Lately I've found a couple of regulars who must reside in Asia, since when they host, the server is chosen to be Singapore. Although I have also had one friend in the USA in a different SC2 game who had his option preference set to Singapore by mistake

On one hand, it is good that we get some international players interested in the game and playing on the Americas region. On the other hand, I expect majority of players on the Americas region to be from North or South America, so I find it unfair to them and to myself to have to play on some 1 player's preferred Singapore server because s/he hosted the game. I get anywhere between 400 and over 600 ms ping on Singapore. My NA pings range from 50 to 80 ms (from West to Central/East). Not only is it annoying to experience such delay from typing, but it becomes prohibitive when timing is of the essence, such as in a game I had yesterday with Judge and Marshall battling it out. I am also afraid I will get reported for role-quitting when I leave these games that I find hardly playable. I know it's mostly a text-based game, but try playing with 600-700 ms ping that I was having most days (today it's better, 400).

I have asked these Singapore hosts to change their in-game preference (for Americas games they play) to set preferred server to one of the three North America options. That would make it fair to the majority of players, who are likely from NA or SA. However, my pleas are ignored.

Thoughts?