Necessary Changes to FM - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101
  1. #81

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Voting on games adds a layer of wasted time.

    Why not just stagger the start of games to every 7-10 days?

    By then, more than half the players in a 13p game will be dead and ready for a new game.
    "Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Hitler. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when people are blind to who we are and what we're doing."
    - Steve Bannon

  2. #82

  3. #83

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    You're joking right? I can't tell if you're joking or not
    Pepe being labeled by ADL is literally a reason to use the meme. The irony is amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  4. #84

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Voting on games adds a layer of wasted time.

    Why not just stagger the start of games to every 7-10 days?

    By then, more than half the players in a 13p game will be dead and ready for a new game.
    It wouldnt, because voting would only last a few days while the last batch of games is ongoing. If no one votes, then we would just go in the order of the queue, as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  5. #85

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Pepe being labeled by ADL is literally a reason to use the meme. The irony is amazing.
    Unless you're nonwhite and someone posts it in a reply to one of your posts.
    "Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Hitler. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when people are blind to who we are and what we're doing."
    - Steve Bannon

  6. #86

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Unless you're nonwhite and someone posts it in a reply to one of your posts.
    No, that's just silly.

    and are not offensive. They're ways to say you Feel Good Man or you Feel Bad Man.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Unless you're nonwhite and someone posts it in a reply to one of your posts.
    No, that's not why it was labeled as anti-semetic by the ADL. It was labelled as anti-semetic because people were jokingly making Pepe have a Hitler mustache, just like basically every single other thing on the internet.

    You should really do some research before spewing out CNN and Hillary Clinton talking points.

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    No, that's just silly.

    and are not offensive. They're ways to say you Feel Goof Man or you Feel Bad Man.
    Exactly. If you throw Hitler 'stache on them, then yes... they're offensive... but everything is offensive if you put a Hitler 'stache on it.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; December 26th, 2016 at 06:34 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  8. #88

  9. #89

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Most of this post seems geared toward S-FMs, which I don't play very often, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

    I think most of the ideas are good, but I disagree with the carrot/stick approach for hosts. Having played/hosted several games myself of every size (SFM, MFM, FM) I don't think there is any reason to further incentivize good hosting. When someone hosts a game on this site, they are volunteering their free time to something that can be very time consuming and stressful for no pay or compensation of any kind- they're not doing it for external incentives. They're doing it for the intrinsic value it has to them- they love the game and want to give a good game to their fellow FM players. When a host makes a mistake during a game (which, as Elixir said, happens to the best of us) they don't have an ulterior motive- they just fucked up. Because they're human and that's what humans do every now and then.

    I wouldn't mind if we had some kind of host-appreciation mechanism because as I just said, hosting can be very demanding work and while people obviously do it for the love of the game, everyone likes it when they get praise for a job well done, so it's a nice way to thank the people who took time out of their busy schedules to give the rest of us a fun excuse to yell at people on the internet. But I don't think it's needed to encourage good hosting. I just think it's nice.

    I also understand that FM hosts, just like players, are not created equal. I find that playing and hosting ability tend to go hand in hand. But just because someone is not the best player doesn't necessarily mean they should be prevented from hosting, so I think giving them an experienced co-host would be a good solution to this problem, as it allows them to host while providing a safety net to ensure the game will run smoothly. I can also see some edge cases where this could become a problem- if for example someone went through all the steps to host a game, found a co-host, etc. and then bailed and left the co-host to do everything (assuming no extenuating circumstances). In that case, I would say some kind of punishment (perhaps a timeout/ban from hosting) is warranted because that is a pretty crappy thing to do. But for simple hosting mistakes I don't think any punishment is needed, and I think adding co-hosts helps mitigate mistakes by providing a second set of eyes to look over things and correct errors before everything is finalized.

    On an unrelated note, it was bugging me that there was a whole discussion about the Pepe meme being offensive/labeled Anti-Semetic by the ADL. This article should clear things up. It's from the ADL's site itself. TL;DR- They know the Pepe meme isn't inherently bigoted, but slap a Hitler 'stache on it and a "kill the jews" text bubble and now it's hate speech. And as to KlingonCelt's argument that the Trump supporters use it, therefore it's white supremacist- no. Trump and his supporters are fucking morons, and many of them are also bigots, but that's no reflection on Pepe- it's just a stupid meme which they happen to like. Now if Trump creates his own secret police force, starts a world war (a legit possibility tbh), puts minorities/political enemies in torture/death camps, and uses fucking Pepe as his insignia while he does it, THEN you can compare Pepe to the Swastika.
    Last edited by Gerik; December 27th, 2016 at 12:42 PM.

  10. #90

  11. #91

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I don't have any major disagreements with anything Cryptonic has said.
    The biggest thing seems to be a rolling vote might be tedious to see what game is next.

    But can easily be done.
    Also gets rid of problem of people over gamming themselves.
    The vote/poll will be easy.

    This is my idea so far:

    - People submit complete setup to the queue.
    - Around the start of the 3rd game of the 4-game series, a poll will be created with all the setups on the Queue.
    - The poll will be a multi-vote poll where you get to choose your game 1 choice, your game 2 choice, and your game 3 choice.*
    - After a few days (not too long), the poll will close and those 3 games will run.
    - A fourth game will be selected from the queue by the FM Staff to run after those 3 games. The reasons for selection can be anything: It received a lot of votes, New Host, Interesting Theme, Interest Mechanics, Someone who hasn't hosted in long time, literally anything. We might even random it, but we won't reveal how we chose it.
    - Around the start of the 3rd game, a new poll will open. Anyone who hosted a game in the previous 4 games will not be allowed to put a setup on the poll unless there are less than 4 setups.

    *Depending on the site status, we might break the poll into a category of 2 small/1 large, or 2 large/1 small.


    This encourages hosts who lose a poll to refine their setup for next time, or completely change it to try to win people over. The poll should be short and scarce enough that there should be no need to campaign.

    This can change if there is more discussion on it, but so far no one really has anything to add/critique.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  12. #92

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Also, I feel like no one really read my post. I included some stuff in there that I really thought people would question lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  13. #93

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I'm speaking from the consumer side of it. To be honest, I don't care nearly as much about how the hosts themselves feel -- my concern is the experience of the players.
    FYI this is retarded. You stop caring about the hosts, and there will be no games for players to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  14. #94

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    The vote/poll will be easy.

    This is my idea so far:

    - People submit complete setup to the queue.
    - Around the start of the 3rd game of the 4-game series, a poll will be created with all the setups on the Queue.
    - The poll will be a multi-vote poll where you get to choose your game 1 choice, your game 2 choice, and your game 3 choice.*
    - After a few days (not too long), the poll will close and those 3 games will run.
    - A fourth game will be selected from the queue by the FM Staff to run after those 3 games. The reasons for selection can be anything: It received a lot of votes, New Host, Interesting Theme, Interest Mechanics, Someone who hasn't hosted in long time, literally anything. We might even random it, but we won't reveal how we chose it.
    - Around the start of the 3rd game, a new poll will open. Anyone who hosted a game in the previous 4 games will not be allowed to put a setup on the poll unless there are less than 4 setups.

    *Depending on the site status, we might break the poll into a category of 2 small/1 large, or 2 large/1 small.


    This encourages hosts who lose a poll to refine their setup for next time, or completely change it to try to win people over. The poll should be short and scarce enough that there should be no need to campaign.

    This can change if there is more discussion on it, but so far no one really has anything to add/critique.
    Slightly confused on how many games are submitted to this before poll starts.
    It sounds like this is just deciding order, not if a game is actually worthy to play.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

  15. #95

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Slightly confused on how many games are submitted to this before poll starts.
    It sounds like this is just deciding order, not if a game is actually worthy to play.
    If a game isn't worthy to play, then don't vote for it.

    If there aren't enough setups in the queue, then you play what you get lol



    To expand on this, we have 8 unique hosts currently.
    Half of those would be ran this poll. During that time, someone else has the ability to make a setup and put it in the queue. There may only be 5-6 in the next one, but people have that chance. Then a few people might make more, and the 4 who hosted from the original queue might put setups back in.

    This is all open to discussion, though. Maybe a host can put setups in back to back?

    I mean, I still want to give people fair chance and ability to host, but I do want people to put their best setups forward.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; December 28th, 2016 at 10:39 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  16. #96

  17. #97

  18. #98

  19. #99

    Re: Necessary Changes to FM

    DAT BUMP DOE
    Cultist of Cute Pandas, JOIN US OR WE KILL YOU.
    according to all know laws of aviation there is no way a lynch train should be able to fly
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Its just gonna be a big shouting match of "your so scummy" "nuuu uhhh" "yaaaaas yew rrrrr" "yew r duh scumiest i weel lynch yew" .................flips town

  20. #100

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •