1. ISO #1
    Ganelon

FM Siege of Antwerp

Faction Roles Mechanics
    Defenders (Belgian Army) Belgian General - 1
    Garrison Soldier - 5
    Franc-tireur - 2
    Major - 1

Food: Start with 5 units of Food. Once Food runs out, you automatically lose.
    Attackers (German Army) German General - 1
    Soldat - 7
    Abteilung Agent - 2
    Captain - 1
    If at any point you have fewer members than the Defenders, you automatically lose.

Rolecards:
    Belgian General (Mayor/Magistrate)
    You share a day chat with the Garrison Soldiers, the Major and with the Abteilung Agents.
    You share a night chat with the Francs-tireurs.
    You are lynchproof on the first Day.

Major (Role Cop/Investigator)
    You share a day chat with the other Belgians.
    You can check a
    German's role each night.

Franc-tireur (Mafioso)
    You do not take part in your faction's day chat, sharing instead a day chat with the Germans.
    You share a night chat with the Belgian Generaland with the other Franc-tireur.
    If the Abteilung Agents have been eliminated, you gain a factional night kill.

German General (Mayor/Magistrate)
    You share a day chat with the Soldats, the Captain and with the Francs-tireurs.
    You share a night chat with the Abteilung Agents.
    You are lynchproof on the first Day.

Belgian's role each night.

You share a day chat with the other Soldats, with the German General, the Captain and with the Francs-tireurs.

Abteilung Agent (Mafioso)

You do not take part in your faction's day chat, instead sharing a day chat with the Belgians.
    You share a night chat with the German General and with the other Abteilung Agent.
    If the Francs-tireurs have been eliminated, you gain a factional night kill.

Special Mechanics:
    Each faction has its own day chat.
    One can only interact with those who are part of their day chat (exceptions made for the two Commanders and the Saboteur Teams).
    The Defenders start with five units of food.
    One unit of food is consumed per day.

Win Conditions:
    Eliminate the enemy team's Commander.
    Additionally:
    Belgians: Have at least one unit of food left.
    Germans: Ensure that there are at least as many Germans as Belgians.
    Last edited by ; May 7th, 2018 at 03:42 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: FM Siege of Antwerp

I just want to write the chats down in table in hopes to remember it now:
    Belgian
    German
    Belgian Day Chat Belgian Night Chat
    1. General
    2. Soldiers
    3. Major
    4. Abteilung Agents

1. General
    2. Franctireurs
    German Day Chat German Night Chat
    1. General
    2. Soldats
    3. Captain
    4. Franctireurs
    1. General
    2. Abteilung Agents
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 3rd, 2018 at 12:14 PM.

3. ISO #3

1. I take it this game would have 2 or 4 game threads, right?
    2. If the 2 day chats are public game threads, does that means that the 2 night chats are too?
    3. Can't the Belgians just see who the Abteilung Agent is by checking the German Night Chat Thread?
    4. Captain and Mayor - they want to find who is the one enemy amongst them in their day chat, right? So they have a list of whom they can target? Can't they just crosscheck that list with who is in their day chat and that is the saboteur?
    5. What happens after Belgians run out of food?
    6. Why can't the Commanders just role claim at games start? Then they can never get lynched and therefore can never lose apart from the "Additional Win Conditions", right?

• I understand that the only way to kill enemy teams Commander(General) is to lynch him? I just dont see why they couldn't role claim start of game. Only one to counter claim them would be Saboteurs. But for that you have Mayor/Captain to see who is lying, right?

Last edited by OzyWho; May 3rd, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

4. ISO #4
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    1. I take it this game would have 2 or 4 game threads, right?
    2. If the 2 day chats are public game threads, does that means that the 2 night chats are too?
    3. Can't the Belgians just see who the Abteilung Agent is by checking the German Night Chat Thread?
    4. Captain and Mayor - they want to find who is the one enemy amongst them in their day chat, right? So they have a list of whom they can target? Can't they just crosscheck that list with who is in their day chat and that is the saboteur?
    5. What happens after Belgians run out of food?
    6. Why can't the Commanders just role claim at games start? Then they can never get lynched and therefore can never lose apart from the "Additional Win Conditions", right?
      • I understand that the only way to kill enemy teams Commander(General) is to lynch him? I just dont see why they couldn't role claim start of game. Only one to counter claim them would be Saboteurs. But for that you have Mayor/Captain to see who is lying, right?
    1. 2 game threads for the day chats, two separate discord servers for the night chats.
    2. I'm not sure if the two Day Chats should be public or not yet. The two Nights chats are private.
    3. Nope. Read what I've posted.
    4. They can only check people not part of their day chat.
    5. They lose.
    6. If they role claim, they will run the risk of being targeted at night if they fail to find and kill their Mafiosi in time

I'm planning to add some roles to ensure that the two factions have some way of influencing each other.
    Last edited by ; May 3rd, 2018 at 01:03 PM.

5. ISO #5

So each team wants to Lynch the enemies saboteur amongst them so their own saboteur can kill the enemies General (who was found by Mayor/Captain).

Belgians have higher chance Lynching the enemies saboteur but they have only 5 game days to do it.
    While the Germans are not allowed to just speedlynch it.

Ok, I think I understand this setup.

Do the teams need to Lynch both of their enemies saboteurs for their own saboteurs to be able to kill?
    Or is it 1 for 1? (Lynch 1 to enable 1)
    Getting 2 correct lynches in 4 game days out of 10 players seems unlikely for Belgians.
    Will both saboteurs be able to kill if your team lynches the enemies?
    Last edited by OzyWho; May 3rd, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

6. ISO #6
    Ganelon

So each team wants to Lynch the enemies saboteur amongst them so their own saboteur can kill the enemies General (who was found by Mayor/Captain).

Belgians have higher chance Lynching the enemies saboteur but they have only 5 game days to do it.
    While the Germans are not allowed to just speedrun have.

Ok, I think I understand this setup.

Do the teams need to Lynch both of their enemies saboteurs for their own saboteurs to be able to kill?
    Or is it 1 for 1? (Lynch 1 to enable 1)
    Getting 2 correct lynches in 4 game days out of 10 players seems low probable.
    Will both saboteurs be able to kill if your team lynches the enemies?
    Yes, they have to Lynch both of them.
    No, only one of the saboteurs gets the kill. It's a factional kill.
    Getting 2 correct lynches in 4 game days out of 10 players seems low probable. Is it? The Germans don't need to speed run this - they can just take it easier than the Belgians. Besides, there's a lot of potential for the Saboteurs to slip, since they have direct access to a whole new day chat through the Commander ^^ and the Captain acts as an informal Consigliere for his faction.
    Last edited by ; May 3rd, 2018 at 01:25 PM.

7. ISO #7

Getting 2 correct lynches in 4 game days out of 10 players seems unlikely for Belgians.
    But I did understand the 4 days part right, right? That Belgians have to Lynch enemy saboteurs in 4 days, because game ends for them after 5th and their own saboteurs still have to kill the enemy General?
    Maybe getting 2 out of 10 in 4 tries is doable, but what about the other team? Germans might think to themselves "hey, they will probably fail. Let's just sit back, not play and wait for them to, hopefully, lose without us doing anything."
    It probably wouldn't happen, but there is always that chance. At the very least, if that happens, then others in the future wouldn't want to host this again. And that is not what you would want, right? :P
    Having said that, I have no idea how to pressure Germans against such strategy. Maybe allow the Belgian saboteurs to kill a German if Germans don't Lynch anyone? This would also, indirectly, pressure Belgians to take things more slowly.
    But it also is like making Germans lynching to be mandatory, in which case - the Belgians can just decide to not lynch/play and wait for Germans to auto-lose.
    Again not good...

I feel like need to pressure Germans to play somehow, I just don't know how though.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Lol, It seems none of you are making my Job easy XD Love you peeps tho <3
    Don't worry. As time goes by and he will try to balance this - he will sooner or later realize that he can make it balanced only by making both teams identical. At which point it will be impossible to not Approve due to balance issues.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.