Offsite Mini Forum Mafia opportunity
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Offsite Mini Forum Mafia opportunity

Hey all,

I've had a thing going for a while where I'd like to try and run a simple forum mafia game on a different (unrelated to Mafia) forum. I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough about it to run it myself though, so I thought I'd come over here and ask if anyone would be interested in running it for me. I am of course happy to pay a mutually agreeable price (with additional bonuses), with the certainty of further games being run in future assuming this one goes well.

Some info;

1M+ members
    Participants likely to range from 10-50 players per game, depending on setup
    Majority of participants have zero experience with any Mafia types
    No special accounts currently allowed (eg no separate accounts to disguise identity - whole thing must be on original accounts)
    No current deadline for start date - this is a pre-event setup which has no established timeframe
    Separate sections (unviewable forum sectors, etc) are available

If anyone's interested, please feel free to PM me for more information or to ask questions. Thanks!

2. ISO #2

Re: Offsite Mini Forum Mafia opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Hey all,

I've had a thing going for a while where I'd like to try and run a simple forum mafia game on a different (unrelated to Mafia) forum. I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough about it to run it myself though, so I thought I'd come over here and ask if anyone would be interested in running it for me. I am of course happy to pay a mutually agreeable price (with additional bonuses), with the certainty of further games being run in future assuming this one goes well.

Some info;

1M+ members
    Participants likely to range from 10-50 players per game, depending on setup
    Majority of participants have zero experience with any Mafia types
    No special accounts currently allowed (eg no separate accounts to disguise identity - whole thing must be on original accounts)
    No current deadline for start date - this is a pre-event setup which has no established timeframe
    Separate sections (unviewable forum sectors, etc) are available

If anyone's interested, please feel free to PM me for more information or to ask questions. Thanks!
    What site?
    Where have you been?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

3. ISO #3

@J - Have you or anyone else run any Mafia games other than your current one on that site? Are you sure that there's enough interest to warrant a mini forum?
    "Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Hitler. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when people are blind to who we are and what we're doing."
    - Steve Bannon

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Please share the site as I need additional experience with sites new to mafia.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    What site?
    Where have you been?
    I don't want to mention it publicly, feel free to PM if you do want to know.

What do you mean by where have I been?

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    @J - Have you or anyone else run any Mafia games other than your current one on that site? Are you sure that there's enough interest to warrant a mini forum?
    No, this is something that I personally wanted to try out as a trial; as an explanation, the site has many active members but minimal topics/activities onsite. I wanted to run this as a special event.

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    FYI, Crypt and I have given this the go-ahead. Feel free to share the site and any details publicly here.
    Thanks, I was a little concerned this might be viewed as advertising.

--------------------------------------------

Also, please feel free to add me on Discord if you're interested in hosting this; I generally only check sc2mafia once or twice a day, but I'm usually online most of the day on Discord.

Jay#8330
    Last edited by J; December 3rd, 2016 at 01:33 PM.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I think you'd be more effective in getting a response if you had an avatar :P.

And if you provided details about your home site (why anyone should care about that forum or its inhabitants), why you want to run a mafia game, what sort of setup you'd like to run, and things about yourself.

My opinion is that if you do not engage their sympathy you will not find sufficient interest here. I myself am not an experienced host.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I think you'd be more effective in getting a response if you had an avatar :P.

And if you provided details about your home site (why anyone should care about that forum or its inhabitants), why you want to run a mafia game, what sort of setup you'd like to run, and things about yourself.

My opinion is that if you do not engage their sympathy you will not find sufficient interest here. I myself am not an experienced host.
    I'm not sure why I need an avatar lol.

I've provided those details above, if you didn't read it I can't really help you :/.

11. ISO #11

I'd help you out, J, but I'm not sure how good of a host I can be atm. Don't want to fail running your site's first game.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    I'm not sure why I need an avatar lol.

I've provided those details above, if you didn't read it I can't really help you :/.

If you call those vague descriptions details... (i.e. massive difference between a 10 and a 50 player game)

Maybe you can't help me, but maybe you can help them know what you're wanting. That is all.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I'd help you out, J, but I'm not sure how good of a host I can be atm. Don't want to fail running your site's first game.
    No problem, I'm not planning on this starting until early-mid January anyway. Currently just looking for options as to who can run it - may well end up being multiple people. Part of the plan is to run a test game prior to a full on game to work out the bugs, if you'd be interested in doing something like that.

14. ISO #14

Yea, I really hope someone here will be able to help you out. I think this would be a good thing for both communities.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Yea, I really hope someone here will be able to help you out. I think this would be a good thing for both communities.
    Me and silverwolf will be hosting in januray, we will prob be sending out pms later to people onn here who would like to assist in the playing and teach the players objective play on what to do

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17