The
Keep Your Head Up
Update

Role Additions

Mason Leader/Mason
  • Mason Leaders recruit citizens into the Masonry as Masons. This is different than the cult because Cult has options to keep roles on conversion, where Masons can only convert citizens of the same alignment as the mason leader.
  • Is unique
  • Option for mason to mason leader promotion
  • Option for recruiting roles that have no more charges, like vigilante that used up all their bullets
  • Stopping new options for 'charges' until I overhaul general role modifiers! more on that at the end of the post
  • Mason Leaders bludgeon culted members
  • Mason members are immune to cult conversion
  • Mason Leaders act before Cult Leaders

Narrator Updates
  • Added an option for Architect to lock members out of other faction chats
  • 'Skip Day' can no longer vote to skip the day.
  • Host Controlled Voting. For IRL games, to increase player activity, and decrease 'staring into your phone', there's an option to allow hosts to control votes. This means the host will input who got voted, and by whom.

Visual Updates
  • Music will be played in setup. Also added a toggle for it on the lobby page.
  • Defaulting narration and music to off if you're not the host, playing mobile, and in a private game.
  • When the night is more than two-thirds over, and you're waiting for day, a list of players who haven't ended the night will be displayed.
  • Fixed visibility for 'end night'/'reveal'/'burn' button.
  • Disabled public games until playerbase increases. A warning message will display instead.
  • Fixed an issue where new accounts will now use the actual display name instead of some subsection of the email.
  • Fixed misplaced warning message for desktop setup. It should be stuck to one part of the screen, not scroll around.
  • Game code will now empty upon the successful joining of games.
  • Fixed issue where all the different home sections would show up when you would leave 'game setup'

Upcoming
  • I'm just about done with any other role additions I'd like to add. I'd like to add 'infiltrator' and 'enforcer', roles from Fragos's 5 sided setup. Maybe Marshall??...
  • I'd also like to redo modifiers. I have plans to make every role have the option to set 'charges', 'set invulnerability', 'set detectability'. These will even affect Random Roles, so 'Iron Will' and 'Undetctable' team statuses will go away. But only make these visible when 'advanced customization' is on. Unfortunately, it'll be a lot of work to translate the previous games... so I might dump my data.
  • I would like to integrate Narrator with sc2mafia.com and Discord. It 90% works for Slack, so Discord integration should be easy. Maybe hosts will then use this for S-FMs? TBD.
  • Would like to add the option to be able to pass the bread you get from Bakers.
  • Also internal bug fixes