[Approved] S-FM Cult of Zed - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21

  2. #22

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    PTB there is scum hunting, you know. If you just think of town as random lynchers then of course yoi're going to get Bad results.
    Even with scum hunting it favors the cult leader. Day 1 will surely be a mislynch. Day 2 you convert whomever was seen as town leader day one and then just sheep their vote. Boom day 3 you pretty much have it on lock.

    Scum hunting is great but without invest or any tpr the scum can just kick back, relax, and hope someone puts a bigger target on their back. Look at mm similar concept.

    Scum only lost bc of a turbo lynch at the end in a 1v2 situation. This is likely to have multiple teammates.

  3. #23

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Having people vote on someone not being convertible doesn't work because then town can say the next day and have no reason to lie.

    Town's main advantage in this setup is that they only have to lynch the cult leader and the game ends. Right now, the game is more or less a competition between "get three mislynches" and "lynch the Cult Leader." This seems to be roughly a fair competition. Two mislynches seems like quite too few, and four may be making town's life too easy.

    But within the world of "three mislynches ends the game," the current setup is more cult-leaning, which may or may not be correct. I'm not opposed to adding another citizen, or perhaps changing one citizen so that it can't be converted. We're close to a good balance point; the question is what minor tweaks, if any, should be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  4. #24

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Why doesn't Town just wait for everyone to be converted, then everyone wins.

    I'd max it @ 4 conversion (living & dead), then that's half the Town.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  5. #25

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Why doesn't Town just wait for everyone to be converted, then everyone wins.

    I'd max it @ 4 conversion (living & dead), then that's half the Town.
    Mandatory lynch, and game ends the moment cult could win. If you're town and don't lynch cult during the 4v3 LYLO, you just lose.

    The cult is actually capped at 3 living+dead members by the mechanics.

    (Cult can only be converted following a mislynch, so 4 members means there were 3 mislynches. But then the six remaining members have to be divided among cult+town. At least three of those have to be town, otherwise cult could have ended the game by converting after the third mislynch. And then that only leaves room for three cult)

    Note that I've changed the cult wincon to "Control 50% of the vote, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so." so that if they get down a 2v2 or 3v3 that game doesn't risk coming down to chance from town and cult lining up their votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  6. #26

  7. #27

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    PTB there is scum hunting, you know. If you just think of town as random lynchers then of course yoi're going to get Bad results.
    I was thinking about this last night in bed. In this game, Scum hunting in the traditional sense is not even optimal since everyone is subject to change alignment. It lends itself to playing much more defensively and thinking about playing the game as both Town and Scum.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  8. #28

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I was thinking about this last night in bed. In this game, Scum hunting in the traditional sense is not even optimal since everyone is subject to change alignment. It lends itself to playing much more defensively and thinking about playing the game as both Town and Scum.
    Which was part of my point.

  9. #29

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Which was part of my point.
    What do you think of my 7v1 idea?
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  10. #30

  11. #31

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I was thinking about this last night in bed. In this game, Scum hunting in the traditional sense is not even optimal since everyone is subject to change alignment. It lends itself to playing much more defensively and thinking about playing the game as both Town and Scum.
    That's why you should check for inconsistencies in players following previous days lol. It's ingame-meta essentially.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  12. #32

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    That's why you should check for inconsistencies in players following previous days lol. It's ingame-meta essentially.
    Plus, buddying is still a good scumtell.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  13. #33

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Make a role that can't be converted, but have it show up as a Citizen so that people won't know if they can get converted or not. that seems completely fair.
    Last edited by Unknown1234; December 12th, 2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I spelt Citizen wrong -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Ye, I'm back to bring some random kid to victory again.

  14. #34

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    PTB there is scum hunting, you know. If you just think of town as random lynchers then of course yoi're going to get Bad results.
    thats how you get satistical vaule of a game ballacne though, the game is ballanced based on its roles. a game can be stomped in either faction based on the players but be ballenced based on its role aspect

  15. #35

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I was thinking about this last night in bed. In this game, Scum hunting in the traditional sense is not even optimal since everyone is subject to change alignment. It lends itself to playing much more defensively and thinking about playing the game as both Town and Scum.
    Since only two people, at most, will be converted, optimal town play to make things as best as you can for town. If you lynch cult, then you're on the road to victory, and if you get converted then you will have hopefully established yourself as a town leader who can then lead cult to victory.

    Only 25% of the town, at most, is getting converted. If you're optimizing how to win as cult, you're trying to win an unlikely victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  16. #36

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Since only two people, at most, will be converted, optimal town play to make things as best as you can for town. If you lynch cult, then you're on the road to victory, and if you get converted then you will have hopefully established yourself as a town leader who can then lead cult to victory.

    Only 25% of the town, at most, is getting converted. If you're optimizing how to win as cult, you're trying to win an unlikely victory.
    And cue game where no cult is lynched and they win day 4. :P

  17. #37

  18. #38

  19. #39

  20. #40

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    This game needs nothing else. The 8 v 1 ratio is fine. the fact town needs to lynch the cult leader means they won't be absurdly trying to just lynch the converted people - and will focus on actual scum hunting. Its actually tested before (all the cult members will die when the leader die - exactly like this setup) and it works.

    Although I feel like in Sc2 people are more focused on actions than day play which is something I'm not used to, which might be because of the shorter deadlines, so I'm not sure if my point of view has any importance here.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •