No night text when attacking NI role
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

No night text when attacking NI role

I noticed that there is a discrepancy between the game's sounds and its text during the night sequence. If an attacker hits a target that is night immune, there is an attack sound but there is not text. If an attacker hits someone who is healed by a doctor, there is an attack sound and the text still appears. This can lead to a dead giveaway when someone claims to be attacked and healed but they are actually night immune. Also, it makes conceptual sense that the text describing what you hear at night lines up with the actual sound in the game.

2. ISO #2

Re: No night text when attacking NI role

Do you remember if it was for every attack type or one specifically? This is a nice catch
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

3. ISO #3

I have always thought that this was intentional and has to do with the order of events.
    1) Whenever you attack someone there is the appropriate role sound
    2) If the target is NI, you will not see red text. Otherwise you will see red text, regardless of if they got doctored or not.

It's true that many players do not realize this and probably many people do not play with their sound on, but this is how it has always been I believe. This just gives useful feedback to both the attacker and the rest of the players as to what happened that night. (IE: If red text but not dead, you know that guy was healed. If sounds but no red text, they attacked a NI (or occasionally in the case of MMs, they attacked an empty house), if no sounds at all they either did not attack or were jailed/RBed).

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Do you remember if it was for every attack type or one specifically? This is a nice catch
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    I have always thought that this was intentional and has to do with the order of events.
    1) Whenever you attack someone there is the appropriate role sound
    2) If the target is NI, you will not see red text. Otherwise you will see red text, regardless of if they got doctored or not.

It's true that many players do not realize this and probably many people do not play with their sound on, but this is how it has always been I believe. This just gives useful feedback to both the attacker and the rest of the players as to what happened that night. (IE: If red text but not dead, you know that guy was healed. If sounds but no red text, they attacked a NI (or occasionally in the case of MMs, they attacked an empty house), if no sounds at all they either did not attack or were jailed/RBed).
    This is my experience also.
    (°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)(°.°)

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by dooglrig View Post
    no, mafia eu is dead now.

players and games on eu were on a higher level. the common us-save with default mayor/marshall, pm on and night sequence would have been very town favoured.
    so we took away info for town and helped evils by disabling night sequence.
    I should add that 8/3/4 and 8/4/3 were the most used setups... Also the offed night sequence was mostly used in games without newbies - for the extra challenge. I quite miss those times - but certain 2 ppl destroyed eu mafia... And both of them are on Na these days...

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Maciekkub View Post
    Who destroyed EU mafia lol
    Panther and Hitman ofcourse. Ask any non PanM player who witnessed it 2015-2016 - every single one who is not ducking up to them will tell you about the kicks,skyping and hate they unleashed... And it is not stopping even in NA - I have several replays from the last few days how panther gamethrows and is instigating leave train. At least in here he can't in-game kick ppl like he did in EU!

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    Panther and Hitman ofcourse. Ask any non PanM player who witnessed it 2015-2016 - every single one who is not ducking up to them will tell you about the kicks,skyping and hate they unleashed... And it is not stopping even in NA - I have several replays from the last few days how panther gamethrows and is instigating leave train. At least in here he can't in-game kick ppl like he did in EU!
    Efekannn? ;P

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Nawa View Post
    Panther and Hitman arent allies, though.
    Have I said they are allies?
    Panther and his groupies wanted everything to be the way they want it to be, to play with only people who are obedient. Later on they started just kicking people to ruin the game "for the fun of it" they said.
    Hitman on the other side - he was simply angry at people and at the game. He went on about "I am gonna fuck panther and I am gonna ruin Mafia forever!" - I know exactly what he said - I had him in my friend list before he turned a complete retard.

Also Hybrid - for the love of ... (atheist here) ... will you stop trolling for a single day...

18. ISO #18

This thread is about a bug in the night sequence. It's not about the end of Mafia EU.

If you encounter a player breaking the rules, post about it in the Player Reports section. This thread isn't the place to litigate players' conduct.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    Have I said they are allies?
    Panther and his groupies wanted everything to be the way they want it to be, to play with only people who are obedient. Later on they started just kicking people to ruin the game "for the fun of it" they said.
    Hitman on the other side - he was simply angry at people and at the game. He went on about "I am gonna fuck panther and I am gonna ruin Mafia forever!" - I know exactly what he said - I had him in my friend list before he turned a complete retard.

Also Hybrid - for the love of ... (atheist here) ... will you stop trolling for a single day...
    Not gonna happen

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Yes, EU was first mentioned in terms of balancing the night sequence, which was a relevant and productive topic to mention. But then we started talking about EU's decline and the people who played a part in it. Let's keep this focused.

22. ISO #22

I think, this should be optional and probably awarded in few points for Evils to win. Without award it will probably stay off, as new players don't create lobbies and old would barely want ez game.

Maybe 1 point for non-killer Mafia, 5 points for GF/Mafioso, 1 point for Neutral Evil-Not Killer and 8 points for killing neutral.
    Killers are getting risk of getting detected, nonkillmafias can turn to mafioso, evil nonkiller neuts could hardly win without any killer, neuts killing - self expalantory.

Edit: nah i am wrong, probs +3 points for permanent night immunity as evil and +1 points for every other evil, except cult.
    P. S. Whatever.
    Last edited by Nawa; July 3rd, 2017 at 02:27 PM.
    orange lowercase phrase
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)=▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

23. ISO #23