The Guards aren't the only ones who're supposed to scum-hunt, you know. And personally if I were Guard I wouldn't look at my role card, except to find out my role. I don't want to know who the King is. You'd have to be careful about who you'll push, and I think every town member should act as if they were the King themselves.

37. ISO #187
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    The Guards aren't the only ones who're supposed to scum-hunt, you know. And personally if I were Guard I wouldn't look at my role card, except to find out my role. I don't want to know who the King is. You'd have to be careful about who you'll push, and I think every town member should act as if they were the King themselves.
    No qualms about being lynched - fundamentally, it doesn't matter if you die, unless you're the King. And if you're the King you will never be lynched. So you'd have to be extremely careful

38. ISO #188

What do you suggest Guards do if not random lynching? Lynching is mandatory and scumhunting gives clues to the Assassin.
    Days are 48 hours so all players have plenty of time to actually put some effort in the game and make some WIFOM plays. Make fake trains, refuse to vote someone, etc just name a couple to confuse the Assassin and make the game actually worthwhile. Just because lynching is mandatory doesn't mean the fundamentals of the game go out the window.

39. ISO #189

40. ISO #190

It goes without saying that the setup seems very hard for town.

In conventional mafia vs. town games, the mafia has a pivotal secret to hide (the fact that they're mafia) but they also typically have a scum chat to coordinate and discuss how to handle this secret. Even if they don't chat much, they still know each-other's identities, so they can subtly work in tandem with one another. There are also a few of them, so there's physically less chances for one of them to fuck up. Plus, even if one does fuck up, it may get drowned out by the many town posts.

The dynamics are completely different in this game, though. In this game, it's the town that has a big secret to hide, but they also need to find a big secret of their own to win (who the assassin is), and they have no chat and do not know who most of their team are. Thus they have no way to coordinate hiding their secret and maintaining their agenda. (and lots of players = lots of opportunities for slips).

In a sense, the town has to deal with the psychological disadvantages of playing scum and town simultaneously. Typically, a high town count gives town more influence, but here it just allows more opportunities for slipups. Though it may also allow more king suspects. Perhaps in future iterations of this game a couple of guards could know one-another and share a day-chat or something else could be added to give the town some power to influence the game's flow.

Overall, I agree that undertaking lots of random lynches is probably the optimal strategy for town, because the assassin cannot derive any information from such lynches. However, this game did not feature the best execution of such a strategy. Towns would have probably seen more success if they played a much more argumentative, fickle style. Going back and forth on different votes rather than sticking to the first random vote and not being afraid to push the king as well as everyone else would greatly help town. This would mean the assassin would at least have doubts if his lucky random vote on the king did not result in a lynch. The first couple of days seem crucial for fabricating as many associations as possible to give the king a place to blend in.

I don't say this from the POV of someone who's thinking "pfft shit town". I would probably do a bad job playing the difficult style I'm describing in a subtle manner. I'm just making observations as an outsider.
    Last edited by yzb25; May 19th, 2018 at 06:44 AM.

41. ISO #191

So basically, in my eyes, it's a game that favors inaction.
    No lynching is great, no talking helps the town.
    The setup is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

42. ISO #192

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    So basically, in my eyes, it's a game that favors inaction.
    No lynching is great, no talking helps the town.
    The setup is flawed.
    Exactly. It's just made to troll around lol.

43. ISO #193

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    It goes without saying that the setup seems very hard for town.
    The wiki page, from which this setup was taken from, says that Town has 60% win rate, according to statistics of the games played.

The thing about that mafia wiki site is - the Scum always have higher win %, even in some ridiculous heavily town favored setups.

Taken those 2 things together, I can't help but assume that the setup is town favored. I trust numbers.
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 19th, 2018 at 11:16 AM.

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    They only played 5 games man. You can hardly consider that a meaningful sample. And of the 3 games town won, one involved an assassin that screwed up so hard it was borderline gamethrowing. Furthermore, they were playing with 7 guards rather than 4.
    Basically: we had 0 chance. Yay.