7) Citizen
    8) Citizen
    9) Citizen

10) Mafioso
    11) Mafioso
    12) Mafioso
    13) Mafioso

Special Voting Mechanics

Instead of lynch voting players, we place "tokens" on players during day 1 and day 2.

-Once you have placed a token on a player, it cannot be taken off said player.
    -You can place as many tokens as you like, but only one per player, once per day.
    -The 2 players with the most tokens at the end of the day will die.
    -Naturally, days 1 and 2 have a separate token count.
    -Ties are handled with RNG.
    -The game reverts to ordinary lynch voting day 3 onwards.

Also:

-Everyone has an "anti-token" to place.
    -It can only be used once. It cannot be moved once placed.
    -It reduces a player's token count by 1 for that day.
    -You can place a token AND your anti-token on the same player.
    -Naturally, you cannot place your anti-token on yourself.
    -Anti-tokens will not be accepted in the last 15 minutes of the day.

Spoiler : how to place a token / anti token :

In the opening post, I will post a list of everyone's names like so:

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25
    :::CURRENT TOKEN COUNT:::
    Bob: (0 tokens)
    Jim: (0 tokens)
    Alex: (0 tokens)
    Steven: (0 tokens)
    Sarah: (0 tokens)
    This list is meant to represent the token count.

To place a token, you make a SEPARATE post containing nothing but this list, updated from the most recent token vote. So, suppose the current list is:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Bob: (1 tokens) [+1]Sarah
    Jim: (3 tokens) [+1]Alex, [+1]Steven, [+1]Sarah
    Alex: (2 tokens) [+1]Jim, [+1]Steven
    Sarah: (1 tokens) [+1]Bob
    Jim would place their token vote by making a post like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    Bob: (2 tokens) [+1]Sarah, [+1]Jim
    Sarah: (1 tokens) [+1]Bob
    Highlighting in green their addition to the token votes, for clarity.

If, hypothetically, Alex wanted to place his anti-token on Sarah, he'd do it like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Bob: (2 tokens) [+1]Sarah, [+1]Jim
    Sarah: (0 tokens) [+1]Bob, [-1]Alex
    Those who do not place their token / anti-token with this general format will not be accepted as token votes.

Lastly, there are also healvotes:

-During the day, you can send a pm to the host voting to heal a player. You can vote for multiple players.
    -On n1, the 2 players with the most healvotes will be healed.
    -On n2, the player with the most healvotes will be healed.
    -No more heals n3 onwards.
    -Ties are broken with RNG.
    -The Healvote winners will be formally announced at EOD.

Roles

Citizen

-You have power through the vo-

WC: Kill all the mafia AND have at least one team member live until the end.

Mafioso

-You know who all your team members are, from the start of the game.
    -You share a night chat with them.
    -On day 2, you also share a day chat with them. But only day 2.
    -You share a factional kill that can be used once per night.

WC: Kill all the town AND have at least one team member live until the end.

Other mechanics

-Game starts on day 1.
    -Days 1 and 2 will be 72 hours. Subsequent days will be 48. All nights will be 24 hours.
    -I will post an official "token count" every 24 hours during days 1 and 2, to confirm the host and the players are in sync.

Rules

Literally like every other SFM game.

Host Meta

-I'll hand out roles with RNG. If scumteam is shit blame god not me.

Regarding activity:

-Produce at least 6 lines of game-relevant content per 24 hours of day.
    Spoiler : specifics of this rule :

-This can be 3 2 liners, 2 3 liners, or even 1 6 liner.
    -I define a line as 20 words.
    -Game relevant content includes:
    1) Talking about placing a token, healvote, or lynch vote on someone (for win-con related reasons)
    2) Talking about a read on someone.
    3) Talking about hypothetical scum strategies and town strategies.

It notably does NOT include:

1) Copy-paste/quotations, even if game relevant.
    2) Discussing the game, but not with your win-con in mind. To elaborate: Talking about placing a token on someone because they're a prick, while admirable and encouraged, will not count to your activity total.

^^Basically, have a reasonable conversation about events of the game with someone once per 24h or make a post rambling about what you read once per 24h and you'll meet the above conditions if your brain is capable of producing thoughts.

-If someone pings you to ask a question, you must reply within 24 hours.
    -You cannot ping the same person more than thrice in one game-day.

Failure to do this^^ will result in a warning the first time, then a modkill. There will be no replaces.

I also won't let people sign if they can't present an example of a game in the last 6 months where they met the above conditions.

[][][][][]

Numbers are not fixed and may change for balance. But hopefully you get the vibe of the setup.
    Last edited by yzb25; August 5th, 2017 at 06:56 AM.

Re: S-FM Tokens

A good way to do this is every time someone places a token they'd have to manually post the updated "token count".

Also RIP ColbyJack
    -Produce at least 6 lines of game-relevant content per 24 hours of day.

-This can be 3 2 liners, 2 3 liners, or even 1 6 liner.
    -I define a line as 20 words.
    -Game relevant content includes:
    1) Talking about placing a token, healvote, or lynch vote on someone (for win-con related reasons)
    2) Talking about a read on someone.
    3) Talking about hypothetical scum strategies and town strategies.

It notably does NOT include:

1) Copy-paste/quotations, even if game relevant.
    2) Discussing the game, but not with your win-con in mind. To elaborate: Talking about placing a token on someone because they're a prick, while admirable and encouraged, will not count to your activity total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    you can almost hear the bullet where the mayor shortly kills himself/herself upon realization.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    SB16 was completely right ultimately.

I really feel like there is so much missing potential in this setup. You could create some really crafty TPRs and mafia roles here.

The fact that the mafia share a day chat on specifically day 2 is very unique and I actually feel like the potential advantage that could be given by coordinating through the day chat is much more crucial than people believe it could be.

you can almost hear the bullet where the mayor shortly kills himself/herself upon realization.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I really feel like there is so much missing potential in this setup. You could create some really crafty TPRs and mafia roles here.

The fact that the mafia share a day chat on specifically day 2 is very unique and I actually feel like the potential advantage that could be given by coordinating through the day chat is much more crucial than people believe it could be.

I do feel an overwhelming temptation to add some funky roles. In particular, I played a lot with the idea of adding some funky neutrals that utilize the token system. But I have faith in the mechanics I have right now to produce an interesting enough game. Don't wanna get carried away as I often do with this sorta thing ^^.

Regardless, if you think this setup can be improved in some way, feel free to use it as a "base" for your own!

I do feel an overwhelming temptation to add some funky roles. In particular, I played a lot with the idea of adding some funky neutrals that utilize the token system. But I have faith in the mechanics I have right now to produce an interesting enough game. Don't wanna get carried away as I often do with this sorta thing ^^.

Regardless, if you think this setup can be improved in some way, feel free to use it as a "base" for your own!
    If this game works them a tokens 2 with swanky roles will be a must
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakudweeb69 View Post
    The line "you may place a token on any player but cannot take it off said player" & "you have a one time ability to take a token off of a player, whether you have voted them or not" contradict each other
    The second line overrides the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Otakudweeb69 View Post
    The line "you may place a token on any player but cannot take it off said player" & "you have a one time ability to take a token off of a player, whether you have voted them or not" contradict each other
    Apologies for the ambiguity. Put slightly differently, even though you can't remove the tokens you place on people, you have a single one-use -1 token you can place on anyone as well. So, even though the +1 cannot be removed, you can use your single -1 on someone you +1'd, essentially "cancelling out" the +1.

Alternatively, you can potentially use the -1 on someone you haven't put a +1 on.

I'll try to come up with a less confusing way to present the mechanic. (p;edit I think using this +1, -1 thing might appeal to people's intuition of how it works more, so I'll rephrase the setup using that)
    Last edited by yzb25; August 4th, 2017 at 04:23 AM.