Best way to make points? In depth analysis
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Best way to make points? In depth analysis

We've all seen it, the custom colored names, choosing your own execution or preferring/blacklisting roles. All things people with loads of points can do.
    However, what is the best way to make points, is it with achievements or is it with roulette? Or is it just by playing lots of games? Lets analyse:

First of all, achievements. If you somehow manage to get all achievements you will be awarded with approximately 7500 points(each achievement has its own points which are rewarded at the end of the game). This takes a lot of time though and also a lot of games. Lets say together with all your played games you manage to get around 10k points, that's a fair amount.

Lets say you get tired of hunting achievements, would roulette be a good alternative? If you bet around 50 points with a 2 round revolver, you have a 50/50 chance of winning 50 points(100% of the bet). Which would mean a whole lot of rng in order to get 10k without losing too much.

So barring achievements and roulette, if you just spammed games then how many do you need to play in order to get 10k? If you win a game you will get 10 points(loss is around 5) with an additional point for every 1000 points you have(not taking into account bonus points from achievements and staying untill the end when dead, also game length seems to determine points as well). So you need 100 games for 1000 points, +91 games for 2000, +83 games for 3000, +76 games for 4000, +71 games for 5000, + 67 games for 6000, +63 games for 7000, +58 games for 8000, +56 games for 9000, +52 games for 100000. Which is a total of around 700 games for a total of 10k points. Which would seem to be consistent from what i have seen, some guys have around 600 games played with a total of 13k points. This is of course with achievements.

So in conclusion, getting achievements is probably the fastest way to the high ground, if you want to prefer role at 20 k and have already had all achievements then this would cost an additional 600 games. Considering that each game takes about half an hour that's about 300 hours. If you don't get any achievements then it would take 1100 games which is a total of 500 hours.

I don't know any other methods of getting points, or if my calculations are 100% correct, but playing for 12-21 hours in maf seems a bit excessive in order to prefer vet. That's just my opinion though.

2. ISO #2

Re: Best way to make points? In depth analysis

Role wins, and you can increase your RR returns if you play off others poor decisions. You can also increase RR wins by crunching the probability in multi-player games by pulling more or betting more than others. There is always 'that guy' who randomly does things for giggles who you can win off of
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #3

There's a tradeoff between having a lot of points and having a good win/loss ratio. A lot of players leave the game when they are dead and they think that they will lose. That means they will get 0 points for ~20 minutes of play. But it also means that they won't get a loss in their stats. Other players like me always stay to the end, even if there is no chance of winning. That way you get points, but your game counts as a loss.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

4. ISO #4

bank hack :P joke aside i was too lucky to win roulette games often so if u believe your luck die as soon as possible and stole those points from da players!

8-9k of my points gained with roulette also dont go too greedy or else youm ight lose your all points like i lost 2k once in one game...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

5. ISO #5

If you're playing to farm points for -prefer, and/or frustrated that your progress towards -prefer is too slow, you're playing for the wrong reasons.

This is why, as a 46k pointer, I stand by what I've always said: remove -blacklist and -prefer. Any differences between players would be purely cosmetic, in the form of models and coloured text.

That way nobody gets sidetracked from the main point of the game, nor will bankhackers actually gain anything from bankhacking.

Regarding your question,

In order: achievements, role wins, wins and (not advisable) roulette.

You have some degree of control over the first three, and get the best returns from achievements, but the last one is entirely due to luck.

Nothing that hasn't already been stated above ^
    Last edited by Exeter350; July 17th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post

In order: achievements, role wins, wins and (not advisable) roulette.

You have some degree of control over the first three, and get the best returns from achievements, but the last one is entirely due to luck.
    Not luck but skills, roulette actually requires some skills to play. You gotta know when to shoot or when not to shoto or when to pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Your signature shuld be "Too scummy to be scum!" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PIayer View Post
    Hybrid... :weed: even his corpse is scummy

7. ISO #7