Register

User Tag List

Thread: failure rate

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: failure rate

So 1400 failure results in 14 citizens. 1500 failure results in 15 citizens. Neither is any kind of accomplishment. It just means your save is so bad the randomizer makes everything into citizens... This is not something anyone should try for
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I assumed that the maximun failure rate is 1400%. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't tested this.

tl;dr if I understand correctly, the first role that spawns is always valid.

Imagine an extremely unstable setup with 15 any randoms and every role except Godfather has 0% probability. After it starts, the game tries to assign roles. The first role that appears is GF, which is totally valid. Since there isn't another GF yet, the game is totally fine. Then the next role is assigned, and it's also GF. The game doesn't like more than one GF, so it registers as invalid and gives a 100% failure rate. Then the third role gives another 100%, etc. Therefore the failure rate would be 1400% because out of 15 roles, the first was valid and the other 14 were invalid.
    Last edited by Omegasaur; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

8. ISO #8

You set every slot to be a Random of some kind, then set every role's probability to 0%.

E.g. 9 Town Randoms, 3 Triad Randoms and 3 Neutrals.

The Triad Random will cycle through every Triad role, but won't find an eligible match since every Triad role is 0%, so it returns an error and defaults to Citizen.

DH/GF aren't a fixture of every save.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10