Suggestion: Messages and LWs to be displayed and their respective players color.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Post Suggestion: Messages and LWs to be displayed and their respective players color.

To me personally, it feels like a lot of... trouble... could be saved in -Mafia- games if all messages would appear in their respective players color. And LWs.

Especially when a game gets... lively... the chat box is full of white messages. I for one can't even fully follow/read all messages in time not to even mention mistaking who wrote what or writing something myself without missing out on something.

I think there has been close to no match where someone hasn't read something or mistaken something that was written. Almost every game people get tilted and/or biased because of missunderstanding something that was written or missing out. I may be wrong, I may be right, but nontheless - such feature could, potentially, make the game more convenient to play. Less stress = good, right?

I know it might be skill to process all written information faster and more correctly than others. But making the game easier would just change the balance a little bit. Like 9-3-3 was balanced in the past, now 8-3-3-1 or 8-3-4 are balanced. In other words - new, more balanced, saves would appear if balance would be affected in any way.

Even better would be the option to enable and disable this feature. Or it was a reward for reaching 5 or 10k points.

I'm fully aware this will never happen. Maybe if suggested this in 2011 it would have a shot at reaching daylight. But I had to get it off my chest nonetheless.

Cheers

Edit: Btw. I don't mean it like player 1 messages would be 100% red. More like 80% white 20% red. Just a little bit disntinctive from the other messages, not a lot.
    Last edited by OzyWho; January 22nd, 2018 at 01:22 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Suggestion: Messages and LWs to be displayed and their respective players color.

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    To me personally, it feels like a lot of... trouble... could be saved in -Mafia- games if all messages would appear in their respective players color. And LWs.

Especially when a game gets... lively... the chat box is full of white messages. I for one can't even fully follow/read all messages in time not to even mention mistaking who wrote what or writing something myself without missing out on something.

I think there has been close to no match where someone hasn't read something or mistaken something that was written. Almost every game people get tilted and/or biased because of missunderstanding something that was written or missing out. I may be wrong, I may be right, but nontheless - such feature could, potentially, make the game more convenient to play. Less stress = good, right?

I know it might be skill to process all written information faster and more correctly than others. But making the game easier would just change the balance a little bit. Like 9-3-3 was balanced in the past, now 8-3-3-1 or 8-3-4 are balanced. In other words - new, more balanced, saves would appear if balance would be affected in any way.

Even better would be the option to enable and disable this feature. Or it was a reward for reaching 5 or 10k points.

I'm fully aware this will never happen. Maybe if suggested this in 2011 it would have a shot at reaching daylight. But I had to get it off my chest nonetheless.

Cheers

Edit: Btw. I don't mean it like player 1 messages would be 100% red. More like 80% white 20% red. Just a little bit disntinctive from the other messages, not a lot.
    Nice idea! It ACTUALLY might get on, admins aren't 100% asleep, just 98% ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

Re: Suggestion: Messages and LWs to be displayed and their respective players color.

The main issue after this scenario would be with things like colored names, or, as you said, some of the darker colors needing specific shades

having fooled around with some colorpicker scenarios this sounds like it wouldnt be hard to practice, but the devs have commented that the mod is in... a bit of a messy state. if you havent tried to read code someone else made before, it's very hard, especially if you dont leave comments while coding. code in itself can be hard to proofread but messy code is even worse. a simple QoL change like this will probably be at the bottom of the dog pile but it's something that could be neat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.