S-FM Spirits II (13P)
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM Spirits II (13P)

Spoiler : Host Requirements :
    Host needs to have access to editing peoples posts. During Virus deaths the vote-count is to be adjusted during their death post, and not EoD. So, the host needs to be able to edit an unvote in 1 of the first posts, or irrelevant posts, of the infected/dead players post.

Spoiler : ChangeLog :
    Changes from the original setup:
    • Added Trapper and adjusted roles to accommodate
    • Changed Shaman protection to 1 night
    • Removed Miller and added Tracker/Detective
    • Added Agent to Omega Wolfs role
    • Last Wills Enabled

Spoiler : ChangeLog 07/11/2019 :
    1) Renamed Trapper to Virus
    2) Changed Virus color from Virus to Virus
    3) Removed Detection abilities from Virus.
    Spoiler : Removed :
    The Virus may choose to appear as a citizen to investigative roles or show him visiting targets. If he does not choose it will default to inactive citizen.

4) Reduced the Vigilante shots from 3 to 2.

Alpha Spirit Wolf (Godfather)
    Beta Spirit Wolf (Consigliere)
    Omega Spirit Wolf (Strongman/Agent)

Shaman (White Mage)
    Hunter (Vigilant)
    Spiritualist (Sheriff)
    Random Tribesman
    Random Tribesman
    Random Tribesman
    Tribesman (Citizen)
    Tribesman (Citizen)
    Tribesman (Citizen)

Virus

Spoiler : Roles :

Alpha Wolf
    You have final say investigation and night kill.
    As long as beta is alive you are night kill immune and immune to poison
    As long as omega is alive you are investigation immune
    Beta Wolf
    Each Night you may check someone for their role (Spirit will show as such)
    If Alpha is to be lynched you will become the new alpha.
    As long as you are alive, Alpha can not be killed.
    Omega Wolf
    Once in the game you may make the kill bypass the white mage protection.
    Every night you may watch 1 player to see who they visit and who visits them - cannot be
    used the same night as the kill bypass.
    You do not become beta or alpha on their death.
    As long as you are alive, the Alpha is investigative immune..

Shaman (White Mage)
    Each night you may target someone and use the spirit of the bear to protect them from a single attack.
    This protection will last 1 night
    Neither you nor the player will be informed if a heal is successful
    Targeting a scum will protect them for that night
    The night after someone is protected they will show up as a spirit to the sheriff due to the bears presence
    Hunter (Vigilante)
    You can shoot someone at night, limited to 2 shots.
    You can shoot night one
    Spiritualist (Sheriff)
    Each night check someone to see if they are a spirit
    Results will come back as Not a Spirit/Spirit
    Anyone who was visited by the shaman the previous night will show up as a spirit the following night.
    The white mage can not protect you, if you are targeted by white mage you will be role blocked but lean his/her identity.
    Spirit Tracker (Detective)
    Track one person each night, seeing who they visit. If the Omega Wolf is alive the Alpha
    wolf appears to be an innactive citizen.
    Tribesman/Local Citizen
    You have the power of voting
    Random Tribesman

Virus

The Virus may choose from 1 of the 2 abilities:

1) (Serial Killer) At night infect someone with a Virus. The person who is infected will randomly die the next day (decided by 48h RNG). If a wolf attacks, kills, and eats
    that person the same night they are infected, the wolf will become infected instead; the player
    attacked still dies. If the player is protected that night, the player is still infected, and not the wolf.

2) (Mass Murderer) At night release a highly contagious Virus at someones camp. Anyone who visits that player that
    night will become infected and die
    within 96 hours (RNG). Players who do not visit are considered visiting themself, and will be infected.

This becomes 48 hours if all 3 wolves are dead.

Mechanics on Virus:

The Shaman protects against Virus infection the night of being infected. If the player is attacked
    on the same night they are infected - the shaman is too busy protecting from the wolf to realize
    that the player they are protecting was infected.

If the Virus is lynched during the day, the town is cured of anyone who is currently infected (and alive).
    If the Virus is killed at night (even by vigilante), any wolf that is infected is now cured.

The Virus is immune to day 1 lynch.

The Virus may target himself and is immune to infection.

If someone gets infected again while already infected, they become contagious and anybody
    who visits them until their death becomes infected as well.

Each person infected gets their own RNG; except for if a wolf eats an infected player, then they inherit
    the remaining time that player has.

If the Beta wolf is alive and the alpha wolf gets infected, the alpha wolf will become sick the following night and not be able to attack. The Alpha wolf will not be notified until the night is over that he has become sick.

If someone dies by infection, they are notified by the host, a message is posted up that they have died and they are to immediately stop posting. Their role will not be revealed until the end of that day; if they die at night, it will say that they were found dead from a Virus and their role will be revealed. Vote-count will also be changed accordingly with the post of their death.

Wincons
    Wolf spirits:
    Gain living majority and/or have nothing from preventing it
    Town: Eliminate the Wolf spirits, Virus, and have a living player.
    Virus: Be the last player alive or bring the game to 1v1. Virus wins all ties while living.

% Town Randoms
    0 TPR = 12.4%
    1 TPR = 28.2%
    2 TPR = 45.4%
    3 TPR = 14%

OoO
    Strongman Kill
    White Mage
    Virus infection
    Hunter/Wolf Spirit Kill
    Investigative Results
    Last will Publications

Mechanics
    48 hrs days
    24 hrs night
    Lynch is 51%
    If day starts and nobody is alive the game will be declared a draw

Rules
    Hosts reserves right to replace players at any time.
    No OGC
    No editing or deleting posts.
    Video and pics are encouraged
    No quoting PM's
    English only.
    Play to wincon at all times

This is a remake of the "Spirit" save original hosted by @ika and @Empathy17 - their original save can be found here:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...98-S-FM-Spirts
    Last edited by Distorted; July 17th, 2019 at 02:13 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    Ganelon

Re: S-FM Spirits II

/sign when you'll be hosting this, looks interesting

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    This has to be 3rd time this forum thread/topic was created?
    One that you said was deleted.
    2nd one in this invisible'ish subforum section
    And 3rd time this.

What is happening?
    I don't know...I never got a PM or any information of why it was deleted lol so im inclined to believe it was just a troll thing/mistake?. I created a subforum to edit FM setups in before posting them here - since I usually edit on-site.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
    I don't know...I never got a PM or any information of why it was deleted lol so im inclined to believe it was just a troll thing/mistake?. I created a subforum to edit FM setups in before posting them here - since I usually edit on-site.
    So this Setup Workshop subforum is for approving only?

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

I thought it was a place to edit and build them....lol I'm not sure need to wait for an admin to get on to clarify that because either i was trolled or I am missing something......
    I was refering to:
    I created a subforum to edit FM setups in before posting them here
    which was refering to this...

9. ISO #9

I was refering to:

which was refering to this...

aye, the one i was working on in here got deleted; so i created another 1 there. I also reposted it back here because I have no reasons why it was deleted lol I didn't have the setup backed up, luckily magoroth had it open still on his computer so he could copy paste it to me

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

What about making the GF immune to poison?
    1) either have him immune so it doesnt effect him while beta wolf is alive
    or
    2) if he gets poisoned he gets sick the following night so he cant kill (pretty much a RB)
    I added in option 2. while the beta is alive the alpha is immune to poison, but will get sick the following night thus RBing him.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

honestly, I love the role list. literally everyone could be a TPR and that could make fake claiming WAY easier. Also I like how the Alpha is dependent on their Beta and Omega to be night immune and invest immune. Could lead to less bussing and more aggressive defense of scum buddies?
    "I don't take advice from people less successful than me"
    ~Kanye West

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Wow super save, can't wait to play this I have actually nothing to say against anything... it's just great lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

The only potential issue I could see with this setup would be playerside conflicts, not the actual balance itself.

The fact that players die from poison during the day could throw people for a loop. If a player dies three hours before EoD and the votes get reset then it could lead to a very messy situation. I'd keep it to a static 24hr time or death at the end of the following day/night. The RNG mechanic behind trapper is unecessary and causes too many problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    The only potential issue I could see with this setup would be playerside conflicts, not the actual balance itself.

The fact that players die from poison during the day could throw people for a loop. If a player dies three hours before EoD and the votes get reset then it could lead to a very messy situation. I'd keep it to a static 24hr time or death at the end of the following day/night. The RNG mechanic behind trapper is unecessary and causes too many problems.
    well the votes dont get reset - the votes remain on the people but if it was 5 to lynch, and WOULD change to 4, it will go down to 4. so if some1 was at L-1 then it would result in a lynch.

20. ISO #20

well the votes dont get reset - the votes remain on the people but if it was 5 to lynch, and WOULD change to 4, it will go down to 4. so if some1 was at L-1 then it would result in a lynch.
    Btw, how does that work from the hosts perspective? Like how does he/she change how many votes required for a lynch?

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

There is no Hunter Rolecard?

Spiritualist (Sheriff) "Anyone under the second night protection will show up Spirit"
    but you have changed it so
    Shaman (White Mage) "This protection will last 1 night"

This is an error please clarify?

What is the purpose of the day 1 immunity for Trapper?

What does the Spiritualist (Sheriff) read trapper as?

Can the Shaman (White Mage) save someone on their second night of poison (During the 96 hour MM period)?

Can Shaman (White Mage) target self?

If someone dies on their second night of the poison (During the MM 96 hour period) do they still manage to use their roles ability?

Are last wills available from the start?

Is millar completely removed?

If 51% votes is reached, does it end the day there and then? Or does the day only end at set times?

Can the Spirit Tracker be protected by the Shaman?

Does the Spirit Tracker see people visiting themselves and not visiting anyone as the same?

Can the trapper be protected by the Shaman?

Are players informed of being poisoned?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    There is no Hunter Rolecard?

Spiritualist (Sheriff) "Anyone under the second night protection will show up Spirit"
    but you have changed it so
    Shaman (White Mage) "This protection will last 1 night"

This is an error please clarify?

What is the purpose of the day 1 immunity for Trapper?

What does the Spiritualist (Sheriff) read trapper as?

Can the Shaman (White Mage) save someone on their second night of poison (During the 96 hour MM period)?

Can Shaman (White Mage) target self?

If someone dies on their second night of the poison (During the MM 96 hour period) do they still manage to use their roles ability?

Are last wills available from the start?

Is millar completely removed?

If 51% votes is reached, does it end the day there and then? Or does the day only end at set times?

Can the Spirit Tracker be protected by the Shaman?

Does the Spirit Tracker see people visiting themselves and not visiting anyone as the same?

Can the trapper be protected by the Shaman?

Are players informed of being poisoned?
    -Added hunter rolecard

-Fixed wording on "second night protection"

-purpose of day 1 trapper immunity is to ensure that he has at least 1 night to spread poison. This is for more seeing how the town reacts to such a role being in existance (and deciding if i want to use a similar role in future setups)

-the sheriff reads trapper as not spirit

-no, once someone is already poisoned they cannot be saved - they can only be saved the night of being poisoned.

-Shaman cannot target self

-If someone dies at night while being poisoned; they WILL use their ability.

-Last wills ARE available from the start

-the miller is gone. part of the reasoning is it didn't make too much sense to me...would sound like town would half want him dead for the LWs lol

-when 51% votes are reached the day ends at the closest 24 hour mark. so the time of day start and night start will be the same each day.

-yes the spirit tracker can be protected by the shaman .

-people visiting themselves is different than not visiting.

-Yes the trapper can be protected by the Shaman

-Players are NOT informed of being poisoned.

Side note: A trapper poison is considered an attack the night its given - so if there is 2 shamans on 1 person, if that person is attacked and poisoned, both will be prevented. But if there is only 1 shaman and the player is attacked and poisoned the same night, only the attack is prevented, but the poison is not.
    Last edited by Distorted; March 23rd, 2018 at 04:52 PM.

24. ISO #24

So... basically, trapper makes MYLO happen a day earlier?
    That's... not something I'm a fan of.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

So... basically, trapper makes MYLO happen a day earlier?
    That's... not something I'm a fan of.
    and mylo happening a day earlier is a scenario if he kills 1 person... What if the most town read all of a sudden drops, and potentially flips scum even. I feel the role allows for a lot of curveballs to be thrown. certainty of "we will lynch someone today" or having voting power is never a certain thing while the trapper is alive. even then, it will take 48-96 hours for people to start feeling "safe" from random poisons.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

and mylo happening a day earlier is a scenario if he kills 1 person... What if the most town read all of a sudden drops, and potentially flips scum even. I feel the role allows for a lot of curveballs to be thrown. certainty of "we will lynch someone today" or having voting power is never a certain thing while the trapper is alive. even then, it will take 48-96 hours for people to start feeling "safe" from random poisons.
    My main problem is that it makes the day end earlier than expected. The lynch is the one thing the majority controls. By upsetting the lynch mechanics, you seriously nerf the town.

29. ISO #29

My main problem is that it makes the day end earlier than expected. The lynch is the one thing the majority controls. By upsetting the lynch mechanics, you seriously nerf the town.
    if you read the setup it doesnt make the day end any earlier. Only a lynch (which happens in EVERY setup) ends the day early. They die and the day continues. I offset the "nerfing town" for adding more TPRs. If you take a look at the original setup the town won on day 2 with 0 issues because it was completely OP. Not only have i buffed the town, the only real difference I have added is a neutral role that can harm town or mafia.

You are making assumptions off a worse case scenario for town, which would still take 2 nights and 3 days of false mis-lynches to even put town on MYLO; that is with town be targetted by every negative effect. And even after that 3 day 2 night period, Trapper still has (now greater) chance of poisoning some mafia.

What if he poisons a mafia N1? is town still nerfed?

Mafia is a game of chance; in any setup there is a possibility that luck will tilt the favor of the game early on - this setup is no different.
    Last edited by Distorted; March 24th, 2018 at 02:04 AM.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33
    Ganelon

Due to the poison mechanic, people are going to be very reticent about putting others to L-1 from D2 onward, until they kill the Neutral. L-1 could spell a death sentence unless one of the people who're voting is poisoned, or if the guy who reaches L-1 gets poisoned... this may end up being beneficial because all Scum other than The Godfather will try to avoid being poisoned by staying under the radar and soft-claiming something like Citizen, likely resulting in either The Godfather or a Townie/TPR receiving poison. In a sense this setup will also cause Investigatives to be more aggressive once they have leads.

34. ISO #34

Original thread got deleted? Not sure if it was a troll or what happened; if there is a reason please provide a PM or SOMETHING that states it.
    Yes, we "had a reason to delete it".
    Last edited by Arsonist; March 26th, 2018 at 05:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

35. ISO #35

Mafia is a game of chance; in any setup there is a possibility that luck will tilt the favor of the game early on - this setup is no different.
    As in SJ's which witch version: witches without a nightkill was bad luck and caused their loss.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    As in SJ's which witch version: witches without a nightkill was bad luck and caused their loss.
    In the Witches game, the Mafia failed to communicate correctly and made their team to obvious, setup was fine.
    I choose the roles that showed, as I aimed for the game to be heavily communication based, yet the opposite happened XD
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

37. ISO #37

In the Witches game, the Mafia failed to communicate correctly and made their team to obvious, setup was fine.
    I choose the roles that showed, as I aimed for the game to be heavily communication based, yet the opposite happened XD
    What roles were the other witch and witch hunter? I saw in the graveyard Crier+Judge, but don't know the others. Probably somewhere in the thread, but I am far too lazy to read it :P

38. ISO #38
    Ganelon

What roles were the other witch and witch hunter? I saw in the graveyard Crier+Judge, but don't know the others. Probably somewhere in the thread, but I am far too lazy to read it :P
    Iced Monopoly was Architect and I think Scvmurderer was Consort

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

I aimed for the game to be heavily communication based
    Architect, Mafia Architect, Judge, Crier
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. You be crazy!

I wonder how should the Witches had played it out to win the game. Even on something simple as role claiming - they can only CC or try claiming Citizens.

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

@Distorted heeeyy I got a super dumb question, but it's not specified in the setup... Do the wolves share a night chat? ^^

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

@Distorted , how did you manage that quoting role cards is impossible?

Also: "The night after someone is protected they will show up as a spirit to the sheriff due to the bears presence" - Is that line there only for when doctor protects an evil (and therefore evil has a bear)?

Spirits are the green guys, right?

"Each Night you may check someone for their role (Spirit will show as such)" - I don't quite understand it. I understand it as this: it shows role while also showing if it's spirit or not spirit.... anti_sheriff + consig. Why would he be interested in spirit / not spirit.... wut.. i dont understand

"As long as you are alive, Alpha can not be killed." - does that mean Alpha can't be lynched before Beta is dead?

When beta becomes alpha - he can only be detection immune, right?

45. ISO #45
    Ganelon

@Distorted , how did you manage that quoting role cards is impossible?

Also: "The night after someone is protected they will show up as a spirit to the sheriff due to the bears presence" - Is that line there only for when doctor protects an evil (and therefore evil has a bear)?

Spirits are the green guys, right?

"Each Night you may check someone for their role (Spirit will show as such)" - I don't quite understand it. I understand it as this: it shows role while also showing if it's spirit or not spirit.... anti_sheriff + consig. Why would he be interested in spirit / not spirit.... wut.. i dont understand

"As long as you are alive, Alpha can not be killed." - does that mean Alpha can't be lynched before Beta is dead?

When beta becomes alpha - he can only be detection immune, right?
    Spirit = Mafia.
    Tribesman = Town
    Trapper = Neutral Killing.

Not Spirit = Not Mafia.

In essence, what happens is that if the Sheriff checks someone who was protected by a Shaman, the Sheriff will get the feedback that their target is Mafia.
    @OzyWho

Alpha Wolf

Last edited by ; April 3rd, 2018 at 09:09 AM.

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    Spirit = Mafia.
    Tribesman = Town
    Trapper = Neutral Killing.

Not Spirit = Not Mafia.

In essence, what happens is that if the Sheriff checks someone who was protected by a Shaman, the Sheriff will get the feedback that their target is Mafia.
    @OzyWho

Alpha Wolf

Ok. And what about "Spirit will show as such"? What is the meaning of that sentence?

47. ISO #47
    Ganelon

Ok. And what about "Spirit will show as such"? What is the meaning of that sentence?
    Good question... @Distorted what does that mean?

48. ISO #48

Good question... @Distorted what does that mean?
    @Distorted , while at it:
    Is Alpha Wolf immune to getting poisoned or immune to die from poison? (just making sure)

Btw, Mag. I was correct that Beta wolf that became alpha has only detection immunity + the power to command the 3rd wolf, right?

And Trapper is basically Sheriff immune, right?

49. ISO #49
    Ganelon

@Distorted , while at it:
    Is Alpha Wolf immune to getting poisoned or immune to die from poison? (just making sure)

Btw, Mag. I was correct that Beta wolf that became alpha has only detection immunity + the power to command the 3rd wolf, right?

And Trapper is basically Sheriff immune, right?
    Alpha Wolf is immune to poison while Beta is alive. Once Beta dies, poison will not kill him but it will role block him instead.

50. ISO #50

Alpha Wolf is immune to poison while Beta is alive. Once Beta dies, poison will not kill him but it will role block him instead.
    Ohh, the setup had written something about that, I forgot apparently.
    If the Beta wolf is alive and the alpha wolf gets poisoned, the alpha wolf will become sick the following night and not be able to attack. The Alpha wolf will not be notified until the night is over that he has become sick.
    It does say nothing about what happens if Beta dies after Alpha got poisoned. You said it doesn't matter. Well, if host didn't specifically write it down, I see that as a speculation.

I wish Distorted didn't ignore us. He was online so many times since we started these questions.

It also doesn't say after which night the Alpha get's notified. The night he got poisoned or the following when he is sick.
    Last edited by OzyWho; April 3rd, 2018 at 11:08 AM.