Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017? - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Putting a non-sourced pic in and saying the other pic is fake, doesn't really make your point.


    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...r-metrics-don/


    Trump, 2017 250,000 to 600,000
    Barack Obama, 2013 1 million
    Obama, 2009 1.8 million
    George W. Bush, 2005 400,000
    Bush, 2001 300,000
    Bill Clinton, 1997 250,000
    Clinton, 1993 800,000
    George H.W. Bush, 1989 300,000
    Did you read the article? It's saying those are estimations based on the picture that Orpz posted

    I ain't saying that he drew crowds like Obama lol
    Being first black president being sworn in, on a nice day, with minimal threats of violence, in a democratic district with a democratic president. There is absolutely no way Trump could draw the same crowd as Obama. All the reporters saying he pulled in the biggest crowds are just as dumb as the reporters showing the picture hours before inauguration.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  2. #22

  3. #23

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That's another good point; Who wants to go to an inauguration when protesters are threatening violence lol I'd rather be at home with that shit going on.
    I agree. I wouldn't have felt safe attending with the potential for violence.
    Winner of Survivor 2

  4. #24

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Did you read the article? It's saying those are estimations based on the picture that Orpz posted

    I ain't saying that he drew crowds like Obama lol
    Being first black president being sworn in, on a nice day, with minimal threats of violence, in a democratic district with a democratic president. There is absolutely no way Trump could draw the same crowd as Obama. All the reporters saying he pulled in the biggest crowds are just as dumb as the reporters showing the picture hours before inauguration.
    Not really.

    The estimations are based on how far each gate goes at each section. They also used date from the MTA to figure out how many people took rides that day.

    It's not fake news at all though, he said he had 1.5 million people at his inauguration. There is just absolutely no data or pictures to prove that statement. And yes he said that number at the CIA.

    Also his press secretary said it was the most attended inauguration EVER. PERIOD. Which is false. Obama's first inauguration drew in 1.8 million people. Even if Trump's number of 1.5 is correct, he was still short by 300 thousand people.

    I'd say he probably got 700 thousand people. How many of that number were protestors? Probably not a significant amount.


    The thing that is dangerous here is that the president and his team are deciding to wage war against the media. This type of behavior is typical of dictators and can lead to a very slippery slope.

    I just watched a video of Chuck Todd and Kelly Ann Conway discussing this. She would not answer the question of why the crowd sizes were so important to talk about. We have bigger fish to fry than the press secretary coming out and arguing about whether or not the president had 500 thousand people or 700 thousand people. In the long run I'll quote Kelly Ann from the interview I just mentioned "Presidents are not judged by the size of the crowd at inauguration, they are judged by the accomplishments of their administration."

    I agree with her, and it scares me when the president and his team engage in such petty bickering. Unfortunately his supporters will ignore all logic and fact to support whatever notion he is espousing. It is a dangerous time we live in, especially when our government undermines the press and no one thinks anything of it. We need to hold the press accountable, but we need to hold the president account even more so.


    Regardless of how many people showed up to his inauguration. The fact remains, 3 million more people did not want him as president over HRC. Regardless of his crowd size, the day after his official rise to power MILLIONS of women, and men, from around the world went out to protest him, and his incoming administration.

    "Some of these numbers are subject to change, but the historically massive scale of this protest can not be denied. The protests in Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City alone totals over 2 million people. Over 670 marches took place worldwide, with thousands of people also taking part in demonstrations in Tokyo, Dublin, Capetown, Paris, Vienna, and Yangon, to name a few." http://usuncut.com/news/official-wom...ch-attendance/

    If visual aids are better for you, check out this: http://fortune.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-photos/


    The point is. Arguing over his crowd size is petty and detracts from the larger picture that he is the president, and has a job to do to protect ALL Americans. It is clear that the majority of the people who voted did not want him as president. It is evident that he is bombastic and uses language that is off putting to people. It is evident that many around the world are not excited for him to be president.

    His supporters say "give him a chance" but with his cabinet picks, his fighting with protestors, the media, etc on twitter..does not give me hope or trust. Let's hope that he gets his agenda done and still protects the rights of those who feel he is not going to protect us.




    OH, and on the 21st of Jan....it rained, was cold, and foggy in DC. Still AT LEAST 500 thousand women showed up in DC alone...Please stop using "violence" or "the weather" as an excuse for this man. Call it what it is. The MAJORITY of American's do not like him. He needs to win our trust, favor, and he needs to PROVEt to US that he was the right person for the job. He does this by doing all he can to ensure America is moved forward, and ALL of us are lifted up. Let's stop engaging in excuse making for this man. He is unpopular with the majority, he still has a strong following. But remember the majority of people who "love him" or "trust him" is much lower than the amount of people that voted for him. So yes, enthusiasm for his inauguration would not be at an all time high. And that's OK. He won.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; January 22nd, 2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  5. #25

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Not really.

    The estimations are based on how far each gate goes at each section. They also used date from the MTA to figure out how many people took rides that day.

    It's not fake news at all though, he said he had 1.5 million people at his inauguration. There is just absolutely no data or pictures to prove that statement. And yes he said that number at the CIA.

    Also his press secretary said it was the most attended inauguration EVER. PERIOD. Which is false. Obama's first inauguration drew in 1.8 million people. Even if Trump's number of 1.5 is correct, he was still short by 300 thousand people.

    I'd say he probably got 700 thousand people. How many of that number were protestors? Probably not a significant amount.


    The thing that is dangerous here is that the president and his team are deciding to wage war against the media. This type of behavior is typical of dictators and can lead to a very slippery slope.

    I just watched a video of Chuck Todd and Kelly Ann Conway discussing this. She would not answer the question of why the crowd sizes were so important to talk about. We have bigger fish to fry than the press secretary coming out and arguing about whether or not the president had 500 thousand people or 700 thousand people. In the long run I'll quote Kelly Ann from the interview I just mentioned "Presidents are not judged by the size of the crowd at inauguration, they are judged by the accomplishments of their administration."

    I agree with her, and it scares me when the president and his team engage in such petty bickering. Unfortunately his supporters will ignore all logic and fact to support whatever notion he is espousing. It is a dangerous time we live in, especially when our government undermines the press and no one thinks anything of it. We need to hold the press accountable, but we need to hold the president account even more so.


    Regardless of how many people showed up to his inauguration. The fact remains, 3 million more people did not want him as president over HRC. Regardless of his crowd size, the day after his official rise to power MILLIONS of women, and men, from around the world went out to protest him, and his incoming administration.

    "Some of these numbers are subject to change, but the historically massive scale of this protest can not be denied. The protests in Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York City alone totals over 2 million people. Over 670 marches took place worldwide, with thousands of people also taking part in demonstrations in Tokyo, Dublin, Capetown, Paris, Vienna, and Yangon, to name a few." http://usuncut.com/news/official-wom...ch-attendance/

    If visual aids are better for you, check out this: http://fortune.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-photos/


    The point is. Arguing over his crowd size is petty and detracts from the larger picture that he is the president, and has a job to do to protect ALL Americans. It is clear that the majority of the people who voted did not want him as president. It is evident that he is bombastic and uses language that is off putting to people. It is evident that many around the world are not excited for him to be president.

    His supporters say "give him a chance" but with his cabinet picks, his fighting with protestors, the media, etc on twitter..does not give me hope or trust. Let's hope that he gets his agenda done and still protects the rights of those who feel he is not going to protect us.
    No i'm saying that reporters saying that Trump pulled the biggest crowds are stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  6. #26

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    No i'm saying that reporters saying that Trump pulled the biggest crowds are stupid.
    Ah gotcha. Well my point still stands as general thought.

    Also, Kelly Ann just said he pulled in much larger numbers for his TV ratings of his Inauguration. They used Obama's SECOND inauguration as their comparison. They neglected that Obama had 7 Million more viewers for his 1st inauguration/
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  7. #27

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    I don't not think he drew a larger crowd than Obama. However, that photo that has been circulated showing a sparse crowd is pushing a false narrative and trying to fuel the disdain towards the new president of the United States.
    Winner of Survivor 2

  8. #28

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tossangel View Post
    I don't not think he drew a larger crowd than Obama. However, that photo that has been circulated showing a sparse crowd is pushing a false narrative and trying to fuel the disdain towards the new president of the United States.
    Whats the source of your picture then? google images?

  9. #29

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tossangel View Post
    I don't not think he drew a larger crowd than Obama. However, that photo that has been circulated showing a sparse crowd is pushing a false narrative and trying to fuel the disdain towards the new president of the United States.
    It's not a false narrative. It says very clearly that, that was the size of the crowd an hour before he was sworn in. Sure, in that hour way more people could have funneled in. But they compared it to Obama's crowd at the same time when he was sworn in for the first time. Pictures don't lie. Sure you can frame a story a certain way. However, things I heard Trump say at the CIA were a LIE.

    He said he had 1.5 million people. FALSE.
    He said his crowd went all the way back to the Washington Monument. As evidenced by your picture, this is also NOT true.
    The media does not need to do anything to fuel disdain for Trump. He does it all on his own, every day, on twitter.


    And that's not a "sparse crowd" that is a far away wide angle shot that gives you more depth. Your picture is from ground level, from the perspective for the president. Of course as your closer things look like there are more, when you're farther away you can get the entire scope. It is possible that's all of the people that went and both pictures are true. They're from two different perspectives, and they're going to look drastically different.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  10. #30

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tossangel View Post
    I don't not think he drew a larger crowd than Obama. However, that photo that has been circulated showing a sparse crowd is pushing a false narrative and trying to fuel the disdain towards the new president of the United States.
    What's false about it? There's lots of pictures of the crowd circulating out there. Why is your picture more correct than the other one? You are the one pushing a narrative to fit what you want portrayed. Exactly what you are accusing others of.

    Bottom line here is no one has to fuel any disdain for the POTUS. He does that perfectly well on his own. The fact that his Press Secretary feels the need to outright lie about the numbers, which in the overall scheme of things, is remarkably petty shows exactly what this President and his administration is all about. Well, that and all the petualant tempertantrums on twitter, stupid fights with the media and a basic overall temperment showing he has no ability to know when he should say something and when he should keep his damn mouth shut.

  11. #31

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Oh and the video i watched today. Kelly Ann Conway said that the Trump team was presenting "alternative facts" -- soooooo basically, "alternative facts" is code for "lies"

    Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/news...facts-20170122
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  12. #32

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    What's false about it? There's lots of pictures of the crowd circulating out there. Why is your picture more correct than the other one? You are the one pushing a narrative to fit what you want portrayed. Exactly what you are accusing others of.

    Bottom line here is no one has to fuel any disdain for the POTUS. He does that perfectly well on his own. The fact that his Press Secretary feels the need to outright lie about the numbers, which in the overall scheme of things, is remarkably petty shows exactly what this President and his administration is all about. Well, that and all the petualant tempertantrums on twitter, stupid fights with the media and a basic overall temperment showing he has no ability to know when he should say something and when he should keep his damn mouth shut.
    Because you can falsely get pictures showing less people by taking at different times, ect.
    You can't get pictures of more people without physically editing the image.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  13. #33

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Oh and the video i watched today. Kelly Ann Conway said that the Trump team was presenting "alternative facts" -- soooooo basically, "alternative facts" is code for "lies"
    Basically.
    She's stupid as sin

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  14. #34

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Basically.
    She's stupid as sin
    I always watch videos with her in it. And half way through I'm like, why am I doing this again? She never answers a single question. All she does is pivot.

    Chuck Todd took her to task, and I think more in the media will too. She said some scary things, basically, alluding to cutting of NBC b/c she doesn't like Todd's questions. It'll be scary if Trump and his team refuse to go on any news media. Except for ones that don't question them on shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  15. #35

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Found a great, wider angle shot from the pres perspective. Kind've gives credence to the first picture that shows the smaller crowd. Here you can see more of the depth and perspective, and the holes.

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL donít get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

  16. #36

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Because you can falsely get pictures showing less people by taking at different times, ect.
    You can't get pictures of more people without physically editing the image.
    But the thing is that the picture that toss took has no link or validity right now. If there is a link that can substance it then i could see it, but until then we can basically say her picture was edited as well. Also PTB points about the angle of it still stands.

    pedit: PTB beats me to it and basically shows that even if toss pic is valid that the angle of it is misleading

  17. #37

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Did anybody else notice that Bill and Hillary looked hopped up on prozac for the entire inauguration? She had a manic smile like a cornered Hyena. Obama just looked like he had been forced to eat shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

  18. #38

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    I always watch videos with her in it. And half way through I'm like, why am I doing this again? She never answers a single question. All she does is pivot.

    Chuck Todd took her to task, and I think more in the media will too. She said some scary things, basically, alluding to cutting of NBC b/c she doesn't like Todd's questions. It'll be scary if Trump and his team refuse to go on any news media. Except for ones that don't question them on shit.
    My SO just showed me the video of her and Chuck literally talking about this. What the actual fuck, tbh.

  19. #39

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by thedougler View Post
    To be fair only 4% of the den of rats known as Washington, D.C. voted for Trump. Virtually everyone at the inauguration probably came from out of town. If the city hosting the inauguration universally reviles Trump obviously he's going to get low turnout. If anything the fact DC hates him means he's doing something right.
    Seriously though, why do you think establishment = bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That's another good point; Who wants to go to an inauguration when protesters are threatening violence lol I'd rather be at home with that shit going on.
    I'm 100% sure Obama's inauguration had comparable threats of violence. Some highlights of protests against him:

    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

    FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

  20. #40

    Re: Why are we still saying prayers at Presidential Inaugurations in 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    I'm 100% sure Obama's inauguration had comparable threats of violence. Some highlights of protests against him:

    The difference was that the violence was in DC.
    Were there riots in DC during Obama's inauguration?

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •