Normal Cat
    Normal Cat
    Normal Cat
    Normal Cat
    Normal Cat
    Normal Cat

Role Cards

Nyan Cat

If you are lynched another player who was in your train will become the new Nyan Cat.
    This can happen only 2 times between all Nyan Cats (not Gyrlander's Nyan Cat)

Gyrlander's Cat

You are revealed as Gyrlander's Cat at the start of the game.
    If you become the Nyan Cat, you turn into Gyrlander's Nyan Cat.
    If the Nyan Cat is lynched and you weren't on the train you die.

Normal Cat

You can vote.

Gyrlander's Nyan Cat

If you are lynched, one random player of your train will die and another one will become the Nyan Cat with no remaining uses of the reincarnation.

Win Conditions

Nyan Cat & Gyrlander's Nyan Cat: Be the last cat remaining. You win ties.

Normal Cat & Gyrlander's Cat: Stop the Nyan Cat infestation (basically lynch the Nyan Cat/ Gyrlander's Nyan Cat until there are no reincarnations left).

Mechanics

Days last 48 hours.
    Majority & Mandatory Lynch.

There are no nights.

Rules of Conduct

No OGC (out of game communication)
    Insults are alright, but don't be extreme.
    Don't quote PMs.
    English only.
    Be active. Being active also means contributing to the game. Host has total discretion about this.
    Images and videos are allowed, but don't spam them.
    No excessive use of unrelated posts.
    Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace, modkill or agressive warn at the host's discretion.
    Don't spam excessively
    Last edited by Gyrlander; August 31st, 2017 at 03:13 PM.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Nyan Cat

I don't like how the gyrlander's nyan cat is
    A. Forced to be on the train
    B. Doesn't take up a charge of nyan-ism if recruited
    C. Also revealed

I get that's the point.
    But I don't like the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I don't like how the gyrlander's nyan cat is
    A. Forced to be on the train
    B. Doesn't take up a charge of nyan-ism if recruited
    C. Also revealed

I get that's the point.
    But I don't like the point.
    Could you be more specific?

I mean, if Gyrlander's Cat gets chosen the first time you lynch a Nyan Cat you still would have the same number of reincarnations. If it gets chosen the second time a Nyan Cat is lynched then you win another reincarnation.

Also, changed Gyrlander's Cat to:

"If the Nyan Cat is lynched and you weren't on the train you die."

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Could you be more specific?

I mean, if Gyrlander's Cat gets chosen the first time you lynch a Nyan Cat you still would have the same number of reincarnations. If it gets chosen the second time a Nyan Cat is lynched then you win another reincarnation.

Also, changed Gyrlander's Cat to:

"If the Nyan Cat is lynched and you weren't on the train you die."
    My problem is that it makes the game into a series of coin flips.
    It would be more beneficial for gyrs cat to suicide tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

7. ISO #7

The way I see it,

The game is just random lynches each day, praying to hit nyan cat. With no way to determine who has become the nyan, and no way to make reads (as everyone is going to be in self preservation mode).

Having to hit the nyan multiple times also makes this more difficult, in an alreafy directionless game. The only move to make is to lynch the confirmed gyr cat on d2, as that actually removes the nyan cat respawn ability. Then youre back to blind lynching again.

Im also not sure there is an incentive to play for 48hr days, as there is little to discuss?

This game would benefit from some direction in the form of being able to determine other players roles, but i assume you wanted to avoid such mechanics with this simple setup.

Perhaps there could be a rule that the nyan cats have to follow, that is revealed to them when they inherit the role. Such as having to make 3 cat based puns per day. Obviously you would make the rule something far more subtle, but thats just the general idea, that way the town actually has something to be keeping an eye out for.

Subnote, the suggestion is based on the rule being subtle and broad enough that an inheriting player wouldnt be immediately lynched by worling out the patter

Monopoly of the Iced variety

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    The way I see it,

The game is just random lynches each day, praying to hit nyan cat. With no way to determine who has become the nyan, and no way to make reads (as everyone is going to be in self preservation mode).

Having to hit the nyan multiple times also makes this more difficult, in an alreafy directionless game. The only move to make is to lynch the confirmed gyr cat on d2, as that actually removes the nyan cat respawn ability. Then youre back to blind lynching again.

Im also not sure there is an incentive to play for 48hr days, as there is little to discuss?

This game would benefit from some direction in the form of being able to determine other players roles, but i assume you wanted to avoid such mechanics with this simple setup.

Perhaps there could be a rule that the nyan cats have to follow, that is revealed to them when they inherit the role. Such as having to make 3 cat based puns per day. Obviously you would make the rule something far more subtle, but thats just the general idea, that way the town actually has something to be keeping an eye out for.

Subnote, the suggestion is based on the rule being subtle and broad enough that an inheriting player wouldnt be immediately lynched by worling out the patter
    I completely agree with what you just said. I liked the setup, but failed to recognise Forum Mafia essence in it. I will think between just scratching out this setup or do something similar to what you just said. Or just changing this entirely.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    @Gyrlander have you consideres what you might like to dp with this setup? We'd love to see you hosting again shortly!
    I don't think this setup has the "Mafia Spirit" so I don't think I'll host it. However, I'm planning on making a new setup very soon.