Mobile Mockups
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Mobile Mockups

  1. #1

    Mobile Mockups

    First round of mockups for Narrator's mobile interface!!!

    http://5bjfb9.axshare.com/#g=1&p=home

    There are some issues I have with a few of the design choices, but I'll post them after I hear your thoughts. Also, the 'in game' isn't quite ready, but i'll update the thread when its done.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  2. #2

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    im offended the template is of an iPhone.

    you racist
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    iphone best phone?
    a template for a sony ericsson t303a would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    for the record, the reason why the mockup is in iphone, is because they have the smallest mobile phones. most other phones have more real estate, and can expand/adapt to show more of the screen later.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  7. #7

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    i thought sony was in the lead for smallest phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

    Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Looks Purdy and Simple

    edit: omg what is a pilot i must know
    nothing. the guy who did these doesn't know the roles THAT well, so he probably just made that one up.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    voss.

    go create pilot role.

    dont come back until u amaze us
    okay. i'm back with the pilot role:

    pIlOt
    -A pilot
    -Likes to go fast.
    -Each night can go faster and faster.
    -After n1 he goes so fast he breaks the barrier between living and dead and can then talk to the dead.

    Options:
    -Can't land plane after n2. This results in death of pilot.
    -Dead can/can't talk back to the pilot.

    Best. Role. Ever.
    If people don't like this role, i'm done with this site and taking everything but the pilot role with me.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  12. #12

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    LAPIDUS
    I love oops

    Spoiler : :

    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

  13. #13

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    okay the biggest issue i have with the mockups is the decision to go with the 'dots' to represent teams.

    The pros of this is there is no 'color mashing', and users could choose which color they want for which team.

    However, I'm very much accustomed to the way sc2mafia forums do it. The roles list is colored. And I took it a step further in Narrator. Most of the page is skinned to your faction color team. The way I picture it on mobile is that some of the text will be colored, like your role in your info. And maybe the icons on top could be colored too, to help solidify 'which team you're in.'

    Looking for thoughts on this criticism so I can either be persuaded to go the 'dot way' or have ammo to use my design aspect.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  16. #16

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    okay. i'm back with the pilot role:

    pIlOt
    -A pilot
    -Likes to go fast.
    -Each night can go faster and faster.
    -After n1 he goes so fast he breaks the barrier between living and dead and can then talk to the dead.

    Options:
    -Can't land plane after n2. This results in death of pilot.
    -Dead can/can't talk back to the pilot.

    Best. Role. Ever.
    If people don't like this role, i'm done with this site and taking everything but the pilot role with me.
    Implement this role immediately or else

    BTW, I enjoy the mobile mockup, looks really good but I think the chat may be a bit problematic with the smaller interface? Guess it's just me though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    okay the biggest issue i have with the mockups is the decision to go with the 'dots' to represent teams.

    The pros of this is there is no 'color mashing', and users could choose which color they want for which team.

    However, I'm very much accustomed to the way sc2mafia forums do it. The roles list is colored. And I took it a step further in Narrator. Most of the page is skinned to your faction color team. The way I picture it on mobile is that some of the text will be colored, like your role in your info. And maybe the icons on top could be colored too, to help solidify 'which team you're in.'

    Looking for thoughts on this criticism so I can either be persuaded to go the 'dot way' or have ammo to use my design aspect.
    I think it could be better if you could make it an option (choose your colors or have the app choose for you based on your role), there's more versatility and that way it's still a personal preference.

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    @Alright , what about the chat? I have an answer for what I suspect you might say, but I want to hear what you have to say first.
    I'm just more of anti-mobile in general for Mafia games, especially that they're not designed for a heavy discussion game. Maybe you could take steps to make UI more cozy, make chat as the mainstay, etc. but that's pretty much my only suggestion. I do think the app looks amazing though and am looking forward seeing how it's developed.

  19. #19

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I'm just more of anti-mobile in general for Mafia games, especially that they're not designed for a heavy discussion game. Maybe you could take steps to make UI more cozy, make chat as the mainstay, etc. but that's pretty much my only suggestion. I do think the app looks amazing though and am looking forward seeing how it's developed.
    You said both, lol. Okay, so a heavy target we have for 'The Narrator' is that its available to pull out and play with your friends IRL. This is extremely useful for me as a personal use case, and I'm sure others would use it that way too. Then, once they use the app IRL more, they might? (hopefully) begin to explore the online community (which I know is pretty much nonexistant atm).

    Specifically in regards to the 'chat for game phase,' That page isn't on the mockups yet. UI mockup person is still working on that. To 'make chat more mainstay,' there's pretty much a fixed 'new message preview' bar at the bottom of the screen, that when clicked, takes you directly to the chat. I figure most people will stay in the chat section, and then reference game info/do actions sparingly. And if the game really is blowing up, I personally would just switch to my computer at that point. Those 'full-sized' mockups are due 'soon' as well...

    Not sure what you mean about 'UI more cozy'... but that could just be lack of color, and mainly your chat critique. Thanks for the suggestion though, it really is insightful!

    pedit, I want to eventually add voice to this. and having a mobile interface, is probably a good thing, maybe even necessary?

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

  20. #20

    Re: Mobile Mockups

    'game_overview', and 'your role' are completed for mobile. =)

    up next action submission.

    figured i'd post something here so people know i'm still working on it.

    FM XVII: Bonney Jewelry (Journalist)
    FM XVIII: Kalou (Savage Godfather)
    FM XX: Joseph Bertrand (Marshall)
    FM XXI: USA (Escort)
    FM XV: Whiskey (Whore)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •