2017 Winter Scummies Discussion Thread - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Most Missed Player Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    The obvious joke selection is the infamous Watermeloann, but other more realistic nominations:
    1. Slaol (activity levels varied at times, but he was formidable when he posted -- some funny one liners / mock rage as well, like in Election Day).
    2. Mikecall (always spiced up early games, especially being a possible mislynch, lol -- was generally an agreeable guy too).
    I miss me and Slaol mostly one sided rivalry
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Calix and Titus

EDIT: and Ash and Goatse
    Goatse on the cupboard! How could I forget? RIP in peace you beautiful bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Re: Best New Player Discussion

Unfortunately, the time period for this award rules out the promising crop of newcomers from the first Beginner's game. Therefore, I'd nominate Stereo who was a very active mod player for a while, but who made the plunge into FM well over the past 6 months. Unlike many other mod players, he has a serious tone and seems to command a good deal of gravitas. Hopefully, he will continue to be active in games this coming year.
    Agreed. The couch obsesssion seems promising too. He might even get granted a profile picture one day... but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo
    sometimes at night i lay on my couch and pretend i am a couch
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo
    I don't want to die. Coming to terms with my own mortality is something of great difficulty to me. After death, is there anything? Heaven? Hell? Nothing? Or perhaps the Buddhists got it right with reincarnation. I can't be too sure, but the ever present possibility of my own death has terrified me more so than anything else. Occasionally I can forget about it. Move on with my life and live as normally as being myself can be. But it always comes back. Long sleepless nights where I've nothing but my own thoughts to attend to. It's hard during those times to not fancy the thought. Perhaps entertain myself with the possibilities before finally finding peace in slumber. Then there are those nights that I lay on my couch and pretend I am a couch.

9. ISO #59

Re: Most Influential Player Discussion

This is quite a difficult category. Influential in terms of effect on the meta / community or influential in terms of the impact they have on their games?

Either way, BC has had a notable influence over the recent games with the d1 policy lynches. He's played a major role in proselytizing Gyrlander, and in general fostered a more proactive attitude regarding confronting lurkers in-game and cutting their ez path to LYLO. It might just be me, but lurking seems to be on the decline, and that's in part due to the attitude BC has instilled.

Other than that, PTB hits games like a meteor and leaves quite the crater behind ^^.

10. ISO #60

Re: Best Town Member Discussion

Calix's play in Empire was very strong too. Her readlist on d2 was almost bang-on-the-money, and her command over the game resulted in scums getting hammered before they even got on to defend themselves. If it weren't for her overbearing presence, the scums would have had a good chance of pulling off a mislynch on RLVG or Mesk, who were under suspicion from Sino and eachother.

There wasn't any fancy play, but she had the fundamentals down to a T, and she turned a game that was up in the air into a closed case.

11. ISO #61

Re: Best Effort Discussion

I'll state what I'm thinking right now, but may go back and read stuff if I find something I like more. I really thought that Quick claiming Vigilante in Spirits was a good attempt. It shows that he was willing to step out of his comfort zone and try to solve the game, and it ended up working out in his favour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Re: Best Use of a Role Discussion

I would probably nominate Brendan (aka M-FM Yes) for his sharp shooting skills in Fringe and was able to take out the scum. Without his shooting that universe would have had a lot more trouble given the other universe had controlled a lot of the voting phases.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

14. ISO #64

Re: Best Mafia Victory Discussion

I think Mesk, Darkness, and Calix did well in Black Flag Nightless. They had full control of the game and were able to deceive the town into miss lynching enough times, as well as at the same time protecting their teammates from lynches.

15. ISO #65

Re: Best Forum Mafia Setup Discussion

I liked Firebringers Overwatch setup. I found it to be balanced allowing both teams to have chances at the same time to win the game, but it was also creative and touched an idea that has not been used a lot. Not to mention that it probably wasn't easy to balance.

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Toadette was great too. I'd say Toadette or Slaol, as they were both very likable / entertaining. I never knew most of these other people that well.
    ^)o.o)^ ^(o.o(^ best mom mafia!

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

Re: Best Neutral Discussion

SilverWolf played well in Empire. She was able to establish herself as a Town to most people and was able to pick off her targets to win the game.

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I think Mesk, Darkness, and Calix did well in Black Flag Nightless. They had full control of the game and were able to deceive the town into miss lynching enough times, as well as at the same time protecting their teammates from lynches.
    They did very well despite being unable to eliminate town leaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

21. ISO #71

Re: Most Improved Player Discussion

If it goes back that far:

Louiswill. Guy went from illiterate to barely literate and carrying games. His English improvement deserves a mention too, as it isn't the easiest second language to learn. That would be Spanish.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

Hi, just popping in to nom some scummies!

I would like to throw a nom at Crypt for MM. The game had a few challenges that the neutral had to overcome and I felt that Crypt's play Day 1, which consisted in lazering in on the "weakest" town link to push a mislynch. Also, his use of no disguise first kill which caused a shit ton of paranoia, and then his making it to the final 3. I feel he only lost because Calix and Mesk decided to turbo lynch. Otherwise, he was running that game pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

24. ISO #74

Re: Best Forum Mafia Setup Discussion

Masquerade Mayhem for sure. The use of anon accounts, along with a cool theme, and a single killer with a disguiser role built in one. It was a unique and pretty fun experiment to be a part of.
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

25. ISO #75

Re: Best Use of a Role Discussion

I would have to say Banana's use of Vigi in Spirits. She allowed two separate vigi role claim 1v1's to happen without blowing up her own spot. She also took out the #1 scum target in most people's eyes to clear the room for discussion.
    Shut up cow.

26. ISO #76

Re: Best Effort Discussion

Honestly, I have to go with Yzb's efforts in Spirits. He wasn't super active, but when he was, he was able to post long read walls, and ultimately was super convincing at the end in his sheriff 1v1 vs Unknown, that he completely convinced me to vote in his favor. Which led to a concede by FB and gg for town.
    Shut up cow.

27. ISO #77

Re: Best Town Member Discussion

I'd have to go with Mesk for Spirits or Lazy. She town read someone, used her logic skills to figure out that person was in fact town. Trusted that person, formed a town block and ultimately had a hand in every vote in both games, which led to victories.
    Shut up cow.

28. ISO #78

@yzb25 first off, thanks for your comment

Secondly, this is a tough one for me... I would have to say Unknown can be pretty influential in his games. He often times get's town read by mesk or me, or by another community member, and is able to use those inherent reads to push agenda's, whether he be town or mafia. His play often stays consistent regardless of alignment, and therefore, I feel like he's able to have a fluid hold on every game that he is in.
    Shut up cow.

29. ISO #79

I'd second or 3rd a stereo nom
    Shut up cow.

30. ISO #80

Re: Most Sportsman-like Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Clearly I am so sportsman, I got a special fm staff note just a week ago about how sportsman like I was
    me too, me too. #memes

---------------------------------

Honestly, I'd have to give it to YZB, I railed him pretty hard in a couple of games. He took all of that stuff, put it aside, pm'd me privately about it and still said GG in thread. I think it takes a lot of sportsmanship to rise about someone endlessly insulting you.
    Shut up cow.

31. ISO #81

Re: Best Host, or Host Combo Discussion

i'd like to nominate 3 hosts for 3 different reasons.

1. Crypt for Inside Job. I thought the set up, each day, and every host post was clean, easy to read, legible, consistently delivered. Also, Crypt made it a post to update us even if he couldn't do Day end post at that very moment, all in all, it was a incident and mistake free game that was very fun and had a very smooth run.

2. Ika/Silverwolf: Mostly for their thematic approach to each of their posts at day or day end. I felt there was nice attempt at delivering the audience a world that we were participating in, and not just a FM game.

3. Iced_Monoply for MM. 1. for style, and presentation. Kept a nice bit of RP in each post, each post was quickly updated within reason. 2. I felt the way in which everything was presented looked good. 3. Quick to notify us of a replacement and took care of it quickly. 4. Worked to match players based on time-zone to keep us all together. 5. Developed individual personalities for each anon account and made it a point that each player had to stay within the confines of that fake profile.
    Shut up cow.

32. ISO #82

Re: Best Archon Discussion

Empathy17 gets my nom, because it's cute to me that ika/wolf care so much about not OGC that they work as a team. I also find the duality of their personalities fun to read, and they're always interesting whenever they're in game on their archon.
    Shut up cow.

33. ISO #83

Re: Best Mafia Member Discussion

This one has to go to Unknown for Spirits, he had most of us convinced he was town until the disastrous 1v1 with yzb. While FB was never truly figured out, BC and SJ were on to him enough that he would have been found out eventually. However, Unknown worked really hard to convince everyone that yzb was scum and it was pretty much split down the middle.
    Shut up cow.

34. ISO #84

Re: Best Game Theme Discussion

I second this
    third this

And with that, I'm off until voting commences.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; January 2nd, 2017 at 09:58 PM.
    Shut up cow.

35. ISO #85

This is quite a difficult category. Influential in terms of effect on the meta / community or influential in terms of the impact they have on their games?
    The category is purposefully vague. Influential in any regards, someone who has left an impact, or someone who is able to influence the games they are in a lot. Positive or negative (but preferably positive :P)

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

36. ISO #86

I would like to nominate Calix & Banana. In every game they have used the power of the pussy which has swayed all the lovely gentleman of this community.

This goes for all games, specifying one is not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Please don't post in the punished players section if you're not involved. Consider this a warning from Thugnificent. You got one Thug ticket. Collect 3 more of those and i'll have to issue a Thug Infraction. Collect 3 Thug Infractions and you get 1 Thug Misdemeanor Charge.

Spoiler : :
    Citizen, Agent, Citizen, Vigilante, Citizen, Godfather, Citizen, Citizen, Voter, Elder, Mafioso, BackUpSleuth, Escort, Mafioso, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Tailor, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, Citizen, TheJoker, Citizen, LadyGaga, Mafioso, Winston Wolfe, Detective, Citizen, Citizen, Masquerader

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

There are remarkably few people even eligible here, given the recent paucity of neutral roles in recent games. However, I nominate Firebringer as FM Romeo in FM Game of Thrones. Although he didn't win, he put a metric shitton of effort in and helped carry his team much further than they otherwise would have. Had his team not been brutally murdered early on by night kills, he may well have won.

Hi, just popping in to nom some scummies!

I would like to throw a nom at Crypt for MM. The game had a few challenges that the neutral had to overcome and I felt that Crypt's play Day 1, which consisted in lazering in on the "weakest" town link to push a mislynch. Also, his use of no disguise first kill which caused a shit ton of paranoia, and then his making it to the final 3. I feel he only lost because Calix and Mesk decided to turbo lynch. Otherwise, he was running that game pretty well.
    Being a solo scum in a game doesn't make one a neutral, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

The scumteams in FM Game of Thrones, especially team Baratheon driven by @Lysergic as FM Yankee. A well-crafted victory with an epic use of dayvig at the end.
    Philosophical question for the FM team -- there are already a bunch of FM only awards (i.e. MVP and the other awards given out during that game -- Best Town, etc.). Is there a reason the big FM is being considered with the Scummies? I think many of us, myself included, will be disappointed if the Scummies become disproportionately focused on the FM vs. S-FMs and M-FMs, which don't receive as much comparative attention.

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

I'll add JealousTL and Purebe to the list by virtue of being only semi-active FM players to join the site in the past 6 months.
    IMO, it'd be nice to give this award to a player who stuck around vs. someone who joined, played a couple games, and left -- i.e. want to encourage new people to stick around, lol.

47. ISO #97

I agree with your point that the FM players in certain games have already received awards. However, given that there are certain awards that may not have been acknowledged, I wouldn't exclude those from the running.

48. ISO #98

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I agree with your point that the FM players in certain games have already received awards. However, given that there are certain awards that may not have been acknowledged, I wouldn't exclude those from the running.
    Oh, I'm not necessarily saying to exclude the FM -- more just suggesting that the FM players receive a number of post-game accolades already, so it'd be nice if the Scummies helped to fill that void for M-FM and especially S-FM games as well. If there was something which stuck out exceptionally in an FM, of course it should be considered in my mind. Just would prefer us not making the Scummies into a second round of awards for the FM vs. recognizing great play in a variety of different games.

49. ISO #99

Philosophical question for the FM team -- there are already a bunch of FM only awards (i.e. MVP and the other awards given out during that game -- Best Town, etc.). Is there a reason the big FM is being considered with the Scummies? I think many of us, myself included, will be disappointed if the Scummies become disproportionately focused on the FM vs. S-FMs and M-FMs, which don't receive as much comparative attention.
    It's being considered because these are awards that encompass and celebrates Forum Mafia on our site as a whole.

If you want more S-FM and M-FM play to be noticed, nominate more S-FM and M-FM play.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

50. ISO #100

Given the current discussion, it would appear these awards are mostly going to fall on M-FMs/S-FMs, which also happens simply because you can't get all of the achievements to be possible in the big FMs, and there are more S-FMs, period.

I'm mostly just nominating some from the big FM because I think some here will have forgotten about them. Scummies are an extra level of prestige, which FM play deserves to be eligible for. We also have informal awards for S-FM and M-FM play, but this is a chance for those awards to be formalized on site and compared to similar plays in other games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.