S-FM Haunted Town
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1

    S-FM Haunted Town

    S-FM Haunted Town

    Roles List

    Senior Ghost

    Junior Ghost


    Ghost Hunter


    Town Power Role

    Town Power Role


    Citizen

    Citizen

    Citizen

    Citizen


    Angel


    Role Cards :
    Ghost Hunter: Can go to find the ghosts Has a one-use Ghost Weapon which can kill both Ghost and Townies. Can vote during day.
    Can reveal at day by PMing host that he wants to reveal making everyone knows his role. Gains an additional target to check at night. Not night immune or role block immune.

    Senior Ghost: Can kill at night. Can vote during day. Has a chat with Junior Ghost and Angel. Night Immune to Vigilante's attacks.

    Junior Ghost: At Night can roleblock someone. Can vote during day. Can't be detected by Ghost Hunter. Night Immune at nights exceptional of Ghost Hunter. Can replace Senior Ghost, if Senior Ghost were to die. Has a chat with Senior Ghost and Angel.

    Citizen: Can vote during day.

    Spoiler : Possible Town Power Roles :

    Nurse:Can heal someone once at night. Can vote during day.

    Police:Can guard someone at night which will cause both the attacker and police to kill eachother. Can vote during day.

    Orphan Kid:Can follow someone at night. Seeing to whom did his target visit as well as who did visit the target. Can vote during the day.

    Vigilante: Knows who the Ghost Hunter is. Can kill someone at night. Only can kill once. Can't kill Senior Ghost. Can vote during the day.

    Teacher: Can pm host someone to talk with during night time, which will have a private day-chat during day. Can vote during the day. Can't be roleblocked.



    Angel: Can join to Ghost Chat but ghosts wont know who he is. Can't be killed at night however can be force to fade away (lynch) at day. If Angel's been attacked, the attacker will discover who he is. Can vote during the day.

    Special Mechanic: Teacher
    When he wants to talk with the person he wants to talk, he will have to pm host at NIGHT about it. Not at day. He can't change his opinion about his target at DAY.

    Order Of Operations:
    Roleblock
    Guarding and healing.
    Killings.
    Investigation.


    Mechanics:
    Days are 48 hours long.
    Nights are 24 hours long.
    Ghosts have a chat which angel can join in. Everyone in the chat will be anonymous by named their roles.
    No death notes.
    Last wills allowed.
    Teacher has a chat with the person he talks. He can talk all the day along.

    Win Condintions:
    Ghosts has to kill Ghost Hunter and additinoal 4 townies to win the game.
    Town and Ghost Hunter has to get rid of Ghosts in order to win this game.
    Angel can win with anyone, whoever he wants.
    Tie Circumstances: Angel wins as a solo role if both team fails which will cause them loose. Ghosts will win when they accomplish their conditions, which means even if they are gone they will still win the tie.

    Rules
    No gamethrowing.
    No Out Of Game Communication.
    Any kind of harassment or irritating behavior is forbidden. Can joke around.
    No pictures, links, videos, gifs etc.
    Players must be active at day. If there not to be any posts the player has made, he will most probably will be replaced.
    English only.
    Mafia can't reveal to Angel at night or give clues about who they are.
    Last edited by Hybrid; October 12th, 2017 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Changes to Setup

  2. #2

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Just wanted to make a setup, maybe will host it after it s been approved by mods and when my queue comes.

    So rate my setup mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Hi hybrid,

    Thanks for taking the time to start work on a setup!

    Just a few quick notes before the big boy balancing team comes in (dw and rlvg):

    In regards to the ghost hunter role, it says he can 'go to find ghosts' or kill someone at night. From my understanding, this means he has to specify between killing or investigating each night. I assume his killing power has the ability to kill townies too? If so, this role, essentially a vigi/invest combo, who can only invest 50% of the ghosts seems a little weak, as he'd need to survive for atleast 2 nights minimum to get a confirmed target, which after a d1 lynch is only 1/7.

    Given his unlikelyness to survive, given that any sort of reveal would see him killed, and the time it takes for him to only be able to target 1 person, and that he cant be healed, plus also having a vigilante possibly spawning, it seems like this role and combo would be more antitown, or unable to contribute as intended, especially with ghost wincon.

    Id suggest either making him healable, or making him able to detect both ghosts, or perhaps being able to target 2 people at night for detection, but revieving anonymous feedback, ie not knowing which of his targets is associated with which feedback.

    You might consider dropping vigi from roles list too. 3 potential night kills in such a small setup with a wincon for ghosts that see them win with only 3 town dead is a game that might end very quickly

    The police officer role says he doesnt kill senior ghost if protecting someone who is targetted by him. What does this role protect from? I assume its the equivalent of a body double, who takes the hit for someone, but how does this role react if its target is targetted by a ghost hunter or vigi?


    Angel says he can win with whoever he wants, but it also says he cant help town by his own will or reveal ghosts. This role will likely have a lot of questions about it in game. So its best to really define this role now in the setup. How do these rules govern how the angel can vote. Can he hammer? Can he reveal he is angel? If he has revealed, can he vote ghosts at all? Can he end the game if ghosts are down a player? Just make sure to clear these up.

    Also, its best to add to your rolecards the specific feedback for each scenario that a role could be involved in. Even if its just boring like "nothing happened tonight". This will help your game run smoother and let players properly understand role mechanics.

    Il let you know if i think of anything else. But so far so good. Once again, thanks for taking the intiative to build a setup. Hopefully we'll see it hosted soon!

    @deathworlds @RLVG


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

  6. #6

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    Hi hybrid,

    Thanks for taking the time to start work on a setup!

    Just a few quick notes before the big boy balancing team comes in (dw and rlvg):

    In regards to the ghost hunter role, it says he can 'go to find ghosts' or kill someone at night. From my understanding, this means he has to specify between killing or investigating each night. I assume his killing power has the ability to kill townies too? If so, this role, essentially a vigi/invest combo, who can only invest 50% of the ghosts seems a little weak, as he'd need to survive for atleast 2 nights minimum to get a confirmed target, which after a d1 lynch is only 1/7.

    Given his unlikelyness to survive, given that any sort of reveal would see him killed, and the time it takes for him to only be able to target 1 person, and that he cant be healed, plus also having a vigilante possibly spawning, it seems like this role and combo would be more antitown, or unable to contribute as intended, especially with ghost wincon.

    Id suggest either making him healable, or making him able to detect both ghosts, or perhaps being able to target 2 people at night for detection, but revieving anonymous feedback, ie not knowing which of his targets is associated with which feedback.

    You might consider dropping vigi from roles list too. 3 potential night kills in such a small setup with a wincon for ghosts that see them win with only 3 town dead is a game that might end very quickly

    The police officer role says he doesnt kill senior ghost if protecting someone who is targetted by him. What does this role protect from? I assume its the equivalent of a body double, who takes the hit for someone, but how does this role react if its target is targetted by a ghost hunter or vigi?


    Angel says he can win with whoever he wants, but it also says he cant help town by his own will or reveal ghosts. This role will likely have a lot of questions about it in game. So its best to really define this role now in the setup. How do these rules govern how the angel can vote. Can he hammer? Can he reveal he is angel? If he has revealed, can he vote ghosts at all? Can he end the game if ghosts are down a player? Just make sure to clear these up.

    Also, its best to add to your rolecards the specific feedback for each scenario that a role could be involved in. Even if its just boring like "nothing happened tonight". This will help your game run smoother and let players properly understand role mechanics.

    Il let you know if i think of anything else. But so far so good. Once again, thanks for taking the intiative to build a setup. Hopefully we'll see it hosted soon!

    @deathworlds @RLVG
    Thanks for the feedback as soon as i am home i will make some changes about it (will post what changes i ve made btw i thought the same thing with angel while i was in bed so i will explain it in a different block.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  7. #7

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Changes:
    1- Added Special Mechanic to Angel, and described more about Ghost Hunter.
    2- Ghost Hunter can be guarded at night, but still can not be healed.
    3- New Mechanic to Ghost Hunter, if doesn't acts he can't be killed at night.
    4- Added some mechanics to ghosts i forgot to add. (such as saying they are NI etc)
    5- Added Citizen to Action Order
    6- Added Special Mechanics to Orphan Kid and Teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  8. #8

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Also the reason why I've added Vigilante into the game is to 1 detect Angel, 2- make fail-kills to make the game easier for Ghosts. He isnt confirmed role though so it won't be much of a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  9. #9

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    I don't get the Angel role. Does he have to side with scum until he gets shot or voted up? Does he have to stay neutral after that? Isn't it wise for town to kill Angel then?
    This creature used to be as old as a hat, now it's as new as a cat.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

  10. #10

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Nawa View Post
    I don't get the Angel role. Does he have to side with scum until he gets shot or voted up? Does he have to stay neutral after that? Isn't it wise for town to kill Angel then?
    I wanted to add some interesting thing to game, i came up with this idea. Angel is basicly surv that already knows who the mafais(ghosts) are . If he wants he can win with town, but he can't reveal ghosts or give hints about them when he s force to reveal. Also i saw town a lil bit overpowered so to balance things up i added angel instead of another ghost or different faction scum
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    1. Why are nights 18 hours long?
    2. You don't need to say that everything can vote during the day, you can just write that on the lynch mechanics instead lol.

    3. Because an Angel cannot reveal themselves and the Ghosts, it's going to be a player who does absolutely nothing in this game. It'll be kind of obvious who the Angel is. What prevents players into pressuring an Angel? They're just going to harass this poor Angel into a lynch. How can the Angel even be active in this game if information is so limited?
    4. Why can the Angel join the Ghost Chat anonymously when the two ghosts are going to cooperate? They will know who the Angel is.
    5. Even worse with the Angel, they have the ability to vote but they cannot hammer and if they vote it's an indication of any sort of read if the target is town or scum, which is part of their restriction of scum hunting. The Angel simply cannot vote.

    6. What prevents the Ghost Hunter from revealing themselves? It's basically a Mayor since any counterclaims would be immediately lynched.
    7. What's the point of Ghost Hunter's night immunity if according to the OoO he can be roleblocked before it happens? The two Ghosts would just roleblock and kill their target.
    8. What prevents the Vigilante from outing the Ghost Hunter immediately to confirm two players?
    9. Once a Ghost Hunter is revealed and the Junior Ghost is dead, what prevents the Town from winning? They won't lynch the Ghost Hunter and the Ghost Hunter can just turtle with Night Immunity. In addition if the Senior Ghost dies and the Ghost Hunter has not revealed- what prevents the players from simply no lynching everyday and then allow the Ghost Hunter to kill players one by one until they find the Junior Ghost?

    10. What's even the point of the Vigilante's night kill? It can't kill anyone but Town. It's basically a Citizen who knows the identity of another player who has the ability to grief.

    11. What's the general point of the Police? When they protect someone and their target is attacked by the Senior Ghost, he'll just die. If he protects the Ghost Hunter or the Angel, who are immune, he'll get killed when no one were supposed to die. There's no last will so there's little to no information as well. Compare it to a Nurse who can just outright heal someone, preventing a kill and reveal this information during day. The only reason for Police would be combined with an Orphan Kid so that the Orphan Kid can give this information, but it's unlikely since there's a chance of roleblock and the Police wouldn't reveal themselves beforehand which lessens the chance of an accurate targeting on the relevant night.

    12. Teacher can just confirm themselves to whoever they chose to have a night chat with.

    13. How does the Orphan Kid join the conversation if he follows the Teacher? The Orphan Kid acts during night which is when the conversation is happening, which I assume the Teacher is acting during the day to determine who gets the conversation at night.

  14. #14

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    1. Why are nights 18 hours long?
    2. You don't need to say that everything can vote during the day, you can just write that on the lynch mechanics instead lol.

    3. Because an Angel cannot reveal themselves and the Ghosts, it's going to be a player who does absolutely nothing in this game. It'll be kind of obvious who the Angel is. What prevents players into pressuring an Angel? They're just going to harass this poor Angel into a lynch. How can the Angel even be active in this game if information is so limited?
    4. Why can the Angel join the Ghost Chat anonymously when the two ghosts are going to cooperate? They will know who the Angel is.
    5. Even worse with the Angel, they have the ability to vote but they cannot hammer and if they vote it's an indication of any sort of read if the target is town or scum, which is part of their restriction of scum hunting. The Angel simply cannot vote.

    6. What prevents the Ghost Hunter from revealing themselves? It's basically a Mayor since any counterclaims would be immediately lynched.
    7. What's the point of Ghost Hunter's night immunity if according to the OoO he can be roleblocked before it happens? The two Ghosts would just roleblock and kill their target.
    8. What prevents the Vigilante from outing the Ghost Hunter immediately to confirm two players?
    9. Once a Ghost Hunter is revealed and the Junior Ghost is dead, what prevents the Town from winning? They won't lynch the Ghost Hunter and the Ghost Hunter can just turtle with Night Immunity. In addition if the Senior Ghost dies and the Ghost Hunter has not revealed- what prevents the players from simply no lynching everyday and then allow the Ghost Hunter to kill players one by one until they find the Junior Ghost?

    10. What's even the point of the Vigilante's night kill? It can't kill anyone but Town. It's basically a Citizen who knows the identity of another player who has the ability to grief.

    11. What's the general point of the Police? When they protect someone and their target is attacked by the Senior Ghost, he'll just die. If he protects the Ghost Hunter or the Angel, who are immune, he'll get killed when no one were supposed to die. There's no last will so there's little to no information as well. Compare it to a Nurse who can just outright heal someone, preventing a kill and reveal this information during day. The only reason for Police would be combined with an Orphan Kid so that the Orphan Kid can give this information, but it's unlikely since there's a chance of roleblock and the Police wouldn't reveal themselves beforehand which lessens the chance of an accurate targeting on the relevant night.

    12. Teacher can just confirm themselves to whoever they chose to have a night chat with.

    13. How does the Orphan Kid join the conversation if he follows the Teacher? The Orphan Kid acts during night which is when the conversation is happening, which I assume the Teacher is acting during the day to determine who gets the conversation at night.
    1-I kinda don't like 24-28 hours long nights, but if necessary i ll increase it to 24 hour.
    2-Well yeah, inexperience
    3-Hmm, then I am going to do Angel can participate into the chat, but he won't be able to know who the ghosts are. Everyone will be anonymous in night chat.
    4-As I said, i wanted to make a role that will make the game harder for town, but I will fix that issue.
    5-Welp, I'll be fixing that In the new changes
    6-There is nothing that is preventing that in my setup, tho I will look into that i might accidently added that
    7-You have a point, then i will write it on orders to do that. Rbing will be right after nothing does so he won't be able to rbed.
    8-Nothing. Even though that's the point. In my opinion town roles are looking strong so i made the game a bit messy.
    9- Oh, never thought of that... Well if I were to fix that I kinda have to out the night immune action from Ghost Hunter and make him be able to heal. Then after outting those with the angel fix, angel will be able to side with scum or with town properly and will be able to talk for reals. That might fix the issue
    10-That's the point. As I always said Town is kinda overpowered cause of Ghost Hunter and Teacher. In order to reveal Angel's true identity it has to beeen shot by someone. So it has 2 purposes; Manage to fail-kills and Manage to find Angel.
    11-But if i were to make police be able to kill Senior Ghost, they'll just be able to kill 1 Ghost for free. I might remove that role cause of its stupidity and add Ghost Hunter can be healed thing.
    12-Yeah, I kinda wanted to make them like Jailor, with no executions. Tho that's the point of teacher, it teachs information
    13-Hmm, I kinda will have to fix the Night Action Orders.

    Welp, time to make changes. Think it will be more balanced with RLVG's help
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  15. #15

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Changes:
    -Night Time is now 24 Hours.

    -Everyone in Night Chat will be anonymous, Ghosts will be named Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost; Angel will be named Angel at Night Chat. It wouldn't be a big problem for ghosts since they ll be revealed to eachother in rolecards host iwll give it to them

    -Angel no more knows who the ghosts are. Removed Special Mechanics: Angel.

    -Angel is now more free, he won't know who the ghosts are can participate Ghost Hunt or help the Ghosts.

    -Teacher is now roleblock immune

    -Change of the order of operations.

    -Junior Ghost, now will be able to replace Senior Ghost's place when Senior Ghost dies.

    -Police can be healed from now on.

    -Lw enabled, dn disabled.

    -Fixes at describtion of Senior Ghost and Junior Ghost

    Think it s better don't you think @RLVG and @deathworlds
    Last edited by Hybrid; September 14th, 2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: tagging rlvg and dw
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  16. #16

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    @Hybrid . Now show the quickest way for town to lose.
    , maybe add more citizens?

    Also may you guys help me with adding more rules and how to handle lynch system
    Last edited by Hybrid; September 14th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

  19. #19

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    After a d1 mislynch, vigi has a 50% chance of hitting a night immune target, thus detecting a scum (Angel incl.) He can then reveal the ghost hunter, who will likely also be able to self confirm, making counter claiming for scum difficult, and then having two confirmed towns pretty much steam rolling the game and ending by d3. This is optimal town win (assuming d1 mislynch). Seems a little overpowered? @RLVG @deathworlds


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

  20. #20

    Re: S-FM Haunted Town

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    , maybe add more citizens?

    Also may you guys help me with adding more rules and how to handle lynch system
    The lynch system is handled automatically by the game thread when you enter a command in your thread. We'll help you putt with that when you get to the hosting stage


    Monopoly of the Iced variety

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •