[Approved] S-FM Cult of Zed
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1

    S-FM Cult of Zed

    Cult of Zed
    [9 Players]

    Summary:
    A cult game where the town wins when they lynch the cult leader.

    Role List:
    Cult Leader Zed
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

    Rolecards:
    Cult Leader Zed
    At night, you may convert someone to become a Cultist.
    You may not convert if a Cultist was lynched the previous day.
    You share a night chat with your Cultists. (link)
    Cultist
    You have no special abilities.
    You share a night chat with Cult Leader Zed and fellow Cultists. (link)
    Citizen
    You have no special abilities.
    Mechanics:
    Days last 48 hours, or until someone is lynched with 51% of the votes.
    If no one gets 51% of the votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. (ties will be settled at random)
    Nights are 24 hours.
    No Last Wills
    Graveyard will reveal roles
    Game begins on Day 1.

    Win Conditions:
    Cultists: Control 50% of the vote, or make it so nothing can stop you from doing so.
    Citizens: Lynch Cult Leader Zed.

    The game will end when a wincon is achieved.

    Rules:
    1. Inactives will be replaced or modkilled. Inactivity will be decided at my discretion.
    2.No out-of-game communication.
    3. No editing or deleting posts.
    4. No videos or links. (pictures OK, within reason)
    5. No invisible text.
    6. No quoting PM's.
    7. English only.
    8. No pretending to gamethrow.
    Last edited by MattZed; December 15th, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Does the cult leader have unlimited conversions?

    Does town ONLY need to lynch the cult leader, or do they have to kill the converts too?
    The Cult Leader has an unlimited number of conversions.

    Only the cult leader needs to be lynched for town to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  4. #4

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Seems broken. Players will just lynch who they don't personally like and hope to be converted by cult.

    There's no incentive to scum hunt here. There not even incentive to get a lynch off. Less lynches more culties.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  5. #5

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Seems broken. Players will just lynch who they don't personally like and hope to be converted by cult.

    There's no incentive to scum hunt here. There not even incentive to get a lynch off. Less lynches more culties.
    Plurality lynch. A lynch will always happen.

    Players who intentionally sabotage town with the hope of being converted to cult will be punished accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Plurality lynch. A lynch will always happen.

    Players who intentionally sabotage town with the hope of being converted to cult will be punished accordingly.
    LOL cause you have such a great track record of punishing anti town moves.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  8. #8

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Concern: The soonest that Cult can win is 4 game days.

    Its 3 days, but its not an even number.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  9. #9

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I give the cult a 72.392649%* chance of winning

    *I totally didn't just pull this number out of my ass or anything
    An interesting number of significant digits. Care to elaborate?

    But to your concern, town really doesn't have an incentive to just screw around and hope for being converted. The Cult Leader is most likely going to go for the strongest and most townread players, so not taking your wincon seriously just increases your chances of losing as town.

  10. #10

  11. #11

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Concern: The soonest that Cult can win is 4 game days.

    Its 3 days, but its not an even number.
    I suggest dropping a Citizen, with the limited knowledge I have on cult games.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  12. #12

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I suggest dropping a Citizen, with the limited knowledge I have on cult games.
    As it is, cult has to win a 4v3 LYLO on D3 for their fastest path to victory. (which frankly I've considered adding a cit to make it 5v3) With one less Cit, Cult only needs to not get lynched D1 or D2. That just feels way too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  13. #13

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    There is actually only an 11.11% chance of a random lynch catching the Cult Leader D1. Leaving an 88.89% chance of cult leader of surviving day 1.

    There is a 12.5% chance of cult leader being lynched day 2. 87.5% chance of not being lynched.

    There is a 14.28% chance of cult leader being lynched day 3. 85.71% chance of surviving.

    There is a 16.66% chance of cult leader being lynched day 4. 83.33% chance of surviving.

    There is a 20% chance of cult leader being lynched day 5. 80% chance of surviving.

    There is a 25% chance of cult leader being lynched day 6. 75% chance surviving.



    DAY 1:

    9 players
    51% of vote = 7
    Or plurality
    Cultist has ONE VOTE.

    DAY 2

    8 players (2 cult)
    51% of the vote = 5 votes
    or pluarlity
    Cultist has TWO VOTES

    DAY 3

    7 players (3 cult)
    51% of the vote =4
    or plurality
    Cultist controls 3 VOTES

    DAY 4

    6players (4 cult)
    51% of the vote = 4
    plurality does not apply
    CULTIST CONTROL 4 VOTES


    DAY 5


    5 players (5 cult)
    Game over.


    Concern: Game would be completely over by day 5 if a single cultist was never killed. Given %'s earlier, and everyone just being a citizen, it would be almost impossible for town to win.


    Solution: Add 1 mason. Cannot be converted. Kills cultists at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?

  14. #14

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    As it is, cult has to win a 4v3 LYLO on D3 for their fastest path to victory. (which frankly I've considered adding a cit to make it 5v3) With one less Cit, Cult only needs to not get lynched D1 or D2. That just feels way too easy.
    2 mislynch game.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  15. #15

  16. #16

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    2 mislynch game.
    Right, but even in a comparable situation, a 7 citizen vs 2 mafioso game, scum needs three mislynches to win. I have trouble making the game significantly more scumsided than 7v2 with no TPRs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

  17. #17

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Right, but even in a comparable situation, a 7 citizen vs 2 mafioso game, scum needs three mislynches to win. I have trouble making the game significantly more scumsided than 7v2 with no TPRs.
    I suppose you could keep it at 7v1 but have one be a decoy that can't be recruited and nothing else.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

  18. #18

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    I think the fact that I have people encouraging changing the balance in both directions is a good sign.
    @PowersThatBe , I'm not really sure where your calculations are going.
    Right now, if you think about it. Just by himself the cultist leader is 88% chance likely to not die day 1.

    Day 2 he only drops a couple of % points, but gains a vote against, so actually his rate of survival increases, slightly.


    1/9= 11% of the vote 7 votes to lynch [14.28%]
    2/8= 25% of the vote 5 votes to lynch [40%]
    3/7= 42% of the vote 4 votes to lynch [75%]
    4/6= 66.66% of the vote 4 votes to lynch [100%]


    the right side numbers are the %'s of cult to votes needed to lynch ratio. Starting at day 2 his votes is worth 25% of total player population and 40% of the votes needed to lynch. Day 3 he controls 42% of the population but 75% of the votes need to lynch. By day 4 he controls 66% of the population and 100% of the vote to lynch.

    As you can see. If he successfully recruits every night and none of them die. He controls a large portion of the vote beginning at day 3.

    Also, if you were to look at it this way.


    Day 1 = 1/1 = 100% chance of losing game for cult. 1/9 = 11.11% controls 14% of vote though
    Day 2 = 1/2 = 50% chance of losing game for cult. 2/8 = 25% controls 40% of the vote though
    Day 3 = 1/3 = 33% chance of losing game for cult. 3/7 = 42% controls 75% of the vote though
    Day 4 = no chance because they control the votes silly. HAHAHAHAHAHA

    *These numbers represent if somehow town figured it down to 1 of the cult being the leader by magic.

    So basically. You have upper 80% chance of not being lynched every day, then your vote controlled power increases exponentially each day.

    So while the chances of town hitting a scum increase as the scum increases. The vote power is really what you should be paying attention to.



    Let's assume town kills 1 scum a day: Minus day 1.


    Day 1: 1/9 = 11.11% and 14% of the vote
    Day 2: 2/8 = 25% and 40% of the vote
    Day 3: 2/7 = 28% and 50% of the vote
    Day 4: 2/6 = 33% and 50% of the vote
    Day 5: 2/5 = 40% and 66.66% of the vote
    Day 6: 2/4 = 50% and 66.66% of the vote


    So even if they kill 1 scum a day starting day 2, without getting the cult leader. By day 6 cult still wins because they control a larger portion of the vote. Worst case scenario they come to a tie situation. in which case there is only a 25% chance the cult leader would be hit on day 6 by RNG.



    What i comes down to ultimately is that this save really favors the lone scum.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; December 12th, 2016 at 02:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?

  19. #19

  20. #20

    Re: S-FM Cult of Zed

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    @PowersThatBe , I still don't see the point of your calculations, although you are missing the fact that the Cult Leader cannot convert if a cultist was lynched that day.
    Word, I did forget about that.


    The point is, there is a huge margin for cultists to run the table. Basically, you need something to make them not be able to run away with the game in my opinion.

    Like the chances to even lynch 1 cultist is very low in comparison. You're more likely to ML than not. Especially if you convert the strongest town read.

    You could have all the players pm you at EOD or night their strongest town read, and the player with the largest number of votes, that person is immune at night from being converted. No one will know who it is, and they wont know, only scum will know who it is because they failed to convert them. Since there's no town confirm roles, or invest roles, this just seems imbalanced in favor the scum


    The calculations were to show you hard numbers, since there's been some questions about your saves not being balanced (no shade swear to god). Just feels like it's missing something to stop the cultists from taking over. Like it's good they cant convert if a cultist is hit, but they have 75% chance of not getting hit, especially if you pick the biggest town read to be converted. Then it gives scum even more chance to win imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •