A question about the rules
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

A question about the rules

In the past, I had read the game rules & punishments in English. I just checked the French version, just to see if I had missed anything. But there's something making me unsure. See the quote.

Crime: Cheating
    Nous savons tous ce que tricher veut dire, il s’agit d’utiliser des méthodes indésirables afin d’obtenir un avantage déloyal sur les autres joueurs. (L’utilisation de Skype, la boite de lag, ou de forcer les joueurs à lire leurs cartes de rôles)
    Gravité: Haute
    To people who don't get a word of this, it's the cheating offense including skyping and lag cheat. However, there's something here that's NOT in the English version of the rules (I checked). The part in red it is. "or to force players to read their rolecard". So, a jailor may not ask you to read your rolecard as fast as you can else he executes? Because this has happened to me several times, I was like "it's dumb but it's allowed". So it would NOT be allowed? Or is it just an error from the translater, who appears to not have French as a first language (so many grammar errors)?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #2

Re: A question about the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    In the past, I had read the game rules & punishments in English. I just checked the French version, just to see if I had missed anything. But there's something making me unsure. See the quote.

To people who don't get a word of this, it's the cheating offense including skyping and lag cheat. However, there's something here that's NOT in the English version of the rules (I checked). The part in red it is. "or to force players to read their rolecard". So, a jailor may not ask you to read your rolecard as fast as you can else he executes? Because this has happened to me several times, I was like "it's dumb but it's allowed". So it would NOT be allowed? Or is it just an error from the translater, who appears to not have French as a first language (so many grammar errors)?
    Previously, it was not allowed because no one had all role-cards.

Now that all role-cards are available, it is allowed. (Top of screen in game)

We no longer have any french translator, they ran away.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post

Oh, I wasn't playing Mafia when rolecards weren't there. Thanks for your answer!
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #4

I've played IRL mafia a few times. The format was 1 mafia, 1 doctor, 1 sheriff, and then like 5 citizens lol. So only 1 evil against 6-7 townies.

We had a subset of 7-8 playing cards to determine roles, and we used those same cards for each game. There was 1 Joker (mafia), 1 Queen (doctor), etc. The citizen cards were just your generic #-of-suit -- but, again, we used the same subset every game.

So at the beginning of one of our games, someone gets questioned. And she responds with, "I can't be mafia. I have the 6-of-Hearts." We had to re-distribute roles, lol. Because we all knew the 6-of-Hearts was in circulation, and there was nothing stopping the rest of the citizens from just reading their unique keys, which would end the game almost immediately.

I dunno, this question made me think of that. And yeah, I remember that rule existing way back in like 2011 when I didn't even have an account and would just watch my friend play.

5. ISO #5

I think he's only saying this to cover his ass.

I smell corruption.

He was the jailor.
    I'm FloodingRain on sc2, sorry for the confusion <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fury
    Who the hell quotes themselves in their own signature?

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I think he's only saying this to cover his ass.

I smell corruption.

He was the jailor.
    Omg seriously? You're falling low here... If you don't know what you're saying,

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Hey! You forgot something.
    I forgot nothing. Have you forgotten? I am incapable of forgetting. Elephants cannot forget.

Forget me not. Forgotten phrases so easily forgotten. So quick to forget.
    I'm FloodingRain on sc2, sorry for the confusion <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fury
    Who the hell quotes themselves in their own signature?

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I forgot nothing. Have you forgotten? I am incapable of forgetting. Elephants cannot forget.

Forget me not. Forgotten phrases so easily forgotten. So quick to forget.
    but you are not a elephant otherwise you would end up like harambe
    I Like Ice Cream

12. ISO #12

Is it considered game throwing when townies lie about their roles?

Spy saying he jailed someone when GF didn't attack, Jailor claiming Sheriff to lynch 2 townies in a row.

Those are the kinds of leads that the town should follow. That's how the game is played. But when people make up clues and lie about their roles - clues become useless, role counting becomes impossible, only option in game is to random lynch for the most part. Gameplay is nearly non existent at that point, in my opinion.

So are those kinds of things against rules and/or reportable?

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Is it considered game throwing when townies lie about their roles?

Spy saying he jailed someone when GF didn't attack, Jailor claiming Sheriff to lynch 2 townies in a row.

Those are the kinds of leads that the town should follow. That's how the game is played. But when people make up clues and lie about their roles - clues become useless, role counting becomes impossible, only option in game is to random lynch for the most part. Gameplay is nearly non existent at that point, in my opinion.

So are those kinds of things against rules and/or reportable?
    It isn't against the rules to lie.
    Just because someone chooses a method of play that you would consider in the end run, less beneficial , doesn't mean they are breaking the rules.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

14. ISO #14

Indeed. And sometimes, lying as town is NEEDED (e.g. claiming a random shit town role when you're gov/power). You can also fake a lead if you know someone's meta VERY WELL. However, if you were wrong... heh. You gotta be damn sure of your meta read lol. However, a stupid lie like "I'm BG" in PM to Mayor as a Sheriff, and then the Mayor dies and leaves in last will that the Sheriff claimed BG... That's throwing. Then, is it intentional or not... it will probably not be, unless you got clear evidence by chat that it was.

15. ISO #15

I think we should make a petition to create a new rule against it.

Because imagine if it became the new metagame and everyone did it - then suddenly there is no real gameplay as there are no real clues to work with.
    Even now - get 3 of such townies in a game and the rest of the town have no other gameplay option than to trust them and then to lose.
    Without investigation clues and without role counting - if you take those away, what remains?

I know this would never get through. But needed to get it out there nevertheless.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I think we should make a petition to create a new rule against it.

Because imagine if it became the new metagame and everyone did it - then suddenly there is no real gameplay as there are no real clues to work with.
    Even now - get 3 of such townies in a game and the rest of the town have no other gameplay option than to trust them and then to lose.
    Without investigation clues and without role counting - if you take those away, what remains?

I know this would never get through. But needed to get it out there nevertheless.
    Denied.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016