Tragedy Looper #3 Tutorial Game (First Steps) - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Tragedy Looper #3 Tutorial Game (First Steps)

Phase 4: Resolve Actions

Mastermind wrote:
    The Mastermind performs the following actions:
    • Rich Man's Daughter: Intrigue +2
    • City: Intrigue +1
    • Henchman: Paranoia +1
    The Protagonists wrote:
    The Protagonists perform the following actions:
    • City: Forbid Intrigue (Whad)
    • Police Officer: Movement Vertical (Grommor)
    • Office Worker: Goodwill +1 (Sino)
    Hospital
    Doctor
    Henchman ☹☹
    Office Worker ♥♥♥
    Rich Man's Daughter ��
    Shrine
    Class Rep
    Girl Student
    Police Officer
    City School

Phase 5: Mastermind Abilities
    The Mastermind uses no abilities.

Phase 6: Goodwill Abilities
    To celebrate your newfound friendship with the Office Worker, he takes you out for drinks. After awhile, he goes into a lengthy story about how the crime family that controls this city is untouchable. Evidence disappears, witnesses are silenced, and the family’s pet newspapers distort the truth beyond recognition.
    You soon realize that the Officer Worker is a Conspiracy Theorist .

Phase 7: Incidents
    You know that the Faraway Murder is supposed to take place today... and just when you think it won't occur, you hear a receptionist and nurse discussing how the Rich Man's Daughter apparently overdosed on pain medication and died.

Phase 8: Switch Leader
    There is no Leader tomorrow. This is the final day.

Phase 9: Day End
    That evening, while out drinking with the Officer Worker, you see a report on the news that all charges against a particularly well known crime family have been dropped. You hear the Office Worker mutter, "Typical..." and you realize that this has happened before. This is what always happens. Just like the Officer Worker said, the family is untouchable and somehow, someway, they've eluded justice once again.

The news report then shifts to the death of a local student, the Rich Man's Daughter you met at the hospital. You realize with dawning horror that you recognize her. She was a friend of yours from before you began looping back in time. You're not sure why neither of you realized it sooner, but now you know you have to go back and set this right.

You've remembered that the Rich Man's Daughter is your friend!

End of Loop.

At the end of the loop, the board looked like:

Hospital
    Doctor
    Henchman ☹☹
    Office Worker ♥♥♥
    Rich Man's Daughter ��
    Shrine
    Class Rep
    Girl Student
    Police Officer
    City School

Game Start

Loop 2 of 4
    Day 1 of 5 (Leader: Grommor)
    Incident: Spreading

Phase 1: Day Start - Morning
    Though she didn't seem to recognize you in the previous loop, you notice a faint sense of recollection in the eyes of the Rich Man's Daughter. Perhaps her traumatizing death allowed her to overcome whatever had been suppressing her memories, the way you did when you saw that news report.
    The Rich Man's Daughter gains Goodwill +1 ♥.

Phase 2: Mastermind Actions

Mastermind wrote:
    The Mastermind intends to perform an action on the following characters/locations:
    • Class Rep
    • Rich Man's Daughter
    • Henchman
    Hospital
    Doctor
    Shrine
    City
    Henchman
    Office Worker
    Police Officer
    School
    Class Rep
    Girl Student
    Rich Man's Daughter

Phase 3: Protagonists Actions
    The Protagonists may now discuss what actions they would like to take. To confirm your action, reply in bold, red colored font.

So now we know:

We are in either Murder Plan or Light of the Avenger as our main plot
    and Hideous Script as the Subplot.

Conspiracy Theorist - Office Worker
    Friend - Rich Man's Daughter
    0-2 Curmudgeon - ???
    Brain - Class Rep or Office Worker
    (Key Person?) - (???)
    (Killer) - (???)

D1 Culprit - ???
    D3 Cuprit - ???
    D5 Cuprit - Henchman
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

I'm not sure if MM was just trying to fake us out, but the constant +1 intrigue on the city makes me think that the Brain is probably Police Officer, and that we are probably in Light of the Avenger.

We can only forbid paranoia on one place on the board each turn. Now that we know there's a Brain, I'm sure MM will use the MM + paranoia ability a lot. So it will be very important to keep the Brain away from other characters (especially Rich Man's Daughter) and his starting location.

I think we should do movement Vertical on Police Officer to remove him from his starting location and also move him from his starting location (so if he is the brain he can't put paranoia on his starting location or on someone we know we must protect)

Since Henchman is the culprit of D5, the only person who can get enough paranoia D1 to be a culprit is the Rich Man's Daughter unless the conspiracy theorist helps someone get up to 2 paranoia. In any case, I think it's very unlikely we will have spreading occur today. I think MM will probably move Rich Man's Daughter to a different location? We can probably +2 goodwill her so she can give goodwill to other characters in future days.

Not sure about the last action. What do you guys think?
    I am Hela, Odin's firstborn, commander of the legions of Asgard, the rightful heir to the throne and the Goddess of Death.

I'd say it's time to resume this game, don't you guys think ?
    @Grommor
    @Whad

Are you ready ?

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    So now we know:

We are in either Murder Plan or Light of the Avenger as our main plot
    and Hideous Script as the Subplot.

Conspiracy Theorist - Office Worker
    Friend - Rich Man's Daughter
    0-2 Curmudgeon - ???
    Brain - Class Rep or Office Worker
    (Key Person?) - (???)
    (Killer) - (???)

D1 Culprit - ???
    D3 Cuprit - ???
    D5 Cuprit - Henchman
    We already know the Office Worker is Conspiracy Theorist, are you sure the Class Rep is 100% brain ?
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    I'd say it's time to resume this game, don't you guys think ?
    @Grommor
    @Whad

Are you ready ?

We already know the Office Worker is Conspiracy Theorist, are you sure the Class Rep is 100% brain ?
    No, the brain is either Class Rep or Office Worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Whad View Post
    No, the brain is either Class Rep or Office Worker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trine View Post
    You soon realize that the Officer Worker is a Conspiracy Theorist .
    By the rules, it can't be the Office Worker.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

We do know we have to protect the Rich man's daughter, and mostly from intrigue tokens, we also probably need to keep those tokens away from the city, so what are the best actions now ? Forbid intrigue on the Rich man's daughter ?

I'd say it's time we try to use more goodwill abilities, such as the Police Officier's one, what do you think about this ? @Grommor @Whad
    -vote Sino