<CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #1

<CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game

This clan has made a habit, and apparently been created for the sole purpose of disrupting the -Mafia- arcade game. They consistently spam the chat, lose the games on purpose, and spam pause making it near impossible to enjoy the game. I was told I should report it instead of kicking them from my lobby and didn't know whether I should do that here or in the sc2 forums, so I'm doing both.

2. ISO #2

Re: <CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game

Quote Originally Posted by Ghowilo View Post
    This clan has made a habit, and apparently been created for the sole purpose of disrupting the -Mafia- arcade game. They consistently spam the chat, lose the games on purpose, and spam pause making it near impossible to enjoy the game. I was told I should report it instead of kicking them from my lobby and didn't know whether I should do that here or in the sc2 forums, so I'm doing both.
    The choos policy is not to throw or break any rules. Any exceptions by members of choo is the sole responsibility of said individual and should not effect the view of the whole clan.
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Unhappy Re: <CHOOO> Clan and -Mafia- Arcade Game

Quote Originally Posted by OneLastHope View Post
    You're in the wrong place, Follow the instructions on the Mafia Player Reports section of the forums.
    He is against the clan itself, not a player. However, Scvmurderer, me and most CHOOOO members are against the trolling. If you see any griefing/gamethrowing/leave training behavior, please fill a report against the player.

That being said, the CHOO CHOO thing is a form of metagaming. It is part of the game. I think it can be considered as trolling, in the sense explained on the Wiki. Trolling is not a crime, but a strategy (in the limits already explained on the Wiki).

Plus, some known trolls took the CHOO CHOO thing to a leave train offense. Know that we do NOT support this, and that these players are not in the clan, or got banned from it. And for the "losing on purpose", this is gamethrowing. We do not support this either, and encourage you to report the gamethrowers in order to keep the game clean.

Thanks for writing about this. I have seen many players disappointed about that play style, and I will do my best to ban the members infracting the rules banned.

Again, if you see any gamethrowing member of CHOOOO, please do the following things (in priority order):
    1) Report this player on the forums, as OneLastHope suggested
    2) Message Scvmurderer, myself or any other officer, and link a replay with it
    3 (optional) Check if the player got banned from the clan; if he did not get banned, you can still message Scv or an officer. We will take care of the problem.

All the best,
    MarshMarsh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5

Could someone move this in the -Mafia- section of the forums? This is not a thread about Forum Mafia.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Scvmurderer View Post
    The choos policy is not to throw or break any rules. Any exceptions by members of choo is the sole responsibility of said individual and should not effect the view of the whole clan.
    Why do you keep the indivifuals in your clan if they affect theview of whole clan, as appparently they do?
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa View Post
    Why do you keep the indivifuals in your clan if they affect theview of whole clan, as appparently they do?
    We are not omniscient.
    Probable answer: But people say CHOOOO players troll! Why don't you ban them!!!!
    Answer: Because saying the entire clan is troll doesn't help us! Tell us WHO did that, and show us a replay. Then we'll apply a punishment, a ban or a demotion.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Ghowilo View Post
    Spam pause? I don't think it is an infractable offense, but it is indeed disruptive. I will make an announcement against this.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    We are not omniscient.
    Probable answer: But people say CHOOOO players troll! Why don't you ban them!!!!
    Answer: Because saying the entire clan is troll doesn't help us! Tell us WHO did that, and show us a replay. Then we'll apply a punishment, a ban or a demotion.
    How do ypu know they exist but not who they are?
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa View Post
    How do ypu know they exist but not who they are?
    Because:
    1) Mafia is anonymous.
    2) People are accusating CHOOOO members of many things. Some people are just trying to frame the clan, some others are telling the truth. However, they did not check who it was. They just scream that the entire clan is troll.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Because:
    1) Mafia is anonymous.
    2) People are accusating CHOOOO members of many things. Some people are just trying to frame the clan, some others are telling the truth. However, they did not check who it was. They just scream that the entire clan is troll.
    These people really do not give a shit about these trollers they so claim. When something bad happens to them such as being lynched, or killed they will always have something to blame on. That is what every human being is.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerRebellion View Post
    These people really do not give a shit about these trollers they so claim. When something bad happens to them such as being lynched, or killed they will always have something to blame on. That is what every human being is.
    Some human beings are better than you... Some people (like me) ACTUALLY care about the game. Trolls are bad. They need to be reported. If you don't report them, at least, don't tell us it's useless.

14. ISO #14

Some human beings are better than you... Some people (like me) ACTUALLY care about the game. Trolls are bad. They need to be reported. If you don't report them, at least, don't tell us it's useless.
    Never said anything about reporting them is useless. I am saying that there are trolls/gamethrowers in almost every game I play in. No one ever reports them because they do not give two shits about them. I can dedicate time to report all of them, but they will only receive 2X WL, which holds absolutely no value to me.

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerRebellion View Post
    Never said anything about reporting them is useless. I am saying that there are trolls/gamethrowers in almost every game I play in. No one ever reports them because they do not give two shits about them. I can dedicate time to report all of them, but they will only receive 2X WL, which holds absolutely no value to me.
    That's why there are trolls. If they get reported many times, they get a Ban List. But if "noone gives a shit about them", well... they stay in the game forever. And you just said reporting them is useless ^^

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoskr View Post
    CHOO CHOO, LYNCH #7 HE'S DH!
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

17. ISO #17

A clan that is dedicated to skirting the rules as to not break but still disrupt the game should not exist. I understand you have the freedom to do what you want within rules but when multiple members of the SC2Mafia community say that members of your clan are breaking those rules I would think you would want to do more than just wait for replays. The clans name itself indicates that leave training is something that you promote as the word CHOO CHOO is something people say before leaving a game. Finally if there are trolls who are trying to give people a bad time and also trying to avoid the banhammer, I would think other players wouldnt want to play with them so that would also hurt the game experience online and hurt the Mafia community. That is just my personal opinion though.

18. ISO #18

Being in contact with a few people in CHOOO in a private discord makes it clear that they don't approve of several clan member's actions. People like Hacker are frowned upon even within the group and it makes absolutely no goddamn sense why they're still in.

Played two games with CHOOOO members and it killed any chance of me wanting to play a third. Between SCV and Hacker you guys behave absolutely horribly ingame and deserve a pointban to prevent colored names at the very least. It's hard to sit through mindless ctrl+v over and over again when there's an easier to run, in-browser game with an infinitely better community. In my opinion, things need to be set in place to prevent these* kind of deplorable actions. Which is why ToS has a definite "no spamming" rule in place and a thoroughly made player report system which allows anyone to submit or review cases and shuts out trolls quite effectively.

From this day to the end of time I will stand against groups meant to skirt around the rules like CHOO or their predecessor Tafkal. Clean your act up, you're responsible for killing the game.

Edit *: fixed typo
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; February 11th, 2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

19. ISO #19

If you don't support members of your shitty clan from trolling, then why don't you remove them?

Peruse the report forums to quickly find multiple instances of CHOOO members like svcmurderer not getting punished at all or punished lightly for being ruining this game for people.

They will join games, coordinate outside the boundaries of the game, refuse to kill each other if one is mafia and one is non mafia for example, using ideas like "well I know we can get him on our side he always flips evil if neutral".

Time to get rid of all the choos.

Mafia should be fun, not a choo circle jerk troll fest.

The question is this: Why do you people celebrate a clan that openly advocates for trolling and gamethrowing and gameruining? If they haven't removed the player that goes by the name of "Hacker" from their clan, then that tells me that they not only encourage all of this behavior but openly endorse it.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Spoiler : Replay :

Before you accuse me of being baseless, replay from way back in December. I submitted this as a report but it didn't get punished.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

someone run an ip check to make sure this guy isnt actually just me posting on a different account because we think exactly alike and its scary

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    A clan that is dedicated to skirting the rules as to not break but still disrupt the game should not exist. I understand you have the freedom to do what you want within rules but when multiple members of the SC2Mafia community say that members of your clan are breaking those rules I would think you would want to do more than just wait for replays. The clans name itself indicates that leave training is something that you promote as the word CHOO CHOO is something people say before leaving a game. Finally if there are trolls who are trying to give people a bad time and also trying to avoid the banhammer, I would think other players wouldnt want to play with them so that would also hurt the game experience online and hurt the Mafia community. That is just my personal opinion though.
    Exactly this.

Also: I absolutely detest spammers.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Being in contact with a few people in CHOOO in a private discord makes it clear that they don't approve of several clan member's actions. People like Hacker are frowned upon even within the group and it makes absolutely no goddamn sense why they're still in.

Played two games with CHOOOO members and it killed any chance of me wanting to play a third. Between SCV and Hacker you guys behave absolutely horribly ingame and deserve a pointban to prevent colored names at the very least. It's hard to sit through mindless ctrl+v over and over again when there's an easier to run, in-browser game with an infinitely better community. In my opinion, things need to be set in place to prevent these* kind of deplorable actions. Which is why ToS has a definite "no spamming" rule in place and a thoroughly made player report system which allows anyone to submit or review cases and shuts out trolls quite effectively.

From this day to the end of time I will stand against groups meant to skirt around the rules like CHOO or their predecessor Tafkal. Clean your act up, you're responsible for killing the game.

Edit *: fixed typo
    This is not my vision of CHOOOO. I have been asking a complete ban on Hacker since +- 6 months. It is now done. I am actively searching for the bad apples in the clan. My vision of CHOOOO was that, for once, the community was moderating itself, being nice and all. Spamming killed it all.

That being said, I agree with #17 post. However, having played many games with scv, I can swear on my head I've never seen him or anyone in the clan coordinate for a game, and refusing to lynch an enemy intentionally. I've heard several times "This time we're on same team at least we can stop lynching ourselves" in mafia chat. Same type of comments after a game. I cannot guarantee this is respected by every member, as the clan has more than 90 members.
    I would like to see more moderation inside the clan though, as I feel like only scv, worldofgenis and I are trying to keep the clan clean.

If you are really disappointed in a member's behavior, please contact me (Zeratul on sc2) or Scvmurderer. Show a replay, and actions will be made if necessary. WE DO NOT TOLERATE ANY RULE BREAKING. If you provide a replay with clearly disruptive behavior/gamethrowing or anything like that, we will warn/kick the member. Also, about "well I know we can get him on our side he always flips evil if neutral" complaint, this is called meta trust. Having the same name every game has advantages and disadvantages. An advantage is metatrust, but you can also get meta lynched. This strategy belongs to each player.

Once again, if you find any disruptive behavior, TELL ME OR SCV. You can't assume we got eyes everywhere. Also, Hacker's ban cleared a big burden from the clan. Now we can actually think about finding other potential trolls and enforce the game rules correctly. Scv and I dissociate of the trolls, and will not help nor tolerate them.

I will watch the sumbitted replay when I'll be on my SC2 computer, this is a laptop.

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    Ill show you a replay of SCV murderer coordinating outside the game and refusing to kill another choo member.
    I can't wait to see it.

29. ISO #29

First thing SCV does when he gets into a game is spam his special colored "The Lynch Train" name. Now tell me that inspires confidence in a troll free game.

I'm sorry you refuse to admit that your clan sponsors game ruining, trolling, and cheating. Despite your intentions, this is what is going on. Your so called 'intentions' are meaningless to reality.

I guess the community is going to have to take a vigilante approach start making "Non Choo" lobbies or something, for the sake of the future of the game.

I guess basic decency is too much to ask!

Delete your clan and start over.

30. ISO #30

First thing SCV does when he gets into a game is spam his special colored "The Lynch Train" name. Now tell me that inspires confidence in a troll free game.

I'm sorry you refuse to admit that your clan sponsors game ruining, trolling, and cheating. Despite your intentions, this is what is going on. Your so called 'intentions' are meaningless to reality.

I guess the community is going to have to take a vigilante approach start making "Non Choo" lobbies or something, for the sake of the future of the game.

PanM is returning vigilante approches are needed
    I Like Ice Cream

31. ISO #31

Hm, apparently me and all the CHOOs are evil incarnate to you then?
    CHOO CHOO, THE DARK GOD CALLS THOSE RIGHTEOUS AND FAITHFUL! FLOCK TO THE DARK MESSIAHS ARMS!

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

This is not my vision of CHOOOO. I have been asking a complete ban on Hacker since +- 6 months. It is now done. I am actively searching for the bad apples in the clan. My vision of CHOOOO was that, for once, the community was moderating itself, being nice and all. Spamming killed it all.

That being said, I agree with #17 post. However, having played many games with scv, I can swear on my head I've never seen him or anyone in the clan coordinate for a game, and refusing to lynch an enemy intentionally. I've heard several times "This time we're on same team at least we can stop lynching ourselves" in mafia chat. Same type of comments after a game. I cannot guarantee this is respected by every member, as the clan has more than 90 members.
    I would like to see more moderation inside the clan though, as I feel like only scv, worldofgenis and I are trying to keep the clan clean.

If you are really disappointed in a member's behavior, please contact me (Zeratul on sc2) or Scvmurderer. Show a replay, and actions will be made if necessary. WE DO NOT TOLERATE ANY RULE BREAKING. If you provide a replay with clearly disruptive behavior/gamethrowing or anything like that, we will warn/kick the member. Also, about "well I know we can get him on our side he always flips evil if neutral" complaint, this is called meta trust. Having the same name every game has advantages and disadvantages. An advantage is metatrust, but you can also get meta lynched. This strategy belongs to each player.

Once again, if you find any disruptive behavior, TELL ME OR SCV. You can't assume we got eyes everywhere. Also, Hacker's ban cleared a big burden from the clan. Now we can actually think about finding other potential trolls and enforce the game rules correctly. Scv and I dissociate of the trolls, and will not help nor tolerate them.

I will watch the sumbitted replay when I'll be on my SC2 computer, this is a laptop.
    MM here covers all the bases pretty much.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

Scv and I dissociate of the trolls, and will not help nor tolerate them.
    Explain to me how I was able to provide a replay of scv literally playing a game with Hacker?

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

SCV gets a free pass because is a forum mod or something goofy like that.

Sad but true.

Everyone turns a blind eye to his gamethrowing, trolling, spamming, and gameruining.
    This thread is starting to feel more like an echo chamber for certain CHOO haters. Hell half you want to ban over 90 ppl for a tag beside their name.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Sad but true.

Everyone turns a blind eye to his gamethrowing, trolling, spamming, and gameruining.
    There is no blind eye. As staff he is held to a higher standard. If you see him gamethrowing or breaking any other rules, please file a report with a supporting replay.

This said, I know what you mean about excessive spamming and it has been addressed with SCV. You should see a lot less of that as of late.
    Winner of Survivor 2

40. ISO #40

Sad but true.

Nope. Now it is fixed. Hacker's problem is fixed. I will take any report to myself or scv very seriously. Just do it and it'll stop. We are not trolls. And we aren't moderators either. Our ban can be applied more easily than a real ban because it doesn't stop people from playing. People in the clan are supposed to be helping the community, not bombing it.

Edit: Tossangel explained your concerns very correctly, and I can confirm spamming is no longer a thing.

41. ISO #41

A real echo chamber is a game with 7 or so CHOO people all spamming CHOO CHOO CHOO and refusing to kill each other.

So yeah I suppose you would know a lot about echo chambers.

It's okay, the community is wising up. Already seeing lobbies with choo's kicked immediately.
    If such a thing happens, report. It would be a clear cut case of cheating and gamethrowing.

Edit: zeratul#11873 is my battletag. If you need help about the clan, send me a friend request. I accept them randomly and unfriend if it's a spammer anyway, so you're sure to be at least heard.
    Last edited by Marshmallow Marshall; February 13th, 2018 at 06:51 AM.

42. ISO #42

Nope. Now it is fixed. Hacker's problem is fixed. I will take any report to myself or scv very seriously. Just do it and it'll stop. We are not trolls. And we aren't moderators either. Our ban can be applied more easily than a real ban because it doesn't stop people from playing. People in the clan are supposed to be helping the community, not bombing it.

Edit: Tossangel explained your concerns very correctly, and I can confirm spamming is no longer a thing.
    Guy, we know it so i agere with you.
    <Choo> is a clan, not a problem, problem is solved.
    [SIGPIC]Why you hold cursor on my signature picture?[/SIGPIC] A very annoying SC2Mafia player.

43. ISO #43

As a "spiritual" member of CHOO. I really detest the accusers basis of this being "trolling". No rules are being infracted upon, and the only one who seem to complain are the ones who take it too fucking seriously. At the end of the day, we play our objectives even if we don't know each others roles. With Hacker gone for a while, things ARE more tame. However you can't throw out accusations on an entire playerbase because you don't get what you want ingame.
    https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-6dbb48f64e.gif

BROKEN....our love.....it's BROKEN

44. ISO #44

Quote Originally Posted by Chalibluefin View Post
    As a "spiritual" member of CHOO. I really detest the accusers basis of this being "trolling". No rules are being infracted upon, and the only one who seem to complain are the ones who take it too fucking seriously. At the end of the day, we play our objectives even if we don't know each others roles. With Hacker gone for a while, things ARE more tame. However you can't throw out accusations on an entire playerbase because you don't get what you want ingame.
    It's not what they mean. They don't "not get what they want ingame", they saw TROLLING. It was commited by Hacker. Now they generalized this to the entire playerbase, and everyone is surprised when I pick the name The Lynch Train and don't troll.

So let's make things clear: If you feel offended by the behavior of a member, friend me and message me, show me the replay (which implies you saved the replay under a name so you can find it) and we'll see. Crying all over the place won't fix anything. Nor kicking CHOOOO members. Nor killing them N1, etc. If you see an offense commited by a CHOOOO member, you may also report it as you would do with every player. This subject should no longer be matter of discusssion.

45. ISO #45

It's not what they mean. They don't "not get what they want ingame", they saw TROLLING. It was commited by Hacker. Now they generalized this to the entire playerbase, and everyone is surprised when I pick the name The Lynch Train and don't troll.

So let's make things clear: If you feel offended by the behavior of a member, friend me and message me, show me the replay (which implies you saved the replay under a name so you can find it) and we'll see. Crying all over the place won't fix anything. Nor kicking CHOOOO members. Nor killing them N1, etc. If you see an offense commited by a CHOOOO member, you may also report it as you would do with every player. This subject should no longer be matter of discusssion.
    This clan is full of spammers, they spamming cancer.

If you feel like a member is gamethrowing/griefering/being a cancer, you can report him.

Also, this thread was made 16th october 2017, i necroposted 10th febuary with half-invisible ink, now this thread seems like a very popular and active thread nowdays, i don't knew 1 necropost can change the thread forever.
    Last edited by Arsonist; February 15th, 2018 at 08:29 AM.

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    Choooo Is Still The Same For Me...

A Damn Troll Clan...
    but spamming isn't trolling

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Yea, it's cancerous. There's should be a ban for a player being a cancer.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Yea, it's cancerous. There's should be a ban for a player being a cancer.
    Yes.

When 2 or more chooos are spamming in a game to the point where nothing can be communicated during the day... It's cancer and gameruining. That's why they do it. They don't care about playing the game.

Like I said, when the first thing someone does in game is spam their special color name in name selection, it doesn't inspire much confidence.